NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Smith

1. "Big Opportunity"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

The great people, the sharp business skills you'll learn, the fun meals and trips, the uncapped commission, living in Prague, the clear career path, the culture, the ongoing coaching and development of employees.

Cons

You need to be motivated in order to unlock the door to the riches. If you're motivated they'll put you on a career fast-track.

Advice to Management

Keep going.

"A rare opportunity that should not be taken for granted"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Non Stop for 8 months. So far my successes and failures sit hand in hand and at times I wonder if I can do it. The truth is anyone who is bettering themselves will often feel this way. I truly believe that this company has made me a better person and has given me skills that I can take to any job.
             In my previous employment I was frustrated when I was not promoted to management because I put the hard work in. Here, the targets are binding contracts confirmed in ink and are reachable for any hard working individual.
             The training is beyond brilliant. If you show them that you have and will give what it takes, in return they will give you 100%. They are a credit to the company and you can walk away into any job with key skills that no university or school will give you.
            I would say that recruitment is not for everyone and you have to commit 100% in order to achieve 100% and that is the truth.

Cons

The salary is 'different'. If your used to a UK wage then it will be a culture shock and you will need to chill on the spending however, its still a great commission structure that has resulted in consultants taking home £30,000 a month at times! Now tell me a job that offers that kind of cash to graduates?

This is only a Con if your one of those 'I don't do overtime' kind of people. This job literally will give you as much as you give. Sometimes that means late nights at the office and even weekend work. If you can't see the benefits that come from hard work then this is not for you.

Advice to Management

I would love some Digestive Biscuits. Apart from that I cannot complain! My director Nathan always says hello and asks how I am. In my last 3 jobs I was never greeted or noticed even though I was upper Management!

"Exceptional People, Exceptional Company"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many opportunities to progress, the great people, the visionary, people-skilled and talented MD, The sense of community, sense of adventure, great office locations in great cities, free fresh fruit and superb coffee, creative atmosphere, comp[any will be global in 30 months or so, ongoing coaching environment, lots of support -you get that good feeling going into work...I don't even get the "oh no it's Monday tomorrow" feeling.

Cons

Have to remember to ask for help and support sometimes as there are so many projects being worked on it is possible to get that drowning feeling from time to time and some guidance is needed. Luckily, if you ask for support and guidance, you get it, no worries.

Advice to Management

Continue with this special vision and company culture - only emphasise that support is there for those who are spinning those plates.

"5 years on, still going strong"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Just passed the 5 year mark with Nonstop recruitment and things are getting better and better. I went out to the Czech Republic for the training and loved it so much I stayed there for four years! I have now moved to the London office in Canary Wharf and just finished my first year there. Simply, I'm very happy and things seem to just get better. I'm not going to write an essay but I will put some of the pros and cons I have found.

- The sheer amount of training and development now just skills in recruitment but personal growth, management training and industry knowledge.

- Clear career development. My next step has always been made clear to me and what I need to get there.

- The rewards. Not just financial which are very good but actual personal fulfillment and really feeling part of something.

- Easily the most important for me is the environment and the people. Not only are the offices great, the people that fill them are incredible and I have made friends I know will be with me for life.

Cons

Now if you're looking for a job that gives you everything for nothing this isn't for you. If you're looking for a career where you're given all the skills to succeed and you have the personal drive to implement them then you're at the right place.
    There's that cliche in positions about you getting out what you put in. Recruitment as a career actually gives you a lot more than what you put in but you have to have the drive to succeed. You will have knock backs and down moments but show me a career where you don't.

- Dealing with people that have negative perceptions of recruitment without having any experience of it.

- Candidates/clients not understanding the effort you put in. At this point I've got the experience to show how hard I work for people so not an issues but I remember it was in the past.

- Balancing work and personal life. Sometimes it can be hard to switch off as it never really has a quiet period. It never takes a holiday but you need to.

- Internal pressure on myself. I don't know anyone who never has a bad day at work but one of the biggest challenges is to let somethings go and focus on the bigger picture. Don't sweat the small stuff as they say.

Advice to Management

One of the best things about Nonstop. I don't need to write advice on here as they are always available either on the phone or face to face!
    They really give you inclusion into the business strategy and your role to play in it.

"My Journey within NonStop so far"

Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

Pros

Where to begin ...

I began my journey within NonStop nearly 6 months ago and I can honestly say that I have not looked back ever since (Even with the bumps and humps along the road that are inevitable)

The company comprises of such a diverse group of different individuals from all walks of life and every corner of the planet; throwing together culture, character, drive and determination and ultimately creating an environment that literally lives, breathes and breeds success.

I have learnt and discovered more about myself and the actual world of 'real life business' during my short-time here so far than I could have ever discovered in University or back-home; I have gained new skills, honed and perfected old ones, all whilst developing as a person within an adrenaline filled and pumped-up environment.

However, I shall tell you this ... The learning never stops. Ever.

