Nissan Reviews | Glassdoor

Nissan President & CEO Hiroto Saikawa
Hiroto Saikawa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours and not flexible with occasionally working from home (in 27 reviews)

• Work life balance isn't as important (in 12 reviews)

1. "customer service"

I worked at Nissan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

really cant think of any other than getting paid.

Cons

management, parking, workload, culture, RNC

Advice to Management

start over - get new people to have a go at managing customer services as current management lacks any professionalism - and lacks the dynamics to make things happen there's a lot of talk of changing culture -

I cant say this of all management - but the team leaders are stupid - and concentrate on favorite's and spend there time trying to screw people over and see who can have the brownest nose. its really a joke to witness.

everyone is trying to screw someone over to make themselves look good and there's a horrible snitching culture.

the management find this funny and think its like babysitting rather than being proactive and working with people to push them forward.

no one will give you straight forward answers to questions only answer your questions with more questions.

and you cant speak to other departments without the agreement of your manager and if they don't agree with your question they will not ask it for you.

I can honestly say im glad I left as I felt the culture here has started to make me a very negative person.

"Wow...Lot's of Bullies!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Nissan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much good to say about these people.

Cons

Although there are some good people here, most everyone is a bully. They have little knowledge and understanding of what they're doing, It's a constant demeaning environment intended to control you. Not too many people here are happy and looking for their next job - you will too if you go to work for Nissan.

Advice to Management

resign.

"A éviter"

Pros

company car
    leasing à prix préférentiel
    cantine

Cons

RH inutile - Injuste - Inhumain - Culture japonaise - Favoritisme

4. "It help desk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yokohama, Aomori (Japan)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yokohama, Aomori (Japan)

I worked at Nissan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun place to work with group3

Cons

not hiring at any time

5. "Consumer Credit Analyst"

Former Employee - Consumer Credit Analyst in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Consumer Credit Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Nissan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits at a low cost, good employee leasing program, wonderful associates to work with, sufficient bonus structure

Cons

No work life balance, poor management job of developing employees, good ole boys network, management does not care about employees- so far as trashing employees in earshot of others andx find it funny if can pick up enough paper trail to fire someone, very nitpicky, would go so far as to say one female manager will not promote if her staff does not look like her.

Advice to Management

Will lose good employees if continue to show no empathy and genuine concern for staff.

"Nissan has become a sweat shop"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Smyrna, TN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Nissan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nissan was a very good company to work for 10-15 yrs ago.

Cons

The management is "good old boy" network filled with uneducated adult children. The health care benefits have been reduced to a sad joke. Huge increase in use of "temp" employees.

Advice to Management

Quit promoting your pals and get back to a real "team" concept style of management. If not I see UAW in your future. Time to change the old guard. Nissan has become a sweat shop...after 15yrs I'm glad to say there is life after Nissan.

7. "Nissan Europe: if you are not English and male, forget about pursuing a career here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montigny-le-Bretonneux (France)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montigny-le-Bretonneux (France)

I have been working at Nissan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Car as benefit.
    I'm supposed to write at least 20 words here, but honestly I cannot think of anything else to say.

Cons

Incompetent people at high level that only promote British males and look externally instead of supporting internal talent to advance their careers

HR department incoherent between what they offer employees and what employees actually receive.

Even if you deliver all your KPIs above expectations, if you are not best friend with the top boys' club your career will never go anywhere.

Advice to Management

Your employees' dissatisfaction will sooner than later be reflected in you clients' experience. If you truly want to be the leading Asian brand in Europe start by looking at how you're handling HR and leadership issues.

8. "Slow Development"

I have been working at Nissan full-time

Pros

you have an opportunity get the newest cars through lease options.

Cons

Nissan has a slow promotion process. Your promotion is based more on how long you have been in the company than what you know.

Advice to Management

You are letting talent go to waste by not creating growth opportunity. It will be harder to maintain staff in the future. The youth of today want to grow and develop. Sitting still for 3-5 years will not work for them and should not work for older staff.

9. "Terrible!!!, Human resources management in France"

Pros

Interest in automobile and have always wanted to work for Nissan .
    great automobile company with innovations strategy for the future of automobile.

Cons

My experience in recruitment was terrible. First of all no respect for human value whatsoever .

In 2016, i applied for an intership in Nissan france .
     Someone from the hr contacts me, tells me she likes my Cv and all and they she would pass my Cv to the manager, then she will grow back to me . After a week I reached out to her since I didn't get any feedback, and she ignores my messages for 3 weeks of continuous emailing.

Then, I decided to call the office, then she picks up and tells me that" oh the position has already been filled, and she would send me another available position through the same email I have been using to email her since.

All this while she saw my previous message and didn't bother to reply and tell me then

Besides who calls a candidate, unless you liked her/his profile and have already agreed to interview the person, like most reasonable companies do. You do not call someone and raise their hopes and then ignore them like they have no value.

Advice to Management

Nissan france recruitment just need to check their human resources department.
    In my experience terrible is the word I would use.

"Hell on earth"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Staff in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Pros

Money isn't bad but they make your life hell

Cons

Harassment, bullying by supervisor, under staffed, can't go to the toliet can't take and holidays, can't phone in sick if you do your ordered to come into Nissan and see there medical staff that tell you your fine and send you to work

Advice to Management

Stop harassing staff, team leaders and supervisor are nothing but brown noses they have limited management skills which leaves the place a mess, Nissan are all about profit not quality.