Cover image for Noble Network of Charter Schools

60% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 452 of over 458 reviews

3.5
Noble Network of Charter Schools CEO and Superintendent Constance Jones (no image)
Constance Jones

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Teachers

201.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Noble Network of Charter Schools~269249
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Doing the hard work, making progress, still seeing results

Oct 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Noble is actually doing the hard work needed to build equity and inclusion into their network and schools. The leadership does the right thing for the right reasons, and hold themselves accountable. The schools are still outperforming comparable schools in college graduates. They take care of employees. I've been really happy working here.

Cons

More communication with staff and please create more opportunities for staff to collaborate across campuses.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Supportive leadership, strong community

Nov 30, 2022 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm sure it differs based on your school, but I had a really positive experience at Noble.

Cons

I think Noble is always working to improve the work life balance of teachers, but this is still imperfect

3. Join the Noble Network of Charter Schools team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Dec 4, 2022 - Substitute in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most staff buy-in to the culture of Noble, which is caring of its students and staff. I've felt supported in the work here.

Cons

Not really a "Con", but a challenge for myself is Nobles expectation of striving for better work. It's inspiring, but something I had to get used to, for the better!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a welcoming environment

Aug 30, 2022 - Dean of Operations in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salaries; If you have a family member that works there you too can get hired!

Cons

Very inconsistent with practices; too many instances of catering to certain staff because they are related to or know someone or are a "founding staff member" Lots of nepotism: entirely too many cousins, friends, spouses etc work with each other; lines are crossed too often and bad/unprofessional workplace behaviors are often dismissed for some but not for others Each Campus is instructed to "act on their own" with no direction for compliance, but then receive full campus warnings or severe negative write-ups when errors occur or misalignment with Network Office.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Says they are antiracist but very little action

Oct 28, 2022 - Dean of Students
    Business Outlook

Pros

They verbally commit to being antiracist.

Cons

They have yet to reorganize how they spend money to align with their antiracist commitment. Noble could choose to spend money on hiring more social workers, additional teachers, and far more support for students, but they seem to spend it on facilities (most campuses are new and very beautiful) and paying many high-salary people at the Network level who work in an office downtown where the rent must be incredibly high. They have also just recreated the demerit system and detention system with what they call "R3s". It is supposed to be a restorative intervention, but they haven't designated enough money for staff to make that an actual reality, so it just becomes a punitive detention.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Not what it used to be

Oct 27, 2022 - Math Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

More attentive to students cultural and racial backgrounds

Cons

Just any old public school

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Smoke and Mirrors - no rigor

Oct 29, 2022 - High School Science Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leaving it more excitedly than when I joined it.

Cons

My building was not investing in the heavy lifting required to improve improve academic skills. Instead of teaching concepts, they gamed the system by creating ACT test questions about the concept and that’s how we taught. That isn’t teaching; it’s bastardization of education. The kids were learning how to recognize right and wrong answers on the ACT, but not learning reading skills or content, which is why so many fail out of college. Chicago Public Schools should be taken over by the USDOE, with 100% of the staff and administration fired with no option of rehire or collect pensions.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

I’ve Leanne’s out working here

Nov 8, 2022 - Learning Specialist in Doylestown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Bonuses - Hard working staff for the most part - Staff generally gets along well

Cons

- Over worked and under paid - too much overturn - Leadership makes abrupt changes

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Outstanding Place to Work

Oct 13, 2022 - Executive Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vale’s driven and student centered

Cons

This type of work is challenging but that is the case across the board in education.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Opt for CPS

Nov 3, 2022 - Learning Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They hire 1st year teachers and people with no teaching experience

Cons

-Doesn't honor pay increase for master's degree -intense workload -still trying to figure out what it wants to be network wide

Viewing 1 - 10 of 452 Reviews
</>Embed

Noble Network of Charter Schools Reviews FAQs

Noble Network of Charter Schools has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 458 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Noble Network of Charter Schools to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Noble Network of Charter Schools employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Noble Network of Charter Schools. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

60% of Noble Network of Charter Schools employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Noble Network of Charter Schools 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Noble Network of Charter Schools to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, workplace, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Noble Network of Charter Schools Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Noble Network of Charter Schools? Share Your Experiences

Noble Network of Charter Schools logo

Noble Network of Charter Schools Careers

Cover image for Noble Network of Charter Schools

Join Noble Today to provide students with a high-quality education that will prepare them for success in high school, college, and...More

• Diversity
  • Our History
  • Our Approach
  • Licensure Programs

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

42 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
“Changing the Course: Building An Antiracist Education” is back for season two to continue following our journey in building antiracist classrooms! In this first episode, we talk with Jennifer Reid Davis and D. Nigel Green leaders of Noble’s Equity team. They recap our equity and anti-racism work up to now and talk about the things that have and have not worked at our schools and how we’re adjusting. Most of all, they hit one point over and over again: We can’t stop now. We have to keep doing the work. Watch the full episode here: https://bit.ly/NoblePodcastSeason2EP1
Shared image - We Can't Stop Now - Season Two of Noble Schools' Video Podcast Launches
We Can't Stop Now - Season Two of Noble Schools' Video Podcast Launches
bit.ly

57 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
For years, U.S. schools have been sending a message to our Black boys that they don’t belong and they don’t matter. Noble Schools has not always been the exception. Noble Schools has been actively trying to change the inequities in our students’ experiences for the past few years. We have changed the way we do discipline at our schools. We have invested more in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work, and changed our academic and promotion policies. Our goal is that, in the next few years, we will see the results of this work for our Black boys. We hope to watch their academic success grow. We hope to see the exclusionary discipline gap between our Black boys and other students shrink.
Shared image - What We Owe to Our Black Boys
What We Owe to Our Black Boys
nobleschools.org

Noble Network of Charter Schools Photos

+ Add Photo
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Students celebrate at Speer Academy
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Be Noble.
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Noble &amp; Mission &amp; Values &amp; College &amp; Chicago
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Noble kicks off the 2019-20 school year with Constance Jones, CEO
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Ms. Martin was named a Distinguished Teacher in our first-ever cohort
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Soy Noble
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Noble names first Distingiushed Teacher at Hansbery College Prep

Expert Career Advice

Chicago Public Schools Logo
Chicago Public Schools

1,979 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 458 Noble Network of Charter Schools reviews submitted anonymously by Noble Network of Charter Schools employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Noble Network of Charter Schools is right for you.