NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Earning potential - I decided to join NonStop because of their commission structure within the industry, definitely the best" (in 13 reviews)

• "Career progression - I have been promoted 3 times within the space of 2 years and I keep on climbing the ladder" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales - generally no work life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "The job is hard work but that is balanced out by what you receive back (by some margin)" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Bittersweet aspects of a Sales Job"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I decided to leave a review partially because I feel like a lot of comments from former employees are a little bit bitter, unfairly. First of all, it's a sales job, you get what you give and as long as you were properly informed before a start what recruitment is about, it is about selling and making money. It's not for everyone but there is also nothing to complain in that matter and act surprised when you have to meet KPIs ( it will be the same in every single sales job you get ).There is a lot of good things about the company:
    1) training is great and it's actually life changing in some aspects, you get to use these skills even outside of work (v.helpful,). You also feel invested in, not every company provides a 3-4 month training for their employees
    2) If you are lucky to have a good market, the earning potential is great
    3) The promotion structure is very fair. You get what you give, once you bill you can get to senior consultant, principal consultant, team leader etc. I think this is a fantastic aspect of a company, as it's purely about your performance and you see people who are billing getting promoted really fast
    4) There are some individuals you can learn a lot from. I have a lot of respect for the Managing Director who gave me a lot of tips that really work even though it's not actually his job, much appreciated
    5) At least in my case I felt like my Team Leader really cared about the people in the team and their performance. They are genuinely nice people there who wish you well and share your achievements and struggles with you
    6) As long as you are a people person and you actually like building relationships with people, you will get to have so many interesting conversations with people in your market, you can learn so much from them and in a weird way they will become your 'friends', both candidates and clients
    7) Prague is beautiful, there is always something to do and at this job you will get really good friends you can share experiences with

Cons

From my perspective there are two downsides from which the main one is the markets. If you have someone who actually wants to make money but their market is pretty much dead or very slow, then in a long run this person will go for a sales job that will bring them money faster and more regularly.

Two, less important as I didn't notice it being a major issue, people management, not every employee is the same and there are different ways to motivate or understand every individual.

Advice to Management

Try to treat every employee differently in a way to understand their concerns and struggles. The same management techniques won't work on everyone the same because of variety of reasons, culture, age, experience, personality etc

Nov 19, 2018 – M

Thanks for your detailed and balanced review. We just wanted to let you know that we take all such comments seriously and are currently in the process of creating a comprehensive management training... More

2. "Team Leader"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are several benefits of working here so I'm going to go through them quickly in separate sections.

Progression - everything is based on targets (meritocracy); no office politics, no BS; if you're doing well you will be promoted to Senior Consultant, then Team Leader and then Director. I, myself, joined a year ago and I managed to break the record for promotion to Team Leader. It took me 11 months and it was purely up to me to achieve this (sales, client acquisition, showing leadership). By the way, I'm only 23 and this is my first job...

Salary - if you want a high base salary, then you shouldn't consider a role in sales/recruitment. This is a commission-driven environment to the point where if you're successful in your work, your base will be looking like peanuts comparing to your bonuses. Now, obviously, the base is still higher average salary here in Prague, and you don't hit a 6 figure income only in a year, but it's possibility very early on if you're applying what you learn here.

Training - you get loads of it, especially in the beginning. You actually get proper prepared to do this job, unlike what many other recruitment and sales companies do by throwing you in cold water. As long as you apply the feedback - results will come. Stating that from experience. Also, you still get training as you progress - it's a continuous process and there is always room for development.

Environment - friendly people, young and dynamic, managers are super helpful and encouraging. This applies as long as you *yourself* try to enjoy the culture and the job. I've personally made many fantastic friends here with whom I hang out regularly and see as people who I will be keeping in touch with for many years to come.

Cons

The only con is, or better-said, was, when several people who were unsuitable for such a role and environment joined the company. NonStop didn't have the proper filter to sort out people from the selection process who were clearly not up for a sales job on a commission basis and for such a dynamic environment. This has been changing now, and we are giving people a really clear view of what this position is in reality. It is long hours and it is going to require an extra amount of energy and attention on a daily basis, but me and many successful people here see this as a positive compared to a boring 9-5 job where you get a basic salary and go home unhappy with no progression on the map for you.

Advice to Management

More elaborated Talent Acquisition process so we take on board the right people for our positions

"You should know what to expect, even before you start!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NonStop Recruitment offers training and support that is simply like no other company. From day one you are taught essential sales and business skills which don't just allow you to be able to recruit effectively, but also give you the ability to learn how to progress into management roles and other opportunities in the future.

If you're money motivated (if you're not, I really wouldn't recommend this job to you!) this is the right job for you. It's an entry level position, so you can't expect to start earning the big bucks from day one, but if you're resilient and apply the training, then it's only a matter of time until you reach your financial goals. I took a pay cut to join NonStop, but I truly believe it was the best career decision I've ever made!

