NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Earning potential - I decided to join NonStop because of their commission structure within the industry, definitely the best" (in 13 reviews)

• "Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically)" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales - generally no work life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great training and earning potential"

Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training and management. There is an uncapped opportunity to earn very good bonuses depending on how hard you work.

Cons

The job can be stressful and life consuming. If your not money motivated then the stress may not be worth it. If you are looking for a role that rewards you financially then I would say the effort put in is worth the rewards.

Advice to Management

Optional refresher training would be useful for those of us who slip into bad habits from time to time.

2. "Good job X not so good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nonstop offers a good training which is especially valuable to people with no previous work experience. Giving a chance to graduates and people who want to start a new kind of work is really great. One can really benefit from the experience there is to gain
    International environment holds a great potential
    Integration of newcomers

Cons

British culture might not be for everyone (it is not really international)
    Management communication & approach to employees - when a management make mistakes, they should admit them and take responsiblity, not punish the departments that actually did a good job that has been objectively recognised
    Operations are generally not been valued both internally and financially (significantly below Czech average salary)
    Sales - generally no work life balance
    People with no management experience being promoted to team leader positions (making sales doesnt mean they can manage people)
    'Boys culture' & drug culture in management & team leaders sleeping with their team members don't really add up on professionalism and respect of other employees

Advice to Management

Recent management decisions have been nothing but failure despite the management claiming them big success (take the ongoing sales drops and all the subsequent cuts). It also seems the atmosphere within the company has quite changed in the past month and the company has quite shifted from the argued
     developing their employees to just money hunt

Sep 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

I am sorry that your experience with the business has been a negative one, however I feel obliged to correct the factual inconsistencies in your review.

Firstly the financials and management... More

"Great Company Great Training Not Right For Me"

Former Employee - Market Builder in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Builder in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As they say in their promotional material their training is second to none and it really is. Initially you receive about 2 hours training everyday for the first month and then more and more training as you progress or struggle with things. That was one aspect I really liked, that it was ok to struggle with something, that you could ask for help and it would be given - multiple times in necessary so long as you are trying to improve.

There is a great atmosphere at the company it is really positive (although sometimes a bit too clappy). Everyone says hi, everyone from the CEO down asks how you are doing and how it is going.

My team! I adored my team and probably stayed in my role longer than I should of done because I enjoyed working with them so much. I had an excellent manager and great team leader. I really felt very supported and that no question was too stupid. I received lots of positive feedback from them which helped to boost my confidence.

Cons

The resourcer (initial) salary is a bit low, living costs in Prague are going up and up and if you don't get promoted before the relocation allowance runs out it can be a bit tough. However, it is perfectly liveable.

The thing that made me quit was the headhunting, I really didn't like it, felt uncomfortable doing it, and rarely had much success with it. However, the company put quite a bit of time and effort into helping on that particular issue. I think by the end I'd probably had at least 4 hours of individual attention from the training team on it so really it was my issue not theirs.

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are - the changes you've already implement to the training scheme will I think work well. Something which was really good for me was working very closely with my team from day one - in about 4 months of resourcing I think I only worked 2/3 roles outside of my market. That meant I was concentrating on my market and really market building from day 1.

"A fair reflection of nonstop"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

+ commission structure is good
    + prague is a beaut
    + Flexible open to ideas
    + admin/QA/marketing are really nice, and the Czech staff.
    + audit system at the start is a good idea to get feedback before you do it

Cons

+ 'Boys' culture of management. There is void of leader in the senior management team. Most have zero managment experience and lack humility, you get the impression they'll walk over their team. Also some aren't aware their actions on a Friday night, form an opinion of them on a Monday morning, Prague is a small place.
    + Toxic environment. Recruitment is highly pressurised but its a new level at nonstop. I felt sorry for the directors as there is no job security even at that level. They are driven by the fear of being sacked, so they are less likley to be respectful and patient with their employees, more likely to be a little crueler and this filters down. They are a little out of touch, and have a vision of a perfect recruiter, who works 14 hour days, skips lunch and stands up all day shouts down the phone, rather than intelligently using their time, creating deep client relation. Then they wonder why team leaders get burn out and leave.
    + Leased ferrari - at nonstop the highest prize is a ferrari, but noone mentions its leased, and they can/ and have took it off people in the past despite all their hard work.
    + Respect when people leave - When someone quits nonstop, instead of appreciating their work, they go into bizarre PR campaign and call them lazy, and insinuate they were going to get sacked anyway. I found this bemusing, and it degrades the job for all the current employees and devalues the work you are doing. Just appreciate that someone worked for you, then decided to leave, don't try to embarass them or put them down.

