Nixon Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 4, 2019

4.0
Jason Berstein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people, stable, care about people, family oriented" (in 7 reviews)

• "It is really a great place to work" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long Hours average 10-14 hour days" (in 6 reviews)

• "The starting pay is not enough for the amount of work they lay on you" (in 3 reviews)

"Great work environment"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Beltsville, MD
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Beltsville, MD

I worked at Nixon Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing organization, that offers growing opportunities if you are open for relocation. Wonderful collaborative work environment. And truli guided by it core values.

Cons

Schedules can be a little hard, too many too early days.

Advice to Management

Allow associates to develop by providing the time for projects. When the work load requires 100% of the time all the time, there is no room left for learning and solving problems.

Oct 8, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. You are on point about growth opportunities and collaborative work environment. At Nixon medical, we constantly try to create opportunities for others which is a part of... More

"Average"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job overall is fine. I would go as far as saying the day to day is great because you get to make your own schedule and generally there is no one micro managing you (if you have a decent manager). You are in the field opposed to the office so that's a huge perk in of itself. This is a great job if you need a flexible schedule and hate the office.

Cons

There are quite a few things about the company that will leave you scratching your head. For one, this is an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT/IMPOSSIBLE sale. The closer you are to Delaware the more successful you generally will be. The further your territory is the more difficult it will be (there are exceptions for areas that are brand new, you may hit a land mine if you're extremely lucky).

For most, difficult is an understatement, there are phenomenal reps who struggled to sell more than $1,000 in a year (you are measured in weekly revenue that is sold).

The company seemingly fails to acknowledge that each market has different struggles and generally holds all reps to the same quota ($4,400) which is down right impossible for some areas, due to poor marketing or poor expansion plan into an area that is highly concentrated with hospitals/high volume networks or competitors.

Nixon does not have any factor that sets it apart from it's established competitors. They think they do, but they don't. Especially in areas with strong competitors with loyal customers.

One year I put 50,000 miles on my car, we got a stipend for reimbursement and gas card, but it's not enough to buy a new car in a few years if I were to stay with the company.

Don't let them tell you there are growth opportunities (this isn't true for sales, and not true at all in comparison to other bigger companies). If you're a woman you probably wouldn't consider the RSR position (it's back breaking work) and unless you are near corporate, there are no other opportunities to make a lateral move. Forget about moving up the ladder in sales, that will never happen.

Some huddles and meetings will leave you feeling annoyed and like you could be spending your time doing something else.

This job overall can help get you into another type of medical sales job pharma/med device, but be warned, you may be better off taking an inside sales job within one of those companies.

Advice to Management

You've heard all this honest feedback before, it pays to listen and make adjustments where things need to be adjusted. Otherwise the company will be left behind and flounder in difficult markets

3. "Nixon continues to be a great place to work!"

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time

Pros

Nixon offers a good benefits package to their associates and offers stable work with no lay offs.

Cons

Plant associates must be able to adapt to various temperatures.

4. "Great Culture & Thriving Business!"

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time

Pros

Company empowers you to make change - no red tape or hoops to jump through. Tremendous opportunities for growth in a thriving business. Family friendly and lives up to its core values.

Cons

Be willing to work hard.

Aug 29, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We are committed to making Nixon Medical the employer of choice. We value all feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We are thrilled to read your comments... More

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family Atmosphere! Nice Benefits! Management cares about their employees!

Cons

No cons at all

Advice to Management

Good opportunities for advancement.

Aug 16, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. You are right on point. Being a family owned company; we value and care about our associates . We are happy to hear about your experience.

Thanks again.

"HR no call for phone interview. No apology and solution to having an interview was provided."

Current Employee - Route Service Representative in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Route Service Representative in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not tell you.

Cons

I would not be able to say.

Advice to Management

The attitude here says to me ‘We don’t owe you an apology and you must be flexible around our schedule’. If this is how HR handles interviews with potential candidates, it is a bad sign to how the management at Nixon will be to its employees.

Note: I was never an employee with Nixon.

Aug 14, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We value all feedback and always look for opportunities to improve. Please send me an email at mehtas@nixonmedical.com with details of your experience so we could will... More

"Carts Never Fully Loaded"

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time

Pros

good pay, full benefits dental, vision, eye

Cons

Production from New Castle location needs to make sure we have everything for the day for the New Jersey Location. Our carts are always highlighted saying items are in the cart that are not. the productivity team is notorious for missing items in the carts every week. All the route guys complain about this every week. They continuously make us deliver specials every week.

Advice to Management

Work closely with active staff in the warehouse that our linen carts are loaded 100% to avoid specials.

Jul 3, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We value all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve.

8. "Our Culture is Key"

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nixon Medical is a company focused on its Core Purpose, Core Values and Vision. Since its inception in 1967 the company has steadily grown while maintaining stability for its workforce and creating opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

Nixon Medical places a great deal of emphasis on its culture, which may not necessarily suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Work together to achieve the Core Purpose and Vision, and to live the Core Values.

"Reliable and Growing Company that I trust and enjoy representing each day in the field."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great service provider that continues to grow and offers opportunity in every area of the business.

Cons

Corporate is not always made aware of changes that could be made at the local level to improve employment engagement.

Advice to Management

Offer more paid time off for length of time at Nixon. For example: year 5 should get an incentive in PTO and not have to wait until year 7.

Jun 20, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. As you know our core purpose is to grow and create opportunities that enrich each other's lives; we stand by it everyday. We value all feedback and we'll continue to look... More

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cleburne, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cleburne, TX

I have been working at Nixon Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working for Nixon Medical because I am respected and know that my contributions are appreciated. I have been able to support initiatives that will result in continued growth of the organization. I enjoy working with the local team and my peers across the organization. Everyone is committed to making Nixon Medical a great place to work. The core values are well defined and serve as the foundation for our strong culture.

Cons

There are no downsides at Nixon Medical from my perspective.

Jun 27, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to making Nixon Medical the employer of choice . Respecting each other is one of our core values and we live by our values everyday. We are happy to hear... More