Nitro Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

1.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nitro CEO Sam Chandler
Sam Chandler

Pros
  • Great place to work, great people (in 8 reviews)

• Dedicated executive and leadership team (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are growing pains and things can change very rapidly, so if you (in 6 reviews)

• However, I think that our Talent Team hires the right people for the right roles and we want everyone that IS here, to want to be here (in 3 reviews)

"GREAT place to work!!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nitro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the interview process, to employee perks, professional growth potential, and everything in between, Nitro is an incredible place to work. The company does a great job preparing it's employees to be successful in their roles. Expectations are clearly set forth and everyone works hard to achieve their designated goals. Nitro also makes it easy for employees to enjoy their experience at work with a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunched, subsidized gym memberships and many other perks.

Cons

There aren't any cons I can reference off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job taking care of its employees and always keeping us apprised of new developments and impending changes. They keep the team looped-in and excited about the future of our organization!

2. "Do not apply here."

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Nitro (More than a year)

Pros

If you like drinking at work then go for it.

Cons

Bad management people from Australia promoted and never should have been, COO should have never been in this position and only taken as baggage from a merger. All around not a good place to work and turnover is high!

Advice to Management

Simple.....sell!

"I would recommend not applying here"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Nitro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, some fun times, a few good people, potential to make some money not not for long.

Cons

High turnover! If you ask and they tell you there have been several VP's, Managers, and long-time employees that have been terminated, resigned, or simply gave up because they could never get the job done due to micro-management. People in charge are outside of their scope of knowledge and should never have been promoted or top down removed. Can't make it as a AE, no worries. If you are Australian you will be promoted to a position you are in no way qualified for. Waste money everywhere and trust me they will crash soon. One trick pony.

Advice to Management

Retire, leave, or actually let the people you hired do their jobs. Stop firing everyone who actually works and does their jobs and stop promoting those who can't. Close the Aussie office again they make no money!

"Do not apply"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good place to drink alcohol for free.

Cons

High turnover from Sr. positions down. Lost several VP's over the last 3 years and very skilled employees who were blamed for management's lack of experience. Just an overall bad place to work, no focus, not going anywhere, and they need an exit strategy ASAP or they will crash.

Advice to Management

Hire skilled people and let them do their jobs. Too many promotions for people who should not be there.

"Stay Away if you have any experience in Software"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

None to really report

Cons

lack of vision and truly understand what it takes to run a well define start-up

Advice to Management

replace entire management staff with people that have built software companies in the past

"All companies need to take a lead from Nitro"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Nitro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nitro is unlike any other. It challenges itself constantly...mediocrity is not an option. As a disruptor and a challenger brand, Nitro aims for the stars and empowers its employees to reach even higher.

The organisation trusts its employees to deliver on its objectives and gives those individuals and groups all the support and tools needed not only to achieve those, but go beyond that.

Sure the perks are great, but what Nitro delivers in terms of job satisfaction is more important than a few nice lunches a week, an endless supply of alcohol and gym subsidies.

I have been around a while and I have always measured the effectiveness of an organisation, to be how people walk into work everyday. At Nitro people walk into work in with a smile and it stays there all day.

Nitronauts are a proud bunch...so they should be, we are building something really special here!

Cons

You have to search far and wide to find negatives around here.

"Nitro Rocks!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager/APAC Sales Coordinator in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Nitro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love our Melbourne team! Nitro has to be one of the best companies I've ever worked at! We are spoilt with perks including fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, Friday beers, out of office lunches and awesome team events like Graffiti Workshops and Mini Cooper Challenges.

Cons

Working across different time zones can be challenging at times.