Aug 22, 2018

Hi,

Short response as I don't want to burden readers:

1. We own the Ferraris, outright, they are specifically not "leased/loaned/hired". We have never taken one "off" somebody. We may do but... More

5. "QA Department"

Current Employee - Senior QA Specialist in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Senior QA Specialist in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The management of QA department is helpful: they are interested in your development, careful to details due to the fact that the job is all about quality.
    -Informal and friendly working environment, the average age in the department should be 25/26 years old so you can get new friends to get out with (especially if you're an expat and you don't know Prague).
    -It is a good place if you want to start your career and you never worked, it will give you a taste of how company dynamics work and you will be trained to become a good and serious professional.
    -Most of the people in the department are Czech so they can help you with translations or other things you couldn't understand if you don't speak the language.
    -International environment (the department has got even people who're not from Czech Republic).

Cons

-Very low salary: you can basically just cover the essential expenses of Prague (rent, food) and few things more (few travels or going out) but you can't afford a lot of things.
    -Too often career progression and good training is used to respond to the fact that salaries are low. According to official and documented data/surveys the salary is below Prague and whole CZ's average.
    -You have got too many responsibilities compared to the salary you get and almost no benefits (except a multisport card, which is though very useful in Prague).
    -Obviously I do not recommend this role to people who aim to earn money, if you want to work in the company and are interested in making money, do recruitment with them.
    -According to my own experience, after several months (potentially even few years) the job becomes repetitive, not recommended if you are motivated by a continuous learning.
    -The job area is too niche and often times your skills could be difficult to sell. This is not company's fault though, just the nature of the job imposes this.

Advice to Management

The main advice would be to increase salaries and this way avoid potential loss of resources in the future. It would help retention of good and talented people (and trust me, all the people in this department are exceptional and very smart).

"You will learn a lot."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent commision
    Clear path to progress

Cons

Assigning peoples markets before the interview and before you've even met.
    A lot of hindsight when it comes to feedback on your calls.

Advice to Management

I'm writing this review because I really did appreciate what I got from NonStop and I wanted to show gratitude in some way.

I want to pass advice to anyone reading this considering joing NonStop. If you are serious about recruitment then this is a great place to start, you learn so much and its no wonder the training is award winning. I worked in sales a long time and never thought I could learn more but I use some of the training on a daily basis.

The reviews that are negative are from people who shouldnt have been given a job in the first place, NonStops gift and curse is that they recruit people to give them a chance and they are not quick to get rid of people, they want to invest in you, which is not what you get from other companies (trust me)

In terms of staying late I never stayed past 7 and I made placements. some people like to stay behind and yes some people may judge you for leaving "early" but if you do your job in terms of numbers then no one says anything and if you cant doing your job in 8 hours then you need to reconsider your job.

They also really look after you when you relocate to Prague everything is sorted EVERYTHING in fact they do so much that you dont even know half the stuff they do.

Aug 22, 2018

Thank you.

I think that your comment about what is NonStop s "Gift and Curse" is actually the most accurate and insightful piece of information that has been put on Glassdoor. And you are correct... More

"People are great. New staff sometimes terrible."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people. All the management care. The training team is great. The senior Sales Management are wonderful.

They generally performance manage out the toxic millennials that come into the business. Its good to see but I believe we could do better hiring.

There is over 200 like-minded, fun, brilliant and clever people who are part of the team. I feel privileged to be involved. I have been here for over 2 years and loved it. I don't think that enough of us actually come onto Glassdoor because it is a distraction.

I decided to write this now, because at the weekend one of the people who left decided to tell me that they wrote a bad review and how "funny" it was to have done that. This person was in the company for 4 months only and had been nothing but a problem for the Trainers and their Manager apparently. They were also on their final warning (they didn't mention this in their review.... )

Good Money - in the last 6 months I have averaged 143,00 czk per month (brutto). Some people have got way more than that.

