Nitro Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Nitro CEO Sam Chandler
Sam Chandler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great place to work, great people (in 8 reviews)

• I've been super impressed by the great culture that the founders and leadership team have built over the last 9 years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are growing pains and things can change very rapidly, so if you (in 6 reviews)

• However, I think that our Talent Team hires the right people for the right roles and we want everyone that IS here, to want to be here (in 3 reviews)

"Don't go there if you really want to work ."

I worked at Nitro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees
    The benefits , the office
    Good life balance ( at least before 2017 )

Cons

No communication, no transparency
    Do nothing to help the team to succeed
    Managers are sheeps

2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Nitro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Young and fun start up culture
    - Regular company outings
    - Free food
    - Volunteering days
    - Lot's of other perks such as trips, vouchers and awards

Cons

- A lot of uncertainty
    - Disconnect between the US and EMEA offices

Advice to Management

Address the issues employees are complaining about

"Reality doesn't live up to hype."

Former Employee - Engineering in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Engineering in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Nitro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Food and address. Executives seem to care although performance isn't there.

Cons

The product is old and not competitive, growth slow, frequent layoffs, gung-ho company meetings followed by poor results. The core team has been together for years and seems to have trouble with new hires.

Advice to Management

Find better management. Live up to your stated values.

"Do not apply here."

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Nitro (More than a year)

Pros

If you like drinking at work then go for it.

Cons

Bad management people from Australia promoted and never should have been, COO should have never been in this position and only taken as baggage from a merger. All around not a good place to work and turnover is high!

Advice to Management

Simple.....sell!

"Employee First"

I worked at Nitro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company truly believes in looking after their people. They do all they can to make sure their employees are comfortable and well equipped for success. I must say my Manager was the best I had. Full support and alway on my corner.

Cons

Processes change all the time. Some of the decisions take too long and some of the systems need a closer look.

Advice to Management

I think they have can be a little more transparent and trust more in the employees.

"Nitro's a great place to work!!"

I have been working at Nitro full-time

Pros

Great , compassionate, energetic people who work and play hard

Cons

Technical blockers and some lack of product development

"Meager growth outlook"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

1. Plenty of room for process improvement for someone looking for a fixer-upper
    2. Young and fun culture; frequent social events and occassional team building exercises
    3. Decent benefits and perks

Cons

1. Many smart individuals, but a few clueless ones wasting space
    2. No viable strategy to achieve growth targets; rely on new funding to buy time
    3. Good company mantra of "no bs," if they could only practice what they preach
    4. In business over a decade yet no sign of earnings

Advice to Management

Take a risk and invest heavily on product releases. Industry leading products sell themselves.

"Amazing Company - At least I think so..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nitro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive Culture - Everyone at Nitro is ingrained to be supportive and that is from all levels. The COO and CEO will take a meeting with anyone in the company, if they want to talk about their career trajectory or they just need advice they will listen and give feedback. You must be confident enough to ask for this support, and if you are, you will receive it.

Career Growth & Management - Throughout my time at Nitro I have been given more responsibility each month/quarter/year etc. My managers have really taken the time to develop my career, they take a serious interest in what I want to do and new responsibilities I want to take on, and they are extremely supportive. I have hands down never had better managers at any previous job. Even though they are my bosses/teachers they also my biggest supporters.

Hiring - I think that we hire very well for our culture, everyone gets along and everyone is a true Nitro culture fit meaning they are a little bit type A, a little bit crazy about their domain, but they are all A players, and who wants to be on the B or C team?

Fast paced environment - We move fast here, if you're asked to do something, it probably means right now, but I thrive in this type of atmosphere and would consider it a definite pro, I would hate to sit around all day board out of my mind.

Transparency - In my specific position I have a lot of knowledge that is going on in the company at any given time, and I can honestly say that the leadership team is very transparent about everything. They want people to feel that they are in the loop.

Good times and good people – We love to celebrate and we do so really well. I have never been to an event like a Nitro event. Holiday parties, Team Events, Leadership Events, President’s Club, Offsites, everything is planned perfectly and always runs smoothly. And Nitro knows how to celebrate right, we don’t have parties every week like some people might think but when we do they are done very well. And lastly, the people, just good people. I have a lot of respect for everyone I work with and have even become close friends with a few of them.

Cons

Of course there are cons, because what job is perfect?
    You must be willing to be vocal about what you want/need in your job. Otherwise chances are you could get overlooked.
    You need to move super-fast and with urgency, if you prefer a more laid back working environment this might not be the right place for you.
    You should be super committed to your job, and I am not saying it the only thing in your life, but it should be important to you and you should be invested. If you’re looking to come in do the bare minimum and clock out at 5pm you’re at the wrong company.
    There are growing pains and things can change very rapidly, so if you’re not good on constant change I also wouldn’t recommend Nitro to you.

"Best Job Ever"

I have been working at Nitro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Great Product. Tons of room to grow. Nitro is just getting started. I've been here for years, and am just as excited to be working here as the day I started. Management and the C-Level are truly reachable and "there for you", when you need them.

Cons

Some people find the pace a bit overwhelming, but if you want to kick some butt and go up against some big time targets, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you do!

"Nitro knows what's most important"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nitro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dedicated, talented people
    Fun, respectful culture
    Great location
    Awesome perks
    Interesting work

Cons

Difficult market in which to sell product - competitive and tough to penetrate

Advice to Management

Make sure employees understand their paths to professional and career development - this is an important way to keep them happy and engaged!