NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

Kevin Smith

"A wrecking ship..."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

After working 2-3 years in a very stressful environment living in a relatively small town in the Czech Republic you could potentially start earning a good salary with commissions, even if still low compared the number of hours worked
    Once a good training, now its level is consistently deteriorating due to both the fear of people leaving because of it and to the shortage of consultants since an alarming number of them is leaving the company every month

Cons

Very low commissions for the first couple of years. You are pushed to work regularly 12 hours everyday and to come to work even at the weekend, you'll live your life through the phone and you will be expected to make something like 80-100 calls and 4-5 hours or more on the phone everyday in a very stressful Orwellian environment where every action and call you make is monitored; this situation doesn't change progressing in your career, in fact it worsens...

The company notoriously had have problems in presenting clearly the contract terms to graduates...making them have unrealistic expectations about salary, accommodation, time required to move from Pardubice office to another and even about the kind of contract offered...

Crucially, the number of people leaving every month is higher than the number of new inexperienced people joining...

All this clearly points to a negative future outlook for the company...

Jan 4, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts. We like to hear what people think as we look to continuously improve. The training, which you mention was good, has gone from strength to ... More

"Starts off bad and gets worse"

Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-opportunity to make loads of money
    -you get a relocation package to Prague
    -accommodation is supplied for first month (but deducted from your salary)
    -overall friendly office with some genuinely great people

Cons

-too much pressure which isn't necessary
    -silly office rules like not looking at emails during 9-5 (email is an essential part of recruitment!) and not reading notes before calls
    -they expect you to do overtime all the time and it is always unpaid
    -cultural differences aren't paid enough attention to in the training programme
    -the computer software is not great by any stretch of the imagination
    -terrible staff retention- 1 out of 4 new recruits stays longer than 3 months
    -you are only valued on how much money you make

Advice to Management

give people more time and more freedom- each market is different so candidates and clients will behave differently. You can't expect them all to behave in the same way.
    Hire more trainers.
    Be more open about why people left - this seriously affects group morale and leads to more people leaving.
    Give team leaders management training - making loads of money doesn't mean you're good at helping others, even if you are given financial rewards to entice you to do it.

"Worse than your typical recruitment company"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

It is good fun living in the Czech Republic. That is probably the only good thing I can say about it.

Cons

Everything from atrocious salaries to awful work life balance, poor management, the abuse of Czech Republic's employment laws and a sky high staff turnover

Advice to Management

I don't know what I would say to management. I think they know exactly what they're doing and are absolutely fine with it.

Feb 10, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking time to leave feedback. We appreciate people letting us know their thoughts as we continuously strive to improve. In this case, we have a few things to clarify… • The basic ... More

"Interesting experience for graduates but shocking salary for long hours"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a recent graduate looking interested in trying recruitment then they are worth contacting Great stepping stone for progressing on to roles with other companies
    Training was of a respectable standard.
    Requirement for all new starters to learn about their industry which is very helpful for when discussing with candidates/clients
    Chance to experience living in a new country
    Friendly environment with helpful colleagues
    Good social life
    Some of the senior management were extremely helpful
    The company finds accommodation for new starters

Cons

Very target driven role, with unrealistic targets which no one in the company ever achieved
    Guidance on how you were meant to achieve these targets generally consisted of a combination put downs and an instruction to "make more calls" even though the calling list had been called through numerous times
    Location is essentially a small city in the middle of nowhere, if you're not willing to travel then it will feel like you are living a very isolated existence
    Salary is so poor it is unreal, I actually lost money with this job
    Many promises were broken
    Promotion 1. takes too long (for the salary you start off with you need to be promoted within a few months to start earning commission, otherwise you will not have enough money to afford food)
    2. is almost impossible to achieve, a small number of people were lucky enough to be promoted but the promotions only started happening after unhappy staff started leaving
    Staff retention is awful, of the people who were there when I was, approximately half have left for other roles, some even leaving with no future role lined up.
    Favouritism between the teams, the team which had the hardest roles to fill NEVER received any rewards/extra incentive, however those who worked on much easier roles were often taken out for company paid meals by their line manager despite not achieving their targets
    You were EXPECTED to work additional hours with no reward or recompense. Staff were pressured to work from 8am - 8pm every day & to work the weekends / bank holidays with no breaks / lunches - if you did decide to eat then you were expected to do so at your desk whilst working
    Atmosphere of do as we say, not as we do from senior staff who regularly would disappear for extended lunch meetings, arrived just before the day started and left as soon as they could most days
    The company charges staff a high rent for the accommodation they set up for new starters in comparison to properties offered by private landlords in the area

