NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Earning potential - I decided to join NonStop because of their commission structure within the industry, definitely the best" (in 12 reviews)

• "Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically)" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is difficult to have a real work life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you" (in 7 reviews)

"People are great. New staff sometimes terrible."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people. All the management care. The training team is great. The senior Sales Management are wonderful.

They generally performance manage out the toxic millennials that come into the business. Its good to see but I believe we could do better hiring.

There is over 200 like-minded, fun, brilliant and clever people who are part of the team. I feel privileged to be involved. I have been here for over 2 years and loved it. I don't think that enough of us actually come onto Glassdoor because it is a distraction.

I decided to write this now, because at the weekend one of the people who left decided to tell me that they wrote a bad review and how "funny" it was to have done that. This person was in the company for 4 months only and had been nothing but a problem for the Trainers and their Manager apparently. They were also on their final warning (they didn't mention this in their review.... )

Good Money - in the last 6 months I have averaged 143,00 czk per month (brutto). Some people have got way more than that.

Great Training and Learning.

Really nice offices in Prague. The London ones look amazing.

Power days and Parties.

A director let me try driving his Ferrari!

Cons

Some of the Junior people. Even since I joined a lot of the new people coming into the business are just toxic. You get an insight into the "millennials" from them! They complain about everything, nothing is ever good enough. Yet they are being paid to get training! Its crazy talk from them. Its draining.

Advice to Management

We need to hire people who are intelligent. Not just with a good education but actually have some intelligence about life (I don't know how to make sure that this happens by the way. I can imagine it is very hard to do). You can see from many of the reviews on this sight (which are mainly just the junior people) that they follow a similar theme:

"I have to actually do hard work" (A millennial/bad hire says "I cannot believe that sometimes you end up working after 6pm!) - I know that they tell people this in the assessment days. But I think that they just don't listen.

"They check out how you are doing with the training and whether there is any more help you need from the training team" (A millennial/bad hire says "OMG they actually check the work that you are doing. Its like Big Brother. I want to get away with doing bad quality work, or no work at all, and they check and can find that out!)

"The business knows how to do this, very very well" (A millennial/bad hire says: I know better. That is why I "left". I am amazing. NonStop/my manager/The owner/ the management are not amazing).

"The salary is good enough to live off whilst going through the training" (A millennial/bad hire says: You don't have a good standard of life with the money. They don't pay you what you are worth) - Finish the first part of the training, actually bring in some clients and then you earn great money. This is just the idiots who failed at the job complaining that they couldn't afford a 150sqm apartment next to the river whilst being paid to have training. People doing well here earn ridiculous money.

You can see from the fact that the majority of the reviews are people who worked in the business for "less that a year" that its just the new idiots coming into the company who seem to know better. They don't I can promise you, but they believe that they do. Its a real shame to see so many people working so hard to get people motivated and skilled at the job, with all the right intentions. And yet they still get criticised by a 23 year old who knows nothing about real life.

I don't actually have advice as to how to solve it. I even hired one of the new people myself, who was also toxic, but they seemed great on the telephone interview. I think it might be the way the world is unfortunately.

2. "Talent Researcher"

Pros

Great training and well structured progression scheme

Cons

The entire commission structure is a joke compare to other agencies in the same sector. It takes a year to make money and with the basic salary they give (25k CZK pm) its impossible to survive in Prague. Almost no benefits which is ridiculous considering that every international company in Prague provides that!

Advice to Management

Increase the basic salary
    Less competition amongs your people
    Clarify with new hires: this is not recruitment, its sales!

"NonStop Recruitment review"

Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The training scheme is very good. If you want to start a career in this field they will provide you exceptional coaching, mentoring and step-by-step guidance to become a successful recruiter
    - The overall atmosphere is nice. Since most of the people working there are expats it is easy to create new connection and some of the colleagues will become your friends outside of work as well.

