NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Smith

"Joining NonStop was the best decision I've ever made"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Training - everyone starts in the same position as a trainee, regardless of what you've done in the past. Everything is transparent in terms of what you need to do to get to the next step, both to yourself and to everyone else so no matter what sort of help you need, there is someone there who can give it to you.

People - NonStop puts a lot of effort into finding the right people to join us. In the 5 years I've been here for, I've only seem a handful of people who didn't seem right for the business. The Assessment Day also gives you a full opportunity to learn about the business to decide if it's going to be the right fit for you, as well as for us.

Environment - I've been lucky enough to work in 3 of the offices we have - Pardubice, Prague and London. It doesn't matter which location you chose to work in, the atmosphere and the people are brilliant. The Prague office is the biggest by far which is fun to be in and rewarding in that you are working in the same office as the trainees who you can watch develop. The London office is a bit smaller but the people there tend to be more experienced so the vibe is a bit quieter and focused.

Culture - NonStop hires people from everywhere and doesn't discriminate on any accounts. Part of the reason I enjoy coming to work everyday is because on my table of 7 people, there is 1 British, 2 French, 2 Dutch, 1 Bulgarian and 1 Swiss. I feel I would be a very different person today had I not had the opportunity to learn from people across so many different nationalities and cultures.

Rewards - the career path of a Sales Consultant is very defined and your eligibility for promotion has nothing to do with the time you have been in the business for. It's purely on your success and meeting the criteria which is laid out for you from your first day of being here. I have progressed faster than others who have been in the business longer than I have and the same is true for people who have been here less time than me. You get out what you put in and if you're not afraid to make mistakes and ask for help, you'll go a long way.

Self Development - NonStop offers you the opportunity to learn things about yourself not just professionally but personally as well. This isn't just a job where you're just a number - the management generally care about each individual reaching their full potential. It took me 2.5 years to become a Team Leader, others have done this in just under 11 months and for some it took a bit longer. A lot of the motivation actually comes from the transparency of the management. They actively tell everyone about the future plans for the business and how we can play a part in that. They understand the motivation of their staff is one of the most important things to achieve these plans and as a sales force, we are committed to helping them achieve these goals as well.

NonStop was the first job I had from University and accepting the offer to join them back in 2012 was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Cons

Feedback - if you can't take it, this job isn't right for you. You get feedback in bucket loads here and it's not always going to be positive. Sometimes you need to hear that you need to change, grow up, start being operationally mature etc. and you need to be able to take that on board otherwise you'll completely plateau and others will rise above.

Commission - you won't be earning shed loads of cash straight away. You have to work for it and it may take you 9/10 months (even a year) before you start seeing big pay checks. That might mean staying late in the office or coming in at the weekend. No one forces you to do it but the ones who want to succeed the quickest generally will. Recruitment isn't a get rich quick scheme but if you put the work in and are smart with it, the rewards will start rolling in.

Advice to Management

Never lose the transparency you have with the staff.

2. "An Honest Opinion"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

I started there in 2016 as a trainee over in Prague. I found that the training they deliver truly is outstanding and it serves you well not only in this job, but in future professions.

Refusal to hire externally. This IS a good idea. Their trainees become team leaders, managers, directors etc. This is a great thing and should be done more often in other companies.

Cons

Where to begin......

I must say that all comments are completely my own opinion.

Whilst I was there, we had a Questions/Answer session with one of the Directors. We submitted our questions anonymously beforehand. One question was why they ask us to do so much overtime and UNPAID. What really frustrated me was their complete avoidance of answering this question and they gave an answer any politician would be proud of. The Czech Labor Law states that it is illigal to work more than 5 consecutive days in the Czech Republic, yet they are "encouraging" us to work across weekends. If you didn't work on weekends like myself (I had no desire/push to do so) you were looked down upon as a "part-timer".

It sucks the energy from you. After making hundreds of calls a week and working an additional couple of hours every night, you naturally want to relax on a weekend....not work more. Work-Life balance is key. I think, literally a handful of employees were married. It is not a Job for someone with a family. You have no balance at all.

It is hectic environment but feels like a school. You have to have lunch between certain times and you feel bad even making a coffee out of the regulated breaks.

The staff turnover is absolutely astonishing. From the group who started alongside myself, only 2 remain as far as I am aware.

Unprofessional. In my opinion, NonStop is the most Unprofessional Professional company I have come across. You have to dress formally (suits) when there is no need to. Furthermore, the attitude and lifestyles of some of the employees are utterly disgraceful and I can say that they would certainly struggle in most other companies.

Wages. They try to incentivize you to make sales by paying you a very low sum of money per month. It does not work in my opinion at all. The first few months in Prague, your salary is so low you honestly find it difficult to get by.

