NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A simple and very high commission structure (Many agencies have very complex rules in place) (in 11 reviews)

• Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It is difficult to have a real work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you (in 7 reviews)

"Ambitious and Hard working - then yes NonStop is for you"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it pays off - you do have to put long hours in at first and really learn and take feedback as well as apply it
    Prague - for some it's great destination - but I get it others may like different locations - you need to count that you will be in Prague up to a year
    training - these guys know their stuff and they can train you - of course if your motivation is there in a first place
    cool international environment - company is at the moment going through massive growth, Italians, French, Spanish, other Europeans, Dutch and Germans are all at NS. So if you more reserved or party animal - you will find your crowd
    money - basic is as it's called - basic and it's still good they actually pay you for first few months where you really only an investment from NS side - however they do train you so that if you believe in it your chance to be successful is so much higher

Cons

well yes long hours - but again I don't know anybody who earns 6 figures salary and works 40h a week
    growing business - growth hurts and it is chaotic - you really need to be flexible as things change on daily basis and you sometimes will be asked to go with the flow

Advice to Management

Work load is crazy on occasion maybe a bit more organisation would be good - but again business is growing.

"Rewarding career opportunities through hard work and an open mind."

Current Employee - Director in Zug (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Director in Zug (Switzerland)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High rewards reflective of the work that you put in.
    Meritocratic culture with little need for experience to be able to succeed.
    An organisation that see's raw talent and develops it, regardless of age, ethnicity or who you know. Results matter here and the company has an interest to develop it. I can talk from experience having joined as a graduate aged 22 and being provided a platform to determine my own income and career path through the hard work I put in.
    Fantastic training
    Not your typical corporate company where you can only progress if somebody leaves.
    Ample of opportunity
    Innovative thinking finding new ways of doing things.
    Approachable and friendly staff.
    Not a typical sales culture which can often involve back stabbing. That doesn't exist here and is stamped out .
    Once you have mastered the ropes, having a work life balance and still receiving high rewards is relatively simple to achieve. I talk from experience.

Cons

This is a company with high ambitions, so as with anything in life, to succeed here you need to have some element of ambition. Whether it be an ambition to just help the candidates you represent or am ambition to be the best. If you are looking for a 9-5 job where you are not encouraged to realise your true potential, this is not the company for you.
    The company does not want to be the typical boring organisation where to progress, it takes a Manager or Director after 15 years to leave for anybody to step up. NonStop strives to be the best and in order to do that, they strive to train and develop the best. For some, this can be a type of encouragement (some argue pressure) they don't like. So it will not suit somebody who wants an easy life. You get what you put in.
    If you are like the majority of the world and just want to cruise by on a basic salary - not only is this company not for you, a sales environment is not for you.
    The job is hard work but that is balanced out by what you receive back (by some margin).

Advice to Management

Being one of the Directors and so part of management, my review will of course be bias. Its important to state that so you can take this into account when reading my review. I have nothing to hide.
    The truth is, I came in as a Trainee and worked my way through. That meant I once didn't understand why the company did things certain ways - once I understood why and was exposed to things that made me realise why, that made it easier to relate to the management at the time.
    This is not a position that suits everyone but if I compare myself to many others at my age, it is fair to say I am miles ahead. Not just financially and that isn't what it is all about anyway. In many other ways - I have learnt to recruit, learnt to manage, worked to help people but also learnt how to grow and run a business. I have been exposed to many things that have helped shape my behaviours in my personal life and that is in a positive way. Everybody will have a positive and negative to say about everything. Nothing is perfect. However, if you come with an open mind and realise nothing in life is handed to you on a plate - then this is a company for you.

"Very sales driven environment - Not for everyone - Call Centre like"

Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Good social environment, Frequent company outings, dinners etc.