Cons

- Work life balance does not exist: despite all the "we don't force", "it is only suggested" and other professionally-acceptable expressions, staying AT LEAST 10 hours per day at work it's the rule and going out at 6.00 pm on a regular basis will be impossible, unless your plan is getting fired by the company.
    - Big brother: everything you do, every mail you send, every call you do, everything is tracked. There is a department, the "Quality Assurance", which will listen to your calls and will have the possibility of seeing what you are doing in any moment you are using the company PC.

Advice to Management

I won't give any advice to the management.
    Instead, I will write a very easy tutorial to all the aspirant newjoiners of the company:
    1) get hired
    2) stay 4-5 months so you will have a complete training and understanding of the recruitment process and how to do it properly.
    3) resign and go to better companies
    4) If during the interview for the new job they ask "why do you already want to change ?" just link them the Glassdoor reviews page.

4. "Definitely a career boost"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment (Less than a year)

Pros

You will find a very diverse culture, there are teams designated specifically to different markets and industries.
    I have to say the ongoing training and the feeling of support is something refreshing.
    It can definitely lead to a long lasting career in the business but I like the fact that working as a recruiter for NonStop will teach you the core and most valuable skills a good communicator must have: business acumen, sales and negotiation skills, empathy and looking to provide value.
    Another great point is that NonStop has offices in multiple locations around Europe, which is beneficial if one would like to relocate.

Cons

The open office aspect might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"I had a great experience at Non Stop"

Former Employee - Market Builder- Education in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Builder- Education in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working here and learnt a lot. It isn't a particularly easy job but its definitely a fruitful work experience. They provide a lot of training by excellent trainers who care and are always open to feedback and suggestions. It's also a really fun place to work, there's never a dull moment and the team is really international. I also really enjoyed working with Michael Linskey, he is a brilliant manager and director. This company is great for anyone looking for career progression and a challenge and is very rewarding if you are willing to put in the work and time.

Cons

As any other sale job you cannot rely solely on your basic salary to live comfortably in Prague but once you start building your market and making commission it is really lucrative and rewarding.

The hours and expectations are high. So if you are looking for a relaxed environment where you only work a few hours a day and then go home, this is not for you. This job requires people who are willing to occasionally stay late and work hard.

Advice to Management

I would suggest more opportunities for staff integration and cross-division bonding- not only socially outside of work but also in the work environment. Perhaps a more established mentorship programme where employees are offered a safe space to share their challenges would be appreciated. I know there was something in the works but it would help if it was more established since team leaders don't really have the time or capacity to do this.

"Can't imagine a better company to start my career in"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

You are learning since the day one, and it never stops. And by learning i mean actual transferable skills that you can apply everywhere in you life.

Everything is transparent here - career path, expectations, company targets & there is whole department that's making sure everyone is receiving all the help and time they need to become successful and essentially everyone here wants you to be successful, that's what the company is build on.

We keep on growing and expanding which means the job is never boring - a lot of new people coming in, expanding and opening new offices. As you are progressing you are getting new responsibilities, learning to manage people... i could go on for while.

Cons

As i mentioned we keep on growing which means everything constantly changes and moves forward - meaning you will need to be able to adapt. You will need to be able to take on feedback and be open minded. If you are not able to do that, then i'm afraid you will struggle.

"Bad Management"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Relocation to Prague
    Training and development
    The 'potential' to earn a lot of money
    Company trips/rewards

The relocation to Prague was one of the main things that made me apply. They put you up in good quality company accommodation for the first month or so then support you in finding a flat afterwards. This makes life a lot easier when you're relocating to a new country.

I really enjoyed my first 6 months or so at NonStop, the training academy is really good and helps you develop as a Resourcer working on the Candidate side of the recruitment process. Plenty of feedback from the training team and QA, on a regular basis.

It's true that you do have the potential to earn a lot of money here, you see lots of people making placements and it can motivate you to do it yourself. The commission structure is amazing and you can start earning money from pretty much week 1, if you place as a resourcer you get 3000kc.

The company trips are really good, such as the pool party with an open bar

Cons

Some team leaders
    Long hours/weekends
    Unrealistic targets

When you get promoted, the training and development responsibility shifts from the training team to your team leader. They are responsible for helping you develop in the full 360 recruitment role, where you start to speak to clients. However, you are thrown in the deep end and while some team leaders will offer regular feedback in your first few days and weeks as a Market Builder, others do not. Managers leave you on your own, especiallu if they are based in a different country, and often your manager will not be covering the same country as you so can't help you with specific objections.

As managers have great influence over the broad working environment, there are a couple of good team leaders at NonStop who help you both on a personal and professional level, but most are very arrogant and obnoxious. Some managers aren't in the same country as you as they are based in London while your training is in Prague, so you have little face to face contact with them. The managers are left to do whatever they want with no accountability, they try to manage through fear and often go against company policy, for example written warnings - company policy is 1 month but they only give you 1 week. Some are really disrespectful behind your back so you have to be careful who you trust, and unless you are billing a lot of money they leave you to struggle on your own. The company don't do anything about this and unless you're billing a lot they won't support complaints against managers.

While NonStop say they don't force you to stay late or come in on weekends, they do make you feel guilty about leaving at 6.00 and not coming in on Saturdays. Managers won't help you unless you put in the extra hours, and when you go on holiday they expect you to come in on the weekends to catch up on what you have missed.

When you get promoted, you are given a set of targets which you need to hit before you are allowed to move offices. These are the same across the business, no matter what market you are working in. However, some team leaders can decide to change your targets and give you just 1 month to code an entire market on your own, even though your market had previously been worked by 2 people at once because it was so big. It could have been done over a longer period of time but 1 month is just ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is a good recruiter, it doesn't mean they are a good manager
    Maybe local managers should be managing people who are working a market within the same country, as objections that clients give can vary from country to country.

Mar 23, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving a balanced review – it’s nice to see someone take the time to leave both sides, rather than just listing some negatives.

When it comes to the negatives, however, I think there... More

8. "Not for everyone"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Earning potential if you get a good market
    Energetic environment
    Some great team leaders

Cons

Money driven
    Life balance
    Get along or get out

Advice to Management

Less KPIs and formulaes

Mar 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

I think it's important to note that the earning potential is not dependent on market, it's dependent on personal effort. Yes different markets give different opportunities, but it's up to individuals... More

9. "Trainee Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Young company not very well organized.

Cons

I have no Cons to suggest.

May 18, 2018

The business was established in May 2000.

The reviewer may mean young in age instead of business lifecycle. In which case most employees are 24-30 (it is natural given we hire people without... More

"Pretty Cool"

Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The NonStop people. I moved to prague from France and was nervous before. But everybody is so friendly and welcoming. There is maybe 200 people in this office and they are so great.

Language. It is cool that I speak French in the job. My team also speaks French and so does my Manageress and other managers. A trainer does too. But everybody here can speak English and when you are being social and making friends from other teams and divisions you often just speak in English. It is good because I can practice my English but work in French.

Professional Learning. My manageress is amazing. She helps so much. I am still training but have been promoted so I have many questions but I always get help. The French director is incredible. The other directors are so great. They want you to be better, they want to help you. They smile to you. I read some complaint on this website about the company and it must be a different place!

The Work. It is so great that I speak to amazing people and work with senior candidates. I learn so much. My friend said that recruitment was hard work. But I work 8:45 - 18:30. This is not hard work. My job before was more hours. Paid lower. Boring and boring! It’s interesting and ever new day is different.

Prague. Now this is an amazing city. Many places to visit. Cool bars and restaurants.

Pay. I am starting to get commission now. It will be so great! Nice holidays and good gastronomy for me!!

Cons

No office in France. But apparently it is in the targets. I like Prague but maybe in 3 years I will like to go back.

Advice to Management

Be proud. You work so hard and people notice this.