KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Noble Energy

Is this your company?

Noble Energy

Add a Review

Noble Energy Employee Reviews about "noble"

Updated Jun 19, 2021

Found 30 of over 443 reviews

3.6
Noble Energy President & COO David L. Stover
David L. Stover

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Noble Energy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "noble"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Manager

Dec 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of collaboration. Some really great people work at Noble but I’ve never been a part of such a poorly led company. Too much untapped talent and the chosen few represent the masses.

Cons

Lots of collaboration. Too many meetings and too much deliberating. We don’t always promote at the right time. Too many leaders with not enough or the right kind of experience to be there.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Company is a mess

Jun 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gain great experience with the DJ Basin asset and the unique political environment of Colorado.

Cons

Lack of clear direction from upper management. Overwork and underpay employees. Many of the talented and well respected employees are leaving Noble for better opportunities, even during the downturn. Many of my co-workers are very unhappy with their careers at Noble.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Great team environment!

Apr 22, 2019 - Supply Chain
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was able to get experience working with various levels of management and different departments within Noble

Cons

The organization is somewhat flat, opportunities to move up are limited but not impossible.

4. 2.0
    Current Contractor, more than 8 years

Unhealthy company with a ways to go to regain it's former glory

Oct 25, 2019 - Geologist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with some fantastic people and that's the primary reason why I have stayed as long as I have. Compensation is reasonable.

Cons

The morale in the Houston office is horrible and there is no trust between managers and between management and staff. Management decision-making has been highly questionable and that's when they actually manage to come to a solid decision, which is not often. There doesn't seem to be any common vision or strategy visible at the worker level. The corporate culture that Noble used to have is gone and they haven't been able to build a new culture and identity. Noble used to be a great place to work (Houston) but they have lost their way over the last few years.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Family Enviornment

Jun 25, 2018 - Senior Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I was at Noble it was a very friendly family like atmosphere. A lot of that was due to them hiring people from all types of backgrounds. The pay was a little above market and the benefits were top notch. Work was challenging but not overly pressurizing. Room for advancement was definitely available if you were a solid performer. The did do some layoffs shortly after I left due to the downturn but in my opinion they got rid of a lot of dead weight that wasn't worth much.

Cons

Because they hire from all types of backgrounds they tend to not have the best of the brightest employees so what you get is a few very high level high potential employees and a lot of people from non-oil and gas backgrounds that are a constant pull on the organization but maybe that adds to family environment because it reduces pressure on the high performers.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Landman

Jan 25, 2016 - Landman in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friday afternoons off! Other than that I can not really think of any. The pay is decent but below industry norms. Some good benefits... but nothing special.

Cons

There are so many it can't be captured on here. Mostly Noble is a 'clickish' company. If you are not part of the 'in' crowd you won't be respected. Noble would layoff a competent person over someone who has NO CLUE of what they are doing. Noble Energy is a play to work when you can't find anything else.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee

No loyalty to employees management places their own personal gains and welfare ahead of the employees and the company.

Feb 22, 2012 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Noble has some good people working for them. The pay and benefits are average for the industry but much better than other segments.

Cons

Long hours, disproportionate work loads, unfair compensation policies, a totally management biased HR department, and a bonus system that was once unbiased has been compromised into a totally subjective joke.

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

More hours doesn't equal more Production

Apr 24, 2013 - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. The five year plan is exciting. Noble is growing very quickly and there are many opportunities for individuals who don't mind working hard. Noble strives for high ethical standards and in that way I am proud to be an employee. Flex work schedule ( If you can actually get out on time on Fridays) and Great Vacation package ( if you can take it).

Cons

Too many Managers and not enough individual contributors. I see this problem in more departments than just my own, which in my opinion equals constantly re-working proceedures based on what Manger 1 2 or 3 thinks is the right thing at the moment. This also leads to the individual employees overloaded with more work than they can handle. A 60 -70 hour work week is the norm here. With our strive to be "Best in Class" it doesn't feel like they realize that someones "Best" comes when they are well rested and eager to take on the day. Hard to be eager when you worked till midnight the night before just to keep your head above water.

9 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Intern

Good Internship Experience

Oct 17, 2016 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great summer internship experience at Noble. Ultimately I believe that I was not hired due to the decline in oil/gas prices, but I learned a lot and there are some great people that I worked with that were very friendly and helpful. Modern facilities and good pay. I learned a great amount and got to go on a cool trip to a drilling rig in person. Many social events.

Cons

I think that the company is definitely catered to favoring people more in certain departments. The department that I was in seemed to not be as popular or have the financial resources some of the others did.

10. 1.0

facts

Mar 15, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The executives at Noble are great at taking care of their own bank accounts....not so much for the company or any of the employees.

Cons

Fact 1: At the end of 2015, shares of NBL sunk to $25 from previous highs of $75 in 2014. Fact 2: In 2015 Noble had 2 massive layoffs Fact 3: Dave Stover gave himself a raise of $2 million dollars from $5.3MM to $7.2MM Congrats Dave!

12 people found this review helpful