Cons

Quite low salary initially even for Czech Republic, 50 calls per day, Tough KPI's, time consuming promotion structure, high level of supervision by team leaders

Nov 16, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, and we’re glad to hear you thought our social environment is good. In this case, your review also gives us a chance to clarify things, particularly for... More

"Great learning school - Terrible company culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely amazing training. You learn all the ins and outs of the recruitment job. Even after the initial training period you keep receiving feedback and tips to develop yourself every week. I am up to this day for all the training and thanks to that experience, I was now able to get a much better job.

Cons

Before I started they told me a lot of stories, of which very few were true or realistic. For example. Salary is low, but cost of living too. Not true, Prague is expensive if you live from the base salary they offer.

Company culture is very political. It is all about going out with the right people. If you work hard, but are an outsider, you will not be noticed. They raise people to manager who have no soft skills whatsoever and expect those 'managers' to just learn this by themselves. Same with other higher management, many with an arrogant attitude because they are good in hitting targets.

No respect for work-life balance. I was forced to stay for sales meetings at 18.30 or 19.00, standard. You are expected to work in weekends as well. I got a heavy burnout. Then fell into a heavy depression. When I was finally getting better I was asked to leave the company.

Advice to Management

If you want to grow, try to respect the employees a bit more. And rewards those who want to contribute to the company, instead those who want to win only for themselves.

Oct 26, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks or taking the time to leave a review, and we’re glad to hear you think so highly of our training programme. However, we also feel we need to clarify a few things.
    The salary is exactly as... More

5. "Being a NonStopper"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Zug (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Zug (Switzerland)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-We are offering a chance to anyone ready to be fully committed, show what you got, not everyone have guts so you are already special.
    -international environment, trust me it feels good to be with open minded people
    -truly great people, speaking of, you will make friends, colleague, brilliant people
    -high reward system if your are dedicated, money, joy, accomplishments, knowledge, skills, networks
    -we are helping people, yes we are, you will see the job market on a different angle. And for what comes next it's always useful to have such an insight in how a hiring process works, plus you will know what a good CV is
    -solid management experience, be a team leader after 1-2 years, would you even expected it elsewhere?
    -great training , on a lot of difference aspect, not only work wise but in life as well
    -moving between offices, Prague is great, London is amazing Zug is where you want to retire. And we are going global.

Cons

-KPI's because we are applying pre-defined numbers to a job based on human relationship which doesn't sound right. We taught people to think out of the box, be innovative and add a value to the business and then we defined the value of their work with numbers.
    -good training but obviously the company isn't ready to have such high numbers of trainees as the training department is overwhelmed but the company is learning from its mistakes
    -high turnover, not the highest for a sales company but do not get attached to people
    -low salary for a Swiss based company but you are not signing for the fix salary obviously
    -if you want to be successful step aside from your work life balance for a time, it'll takes a lot of times and effort to be successful
    -you need to be a businessman, we are no different from a investment/trading group but we deal with people, infact it's a longer and hazardous path to the top don't get me wrong, you can make 150k as a recruiter but you won't be rich.

Advice to Management

Not all of us can be successful and you know it. It's a job with people for people and it takes a lot of average recruiters for just a few top billers. If we want to be different we need to develop our people in their very own unique way, we need to all turn ourselves into entrepreneurs. We are no different from any other recruitment agencies if we keep trying to develop people based on a rigid structure who leaves no room for innovation and forward thinking.

Oct 25, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. While we appreciate this, we also need to make it clear that we only have one Swiss-based recruiter, who has left a review above.

"Excellent Training but Disappointing Company's Culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Training: Kitty and Dale are awesome people and trainers. QA was great to help us improve quickly.

- Opportunity to make great money: the commission structure is probably the best among the agencies ceteris paribus.

- Nice Relocation Support: The internal Recruiters made a good job in welcoming us with apartments.

Cons

- Unpaid and (almost forced) Overtime: (According to my experience, before I started and during the initial training, I was told I could leave at 6PM (starting at 8.45 AM because arriving later even though before 9.00 AM was considered delay). After few weeks as Market Builder, my manager asked me why I was leaving so early unlike most of the people working there (most used to leave at 7.00 PM and some stayed also until 9.00PM) and basically ended the discussion making me understand that other could have followed my example and that I could have been fired. The point was: if you work 10 hours a day and you struggle, it is fine; if you work 9 and struggle, you can get fired because you are not following the line of the at least 10 hours a day (8.45 to 19.00).
    At 18.30 one day: "Why are you leaving so early?" or in another discussion with my manager: "Here you cannot have worklife balance".

