Cover image for Nitro
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Nitro Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 13, 2021

Found 9 of over 191 reviews

3.9
Nitro CEO Sam Chandler
Sam Chandler

What people are saying about Nitro

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Nitro? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Nitro employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Lots of decent people and a great and easy to proposition to understand.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Culture is great(in 23 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and well rewarded when doing well.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Some great teams to work with.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Everyone is enthusiastic and dedicated to achieving their goals.(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Ever-evolving

Mar 1, 2022 - Mid-Market Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Rapidly growing company -Leaders genuinely care about personal and professional development of their employees (seem to prefer to promote internally when possible) -Sales leadership is fantastic -Tons of personalized coaching and development -Great work/life balance

Cons

None that I've encountered so far.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good Comany

Jun 3, 2015 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming culture and always have something to do. I loved working here. Made a lot of new friends and learned a lot

Cons

Can be overwhelming at times. Need a more work life balance but overall it was solid environment.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Nitro team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Manager

Nov 16, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place Good Salary Good Management Location Benefits

Cons

Technology Location test Management Projects Salary Work life balance

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with great culture and drive

Dec 8, 2019 - Regional Sales Manager in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great, very customer focused and leading the way with innovation. Employees are looked after and work life balance is really encouraged along with a good dose of fun.

Cons

Nothing I can think of currently, but I will update if I do.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that really cares, and wants each person to thrive!

Apr 14, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nitro is an awesome company, the office is really well designed and a beautiful space with a management team that really cares for everyone who spends their time here! I love coming into work every day, knowing I am surrounded by some of the brightest and best people who are all collaborating on ways to help the company and each other more successful. My work life balance is superb, and I actually want to hang out with the people I see every day! There is so much thought put into the benefits and perks we get, and every big decision that is made from our leadership team is talked about very openly in our monthly Town Hall and Team Meetings. Sam and Gina are born leaders and bring a lot of talent to the company, and also some international culture - we have a lot of accents floating around here! The people are what makes Nitro awesome at the end of the day, and it really doesn't hurt that our product is something that we can all feel very passionate about, Nitro Pro was a huge life and time saver at my last job and the main reason I wanted to work here. You could ask any of my friends & family, they all know how much I love working at Nitro!

Cons

For all the things that make Nitro awesome, there is also the other side where it can be viewed as a bit exclusive or perhaps, single minded. However, I think that our Talent Team hires the right people for the right roles and we want everyone that IS here, to want to be here.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Learn and Experience Growth

Sep 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Growing company with lots of change meaning you learn how to navigate business in real time 2. Superb wellbeing benefits and how they managed the pandemic and supported employees was hugely well thought out 3. Some great recent C-Team placements (CMO / CTO) bringing some great strength and knowledge to the leadership team

Cons

1. Lots of change both internally and externally influenced by changing business priorities and market and political landscape. If you aren't comfortable with change or used to the peaks and troughs of business this might be tough for you. 2. Global expansion means increased time zone coverage and challenges. Some approaches to how we work have been needed to ensure continued work life balance

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Highly recommended

Feb 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I moved to Nitro quite recently and was really impressed with their robust onboarding programme, particularly as we are all remote. The company has a great atmosphere, very honest and open and I can honestly say everyone is friendly, willing to help and enthusiastic about what they're doing. Pros: - Transparent / communicative: for the most part, we are kept in the know of any changes, including recent acquisitions - Great learning resources (LinkedIn learning, utilisation of internal tools to ensure knowledge sharing isn't inhibited by working remotely) - Great benefits, including annual Relax Weeks (1st week of Jan/July off) to recuperate - Manageable workload (you are not constantly overworked or burned out and managers respect your time + work/life balance) - Friendly colleagues and collaboration. Really great utilisation of Slack, even for non-work conversations so you get to meet new colleagues you might not necessarily work with.

Cons

- Still developing a robust product that can compete with Adobe, so there are feature gaps which take some time to be filled. This is improving definitely as the company expands but is worth noting - Training varies department to department so occasionally there are some challenges with knowledge gaps or role expectations, meaning you might clash with colleagues on some areas. Again, this is improving and mainly due to new people starting in roles as we expand so can only get better!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Amazing, supportive culture

Oct 1, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company genuinely cares about the wellbeing of their employees. You never feel like 'just a number'. Awesome benefits and great work life balance.

Cons

Lots of growing pains, can be disorganized as company is growing rapidly

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people to work with

Nov 13, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Good scope for growth

Cons

Nothing really! Working here for more than a year now found nothing con

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews