Noble Network of Charter Schools Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Michael Milkie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Noble actively supports students and staff through a balance of autonomy and management (in 8 reviews)

• You will grow as a teacher from the professional development offered at the school and network levels (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's great to be trusted with more responsibility but also requires more time which can be challenging in work/life balance (in 37 reviews)

• But, the long hours should feel worth it (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Teacher- High Support and Development"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time

Pros

At Noble, I immediately felt like I was part of the team, embraced with open arms. I felt cared about in my capacity as a teacher of our students for the good of their success, but also as a human myself, on a personal level, and I cannot stress enough how much that has meant to me and how it has positively effected my work experience. Noble also has unbelievable support systems, and each student's experience is carefully considered by a team of people who specialize in each aspect of school life. Noble hires incredible people, then has amazing opportunities for those people to grow in their role, as well as to branch out into other roles in the school and network as well.

Cons

Everyone at Noble is extraordinarily committed to our kids, our school, and our network. Along with this comes a commitment to personal growth and to putting in the time it takes to best serve our students.

2. "Great working enviornment"

Current Employee - Disciplinarian in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Disciplinarian in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is very friendly and welcoming, and the scholars are amazing to work with.

Cons

It is a lot of work to properly educate our youth, but it is so worth it!

3. "Best place I've taught so far!"

Current Employee - Classroom Teacher
    Current Employee - Classroom Teacher

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Noble is a place where you can be a part of a network that is making major, tangible differences in the lives of Chicago student, their families, and the landscape of Chicago education in general.

Cons

The school culture is strict. And, though this discipline is necessary for the successful functioning of the school to a degree, it can feel stifling to the students who are seeking a more "real" high school experience with more creative outlets and opportunities to express their individuality.

4. "Instructor"

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time

Pros

My campus (UICCP) is driven by core values, results, and most importantly, our students. I feel that there is a lot of autonomy to reach results for my students as long as I am reflective about the results I'm seeing.

Cons

I wish there were more flexibility within the Noble structure to redefine "culture" beyond rules and expectations. At times, I feel that the student experience is missing the "warmth" and sense of belonging that can be so important in high school.

5. "Science Teacher"

Pros

Great co-workers that are passionate about the job.

Cons

High stress and long hours

Advice to Management

Make sure your CEO is held accountable for allowing sexual harrassment.

6. "Amazing place to work!"

Pros

The team is the best group of people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Always more work that there is time!

Advice to Management

Keep on being an excellent place to work.

7. "High Expectations & High Support"

Current Employee - Learning Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Learning Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a teacher, I love working here because we have a consistent behavior management system, generous budgets for classroom supplies, and fun, hardworking staff.

Cons

Being a teacher at Noble does require a significant time commitment.

Advice to Management

Continue your great work elevating voices of students & staff of color.

Mar 13, 2018 – Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thanks for your commitment to Noble for 5+ years and for taking the time to add your review to Glassdoor!

8. "Highly Recommend Noble Network of Charter Schools"

Current Employee - High School Math Teacher
    Current Employee - High School Math Teacher

Pros

- Work with highly motivated, passionate, and intelligent staff
    - School is properly staffed with culture team members, social workers, co-teachers, etc. which allows you as a teacher to focus as much of your attention and energy on your job - teaching!
    - Competitive pay
    - I feel respected as a person not just as an employee
    - Administration gives teachers autonomy in their classrooms
    - Open Door Policy: Administration welcomes thoughts, ideas, and changes.
    - Network is constantly reflecting on its practices, so it something is not working or not the best use of time, they are open to trying new things.
    - Network is working towards trying to find ways to make the job more sustainable and ways to acknowledge exceptional teaching. This is enticing if you are someone who wants to stay in the classroom.

Cons

- I believe it is just the nature of the work, but the job can be physically and emotionally exhausting.

Mar 13, 2018 – Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thanks for leaving a thoughtful and detailed review. We appreciate you!

9. "Assistant Principal"

Current Employee - Assistant Principal in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Principal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Noble's mission is one that I think will change the landscape of our city. I feel valued as an employee and have made wonderful connections over my last ten years of work. I feel lucky to work for an organization that values growth so that we can serve more students and values the voice of employees so that we can keep excellent educators working for Noble.

Cons

Good work is recognized at Noble with more work. It's great to be trusted with more responsibility but also requires more time which can be challenging in work/life balance.

10. "DRW College Prep"

Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Chicago, IL

Pros

Our students are hardworking, kind, resilient, and its an honor to serve the North Lawndale community. Our students and community are the best part of working at DRW. Students, parents, staff, and the community are all working towards bringing more opportunities into the neighborhood and providing our student opportunities. DRW's staff is very positive and behind our school's mission; we care deeply about delivering a quality education for all of our students. DRW also has a lot of accountability because it expects both students and staff to achieve great things.

Cons

DRW requires long hours. Like many schools, we are required to submit planning materials, track data, analyze data, and meet about data. We are very SAT driven but do not have a lot of materials to pull from.

Advice to Management

n/a

Mar 19, 2018 – Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thank you for leaving a campus-specific comment. We have many general Noble reviews, but this DRW review is very helpful for candidates who are considering what life on your specific campus will look... More