- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - Chicago Ridge, IL
- - Wisconsin
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Ohio
- - Columbus, OH Area
- - Columbus, OH
- Philippines - All Cities
- - Mindoro Oriental
Found 452 of over 458 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Supportive staff culture" (in 18 reviews)
- "Seeing so many great people engaged in this work gives me hope for education in Chicago." (in 16 reviews)
- "Great mission, driven coworkers, worthwhile challenges" (in 14 reviews)
- "Great student culture is great" (in 13 reviews)
- "Benefits are good." (in 11 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Featured ReviewOct 31, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Noble is actually doing the hard work needed to build equity and inclusion into their network and schools. The leadership does the right thing for the right reasons, and hold themselves accountable. The schools are still outperforming comparable schools in college graduates. They take care of employees. I've been really happy working here.
More communication with staff and please create more opportunities for staff to collaborate across campuses.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 30, 2022 - TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I'm sure it differs based on your school, but I had a really positive experience at Noble.
I think Noble is always working to improve the work life balance of teachers, but this is still imperfect
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 4, 2022 - Substitute in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Most staff buy-in to the culture of Noble, which is caring of its students and staff. I've felt supported in the work here.
Not really a "Con", but a challenge for myself is Nobles expectation of striving for better work. It's inspiring, but something I had to get used to, for the better!
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 30, 2022 - Dean of Operations in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good Salaries; If you have a family member that works there you too can get hired!
Very inconsistent with practices; too many instances of catering to certain staff because they are related to or know someone or are a "founding staff member" Lots of nepotism: entirely too many cousins, friends, spouses etc work with each other; lines are crossed too often and bad/unprofessional workplace behaviors are often dismissed for some but not for others Each Campus is instructed to "act on their own" with no direction for compliance, but then receive full campus warnings or severe negative write-ups when errors occur or misalignment with Network Office.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Oct 28, 2022 - Dean of StudentsRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They verbally commit to being antiracist.
They have yet to reorganize how they spend money to align with their antiracist commitment. Noble could choose to spend money on hiring more social workers, additional teachers, and far more support for students, but they seem to spend it on facilities (most campuses are new and very beautiful) and paying many high-salary people at the Network level who work in an office downtown where the rent must be incredibly high. They have also just recreated the demerit system and detention system with what they call "R3s". It is supposed to be a restorative intervention, but they haven't designated enough money for staff to make that an actual reality, so it just becomes a punitive detention.
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 27, 2022 - Math Teacher in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
More attentive to students cultural and racial backgrounds
Just any old public schoolContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 29, 2022 - High School Science TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Leaving it more excitedly than when I joined it.
My building was not investing in the heavy lifting required to improve improve academic skills. Instead of teaching concepts, they gamed the system by creating ACT test questions about the concept and that’s how we taught. That isn’t teaching; it’s bastardization of education. The kids were learning how to recognize right and wrong answers on the ACT, but not learning reading skills or content, which is why so many fail out of college. Chicago Public Schools should be taken over by the USDOE, with 100% of the staff and administration fired with no option of rehire or collect pensions.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 8, 2022 - Learning Specialist in Doylestown, PARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Bonuses - Hard working staff for the most part - Staff generally gets along well
- Over worked and under paid - too much overturn - Leadership makes abrupt changes
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Oct 13, 2022 - Executive Team LeaderRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Vale’s driven and student centered
This type of work is challenging but that is the case across the board in education.
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 3, 2022 - Learning Specialist in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They hire 1st year teachers and people with no teaching experience
-Doesn't honor pay increase for master's degree -intense workload -still trying to figure out what it wants to be network wide
Noble Network of Charter Schools Reviews FAQs
Noble Network of Charter Schools has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 458 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Noble Network of Charter Schools to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
60% of Noble Network of Charter Schools employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Noble Network of Charter Schools 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.