Advice to Management

Staff retention. If so many people leave, they must be doing something wrong. Look into this and resolve it. Why try and open offices in several locations across the world when you can't completely get things straight in your biggest office currently?

Be more involved. I never felt comfortable being able to go up to the directors for help/advice.

"A rare opportunity that should not be taken for granted"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Non Stop for 8 months. So far my successes and failures sit hand in hand and at times I wonder if I can do it. The truth is anyone who is bettering themselves will often feel this way. I truly believe that this company has made me a better person and has given me skills that I can take to any job.
             In my previous employment I was frustrated when I was not promoted to management because I put the hard work in. Here, the targets are binding contracts confirmed in ink and are reachable for any hard working individual.
             The training is beyond brilliant. If you show them that you have and will give what it takes, in return they will give you 100%. They are a credit to the company and you can walk away into any job with key skills that no university or school will give you.
            I would say that recruitment is not for everyone and you have to commit 100% in order to achieve 100% and that is the truth.

Cons

The salary is 'different'. If your used to a UK wage then it will be a culture shock and you will need to chill on the spending however, its still a great commission structure that has resulted in consultants taking home £30,000 a month at times! Now tell me a job that offers that kind of cash to graduates?

This is only a Con if your one of those 'I don't do overtime' kind of people. This job literally will give you as much as you give. Sometimes that means late nights at the office and even weekend work. If you can't see the benefits that come from hard work then this is not for you.

Advice to Management

I would love some Digestive Biscuits. Apart from that I cannot complain! My director Nathan always says hello and asks how I am. In my last 3 jobs I was never greeted or noticed even though I was upper Management!

"5 years on, still going strong"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Just passed the 5 year mark with Nonstop recruitment and things are getting better and better. I went out to the Czech Republic for the training and loved it so much I stayed there for four years! I have now moved to the London office in Canary Wharf and just finished my first year there. Simply, I'm very happy and things seem to just get better. I'm not going to write an essay but I will put some of the pros and cons I have found.

- The sheer amount of training and development now just skills in recruitment but personal growth, management training and industry knowledge.

- Clear career development. My next step has always been made clear to me and what I need to get there.

- The rewards. Not just financial which are very good but actual personal fulfillment and really feeling part of something.

- Easily the most important for me is the environment and the people. Not only are the offices great, the people that fill them are incredible and I have made friends I know will be with me for life.

Cons

Now if you're looking for a job that gives you everything for nothing this isn't for you. If you're looking for a career where you're given all the skills to succeed and you have the personal drive to implement them then you're at the right place.
    There's that cliche in positions about you getting out what you put in. Recruitment as a career actually gives you a lot more than what you put in but you have to have the drive to succeed. You will have knock backs and down moments but show me a career where you don't.

- Dealing with people that have negative perceptions of recruitment without having any experience of it.

- Candidates/clients not understanding the effort you put in. At this point I've got the experience to show how hard I work for people so not an issues but I remember it was in the past.

- Balancing work and personal life. Sometimes it can be hard to switch off as it never really has a quiet period. It never takes a holiday but you need to.

- Internal pressure on myself. I don't know anyone who never has a bad day at work but one of the biggest challenges is to let somethings go and focus on the bigger picture. Don't sweat the small stuff as they say.

Advice to Management

One of the best things about Nonstop. I don't need to write advice on here as they are always available either on the phone or face to face!
    They really give you inclusion into the business strategy and your role to play in it.

"Young team, positive and no politics!"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with NonStop for nearly 5 years now and I have seen huge changes during this time. If there is anything I would note to people about NonStop, it is the fact that the vast majority of the staff have been developed internally within the business. To a fresh graduate this may not mean much, but essentially it means that all the company growth has been created by developing people from within. This is really not common in industry and I only really appreciate this now after talking to friends who are working at other companies. I often meet people who are shocked by how much responsibility I have (I've been promoted 4 times and currently lead a team of 6), but it really is not out of the ordinary.

Another Pro that I would highlight is the social side, Prague is simply an amazing city to live in. I have good comparisons as I've lived in Belgium, UK, the US and I have travelled considerably. The living costs, low tax, options and events in the city, nearly every street you go down you will find art, bars, clubs, museums, cinemas. Like Vienna, many of the houses have statues and symbols on the walls. It's these little touches that you get to notice over time.

Other points:

• A simple and very high commission structure (Many agencies have very complex rules in place)
    • Choice of multiple locations to work in once you are on your feet
    • Growing quickly, hence many job opportunities internally
    • Well established client base in Europe (Many of the clients are well known brands and companies on the US and EU stock exchanges)

Cons

* If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you. People generally work hard at NonStop, however it's important to note this is just the culture rather than something that is enforced.

