Nobel Learning Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Nobel Learning Communities Reviews

Found 104 reviews

2.6
George H. Bernstein
Pros
  • "I love working with the children and families(in 3 reviews)

• "Friendly staff, lots of specials for the kids (art, music, Spanish, etc), pool for swimming Aug-Oct(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management can have disconnect with field management(in 7 reviews)

• "Assistant Principal treats you like a dog, she speaks rudely to us teachers and parents, high turnover rate because she is rude to all of us(in 6 reviews)

1. Your job is what you make it.

• Overall

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Creativity is promoted here. Having fun in your classroom is essential to learning and teachers have the freedom to bring wonderful, thoughtful lessons to life.

Cons

There are no cons if you decide to look at your job as a way to enjoy your day along with doing creative, hands-on learning projects with the students.

Advice to Management

Keep the creative juices flowing to promote excitement for learning. Build the positive learning culture for the teaching staff and give your best teachers a say in the school program.

2. Assistant principal

Current Employee - Assistant Principal

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The curriculum is clear, easy to teach and manage. The use of Tadpoles makes it easier to communicate with teachers and families.

Cons

Hourly wages for admin, instead of being salaried is a challenge and the time off is appalling. You work all the time, very little time off and you have to work 3 years before earning 2 weeks vacation, even as a manager.

Advice to Management

Include more paid holidays. Working the Friday after Thanksgiving is not necessary. Increase vacation for teachers and admin. Decrease cost of Health insurance.

Don't apply here

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher

Pros

Relationships you build with families, fun curriculum.

Cons

Terrible HR people, not helpful. They yanked our good benefits with no official notice. They do not pay what they say they do. Most teachers make $1 over minimum wage. Understaffed constantly. They ask so much but don't pay enough. They say there will be consequences for employees who don't do their job but nothing happens. Will be leaving since there are other companies that pay a lot better.

Advice to Management

Give adequate raises. We know you can afford it. Give incentives for good employees. Have consequences for employees who don't do their job.

4. Preschool teacher

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

Good hours. Off by 6 Monday - Friday. Paid holidays after your first 90 days. Get to work with kids and great coworkers

Cons

Little pay, old equipment. My school has no teachers lounge or fridge to keep lunches, not enough teachers in the evening with still too many kids

• Cook and assistance teacher

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

Learns fast, prompt and on time, follows the rules, go above and beyond what’s asked of me, able to give suggestions.

Cons

Hard on your back, not enough pay for what is asked of employee.

Advice to Management

Be fair to all employees, be more approachable, and give Incentives.

• Too focused on curriculum, not enough on play

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

Cons

Not enough support for teachers, no performance reviews, hyperfocused on curriculum.

• Love Where You Work

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities full-time

Pros

Run by people who have actual experience and education in the education field. Intelligently run business with strong policies and procedures in place. Frequent communication. My favorite staff I have ever been part of. We are family here!

Cons

Honestly, I believe this is the best place to work if you are looking for a preschool environment.

• B & A Camp Counselor

I have been working at Nobel Learning Communities

Pros

Awesome, Clean Atmosphere, Positive vibes, Friendly staff

Cons

Favoritism, Non-Reliable, Non-trustworthy, Dishonest at times

Teacher

Former Employee - Teacher in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Nobel Learning Communities full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, schedule, health insurance, 410k for retirement

Cons

Minimum support for teacher, more demand toward teachers to work, less interest in protecting staff health went kids got respiratory infection

Advice to Management

The company should be more interested in conserving employees, and to encourage parents to take their kids to the doctor

Decent Company

Current Employee - Assistant Principal

Pros

Overall, this isn't a bad company to work for. The benefits are outstanding, although, they have gone up a significant amount this year, making them almost unaffordable. The families are great, and so is my staff. My school runs like a well oiled machine, and I'm very proud of what we have in place.

Cons

No room for advancement without a degree. Curriculum is extremely confusing. Executive directors are extremely demanding, and always needing something RIGHT NOW, even if you're not at work (sometimes when you're on vacation!)

Advice to Management

Allow staff to be promoted without degrees, if they have all the licensing credentials needed. You will loose great employees by leaving them at a dead end in their position.

Found 104 reviews