Great Training and Learning.

Really nice offices in Prague. The London ones look amazing.

Power days and Parties.

A director let me try driving his Ferrari!

Cons

Some of the Junior people. Even since I joined a lot of the new people coming into the business are just toxic. You get an insight into the "millennials" from them! They complain about everything, nothing is ever good enough. Yet they are being paid to get training! Its crazy talk from them. Its draining.

Advice to Management

We need to hire people who are intelligent. Not just with a good education but actually have some intelligence about life (I don't know how to make sure that this happens by the way. I can imagine it is very hard to do). You can see from many of the reviews on this sight (which are mainly just the junior people) that they follow a similar theme:

"I have to actually do hard work" (A millennial/bad hire says "I cannot believe that sometimes you end up working after 6pm!) - I know that they tell people this in the assessment days. But I think that they just don't listen.

"They check out how you are doing with the training and whether there is any more help you need from the training team" (A millennial/bad hire says "OMG they actually check the work that you are doing. Its like Big Brother. I want to get away with doing bad quality work, or no work at all, and they check and can find that out!)

"The business knows how to do this, very very well" (A millennial/bad hire says: I know better. That is why I "left". I am amazing. NonStop/my manager/The owner/ the management are not amazing).

"The salary is good enough to live off whilst going through the training" (A millennial/bad hire says: You don't have a good standard of life with the money. They don't pay you what you are worth) - Finish the first part of the training, actually bring in some clients and then you earn great money. This is just the idiots who failed at the job complaining that they couldn't afford a 150sqm apartment next to the river whilst being paid to have training. People doing well here earn ridiculous money.

You can see from the fact that the majority of the reviews are people who worked in the business for "less that a year" that its just the new idiots coming into the company who seem to know better. They don't I can promise you, but they believe that they do. Its a real shame to see so many people working so hard to get people motivated and skilled at the job, with all the right intentions. And yet they still get criticised by a 23 year old who knows nothing about real life.

I don't actually have advice as to how to solve it. I even hired one of the new people myself, who was also toxic, but they seemed great on the telephone interview. I think it might be the way the world is unfortunately.

"Talent Researcher"

Pros

Great training and well structured progression scheme

Cons

The entire commission structure is a joke compare to other agencies in the same sector. It takes a year to make money and with the basic salary they give (25k CZK pm) its impossible to survive in Prague. Almost no benefits which is ridiculous considering that every international company in Prague provides that!

Advice to Management

Increase the basic salary
    Less competition amongs your people
    Clarify with new hires: this is not recruitment, its sales!

"NonStop Recruitment review"

Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The training scheme is very good. If you want to start a career in this field they will provide you exceptional coaching, mentoring and step-by-step guidance to become a successful recruiter
    - The overall atmosphere is nice. Since most of the people working there are expats it is easy to create new connection and some of the colleagues will become your friends outside of work as well.

Cons

- Work life balance does not exist: despite all the "we don't force", "it is only suggested" and other professionally-acceptable expressions, staying AT LEAST 10 hours per day at work it's the rule and going out at 6.00 pm on a regular basis will be impossible, unless your plan is getting fired by the company.
    - Big brother: everything you do, every mail you send, every call you do, everything is tracked. There is a department, the "Quality Assurance", which will listen to your calls and will have the possibility of seeing what you are doing in any moment you are using the company PC.

Advice to Management

I won't give any advice to the management.
    Instead, I will write a very easy tutorial to all the aspirant newjoiners of the company:
    1) get hired
    2) stay 4-5 months so you will have a complete training and understanding of the recruitment process and how to do it properly.
    3) resign and go to better companies
    4) If during the interview for the new job they ask "why do you already want to change ?" just link them the Glassdoor reviews page.

10. "Definitely a career boost"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment (Less than a year)

Pros

You will find a very diverse culture, there are teams designated specifically to different markets and industries.
    I have to say the ongoing training and the feeling of support is something refreshing.
    It can definitely lead to a long lasting career in the business but I like the fact that working as a recruiter for NonStop will teach you the core and most valuable skills a good communicator must have: business acumen, sales and negotiation skills, empathy and looking to provide value.
    Another great point is that NonStop has offices in multiple locations around Europe, which is beneficial if one would like to relocate.

Cons

The open office aspect might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work