But it's not all about the money. NonStop is like a community. We have people from all over Europe that come to work here in Prague, meaning 99% of people joining don't know anyone when they start. None of the previous reviews mention anything about you not feeling welcome at NonStop, and for good reason. Everyone is welcoming, we socialise with each other a lot and I can honestly say that I have met some friends for life since working here (even the ones who have left).

People talk about the turnover being high, but seriously, go work for any sales company and you'll see much worse. I've worked in companies previously where people have quit half way through their first day! One thing that should be made very clear is that NonStop do not want people to leave. Every single person who is hired has a lot of investment put into them. But this job isn't for everyone, and often we are recruiting graduates and young people who aren't really sure what they want to do with their lives. As a result, sometimes these people find out quickly that recruitment isn't for them. I think it's rarely NonStop which is the issue. Every hire that is made is NOT just a number, you're valued as an employee with potential to be a future business leader. NonStop will give you the tools, but your level of success will fundamentally come down to you.

Hard work- And it really is. It annoys me when I read the previous reviews about the long hours or how difficult Recruitment actually is. During my application process, this was repeated to me again and again. I knew exactly what to expect from day one. You don't HAVE to stay in the office late, but if you want to get ahead of your competition, you probably should do every now and again. I've been involved in internal recruitment as well, and we are very honest with everyone before they start. Treat your market like your own business and you'll be earning money like you do own one - we're literally talking thousands of £'s per placement you make. This is why I'm happy to stay late in the office every now and then.

I've had the most amazing 4 years working for NonStop Recruitment, that doesn't mean it's been easy or that everyday everything has felt perfect. But you have to expect that at any company if you're ambitious and want to do well!

Nonstop basically offers an opportunity that gives you training, the opportunity to earn over £60k a year by year 2, an exciting environment with a community quite like no other. If you want those things, apply. Then if you're lucky enough to be offered the job, work hard and enjoy the experience and the rewards. If working hard is not really your thing, I wouldn't only advise you to not join NonStop, I'd advise you to stay away from Recruitment and Sales in general! There are other jobs that can offer you a far more relaxed environment, it's just unlikely that they'll offer you all the other things you want too!

Cons

Both Pro's and Con's mentioned above.

"Great opportunity to learn and build a career!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NonStop gives everybody a great opportunity to build a career from scratch, offering an excellent training to become a real professional in recruitment in a very short time. Even if you never had any experience in Recruitment, from the very beginning you have an intense training (fully paid) and you're given all the tools to build your success. In a short period of time, they teach you how to be an effective recruiter and how to develop your skills to reach your targets and have a fast professional growth. That doesn't mean it's easy, if you want to grow quickly and make a lot of money, you have to work hard and you have to enjoy a sales-oriented job, based on targets. Compared to other similar businesses, NonStop gives you the opportunity to become team leader, manager or director pretty rapidly and on a meritocratic basis. The environment is multicultural, funny and very dynamic. You are supported from the very beginning and through all your path. I've been here for 1 year and I can say that I've never experienced something like that.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit stressful and you don't always get the results of your efforts right away, but that is normal for a sales-oriented job, and you're constantly supported and helped by the company anyway.

"Overall good place to work - Just know what to expect"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than a year ago, I also was reading reviews on this website and wasn't completely sure if I would go for the job or not. I got through the training program before the average of 3 months and managed to get my promotion to Senior Consultant before my 1 year anniversary in the company. At the end of next month I will see the work paying off in a paycheck of around 4.000 Euros (gross) with all commissions included.
    Most importantly, I stayed in the office after 6.30 only 1 evening in this year.

I have gotten good training and follow-ups from my management and our directors, they are all approachable and genuinely nice people if you get to know them. You are listened to and if you prove you can do the job you will get more freedom and options to grow in a direction you feel comfortable with.

*Training
    *Commission
    *Future opportunities
    *Good atmosphere between colleagues

Cons

There are of course some things to be mindful about, since it is not an easy job where you can leave the office at 4 and be lazy all day. Your work will be rewarded if you prove you are actually motivated and want to work.

For people who are genuinely interested in making good money, launching themselves into a sales career and become a manager/trainer with international perspectives, this is a good job.

For people who hope everything will be casual and given to you on a plate, don't go for it

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Skills development, money, career opportunities, atmosphere.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to be successful but it depends on how hard you work.

"Great Possibility to Progress Quickly"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited career progression really. I am here just about a year and I was still able to progress to the team leading position, which I believe is pretty decent considering that I am recent graduate and this is my first job. I don‘t think that any other company in Prague, especially out of Czech companies would be able to offer me such a growth. Considering the life standard in Prague, the amount of money is extremely decent and I am able to live really above the standard.

Cons

Regarding all I mentioned above, I can not really complain on anything. Recruitment is obviously hard work, but it is hard in any other company as well and Nonstop is kind of company which will help you to overcome all the challenges thanks to it‘s training programme

"Make the most out of the training and leave for your own sake"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- TRAINING: you spend 3, 4 or 5 months, (according to how fast you are) in a really good training where they teach you the psychology behind the sales process, which makes for a pretty solid ground. This training works wonders, I would say it opens a whole new world and is useful even in life outside of work.
     Unfortunately it's focused 90% on the candidate side, while the training on the client side and on business development is poor.

