Nissan Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Nissan President & CEO Hiroto Saikawa
Hiroto Saikawa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • flexibility in communication which make the work environment is very good to work in it (in 19 reviews)

• Great company to work for plenty of perks and job security (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours and not enough life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Work life balance isn't as important (in 10 reviews)

"Process engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

I have been working at Nissan (Less than a year)

Pros

Good base pay for an entry level position. Helpful staff if you find the niche

Cons

No formal training. Unreasonably High expectations for the amount of training and money

Advice to Management

Train your employees. Give your employees a good work/life ratio. They will work harder for you. Stressful environments like at Nissan don't breed good ideas. Lower stress=better quality

"Auto Technician"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Great Technicians. The service department is well equipped.

Cons

Sales department is a continuous revolving door for management. NOT ONE SINGLE GENERAL MANAGER in the past 8 years understands the service department daily operation. This leads to juvenile like decisions that interrupt work flow by continuously changing procedures. The customer
    ultimately chooses not to do business with the dealership. Everyone Loses.

Advice to Management

Quit making promises to people just to SELL A CAR. When the person eventually comes back for what you promised them... The service department has to scramble for documents for the customer that do not exist!! Meanwhile the customer is waiting for the items or service PROMISED to them..Whats next? A new manager comes out and will gladly deny the last managers PROMISE by saying, we can't offer that to you now because that manager is no longer here!!!!!
    At this point the service department will go ahead, and try to help the customer, but its too late. Get a good look at them
    because they will never do business with the dealership again. The whole process of gaining someones trust, future business, referrals GONE!!! Not to mention the family and friends that they will gladly share thier dishonest experience
    with. You probally won't see them either. ..Congratulations..You got your first and final sale, and service visit. Taking a seat on my toolbox now.

3. "Worst job ever"

Current Employee - BDC Assistant in Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - BDC Assistant in Wilson, NC

Pros

semi discount when you buy a car

Cons

Change of pay when you preform well for the WORSE
    "Benefits" are a joke
    co workers are lazy
    they will literally hire anyone

Advice to Management

If you set a high goal, and your employee gets there and gets the big bonus, dont "reward" them by doubling your expectations.

4. "Production Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

I worked at Nissan (Less than a year)

Pros

$13 hourly. Plenty of overtime which counts and time and a half. Sunday's count as double time pay.

Cons

Hot environment. Always at work. They made us work every weekend for nearly the whole year. Production goals are unrealistic making you run a ridiculously large amount of total parts.

"Made a deal with the devil"

Current Employee - Assembly Line Technician in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Technician in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Nissan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hourly pay, paid shutdowns about 5 weeks off total throughout the year, able to lease vehicles for cheap.

Cons

I made a deal with the devil over 4 years ago. Nissan has given me every opportunity to afford everything I need to get stability in my life. 4 years later, I wish I could give it all back because they own me. You're treated like you're nothing to them. They expect you to put their needs before your own in all situations. If you're out of what little paid time you get, good luck being there for your children. They will have you're write up hot off the printer awaiting your return. I was literally given the ultimatum to choose which family member needed medical treatment more. They dont care about you or your family. They reallocate your pay to give the impression they're paying you competitively, "profit" share bonuses do not reflect the outcome of company performance, yet have the funds to drop tens of millions on a single advertising opportunity a week later. If you get hurt, they will find a way to push liability on you, even if it is just from wear and tear on your body. Take my advice, find something you're passionate about and roll with it. All this company can offer you is money and you will leave a lesser, more bitter person at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Company policies are designed to set your employees up for failure. The corrective action policy is 100% meant to beat you down an opposed to build you up, even if the chances of it reoccurring are none. Treat your employees like they're worth something to you. You can't buy good employees and your products reflect that.

6. "You can do better"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Compton, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Compton, CA

I worked at Nissan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job ..other than that don't waste your time

Cons

This is honest.. Underpaid and under appreciated .. A lot of tension at work because of the difference in pay . If you are a female forget it just awkward environment .

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers the ppl that work hard everyday for no appreciation. Ppl don't get to see they family because of theshift hours and got to do something about the tension it's just going to get worse. Nobody respects each other or management

"Beware"

Current Employee - Car Salesman in New Rochelle, NY
    Current Employee - Car Salesman in New Rochelle, NY

I have been working at Nissan (Less than a year)

Pros

it is a job. Honestly, the owner has great hopes and ideas but the work ethic of everyone else is poor. EXCESSIVE gossiping and talking behind others back. i wouldn't recommend this place.

Cons

just everything sucks. Few people actually try. but overall, their attitudes, and ethics NEEDS to be improved. Too much drama and too little work.

Advice to Management

Wrok with eachother to provide good service as opposed to bad talking everyone that turns their back

"Not what they used to be..."

Former Employee - Maint Tech in Smyrna, TN
    Former Employee - Maint Tech in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Nissan (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Lease program was awesome.

Cons

When I started in the mid 90's it was great. The company cared about the employee's. Sadly, that's no longer true. HR is out sourced and you have no voice, you're a number, period. Long hours and lots of OT have always been the Nissan way but at least they USED to make an effort to genuinly care about the individual. No more.

Advice to Management

The good Ol boy network should be abolished. Your people are what make your company successful, they seem to have forgotten that.

9. "Worked very hard from 7-6pm and every Saturday 7-4pm"

Former Employee - Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Nissan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were really nice and friendly. They had great personalities.

Cons

Worked all day doing my job subbing for others when they were out and did more than was expected with no appreciation.

Advice to Management

Allow those who show great work ethic the opportunity to advance in position and pay.

"It has gone terribly down hill... Quality and caring about employees are no longer the concern."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Nissan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leased vehicles. That's it at this point.

Cons

The best days as a place employees enjoy and are proud to work at are long gone.

Advice to Management

It's all about saving a dime at the expense of quality and the employees. Unqualified people are promoted through the "good ol boy network." I used to love working here about 10-15 years ago. Management cared about employees then and actual knew what they were doing. The new style of management here are arrogant and pompous and unqualified.