You are constantly pushed out of your comfort zone because as humans that is the only way we grow; through hardship and quarrel we evolve. Complacency is void, it is non-existent here. (Regardless of your position within the company this applies to all, the moment you step in the door you're hooked and the potential, both financially and progressively within your career, is limitless)

I wake up every day not knowing what my day will bring and I go to work knowing that anything could happen; you will experience it all here ... The good, the bad (even the ugly) but nothing makes me happier or is more fulfilling than pushing through.

We have big plans (Spectacular plans in fact) Some people may consider them ridiculous and some people may have doubts and be sceptical but I promise you this ... We will get there, we will win and we will dominate.

I guess the message I want to get across is this essentially:

Everyone has something to bring to our table, regardless of background, regardless of previous life choices; as soon as you step into that glass elevator and you walk through our doors it is all forgotten, you have something that is rare ... A fresh start. A chance to make something of yourself in an environment where results speak everything and everyone (quite literally) has been in the same boat and shoes as yourself so you have a whole world of support whilst being given free reign to be autonomous and attain results in your own way.

You can be anything, you can achieve anything you want;

In the world of today, that is a scarce and rare factor that not many people are blessed with so I suggest opening your eyes and realising that there is a whole new world out there and you can get on top of it so grasp it now.

Cons

Things can be a little all-consuming at times because you give it all or nothing, there is no in-between.

Advice to Management

Guys ... Keep doing what you're doing.

"Young team, positive and no politics!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with NonStop for nearly 5 years now and I have seen huge changes during this time. If there is anything I would note to people about NonStop, it is the fact that the vast majority of the staff have been developed internally within the business. To a fresh graduate this may not mean much, but essentially it means that all the company growth has been created by developing people from within. This is really not common in industry and I only really appreciate this now after talking to friends who are working at other companies. I often meet people who are shocked by how much responsibility I have (I've been promoted 4 times and currently lead a team of 6), but it really is not out of the ordinary.

Another Pro that I would highlight is the social side, Prague is simply an amazing city to live in. I have good comparisons as I've lived in Belgium, UK, the US and I have travelled considerably. The living costs, low tax, options and events in the city, nearly every street you go down you will find art, bars, clubs, museums, cinemas. Like Vienna, many of the houses have statues and symbols on the walls. It's these little touches that you get to notice over time.

Other points:

• A simple and very high commission structure (Many agencies have very complex rules in place)
    • Choice of multiple locations to work in once you are on your feet
    • Growing quickly, hence many job opportunities internally
    • Well established client base in Europe (Many of the clients are well known brands and companies on the US and EU stock exchanges)

Cons

* If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you. People generally work hard at NonStop, however it's important to note this is just the culture rather than something that is enforced.

* There is a lag between the work you do and the rewards that come your way. It can take up to a year to see some of the fruit of your work (good client relations for example). Hence you need to be patient and resilient. They didn't build Rome in a day and neither can a recruiter get a good name for themselves in a day.

*NonStop is still a relatively small company, around 210 staff and revenue between the 20-40 million mark , hence if you want to be a part of a huge corporate, then it's not that.

"A 3 year journey that keeps going"

Current Employee - Learning&Development- Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Learning&Development- Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a young professional without work experience before joining NonStop I have received all the support, training and coaching needed to reach a middle management position in less than 1 year after joining the organisation.

What can people expect:

> Multicultural experience - we are a very international team and proud of it
    > Hands on experience - it's not University - all of the trainings are on the job ones
    > Meritocratic system - regardless of whom you are/ where you are from/ how long you've been in the company for, if you reach your targets you will get the same reward as everyone else
    > very lively, proactive, driven environment
    > inclusive colleagues
    > ambitious plans for the future - going global in the following years!
    > clear support offered when needed - just ask for it
    > international recognized / industry awarded performance ( for different individuals,, training program, etc)

Cons

Not your typical 9 - 5 job where you come in, do some work and count the minutes until you get to go home - it's more like a mirror - you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Carry on with the ambitious plans for the future - we are excited to be the generation who takes things to the next level!

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career growth
    Training provided
    Friendly environment
    Helpful colleagues

Cons

Didn't find any so far

Advice to Management

Keep on doing great job!

"amazing job opportunity"

Current Employee - Graphics Specialist in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Graphics Specialist in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

well paid, bonuses, laptop, a trip to Athens, flexible hours, flexible working locations, team buildings, company dinners, great office conditions and super co-workers

Cons

not many rock'n'roll people, fun of my haircut

"Go to work whistling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work well you will be rewarded with promotion, bonuses and salary raises. NonStop is like boot camp for recruiters - quite simply you'll be streets ahead of other recruiters who haven't had the NonStop training. A recruiter on steroids if you like. Great atmosphere, everybody gets on well, Prague is a wonderful city.

Cons

I know it's a meritocracy and you are expected to create your own kingdom to some degree but a little more practical support would work wonders for those who struggle when thrown in the deep end.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't forget the newbies who may rise to be superstars with a little encouragement from the top.