- SALES MINDSET: since you learn how to sell, you also start recognizing how the management sells and oversells the company to its employees, overpromising and making them dream about money which most likely they'll never have. understandably, most people end up feeling brainwashed.

Cons

1) COMMISSIONS: they go 8 to 16% as a junior consultant and 16 to 32% as a senior consultant. When you start out, the example they tell you is “if you place 10k, you get 800 euros in commissions” which is sadly not true. For 2 reasons: first they sometimes “forget” to mention that it's gross, second they never tell you that before calculating your commissions they turn placements made in euros into pounds.
    So you make 10k placement – they convert it to pounds, so it becomes 8,9k, 8% of this is 712 eur, which net is about 510.
    Consider that in most markets people make 1-2 placements per month, and there you have your monthly income.
    Converting placements made in euros into pounds is a very unfair way to save the company some money.

2) CONTRACT PLACEMENTS: they constantly sell their employees contract placements making them believe they'll make them super rich.... but again they “forget” to explain that the commission for contract placements is only 4%. There was a team leader working only with contractors who said he had to choose a low-cost destination for holidays because with his commissions he couldn't afford expensive destinations.

3) CAREER PROGRESSION: basically non-existent. A junior consultant does the same things as a senior consultant, and a team leader does exactly the same things as a senior consultant for 80-90% of their time, except for some training here and there. Basically my team leader was sitting next to me all the time doing the same things I was doing. And team leaders who have changed company have been hired as recruiters, none of them has ever been hired as team leader or manager, so career progression is non existent. After your promotion from junior to senior consultant, forget to learn anything new.

5) MARKET RESEARCH: instead of giving everyone a Linkedin Premium account (which in other companies is just obvious) they give it only to a handful of czech people in the office on Pardubice, so you have to ask them do to the research for you. Which of course they can do only in English. So if you need to search candidates on Linkedin for France, Spain, Italy, Germany or other non-English speaking markets, since they do not speak these languages, you'll have to go to the office in the weekends and do your research by yourself.

6) WORKING HOURS: they say that working hours are from 9 to 6, then if you want to be a top biller you stay longer. Actually, the targets they set are so unrealistic that to hit them you have no choice but to stay in the office 10-12 hours a day. And very often they schedule training sessions during lunch, so that you don't waste precious time. Managers DO ENCOURAGE you to work during lunch, and they take people who work until 9pm and during weekends as good examples.

7) TURNOVER: since the point above makes it impossible to lead this life for very long, the turnover is about 70%. Meaning that every 100 people that are hired, only 30 stay for one year, and most of these leave just after. It's no surprise that the company hired hundreds of people in the last couple of years, but the consultants are still only about 150.

This is really one of the worst environments I've ever seen. Directors and team leaders sleeping with trainees and their team members, encouraging the (ab)use of alcohol and drugs. I've seen with my eyes drunk managers literally forcing other people to drink.

Advice to Management

Copy from companies who are 100x NonStop's size and are able to keep their employees

Oct 9, 2018 – Marketing Manager

We're sorry you didn't have such a good time here, though glad to see you consider our training a 'pro'. As for some of the cons, it seems you may have been confused about some things. Converting... More

9. "Great training and earning potential"

Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training and management. There is an uncapped opportunity to earn very good bonuses depending on how hard you work.

Cons

The job can be stressful and life consuming. If your not money motivated then the stress may not be worth it. If you are looking for a role that rewards you financially then I would say the effort put in is worth the rewards.

Advice to Management

Optional refresher training would be useful for those of us who slip into bad habits from time to time.

"Good job X not so good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nonstop offers a good training which is especially valuable to people with no previous work experience. Giving a chance to graduates and people who want to start a new kind of work is really great. One can really benefit from the experience there is to gain
    International environment holds a great potential
    Integration of newcomers

Cons

British culture might not be for everyone (it is not really international)
    Management communication & approach to employees - when a management make mistakes, they should admit them and take responsiblity, not punish the departments that actually did a good job that has been objectively recognised
    Operations are generally not been valued both internally and financially (significantly below Czech average salary)
    Sales - generally no work life balance
    People with no management experience being promoted to team leader positions (making sales doesnt mean they can manage people)
    'Boys culture' & drug culture in management & team leaders sleeping with their team members don't really add up on professionalism and respect of other employees

Advice to Management

Recent management decisions have been nothing but failure despite the management claiming them big success (take the ongoing sales drops and all the subsequent cuts). It also seems the atmosphere within the company has quite changed in the past month and the company has quite shifted from the argued
     developing their employees to just money hunt

Sep 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

I am sorry that your experience with the business has been a negative one, however I feel obliged to correct the factual inconsistencies in your review.

Firstly the financials and management... More