Advice to Management

Pay your staff a reasonable wage, don't lie when recruiting new employees, be fair with rewards

Jan 3, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to review NonStop. We appreciate any feedback we can get as we continuously strive to refine and improve our processes. We're glad you enjoyed the location and social life ... More

"An honest truth"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After reading lots of reviews, i wanted to write an honest article. One which differs from the shameless self promotion of the company, or the extremely negative reviews and false allegations of scam.

Pros- supportive enviroment and friendly staff. Everyone is approachable and helpful. The trainers and workshops really develop you as a recruiter while affording you more time to succeed where as other agencies will expect results or the door in 2 months. Nonstop has allowed people to stay 6-12 months or more with no results (billings) as they see potential in those certain consultants.Staff favouritism may have played a part.

Commisison is great as you get it in pound sterling which translated to cz currency is loads of money in a vastly cheaper country.

Chance to move to other offices.But you must first hit certain targets first. Targets are doable and to be honest, normal days work for a recruiter.

Pardubice- 100k population, nice city, has everything you need and cheaper than the UK. Great for your training period. Being abroad also alows you to form tight bonds with your colleagues and real friendships. Great for after work in what truly is a stressful enviroment.

Good promotion and commission structure. Excellent bonus once you start billing and the company truly has a meritocratic enviroment.

If you can hack working in recruitment and improve you will make money!

Prague is beautiful city and if you are organised you can take advantage of the central european location to travel.

Cons

Very much an orwellian enviroment were all your actions and calls are monitored. They call it 'QA'.

Recruitment is a very stressful job. To succeed you must become a machine. If you cannot hack making 80-100 calls a day and come in on weekends then its not for you. Secondly, all of that and you have to still show great patience, as you may not bill for months even with that hard work. In the end recruitment depends on your candidates performance at interview regardless of the work you put in.

The location - Pardubice, will bore you after a few months, for those coming from big cities eg london, it will shock you in a week or two. Though being here also raises it morale as you see your colleagues everyday, it also lowers it when people get fired and you end up talking about work after work to add to your stress.

High turnover- you will see the majority of your friends or your group leave or go on to compeletely eclipse you. You must have tunnel vision to succeed.

Your development will hinge on the team leader you get as much as your own ability, naturally some will be much better than others.Politics has meant that the more incompetent team leaders of which there at least 3, remain in their posts. Though they are acknowledged as useless.

BUT the czech base wage though good for there is well below minimum wage in the uk. Essentially you are being paid peanuts.

Client calls give new trainees unrealistic expectations of how a BD call will go.

Every thursday there is an extra 2 hours unpaid calling time. 'Early evening focus' a nice way of titling what is essentially free labour for the company.

Likewise new trainees should be briefed before coming over on the earning base wage, time to truly move offices: 8-9 months and other facts of similar ilk.

Advice to Management

Overall, solid. But keep switching team leaders so consultants can learn from everyone and enhance their skills. Remove certain team leaders who are incompetent- Be it their man management or as recruiters. Stop creating a sense of favouritism and look at trainee consultants objectively. Make more social activities with your team outside of work. Lastly improve client calling training, trainees are going in with wool over their eyes and false expectations!

Jan 4, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave such in depth feedback. We appreciate all feedback as we continuously strive to improve. While we do still have some people in Pardubice, we have significantly ... More

"Good company, Hard work."

Pros

Trips abroad, great bonuses and packages.

Cons

Hard work, 8:30-6:30/7:00 work hours. Low salary until you move back to England.

Advice to Management

Living off 25,000czk isn't enough when you have even the slightest phone bill to pay or even to fly home every other month. Maybe review that - it's really hard and really turns people away or forces them to leave. I had to extend my overdraft in England to have money for flights home.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great people to work with
    -great work environment

Cons

-very fast pace
    as with all recruitment jobs there is a lot of stress.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic environment. Friendly team and atmosphere. Really good training to take you to the top. Fast career progression

Cons

Work versus Life Balance is pretty tough. Really long hours. You earn a low income, especially if you need to travel, but great commission scheme. Your effort will pay.

Advice to Management

Young company, young management. Could be slightly more professional, but senior management is wise

"You need to work hard, but great experience."

Former Employee - Trainee in Pardubice (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Trainee in Pardubice (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Social Life
    Nice Accomodation
    New Experience
    First Class Training
    Liked the Management a lot, friendly, approachable and also take the time to find out how you are doing.
    They are doing what they say which is 'organically growing'
    Clearly a company growing very very quickly

Its either a pro or a con I suppose but I was on performace management and decided to head back to the UK to go into Marketing. I enjoyed it but a lot is expected of you and to be honest, I didn't have the 'umph' that some of the people who joined did. There is people being promoted and once promoted are starting to earn good money, but not everyone makes it at all and they seem quite quick to move on those who don't.

One person I started with has been promoted and loving it, another one has gone back to the UK, was working at a competitor where they weren't as 'on top of you' all the time. Though apparently it makes for a more boring environment.

Would reccomend it to friends but only those who are pretty ambitious.

Cons

Not in the UK, unless you are promoted.
    Very hot in the summer!
    Not everyone makes it.
    Don't settle for people being lazy
    Its hard work.

For me Recruitment is not easy, nor what people think it is. Is driven by people and although we got quite a lot of training about 'perception' and others. If you don't 'get' people then they probably cannot teach you to do.

They do make you work quite hard, but its the same in any trainee recruitment position.

Advice to Management

Socialise more with the Junior people.
    Explain the earnings process better. People are earning good money but the more junior staff don't know how it works.

"If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!"

Pros

Supportive environment with an award winning training program you will get nowhere else!

target driven specifically for people who can be good at the job and to weed out those who can't... For those who don't see that as a pro, then you don't understand how bad it is to work amongst people that lack motivation and maturity!

Looking at other recruitment agencies in the market recruiting in life sciences and IT, nonstop has the best commission structure. (I took home 12k one month and someone in the company regularly does!)

A strict organic growth structure- 95% of the management team came through the trainee development program. (The most junior has been in the business 2 years).

Top billing consultants annually go on an all expenses paid trip. Barcelona in 2012, Austria 2013, Dubai 2014.

The Christmas party is usually carnage that people tend to talk about all year!

Cons

As with all recruitment jobs, it's not a 9 to 5 job if you want to get off the starting block. Expect high volumes of phone calls where you're expected to have intelligent and informative conversations with incredibly bright (and sometimes tough to manage) candidates.

Early days as a researcher can be fairly dreary, because you essentially learn the ropes and help senior consultants identify suitable candidates without getting into the technical nitty gritty stuff... This comes once you've learnt the theory and can actually hold your own on the phone, and actually learn how to talk (you'd be amazed at the number of young adults that cannot have an intelligent conversation!)

As a result of the high pressure and also the "not so exciting"early days as a researcher, the high volumes of people that join in a group can dwindle down over the course of a few months... For those who get easily attached it can be a bit of a reality check and a lonely place at the time.

The industry leading commission that nonstop recruitment bangs on about comes once you become a full consultant. Expect to be there with 6-9 months* *subject to commitment and work ethic.

Because of the organic growth structure, it's difficult to get a perspective of what the actual competition is like and who you're really trying to out perform.

To be a top billing consultant target is not easy to hit!

The Christmas party is usually carnage that people tend to talk about all year!