Nolan Transportation Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Nolan Transportation Group President Kevin Nolan
Kevin Nolan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • NTG embodies a work hard/play hard environment that not only builds a team of co-workers, but joins a group of friends (in 12 reviews)

• The work environment is incredible (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding Culture with Unlimited Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nolan Transportation Group full-time

Pros

First, the culture is second to none. The environment is the farthest from a stuffy office as you could imagine. The energy and excitement in each office keeps me coming back every day. The growth at NTG is unbelievable. Being one of the top growing companies in the US and the fastest growing logistics company allow for plenty of opportunity for rapid growth. The company almost exclusively promotes from within. In 4 years I have been able to move up through several levels of management. This would not be possible if the company wasn't growing the way it is and empowering each person to take on leadership roles the way they do. The sky is limit for each person at NTG.

Cons

The logistics industry is tough. Read reviews for any 3PL and you will see the same themes again and again. It is a fast-paced, high octane environment. It is NOT for everyone. The trucking industry is truly the wild west. Logistics professionals have to balance relationships between truck driving professionals and corporate leaders - which can be difficult and often straining. However, for those who can handle the stress, pace and environment the opportunity is absolutely limitless.

Advice to Management

Continue to teach, empower and push your teams to reach new heights.

Jan 22, 2018 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are so glad our work culture agrees with you, as we believe our energetic work atmosphere is unique to the Logistics industry. We provide resources for our employees to... More

2. "Operations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Customer Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nolan Transportation Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work, No stress, Good pay, Schedule, Ability to work from home, They treat us great

Cons

Feeling like you can be stuck in a position

Advice to Management

Ask about your associates and their goals, and help work towards them

3. "Awesome"

I have been working at Nolan Transportation Group full-time

Pros

Work life balance is okay

Cons

Nothing to report as of yet.

4. "Very Corporate and untrustworthy"

I worked at Nolan Transportation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere, great way to find friends. Have fun happy hours occasionally.

Cons

The amount of sheer pressure and stress is crippling at this company. Not only is the work hard but you never know what management is thinking or if they are planning to cut your pay. You get beaten up all day every day to produce more and then the corporate office flaunts the money you are making them in very inappropriate ways.

Advice to Management

Be more respectful to employees and their general well being.

5. "Operations"

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Nolan Transportation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are young and/or fresh out of college with a useless degree, it's a good place to gain experience and get into logistics.

Cons

The way the company is structured results in high turnover, and the need for continual hiring in mass, which puts a huge financial strain on the company every 6 months. During my tenure, it also became increasingly top heavy with too many managers and supervisors, while the commission structure became less and less desirable for sales people.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee retention and quality over quantity of employees.

6. "NTG review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Nolan Transportation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission, relaxed environment, pop a shot

Cons

Shady management, some consider it to be a professional fraternity

Advice to Management

Take a step back and open your eyes, it might help us all

Jan 22, 2018 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate all reviews to help us better our company from within. We strive to provide our employees with a unique work culture that’s energetic and enjoyable... More

7. "Account Analyst"

Current Employee - Account Analyst in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Account Analyst in Warren, MI

I have been working at Nolan Transportation Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, easy work, close nit company.

Cons

Must be fast learner and personality clashes between employees.

Advice to Management

Higher pay, better training and response.

"Account Manager -Hard work, but it pays off!"

I have been working at Nolan Transportation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a fast paced, energetic, dynamic and family oriented environment -this company is definitely worth your consideration. This company provides so much opportunity for growth and advancement and they really put in the effort to train their employees. Now, you do need to understand that you are going to have to work very hard to be successful in this industry. Transportation is a dog eat dog world and you are not going to do well in this company if you are not willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears. You will not get far in this company if you are looking to just punch in at 9 and leave at 5. But, if you want to work for a company that challenges you on a daily basis and gives you unlimited opportunity to become the best employee you can be -I promise that this company is worth the effort. If you come in and embrace the grind you can really build a career with a company that is growing extremely quickly. Don't pass up this opportunity if you can help it! The culture that NTG has is second to none and I couldn't be more proud to be an employee for a company that truly cares about their people.

Cons

There are times where you will have to work after hours or on the weekends -that is the nature of the beast. Transportation is a 24/7 business.

Advice to Management

Keep those lines of communication open and keep rewarding the people that work the hardest!

9. "Not what it's cracked up to be"

Former Employee - Broker in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Broker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nolan Transportation Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool environment and most of the people are quality human beings

Cons

unrealistic expectations for new hires

clear favoritism in passing of accounts to certain brokers and transferring of departments

"Great Company from the Top Down"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nolan Transportation Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at NTG for many years and can say whole heartedly this is a company that truly cares about you from the top down. This is not your typical 3pl logistics company and if you put in the dedication and work you will be rewarded for it. Promotions are almost solely from within the company and communication w/ your supervisors and overall leadership is key. Everyone one from senior leadership to HR to direct managers cares about your success and listens.

Cons

This is not for everyone. It can be stressful and requires a very strong work ethic and a true hunger and desire for success. Don't be scared to ask questions and voice opinions b/c they do listen and care about what you have to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Stay transparent and focused on the employees. There's no doubt this company has and will continue to grow w/ the overall Leadership, HR and Recruiting team they have in place that are all very passionate about what they do and the company as a whole.

Dec 8, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear your time at NTG was a valuable one. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors!