Nobel Biocare Reviews | Glassdoor

Nobel Biocare Reviews

Updated Jan 9, 2020

2.3
Nobel Biocare President  Hans Geiselhöringer (no image)
Hans Geiselhöringer
Cons
  1. "Prime Example of Excellent Management"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Yorba Linda, CA

I worked at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Healthy work environment, friendly coworkers, they make sure you are well trained and prepared for the job, you have the opportunity to always have your voice heard, management is easy to talk to, no micromanagement, encourages education, great benefits, extra perks

Cons

Might be difficult to move up in position unless your sole career goal is in management and you're willing to stay with the company for quite some time

Nobel Biocare2019-11-19

"Toxic Work Environment"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very hard to answer here. Products used to be by far the best in the world.

Cons

Very easy to answer here. Everything is done wrong here, from treatment of employees to treatment of customers.

Advice to Management

Look at the rich history of the company and you’ll be stunned and what it’s become.

Nobel Biocare2019-12-17

"Don't believe everything you read"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

401k match at the time and sometimes the crumbs leftover from upper management meals

Cons

Be careful of what you read on here. Some are written by the company only to boost there ratings and make it appear to be a great place to work. Also, its too bad your forced to give a minimum of a one star. Even that is too much credit to give. Upper management is trying to cut the fat on an anorexic population. Please read all the reviews and make your best decision. You will start to see a trend on what is real and what was produced by HR

Advice to Management

Stop trying to cheat the system. Your only making yourself look even worse.

Nobel Biocare2019-11-21
  4. "Great People in Mahwah NJ"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Friendly, down to earth, results driven;

Cons

We can always find opportunities for improvement everywhere we work - I think the greatest opportunity is simply in how we show up each day, understanding what is in our control, responding appropriately and delivering /performing upon our commitments / objectives - taking accountability at all levels as feasible and enjoying the process.

Nobel Biocare2019-10-07
  5. "Behind the Times"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Had good flexibility, and good work life balance.

Cons

Management is in constant turmoil and turnover. Still living in the glory days of its early years.

Advice to Management

Listen and react to the market better

Nobel Biocare2019-09-30
  6. "Technical team opportunity learning new Machines, Technical Skills is Great, New Parts. Kept every day challenging."

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Yorba Linda, CA

I worked at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of Great Knowledge and Room too Grow when taking the opportunity and training for Advanced skills and learning how too avoid the Mistakes.

Cons

Raises to me not fair for work Done hard work and success for it deserves Recognition especially for a Huge business. And the people knowing level of each other Can be very good too avoid causing problems among the team members and focus on the Job not Gossip. Too much Gossip and Rumors.

Advice to Management

Listen too the knowledge of the Machinest and Value The Hardworking Employees with Decent Compensation. Competitive performance between cells is a mistake work together and everyone will be able to work as a team not against each other. Stop the Favoritism, Understand the situation before judgement, and hold any mistake and Operator Accountable for any level of mistake big or small it should not be a forgotten thing. Ask Operator if they Did everything Possible Before Stopping machine's and just to Make Technical Team members work on simple Fixes. A MACHINIST troubleshooting is a great Skill, These minor stops are reasonably issues for low Productivity and More Supervision across all shifts and allow as much Training as possible for any Operator Trying Too Learn Skills to Advance. Move Operators around too Learn about other Parts.

Nobel Biocare2019-09-19

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None that I can think of. Good luck to all those who choose to stay.

Cons

Too many to list. Management is eager to self destruct as fast as possible.

Advice to Management

Quit...the only chance of saving this company

Nobel Biocare2019-10-04

"Danaher - "Danaher'd" destroyed a great organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Our colleagues and customers are always a pleasure to work with. The products are still good, but very hard to get in stock on a normal basis.

Cons

Terrible work environment over the past 3 years and only getting worst daily. The long time employees stick around hoping things will get better, but it is only getting worst. Pay is reduced, budgets are cut, marketing material is cut, education is cut, T&E is pretty much gone. Danaher goons single handily destroyed this organization in 3 years. We went from great to mediocre and customers are feeling the pain now too. Straumann and other main players are circling like hawks, waiting to strike.

Advice to Management

Fire Hans immediately and move Amir to another organization. Hire a person that understands the unique business of "Dental!" Or better yet, Sell off Nobel Biocare to a VC Firm and let us be independent to grow again.

Nobel Biocare2019-08-11

"Used to be good place before getting acquired by Danaher."

Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Nobel Biocare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Some people are nice. -401k and retirement plan is ok, not bad. matching 4% when you put 6%.

Cons

-It has become very political, cost savings, money making machine since acquisition by Danaher. -Nobel biocare does good in sales, but not other companies owned by Danaher, so your bonus gets impacted by all companies, usually you get less. -Local HR is no longer involved unless is for hire and people leaving the company. You are supposed to call an 800 number for HR help, useless. -Medical benefits are "Self Insured" look it up if you don't know what this is. -Co-payment is more expensive too than before, around $190 every two weeks for a family. -New hires gets less money, compare to people hired before acquisition by Danaher. - Not much growth opportunity unless you are accepted in inner circles of friends.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't anyone to work for any Danaher company, including Nobel Biocare. Danaher came to destroy the culture we had in Nobel Biocare. I have talked to many people, in Finance, Sales, IT, Distribution and everyone feels upset on the changes made. Company used to be a great place to work, I used to go work with happiness and energy, but Directors and VPs in Kavo Kerr Group have changed the culture we had in Nobel Biocare. They lied and have hidden agendas. First they promote equal partnership and then Danaher puts their upper management at the top and then flows down the organization to take control and change the culture. Sadly, I am looking for a job in another company because I don't feel motivated anymore and I am no longer happy working in this company.

Nobel Biocare2019-05-14

"Yikes"

I have been working at Nobel Biocare full-time

Pros

If everyone is clueless then you can just sit back and watch

Cons

Management has no clue lollll. 0 clue. This place should be open to tourists for comic relief.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Fake it til you make it :)

Nobel Biocare2019-04-19