- Unpaid Commission: When I left I was not paid my commission because I was told the person would start after my leaving, I asked to be paid once he started and I got a no as answer. I believe this was totally unfair and unethical.

- Super High Turnover: Working there is very stressful and demanding and I remember that probably only 2 persons out of 15 people who started remained there. Generally speaking people disappear on weekly basis.

- Crazy Metrics: I remember that many people used to make fake calls and useless ads only to achieve the expected numbers which normally people (during my training and in my team) did not reach in 9 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Change the culture guys :)

Oct 13, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and for giving us this platform to clarify a few things.
    Yes, our working hours are 9-6 but it is always a good idea to be ready 15 minutes early and... More

"Great Opportunity for open minded and driven people"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Training Scheme
    Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically)
    Offices are amazing
    Good locations (Prague and London above all)
    Earning potential
    LEARNING potential (chance to make mistakes and learn from them)
    Become industry experts
    future employability
    International environment
    very social company with sociable people
    company funded and organized events
    Visibility for every seniority (not just senior people)
    Investment in own people
    can become manager in less than 2 years
    a lot of internal support
    can move within offices in Europe
    planning to expand to Asia and America
    very good commissions and company benefits
    meritocratic environment
    lack of glass-ceiling effect (growth is almost unlimited)
    performance management systems in place to help and boost performance
    no need to travel constantly allover Europe
    family-like environment
    a lot of "human" people (also at senior managerial level)
    uncapped commissions

Cons

Long hours
    need to move to Prague to start
    Ego-defying
    Ups and downs (very challenging role)
    Senior management sometimes too far from employees' real needs

Advice to Management

speak more to junior people and tailor your company communication to it
    take on and apply feedback after having completed step one
    raise basic salary of new employees by 5-10%

"consultant"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

just living in czech republic

Cons

awful salaries, large staff tun over, they sell u a dream and present you with something awful

Advice to Management

listen more and take steps to make employees enjoy working for your organization

Aug 21, 2017 – Communications Associate

While we’re sorry recruitment as a career didn’t work out for you, your review has provided an opportunity for us to clarify some things – firstly the salary…
    25-28,000czk per month when you are... More

"Good experience, less development than expected"

Pros

Great people, good initial training, clear targets

Cons

Progression is often rather a change in title and bonus than actual development.

"Great community spirit, development & career progression, skills & friends which last for life."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People join for different reasons, or find themselves being motivated by different aspects of the experience over time.
    At the start, the training & development can be seen as the most valuable, coming in with no work experience and developing some of the most useful, transferable skills, such as negotiation, sales and business development.
    The chance to live abroad and experience Prague/Europe is also pretty unique, not many companies would offer relocation assistance to graduates without experience.
    Later the financial rewards coming from being successful, which is much higher than most standard roles not requiring a specific background, or even other recruitment firms.
    Recognition from clients & candidates also became a big drive for performing in the job - it's a positive experience to match someone to a role they really like.
    Finally the community itself, which celebrates everyone's success and pushes every individual to give their best is probably one of most unique I've seen/heard from any other company and is probably one of the major reasons retention remains high for those who have worked at NonStop for more than a year or so.

Cons

Roles requiring alot of communication and pro-activity do not suit everyone. Potential applicants need to really think about their strengths & weaknesses and if they are really up to the challenge. If so, the rewards are the limitless.
    Development & support are available throughout but motivation, perseverance & resilience are needed to do well in this job - people without this will most likely struggle. Ability to take feedback is also key, otherwise development is impossible.

Advice to Management

Management team is strong, advice would just to keep listening to employees and keep being creative in their approach to keeping people motivated. The communication of business strategy is also something working well and should continue.