Nitro Employee Reviews about "hard working"

Updated Sep 1, 2020

Found 10 of over 126 reviews

4.7
Nitro CEO Sam Chandler
Sam Chandler
Pros
  • "Great people, culture and working environment(in 10 reviews)

• "hard working team, achievements are actually recognized(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are growing pains and things can change very rapidly, so if you’re not good on constant change I also wouldn’t recommend Nitro to you(in 6 reviews)

• "Good company mantra of "no bs," if they could only practice what they preach(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "hard working"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company, amazing people!

Sep 1, 2020 - Customer Support Representative in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-hard working team, achievements are actually recognized -positive culture that puts employees first -great product

Cons

- decision making on a senior level is sometimes too complicated and inefficient- it slows everyone else down

2. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Nitro lives and breaths its values

Jul 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Nitro and the leadership team have built a unique culture where the corporate values actually mean something and aren't just hashtags for the website. Everyone is genuine and authentic, people say what they mean while being respectful and hard-work is recognized and appreciated. - You won't be bored here. There's plenty of work for you to make an impact and creativity is encouraged to continue improving how we do things. - It's a very collaborative environment where people are willing and excited to lend a helping hand

Cons

As the company grows with the shifts in the market, change can happen quickly. So you need to be comfortable in an environment where "status quo" does not exist. In my opinion, that's part of the fun!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, love working here, excited for the future!

Nov 19, 2019 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Finally making progress in the Enterprise space (winning some of biggest logos in the world which is pretty cool), even though that shift has not been without its challenges (team changes, figuring out a true value prop that resonates, product dev catching up, etc.) - Amazing team: hard working, smart, fun, friendly, everything you would want in a working environment (IMHO) - Great culture and strong values: despite enduring several bumpy patches, Nitro's culture still shines through, I don't even know how to explain it, there's just something a little bit magical here, but I think it comes down to the people

Cons

- Comms could be improved to ensure the whole company is more consistently aligned - Better cross-functional collaboration would help too

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

High growth potential for company and career

Jul 28, 2015 -  in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nitro has a lot of fun, hard-working people. It's been go-go-go since I started but all in the spirit of lofty (but achievable) goals. There's a lot of mentorship for those who seek it, and no shortage of learning opportunities as well. Results alone are highly valued, and great results (not tenure) lead to promotions. Very much a "Silicon Valley" company with all the perks: free drinks, free lunches, yoga, parties, etc. There's a palpable excitement around Nitro's growth, and I'm personally excited to be here at this stage. There's a unique amount of visibility and access to the executive level; feels more like an open-door policy than other companies I've been at. Extroverted people will see more success here. Grab lunch with your coworkers, get involved with extracurriculars, find your crew, etc.

Cons

Most of the cons are by-products of the pros above. The go-go-go attitude can leave some in the dust, resulting in a bit more churn than I'm used to. Although it seems like these are largely growing pains as Nitro finds a new foothold and expands the company in new ways after its funding. A departure (layoff or otherwise) of a coworker can sometimes come as a surprise. Introverted people here will have a harder time. Help tends to be reserved for those who ask; if you don't ask, you probably won't be helped. Also, in the same way that good results are rewarded swiftly, poor results seem to be met with equal swiftness.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Deep V's respected & accepted

Jun 9, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nitro's an amazing place to work, located close to transport in the financial district, it's super easy to get to. The team is made up of dedicated and hard working people who are a close knit group and work really well together to get sh1t done. There are awesome benefits and the exec team share information freely about exciting growth opportunities for Nitro's future - there are lots! To sum it up - awesome space, people, environment & culture!

Cons

Watch out for the fully stocked fridge (The Nitro 15lbs is no myth - but they don't give you a gym membership for nothing) Seriously, this isn't a 9-5 company which doesn't mean working overtime however it means you need to be passionate about what you do, driven and love challenges.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

More excited about coming to work every single day

Feb 26, 2014 - Co-Founder in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a long time employee of Nitro. Yesterday I was reminded of how far we have come when we presented our annual Sean Stewart Values Award and we had over 130 Nitronauts to consider when voting. I thought it appropriate to share part of what this award means to the team at Nitro. Here is an excerpt from a note our CEO sends to the team each year to announce that voting is open: ============ Sean was a great Nitronaut and a great friend to many of us. He was one of the very first members of the original team. He initially worked in support and product management, and who subsequently went on to establish our direct and channel Enterprise business in Europe. When he passed away in March 2010 in London he was the highest-performing sales executive at Nitro, and the most amazing ambassador for our culture that you could find. Even though he had long established himself as a sales guy, he continued to help out with support, QA, and anything he felt he could contribute to. He was always a pleasure to deal with, probably the nicest person you ever met, super hard working, passionate about Nitro, knew the product inside and out, and had the results on the board to prove how talented he was. He was also the master of well-timed, but completely inappropriate jokes Aside from his contribution at Nitro, Sean was a truly inspiring human being, who was the founder of and bass player for HTRK. As an artist, he was one of the best. HTRK supported the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Horrors on their European tours and had record deals in Berlin and London. Sean was a genuine rockstar – so when we talk about “rockstars” at Nitro, we really mean it… When Sean passed away, we wanted to find a way to remember him properly. The result was the Sean Stewart Values Award. Four years on, it is a really big deal to those of us who knew him, and to his family, with whom we stay in touch. We send photos of the awards ceremony to his mother, father and sister each year. ============ Just like any start-up we've faced hurdles and had to work our way through them. Nitro has grown more rapidly in the last year than any previous year. While it is easy to read about culture and plan to build something unique, it is never that easy. Right now though, I feel like we have just discovered the secret sauce! We are now at a point where we are adding smarter and better people every day, increasing our production capacity and having more and more fun while doing it. Sean will always be a part of who we are.

Cons

The only thing I have been wary of recently is having our cultural mix change with new additions. Somehow though, each new person is adding to the culture.

8 people found this review helpful

Nitro Response

talent ambassador

Thanks so much, appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Loving having you here at Nitro!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to grow my career

Nov 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nitro is a growing tech company that has a very bright future. With the growth of new offices and new positions, we really have the opportunity to drive our roles in the direction that we want to go withing the company. My team is positive and very hard working which keeps me motivated :) I have the autonomy to do what I'm great at and my manager trusts me. I know I will be with Nitro for years to come.

Cons

Right now there a few growing pains with adding new higher level positions that we previously did not have, but these are positions that we need to fill in order to be successful.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hands down the Best company I have worked for

Jun 27, 2020 - Account Executive in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're prepared to put in the hard work the benefits are very rewarding. The management team are extremely supportive as the business goes from strength to strength. There are some very exciting times ahead and with the backing of a strong product & development team. The future is bright... the future is "Nitro"

Cons

As the business grows and changes so do internal processes. As the same for any business going through change, this can be challenging, but I am confident that once these processes have been fully implemented Nitro will go from strength to strength

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

No regrets on joining, my best career experience so far

May 8, 2019 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I met some of my best pals in Dublin at Nitro. In my opinion the company does a great job of recruiting people with a combination of great personality fit for the culture and hard working professional individuals. The culture I would describe as work hard play hard, there was great good natured banter in the office, many team building night's, the ones that stick out in memory mostly involved Pizza, ping pong and beer :) However I worked with some incredibly hard working, talented individuals who really would take the time to help you if they could and also do what it takes to get the job done. I also believe the salary package including commission plan for sales people to be very competitive for the SAAS Dublin market. Leadership were very approachable and made a decent effort to keep employees informed on company strategy etc. Yes there were some challenging times but even these in hindsight aided my personal growth, and these were business challenges, never challenges with the people I worked with. Product is a very strong alternatitive to Adobe Acrobat on the PDF side of things, and with the release of the Nitro Productivity Suite the company have an eSigning component to the offering which is often positioned well against certain competitors due to the unlimited esigning. So great market opportunity for any sales reps joining, especially as the product undergoes further improvement, as esigning adoption is in its relative infancy. Overall a great experience that has only benefited my personal growth, career prospects and my friendships/connections within Dublin.

Cons

A more clearly defined path of progression for Sales reps would have been welcomed. However the company introduced a framework at the 2019 SKO which is a positive step in this direction. There were challenging times mainly in late 2017 which appeared to be partly due to a few changes in leadership and a number of key people leaving. However things definitely steadied and then the company had a very strong 2018.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture with meaningful values (High Performance, Be Good, No Bullsh*t) and a great place to learn!

Nov 24, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nitro is unique in that it's rare to find a company that truly lives up to its core values. It's a really exciting time to be at the company too. We've just closed a round of funding, the product vision is more exciting than ever, and the team here are some of the best, most talented people I've ever worked with. There are also really great growth and career opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work to learn and move up. It also feels like everyone wants to be here, irrespective of their role, which I think speaks volumes.

Cons

Things are changing quickly as we scale and the company has definitely experienced growing pains, but it's all normal stuff and part of growing a business. It's a fast-paced work environment that's not for everyone but I find it very rewarding. Communication across departments could be better, but this has improved lately.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews