NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Earning potential - I decided to join NonStop because of their commission structure within the industry, definitely the best (in 11 reviews)

• Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It is difficult to have a real work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you (in 7 reviews)

"Can't imagine a better company to start my career in"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

You are learning since the day one, and it never stops. And by learning i mean actual transferable skills that you can apply everywhere in you life.

Everything is transparent here - career path, expectations, company targets & there is whole department that's making sure everyone is receiving all the help and time they need to become successful and essentially everyone here wants you to be successful, that's what the company is build on.

We keep on growing and expanding which means the job is never boring - a lot of new people coming in, expanding and opening new offices. As you are progressing you are getting new responsibilities, learning to manage people... i could go on for while.

Cons

As i mentioned we keep on growing which means everything constantly changes and moves forward - meaning you will need to be able to adapt. You will need to be able to take on feedback and be open minded. If you are not able to do that, then i'm afraid you will struggle.

"Pretty Cool"

Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The NonStop people. I moved to prague from France and was nervous before. But everybody is so friendly and welcoming. There is maybe 200 people in this office and they are so great.

Language. It is cool that I speak French in the job. My team also speaks French and so does my Manageress and other managers. A trainer does too. But everybody here can speak English and when you are being social and making friends from other teams and divisions you often just speak in English. It is good because I can practice my English but work in French.

Professional Learning. My manageress is amazing. She helps so much. I am still training but have been promoted so I have many questions but I always get help. The French director is incredible. The other directors are so great. They want you to be better, they want to help you. They smile to you. I read some complaint on this website about the company and it must be a different place!

The Work. It is so great that I speak to amazing people and work with senior candidates. I learn so much. My friend said that recruitment was hard work. But I work 8:45 - 18:30. This is not hard work. My job before was more hours. Paid lower. Boring and boring! It’s interesting and ever new day is different.

Prague. Now this is an amazing city. Many places to visit. Cool bars and restaurants.

Pay. I am starting to get commission now. It will be so great! Nice holidays and good gastronomy for me!!

Cons

No office in France. But apparently it is in the targets. I like Prague but maybe in 3 years I will like to go back.

Advice to Management

Be proud. You work so hard and people notice this.

"They care!"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Let me start with the most important part: this is a company that actually cares about their employees. If you have any kind of issues, whether that be personal or work-related, you can speak to nearly anyone about it. They're all very willing to help and they will go above and beyond to help you as well as they can.

The reward structure is pretty decent from the start. In your training stage, you will get a fairly small reward, but still very decent considering you're not actually making money for the company yet.

The training and development that you get from day 1 is extremely comprehensive and all geared towards your future. You can expect regular feedback on how to improve, and what else you need to improve on in order for you to advance to the next stage.

TL;DR: It's a great company, you will get all the support you need, both for your personal and your work life, and you will be rewarded very well for your efforts. You will need to work hard, and make some sacrifices, but in the end it will be worth it.

Cons

The job is hard, don't underestimate this! Your motivation will drop at one point, but it will also shoot back up. It's like a roller coaster, you will have horrible days, and you will have amazing days.
    If this is something you can deal with, this could very well be a great career for you!

Advice to Management

Don't change a winning team.

"Senior Consultant"

Pros

Best trainig, best development possibilities, great bonus structure, people you work with are your frineds not your colleagues

Cons

It is a sales job, if you are not ready to work hard towards your success, you will not get out what you want

5. "consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge focus on training, which is ongoing. Constant development. You are not expected to be perfect and you are given training, feedback and coaching sessions.

Cons

It's common to lose motivation, especially when your placements are not coming straight away. You need to like speaking to people on the phone and (more commonly) leaving voicemails for them to call you back. In the end what counts is result and whether you made money or not.
    Even through the company is full of interesting and lovely people, sometimes you feel like you don't have the time to get to know them, unless you're going out drinking with them.
    This job is not for everybody, that's for sure.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job. The cons I stated are more of a reflection on the nature of the job, not on the company.

"Worst Company"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

The company has no pros

Cons

Worst Environment i have ever seen

Jan 30, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Whether this review is legitimate or not, it would be great to understand what you mean by this. Please feel free to email s.marquet@nonstop-recruitment.com to discuss further. If there truly are... More

7. "Industry standard??"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great initital training
    fantastic locations
    great potential if you do coke with seniors

Cons

manager is in a different country to you
    have to hit targets to come home!! Really
    pay is poor
    they don't even realize liars within their own teams. The guy on the answering machine was a fake recruiter putting up fake bookings!

Advice to Management

Stop hiding behind Industry standard

Feb 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Fake recruiter putting up fake bookings? - We don't even do bookings, we're not a travel agent. We make placements and anyone who actually worked here knows that, which leads me to believe this is... More

8. "Activity"

Pros

Very good training offered to graduates, teaches you everything you need to know about the industry and also promotes discipline.

Cons

Poor management, very young employees at a specific moment in the company's development that didn't promote a healthy environment in which you can learn and grow as a professional.

"Best Training in Recruitment?"

Former Employee - Market Builder in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Builder in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training programme allows you to not only gain the basic skills in recruitment but helps you to understand why those skills are useful so you can get the theory behind it and really be able to help the candidates you are talking to. With constant monitoring with QA you are able to perfect and learn and hear from your mistakes instead of learning from someone telling you what you did wrong which I found the most helpful and helped me to succeed.

Great team atmosphere. With out of work activities moving to another country isn't scary at all. Everyone is made to feel welcome. Everyone has moved abroad for this job so they can all give you advice on starting you career at nonstop.

Great location in Prague. The offices are amazing ad a good location for public transport. You are also able to live in some of the cheaper areas of Prague away from the more expensive Prague 1. Even though this is still very close so still great for socialising after work.

If you decide to leave NonStop their training is known within other recruitment companies so it's easy to get a job after as people know you have been given great training.

Career progression is great. But only once you've passed the training which can be slow for some.

Cons

Even though the training is one of the best things theres still not enough support from the trainers themselves. Because of the size of people joining. I was a group of 40 and I could see them struggling. Not only do they employee a lot of people but they do this every month! So sometimes you are made to feel like you have to hurry along so that the next group can come in. I noticed that this made it harder for previous groups to progress. They say it takes 3 months to complete training but i know a lot of people that didn't achieve this. I'd suggest hiring every 3 months so that you can really focus on one training group at a time.

The wages aren't great at all. With most companies in Prague offering meal vouchers I'm not sure why NonStop doesn't. The relocation package helps but after that you're on your own and realistically you won't be earning any decent commission for at least a year. Everyone in my training group was borrowing money from their parents or friends. Make sure you have savings before coming out.

Be careful they like to brag about their success stories but with even more people joining all the time the successful people aren't many. Don't get sucked in by the chance to one day get a Ferrari. You have to work really hard to get there! It has taken some people 4 years and others 10. Everyone is different.

Commission! I've worked in recruitment before this and i still work in recruitment. The commission is great because you can earn in pounds or euros depending on your market. But I've still seen better percentage in other companies. It's nothing special, average. The gold billers bonuses are a meal out each month and a yearly trip. Other companies offer quarterly trips and weekly gold bonuses. So again good but pretty average as there are better offers out there.

Advice to Management

Focus on new trainees before bringing in a new group.
    Be more realistic when talking to new employees. Don't just talk about the success, talk about the people that struggled but overcome it.
    Check out the competition.
    Allow people time to grow. You have great training in recruitment! but because it's more complex than there companies I think it would be better if people had the 3 months to train before another group join and the trainers are over stretched. Especially when one is sick, then the trainees can go days without feedback!
    Update and give the company a makeover. E.G Rec Room. Weekly training videos with top tips, or going over what you learn in training for the whole company to see. Ways to catch up or revise training session like you can with uni lectures.

Nov 22, 2017 – Head of Training & Development

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Firstly I’m glad to see that you enjoyed the training and are continuing to find it useful. It’s true that our programme is relatively well known throughout the... More

"Awful Company - There are easier ways to almost be eligible for food stamps"

Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at NonStop Recruitment gave me just about enough experience and recruitment knowledge to land a proper job after: I'm very thankful for that.

Big emphasis on training & development, I learned quite a bit

Cons

Where do I start ?

Insane turnover: so many people leave. Yes, a sales-driven environment is not for everyone, and those who realize that leave. However, I don’t know a single person there who genuinely enjoyed the job there. People leave and get fired all the time. Which brings me to this point: no job security whatsoever. If the company feels like you’ve done something wrong, or that you’re no longer valuable/an asset, you WILL be pushed out.

Structure: everything you do is decided beforehand. First hour in the morning is calling, so everyone needs to “call call call”. 10 to 12 is BD (Business Development), so you have to do Cold Calling. 12 to 1pm is admin time. 2pm to 3pm is again calling time. “Come on man, you gotta be on the phone”, “PICK UP THE PHONES GUYS, let’s call !!”. It doesn’t matter if you feel like there is something more productive you should be doing: it’s NonStop’s way or the highway. It's a call center, basically. Things get quite boring and old very quickly, especially when you’re not the one that decides how to plan your day. At some point it feels like your brain is turned off, and you can't use it. How do they ensure that you’re doing everything the way they want you to do them? Sales meetings. During those, you need to tell them what you’ve done and what you’ll do later, and they’ll correct you if it doesn’t fit the daily structure, which brings me to my next point: monitoring.

Constant monitoring: Everything you do is recorded and monitored. Number of calls, time spent on the phone, who you called, which number, how many times you’ve called those numbers, what you say during the calls. I once had a “QA report” of my whole afternoon. “2:05pm to 2:20pm: on the phone with a client / 2:20pm to 2:30pm: no activity / etc…”. They had monitored my whole afternoon, it was ridiculous.

Work/Life balance: Forget about it. You’re expected to work extremely hard, you HAVE to put in extra hours, even during the weekends. They don’t explicitly tell you to, but it’s expected. Basic salary is quite low, especially now as cost of living is rising in Prague. You’re essentially working long hard hours for peanuts, hanging onto the hope that in a year or two, this will all have been worth it. For every success story of trainee who made it to Team Leader in a year and is now knee-deep in money, you have 30 stories of people who are barely making a decent living or are close to getting fired.

Career progression: If you’re successful, you can advance in your career very quickly at NonStop. However, your job doesn’t actually change. Once you get to Team Leader, you will have people in your team that you need to coach and develop, but your job remains essentially the same: call clients, call candidates, make money. The job title changes (Market Builder to Consultant to Senior Consultant to Team Leader to Associate Director) but the job in itself does not change at all.

The actual company: Before joining, you must understand something. You’re not important at all. Unless you’re billing thousands for the company, you’re very much expendable, and the company can fire you. If you want a company that cares about you, this unfortunately isn’t it. NonStop is very good at selling, the adverts that you read, or the conversations that you have with recruiters, will make it sound like one of the best companies to work at. With all due respect, it most definitely isn’t.

To conclude: if you’re a graduate who can’t get a job in recruitment anywhere else, you should consider it: the experience and knowledge about recruitment will benefit you. If you aren’t…don’t, just don’t. Turn around and run.

Dec 6, 2017 – Managing Director

I travel a lot and often look at various hotel reviews and responses online. It often paints an amusing picture if you have the time to read through and you realise that the reviewer hasn’t been... More