Noah's Bagels Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Noah's Bagels President and CEO Frank G. Paci
Frank G. Paci

Pros
  • Great hours, no late nights and as many or as few as you want (in 4 reviews)

• And the free food didn't hurt either (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough difference in pay from crew members to managers (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, 1-2 dollars lower in every position compared to companies in the same shopping center (in 3 reviews)

"Tough Quality of Life"

Former Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Noah's Bagels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Out early in the day

Cons

"No Late Nights" in their advertising spin means that your late night is actually a very early morning. Get to work at 2AM. Leave for home at 2PM. Enjoy your night!

2. "Don't Bother"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Noah's Bagels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule
    stores close early
    great first job

Cons

I could go on and on about all the bad things about this company.
    DO NOT expect to get paid more than minimum wage, even if you have been there for 2+ years! I was told multiple times that they had plans of giving my a raise (this went on for 6 months before I realized it just was not going to happen)
    I've been through 6 GMs and they have all been terrible. no experience, no training.
    ALWAYS understaffed
    only a free bagel and cream cheese for your employees?
    no time and a half on holidays (except Christmas and new years)
    management all try to run the store their own ways

Advice to Management

have ONE way to do things and have ALL store managers follow it.
    give raises to employees who deserve is! Especially if they have stuck by your company!

3. "Worst job I had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at Noah's Bagels part-time

Pros

met a couple good coworkers...that has nothing to with the company though.
    I cannot think of 1 positive thing.

Cons

the franchise is cheap and cuts corners on budgeting from (trashcans, pull carts & uniforms)
    customers treat the place like fast food and do not show any appreciation or respect
    no tips
    Store was always hot and uncomfortable..cheapskates on A/C
    employees only get 1 bagel free+ smear...everything else employee has to pay for at a 50% cost...cant even get a meal for free as a worker
    Manager does not train or show competence to manage employees

"Years of blood sweat and tears wasted"

Former Employee - General Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Noah's Bagels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I held many titles during my 6 years with this company and being a baker was my favorite. Coming in at 2 am and being alone for a few hours just focusing on making each bagel and pastry look perfect was actually really fun. Hard work but I liked it. And the free food didn't hurt either.

Cons

Mandatory 50 hour work weeks for GMs
    No tips or holiday pay ever for staff. No incentives to offer
    Terrible training
    Nothing but negativity from district managers. No matter how well you're doing it's not good enough.
    Very high turn over rate. Pretty much everyone in corporate jumped ship while I was there
    High injury rate. Sending employees to the ER is common. I'm scarred for life from the oven and almost lost my finger tip

5. "it was very terrible to work there."

Former Employee - Prep Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Prep Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Noah's Bagels part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is no best reason to put as a pro because it was a terrible experience.

Cons

the hours i had was very disturbing.

6. "Don't work here"

I worked at Noah's Bagels full-time

Pros

No late nights - but this also means that your mornings will start at 2 or 3am.

Cons

This review is for people who want to work at Noah's Bagels at these locations: Brokaw & Oakland, Milpitas, Willow Glen, Santa Clara, Los Gatos and any stores surrounding these areas... I advise you to stay away!

The Area Business Manager of that area gossips about employees that he manages. I have heard him conspire ways to get employees fired with his General and Assistant Manager who work at certain store as well. He blatantly shows favor to certain store and will treat other stores - especially their General Managers- like they are idiots.

Advice to Management

Get rid of crooked management. Offer better pay and benefits for employees across the board to reduce turnover rate

7. "Overall work environment"

Pros

I cannot think of one

Cons

Extreme mismanagement at all levels. Horrible health and safety record.
    Great employees's are overlooked, whilst the lazy ones not only are able to get away with whatever they like, seem to be defended and pardoned by management.
    Unfortunately I was unable to give the company a 'NO STARS" overall rating, it does not allow for that, otherwise it would have received a zero rating.

Advice to Management

It seems that the problem stems from the corporate end, great management at the top filters down to local management. They have no interest in becoming a great employer instead their focus lies solely on profit.

"This company does not take care of their people."

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

Pros

Not many late nights.
    Employees are allowed a free and/or discounted meal (at least when I still worked there).
    Nothing else really comes to mind.

Cons

The company provides NO holiday pay, but requires all stores to be open for every day of the year.
    Noah's used to follow practices that took care of their employees and kept employees happy. However, now the focus is to squeeze every dollar out by any means possible. I gave two months notice so that the regional business manager could get someone competent to take my place as GM, however, they had a shift leader (for no increase in pay) take over for months which slowly pushed every crew member out and to find other jobs. Meanwhile, the company had the most profitable year to date before all of this took place and it was well within their budget to properly compensate someone for the long hours of being the GM.

Advice to Management

Provide benefits and holiday pay if you are

"Over worked, under paid"

Pros

Being the baker is awesome. Working alone listening to music and no real need to interact with cuatomers

Cons

While working I was put in charge of being the baker, delivery driver, cashier and work the line. Without warning, people were hired on to take each position and I was fired once they were all hired on after 2 years of being the backbone of that store.

"Don't work here."

Current Employee - Crew Member
    Current Employee - Crew Member

I have been working at Noah's Bagels full-time

Pros

I made some great friends while here, both with customers and some employees. The hours are also nice, if you are okay with waking up early, but you get to go home the latest by 6pm as a closer so that's awesome!

Cons

The company is the most screwed up company I've ever been with. They do not care about their employees at all, hire managers who are liars and who will steal and the company will cover it up to make sure they do not look bad. One of my fellow crew members was stolen money from and nobody did anything to help he/her even though it happened when he/she was on the clock by someone else who had to have been on the clock and working. I left this company because management believed they were superior to all crew despite there being some amazing employees. Extremely disappointed with management and higher management.

Advice to Management

Employees do not get paid enough to deal with the politics of a screwed up management.