* There is a lag between the work you do and the rewards that come your way. It can take up to a year to see some of the fruit of your work (good client relations for example). Hence you need to be patient and resilient. They didn't build Rome in a day and neither can a recruiter get a good name for themselves in a day.

*NonStop is still a relatively small company, around 210 staff and revenue between the 20-40 million mark , hence if you want to be a part of a huge corporate, then it's not that.

"My Journey within NonStop so far"

Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

Pros

Where to begin ...

I began my journey within NonStop nearly 6 months ago and I can honestly say that I have not looked back ever since (Even with the bumps and humps along the road that are inevitable)

The company comprises of such a diverse group of different individuals from all walks of life and every corner of the planet; throwing together culture, character, drive and determination and ultimately creating an environment that literally lives, breathes and breeds success.

I have learnt and discovered more about myself and the actual world of 'real life business' during my short-time here so far than I could have ever discovered in University or back-home; I have gained new skills, honed and perfected old ones, all whilst developing as a person within an adrenaline filled and pumped-up environment.

However, I shall tell you this ... The learning never stops. Ever.

You are constantly pushed out of your comfort zone because as humans that is the only way we grow; through hardship and quarrel we evolve. Complacency is void, it is non-existent here. (Regardless of your position within the company this applies to all, the moment you step in the door you're hooked and the potential, both financially and progressively within your career, is limitless)

I wake up every day not knowing what my day will bring and I go to work knowing that anything could happen; you will experience it all here ... The good, the bad (even the ugly) but nothing makes me happier or is more fulfilling than pushing through.

We have big plans (Spectacular plans in fact) Some people may consider them ridiculous and some people may have doubts and be sceptical but I promise you this ... We will get there, we will win and we will dominate.

I guess the message I want to get across is this essentially:

Everyone has something to bring to our table, regardless of background, regardless of previous life choices; as soon as you step into that glass elevator and you walk through our doors it is all forgotten, you have something that is rare ... A fresh start. A chance to make something of yourself in an environment where results speak everything and everyone (quite literally) has been in the same boat and shoes as yourself so you have a whole world of support whilst being given free reign to be autonomous and attain results in your own way.

You can be anything, you can achieve anything you want;

In the world of today, that is a scarce and rare factor that not many people are blessed with so I suggest opening your eyes and realising that there is a whole new world out there and you can get on top of it so grasp it now.

Cons

Things can be a little all-consuming at times because you give it all or nothing, there is no in-between.

Advice to Management

Guys ... Keep doing what you're doing.

"A 3 year journey that keeps going"

Current Employee - Learning&Development- Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Learning&Development- Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a young professional without work experience before joining NonStop I have received all the support, training and coaching needed to reach a middle management position in less than 1 year after joining the organisation.

What can people expect:

> Multicultural experience - we are a very international team and proud of it
    > Hands on experience - it's not University - all of the trainings are on the job ones
    > Meritocratic system - regardless of whom you are/ where you are from/ how long you've been in the company for, if you reach your targets you will get the same reward as everyone else
    > very lively, proactive, driven environment
    > inclusive colleagues
    > ambitious plans for the future - going global in the following years!
    > clear support offered when needed - just ask for it
    > international recognized / industry awarded performance ( for different individuals,, training program, etc)

Cons

Not your typical 9 - 5 job where you come in, do some work and count the minutes until you get to go home - it's more like a mirror - you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Carry on with the ambitious plans for the future - we are excited to be the generation who takes things to the next level!

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career growth
    Training provided
    Friendly environment
    Helpful colleagues

Cons

Didn't find any so far

Advice to Management

Keep on doing great job!

"Recruiter"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great commission structure, fast career progression, young environment, very dynamic and there is always a new project to work on, strong training to guarantee you will be successful as this is also the interest of the company, approachable management and great rewards when the company hits the target

Cons

work never ends- you need to be willing to put in serious commitment and work overtime or during the weekends, stressful environment- you manage important clients, unpredictability- you can't always guarantee that you will see the results of your efforts, it takes will and mental strength to always stay positive

Advice to Management

Try to narrow pressure, I feel like sometimes there is too much extra stress for the employees, which isn't necessary. Try to respect the differences in everybody's market specifics and offer more flexibility on how to tackle those- give more tailored training or advise because different clients require a different approach. Also, there are days when everyone does the same thing but it isn't necessary relevant or priority for all of us.

Keep up the great atmosphere, I think employees look up to the managers because they are all young and work hard.

"amazing job opportunity"

Current Employee - Graphics Specialist in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Graphics Specialist in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

well paid, bonuses, laptop, a trip to Athens, flexible hours, flexible working locations, team buildings, company dinners, great office conditions and super co-workers

Cons

not many rock'n'roll people, fun of my haircut