Noble Network of Charter Schools Reviews

Updated May 11, 2020

4.5
Noble Network of Charter Schools CEO and Superintendent Constance Jones (no image)
Constance Jones
  1. Featured Review

"Best place to work and best place to learn"

Current Employee - High School Chemistry Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Advocation, Family, Love , Growth Mindset, Data Driven, Supportive Noble Network as a whole is a powerful agent for change in our city around academic excellence, college-mindedness, and diversity and inclusion. My campus, Noble Street College Prep, the first founded campus in the network, nt only reflects these goals but takes it a step further to connect High Expectations with Love for students, families, and the community we serve. There are high expectations for both staff and students and we are able to accomplish these standards through constant and consistent access to support on all levels logistical and technical. Another belief is that we believe that great relationships sets the foundations for such lofty goals as college readiness. We are a school who beleives in personal and professional growth mindset through reflection as equally as it beleives in Data Growth. These and many other reasons make this school the best place to work and to attend school!

Cons

Our school continues to work on making changes in our bell system and length of day to accomodate work life balance. This is something that is being addressed through a task force (so not a con but a goal)

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-02-23

March 25, 2020Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to review Noble on Glassdoor. Good luck figuring out the right bell schedule to accomodate your students, families, and staff!

2. "I am more than just an employee"

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not only is Noble a network of excellent schools, but staff members genuinely care of each other and their students. Noble is a highly personable, caring environment for both staff and students.

Cons

The expectations for both students and staff are incredibly high. This leads to excellence, and can also lead to teacher burnout of systems are not in place by individual teachers to ensure life balance.

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-05-11
  3. "Great Place to Grow as an Educator"

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Teaching staff truly cares about the students, their curriculum, and supporting each other - Administration is supportive and focused on providing essential feedback to help teachers grow - also help teachers use data to drive instruction - New focus on Professional Development that includes topics of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Great pay with an equitable scale and opportunities to make more money in other avenues through the schools and the network - Clear expectations for all and follow-through (accountability)

Cons

- Generally longer school days than CPS (end later) - Longer school year than CPS (with more breaks in the middle of the year) - Feedback and focus on data may be overwhelming for new teachers or for teachers who don't desire to be pushed/grow

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-04-29
  4. "Noble Network Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Compensation, reflective and ethical company, work with hard-working, intelligent colleagues, very supportive administration that prioritizes teacher development.

Cons

There are a lot of rules and ways of doing things that does take a little bit of time to get used to.

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-04-21
  5. "Great Place to Work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Educator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Noble does a great job supporting and embracing new employees (no matter your experience level). They also have great pay, incentives, and employee benefits. Retention is very important for this district which makes them smart and they really know how to treat people. As a previous employee and supporter of union schools, Noble is the most impressive district I have ever worked for and I have over 16 years of educational experience. This is not only a great charter but a great district .

Cons

The only con would be the familiarity I have with textbook adoptions and series. They don't do that here but this also gives teachers more autonomy which can be difficult for new teachers or teachers teaching different content. However, there is a great deal of support in this area for those in need.

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-04-17

April 20, 2020Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review; we are glad to have your experience in our schools.

6. "New leadership, holistic lens, and community engagement provide system growth in years to come."

4.0
    Current Employee - School Social Worker in Chicago, IL

Pros

Network of skilled individuals that provide optimal support and growth mindsets to create a vision for our students.

Cons

As the education field grows, talent can be a challenge to keep from year to year.

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-04-17
  7. "Love AND High Expectations"

Current Employee - Biology Teacher in Chicago, IL

Pros

Noble is full of people who are constantly working towards a shared mission: supporting and loving students. We strive to both love our kids and hold them to high expectations - the "and" is the important part. Too often schools operate as if those two things are mutually exclusive, when in reality they are not. Noble supports teachers in finding the "and" and doing the work they love at the highest level

Cons

Because of the high level of commitment, the job can be stressful and the hours can be long (but it's worth it)

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-04-01

April 9, 2020Manager of Talent Recruitment

The "and" matters! Thanks for your hard work with our kids and for taking the time to leave a review.

8. "Become a better teacher at Noble"

Current Employee - Math Teacher in Chicago, IL

Pros

Working at Noble has been the best school organization I’ve ever worked for and I’ve worked for 3 other schools in the past. The other schools weren’t nearly as consistent and organized as Noble and that’s because Noble has strong core values and hires the right staff for each of its 18 unique campuses. Our campuses all contribute to Noble’s success of having 98% of students accepted to college every year.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to balance your time, but teachers everywhere have that issue.

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-04-02

April 9, 2020Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and more importantly for committing to our kids during this trying time! We appreciate you and hope you have a restful spring break.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Alumni Coordinator

Pros

Learned so much in my many years in the role. Was given opportunities to develop professionally. Trusted with the autonomy to do what is best for alumni.

Cons

Alumni Counselors are 52 week employees on the same salary scale as teachers (46.6 week employees.)

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-04-01
  10. "Best place to work"

5.0

Pros

This is the smartest, most talented, dedicated group of people I have ever worked with, we mean when we say "mission-driven". In this moment of crisis in our world, Noble has committed to continue paying all staff, full time, part time, temporary, interns and third-party (Safe passage). How an organization treats its employees in times of crisis speaks volumes.

Cons

None I can think of right now.

Noble Network of Charter Schools2020-03-26