KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Noble Network of Charter Schools Employee Reviews about "noble"

Updated Jul 7, 2021

Found 59 of over 429 reviews

3.5
Noble Network of Charter Schools CEO and Superintendent Constance Jones (no image)
Constance Jones

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "noble"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

High School Biology Teacher

Oct 19, 2020 - High School Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic Network with lots of aids for new teachers

Cons

Teaching is incredibly difficult work. Noble is great!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Focus on Anti-racism

Jul 7, 2021 - English Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Noble is really working hard to become an anti-racist organization.

Cons

Noble has historically had some problematic policies.

3. 3.0

Much Improved but Still a Ways to Go

Jan 11, 2020 - Community Health Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

For me at least, work life balance is pretty manageable, especially as a teacher. I also have been able to build strong rapport and relationships with staff at my school.

Cons

While I have a fairly decent work-life balance, that's definitely not the case for everyone. I think we are in a place where we could be at the forefront of making a change to teacher work culture - that our mental, physical and emotional well-being is just as important as our students. I feel that many of those that have been around for a while have this "well we did it that way so you do it too" which is not the case. Many of us put in 40+ hours into our work we don't need the added pressure of not being able to care for ourselves. Additionally, learn how to train staff. My biggest gripe is those in leadership roles are so far removed from the classroom that they make decisions that adversely affect teachers and staff because they failed to get our input. Also, for the number of Black and LatinX students that we serve, the staff/teachers are not always reflective of that - and the students see it. It is especially stark we intersect power, privilege and whiteness and what that means disciplining and building a rapport with these students. Noble should do more work to change this within their school system.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and honest review of Noble. As you may know, Noble just hired our first Chief Equity Officer, so we agree with you that DEI needs to be more purposeful part of our hiring, retention ,and training processes at Noble -- and it will continue to be. It's essential to the students, families ,and communities we serve. I'm also proud to share that for the last 2 school years, 50% of our teachers have identified as a person of color, and this year, 62% of all Noble staff identify as a person of color. This means that, as a network, our students are engaging with and learning from more role models who look like them. With that said, there's always room for growth. I'd love to continue this conversation if you're interested at careers@nobleschools.org.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Largely depends on the school and administration

Feb 6, 2020 - Dean in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

My specific atmosphere had a strong administration team, so teachers felt really supported. During my last year, we had really strong teacher retention, so we could build upon previous year's learnings.

Cons

Like any urban charter, teachers work a lot. The focus of admin is often on culture rather than learning though the two go hand-in-hand. Teacher shortages are draining, and when a teacher is out, the whole school often feels the shake. Noble has made significant strides since I left, but a lot of the discipline policies were not inclusive of the student population the network serves.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A mixed experience

Nov 27, 2020 - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kids! You will learn how to be a good teacher. Good salary for first year teacher

Cons

The punitive model of the Noble system was really hard for me

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

High functioning team with tangible results

Mar 16, 2020 - Dean of Instruction in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, highly functional workplace that values both students and staff.

Cons

Urban education can be challenging, but Noble is up to the task!

Manager of Talent Recruitment

Thank you for your many years of service to Noble's students!

7. 5.0

Growth is Key

Feb 26, 2020 - High School Science Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support in professional growth and student support, accountability, trust between colleagues, always pushing to have the best student success.

Cons

Large workload for a new teacher/new to Noble.

8. 4.0

Great place to grow!

Dec 19, 2019 - Seminar Instructor in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since working here I have grown as a person and an educator. There are many great opportunities to earn stipends and develop.

Cons

Working for Noble can be challenging as there are many metrics. There is a great deal of responsibility and there are high expectations of the teachers.

9. 4.0

Noble Teacher

Dec 19, 2019 - 9th Grade Reading
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for noble is very rewarding and challenging . As a teacher you will make real connections with students.

Cons

You must be a very organize person to work at noble. Be READY!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Mission-First w/The Right Balance of Autonomy/High Expectations

Apr 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing colleagues (intelligence, mission-focused, humor, and love) -Most leadership has a students-first/teachers-second/selves-last mentality -Teachers and leaders given autonomy to innovate (a growing rarity in the large-charter space) -Student discipline and happiness is best-in-class -Constantly evolving. Far from perfect but has the humility to admit it.

Cons

-Though the autonomy is real and appreciated, the floor could be raised with more centralized (not just campus or Relay GSE) focus on teacher training -Chicago is a tough place to be right now; all the more reason Noble is needed but makes being a teacher harder when there's so much anger and unknowns (budget, education) in the public arena -More all-network time. We only see other campuses or hear 'what's going on at the network' a couple of times a year.

Director of Talent Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your constructive feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with all on the leadership team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews

Popular Careers with Noble Network of Charter Schools Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Noble Network of Charter Schools? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

4 days ago

Employee Story
“It’s time that we create space for the vibrant and dynamic stories of Asian Americans in our shared understanding of the history and culture of the United States.” Laura Houcque Prabhakar is a Rauner College Prep teacher, a daughter of Cambodian Genocide survivors, and an advocate for the AAPI community. She also works with Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago, read more about her journey through education and her role in passing a law in Illinois that will ensure that every elementary and high school student will learn about the contributions of Asian Americans to the development of the United States.
Shared image - Creating Space for Asian American Stories in Education
Creating Space for Asian American Stories in Education
bit.ly

33 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Changing The Course: Building An Antiracist Education Episode 4: In this episode, we talk with two leaders in the restorative justice field: Terrence Pruitt and Rev. Dr. Robert Spicer. Both Pruitt and Spicer have done extensive work with organizations and school systems across the U.S., including Noble Schools, to help them integrate restorative practices into their spaces. Pruitt and Spicer recently presented at a professional development session for our Culture teams in March. In this episode, they not only talk about what they presented to our teams but delve further into what it means to bring restorative justice into our schools.
Shared image - "Changing the Course: Building An Antiracist Education" Episode Four
"Changing the Course: Building An Antiracist Education" Episode Four
nobleschools.org

Noble Network of Charter Schools Photos

+ Add Photo
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Students celebrate at Speer Academy
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Be Noble.
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Noble & Mission & Values & College & Chicago
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Noble kicks off the 2019-20 school year with Constance Jones, CEO
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Ms. Martin was named a Distinguished Teacher in our first-ever cohort
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Soy Noble
Noble Network of Charter Schools photo of: Noble names first Distingiushed Teacher at Hansbery College Prep