NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A simple and very high commission structure (Many agencies have very complex rules in place) (in 11 reviews)

• Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance - but again, any sales job will have this con (in 4 reviews)

• If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you (in 6 reviews)

"A wrecking ship..."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

After working 2-3 years in a very stressful environment living in a relatively small town in the Czech Republic you could potentially start earning a good salary with commissions, even if still low compared the number of hours worked
    Once a good training, now its level is consistently deteriorating due to both the fear of people leaving because of it and to the shortage of consultants since an alarming number of them is leaving the company every month

Cons

Very low commissions for the first couple of years. You are pushed to work regularly 12 hours everyday and to come to work even at the weekend, you'll live your life through the phone and you will be expected to make something like 80-100 calls and 4-5 hours or more on the phone everyday in a very stressful Orwellian environment where every action and call you make is monitored; this situation doesn't change progressing in your career, in fact it worsens...

The company notoriously had have problems in presenting clearly the contract terms to graduates...making them have unrealistic expectations about salary, accommodation, time required to move from Pardubice office to another and even about the kind of contract offered...

Crucially, the number of people leaving every month is higher than the number of new inexperienced people joining...

All this clearly points to a negative future outlook for the company...

Jan 4, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts. We like to hear what people think as we look to continuously improve.

The training, which you mention was good, has gone from strength to... More

"Starts off bad and gets worse"

Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-opportunity to make loads of money
    -you get a relocation package to Prague
    -accommodation is supplied for first month (but deducted from your salary)
    -overall friendly office with some genuinely great people

Cons

-too much pressure which isn't necessary
    -silly office rules like not looking at emails during 9-5 (email is an essential part of recruitment!) and not reading notes before calls
    -they expect you to do overtime all the time and it is always unpaid
    -cultural differences aren't paid enough attention to in the training programme
    -the computer software is not great by any stretch of the imagination
    -terrible staff retention- 1 out of 4 new recruits stays longer than 3 months
    -you are only valued on how much money you make

Advice to Management

give people more time and more freedom- each market is different so candidates and clients will behave differently. You can't expect them all to behave in the same way.
    Hire more trainers.
    Be more open about why people left - this seriously affects group morale and leads to more people leaving.
    Give team leaders management training - making loads of money doesn't mean you're good at helping others, even if you are given financial rewards to entice you to do it.

"Excellent Training, then make your way away from there."

Former Employee - Market Builder - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Training
    - Excellent Commission Structure
    - Good Career Progression Opportunities

Cons

I want you reader to know that the following is based on my experience and is my opinion:

- Insane Overtime asked: I was questioned several times why I was leaving “earlier” because in the beginning I was leaving the office at 6.00 PM and starting at 8.45 AM; when I replied I did so to have work-life balance, I was said by my team leader that there was no work-life balance there and that some people could take my behaviour as an example to leave earlier. I was shocked and quitted less than a month later. I witnessed people going there on Saturdays and Sundays with the stated purpose to hit their targets as they were not.
    - Very High Turnover: In my group we started we were more than 10 and, after 6 months, probably 3 people remained as I know all the others from my group either quitted or got fired and I witnessed the same with many other people from different other groups.
    - Very High Illness Rate: I experienced a lot of people in my group got sick so often like I have never seen in any company I worked before or afterwards for. I got sick too for a while due to stress.
    - KPIs: I think they were set to be achieved by doing a lot of overtime and many people I met agreed on that. I remember I sometimes cheated to achieve them and avoid the unpaid overtime I feared I would be asked to do.

Overall and considering the factor above, I would recommend a friend of mine to work only for 3 - 6 months to get the knowledge and the training content, then to move to another company to apply what has been learned and have a normal work-life balance.

Advice to Management

I think you should consider your employees as people who need a job and a life, then act consequently.

May 3, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - we appreciate all feedback and we constantly seek to improve.

In this case we feel it is important to note that this is not a career for people... More

"Interesting experience for graduates but shocking salary for long hours"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a recent graduate looking interested in trying recruitment then they are worth contacting Great stepping stone for progressing on to roles with other companies
    Training was of a respectable standard.
    Requirement for all new starters to learn about their industry which is very helpful for when discussing with candidates/clients
    Chance to experience living in a new country
    Friendly environment with helpful colleagues
    Good social life
    Some of the senior management were extremely helpful
    The company finds accommodation for new starters

Cons

Very target driven role, with unrealistic targets which no one in the company ever achieved
    Guidance on how you were meant to achieve these targets generally consisted of a combination put downs and an instruction to "make more calls" even though the calling list had been called through numerous times
    Location is essentially a small city in the middle of nowhere, if you're not willing to travel then it will feel like you are living a very isolated existence
    Salary is so poor it is unreal, I actually lost money with this job
    Many promises were broken
    Promotion 1. takes too long (for the salary you start off with you need to be promoted within a few months to start earning commission, otherwise you will not have enough money to afford food)
    2. is almost impossible to achieve, a small number of people were lucky enough to be promoted but the promotions only started happening after unhappy staff started leaving
    Staff retention is awful, of the people who were there when I was, approximately half have left for other roles, some even leaving with no future role lined up.
    Favouritism between the teams, the team which had the hardest roles to fill NEVER received any rewards/extra incentive, however those who worked on much easier roles were often taken out for company paid meals by their line manager despite not achieving their targets
    You were EXPECTED to work additional hours with no reward or recompense. Staff were pressured to work from 8am - 8pm every day & to work the weekends / bank holidays with no breaks / lunches - if you did decide to eat then you were expected to do so at your desk whilst working
    Atmosphere of do as we say, not as we do from senior staff who regularly would disappear for extended lunch meetings, arrived just before the day started and left as soon as they could most days
    The company charges staff a high rent for the accommodation they set up for new starters in comparison to properties offered by private landlords in the area

Advice to Management

Pay your staff a reasonable wage, don't lie when recruiting new employees, be fair with rewards

Jan 3, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to review NonStop. We appreciate any feedback we can get as we continuously strive to refine and improve our processes. We're glad you enjoyed the location and social life... More

"An Honest Opinion"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

I started there in 2016 as a trainee over in Prague. I found that the training they deliver truly is outstanding and it serves you well not only in this job, but in future professions.

Refusal to hire externally. This IS a good idea. Their trainees become team leaders, managers, directors etc. This is a great thing and should be done more often in other companies.

Cons

Where to begin......

I must say that all comments are completely my own opinion.

Whilst I was there, we had a Questions/Answer session with one of the Directors. We submitted our questions anonymously beforehand. One question was why they ask us to do so much overtime and UNPAID. What really frustrated me was their complete avoidance of answering this question and they gave an answer any politician would be proud of. The Czech Labor Law states that it is illigal to work more than 5 consecutive days in the Czech Republic, yet they are "encouraging" us to work across weekends. If you didn't work on weekends like myself (I had no desire/push to do so) you were looked down upon as a "part-timer".

It sucks the energy from you. After making hundreds of calls a week and working an additional couple of hours every night, you naturally want to relax on a weekend....not work more. Work-Life balance is key. I think, literally a handful of employees were married. It is not a Job for someone with a family. You have no balance at all.

It is hectic environment but feels like a school. You have to have lunch between certain times and you feel bad even making a coffee out of the regulated breaks.

The staff turnover is absolutely astonishing. From the group who started alongside myself, only 2 remain as far as I am aware.

Unprofessional. In my opinion, NonStop is the most Unprofessional Professional company I have come across. You have to dress formally (suits) when there is no need to. Furthermore, the attitude and lifestyles of some of the employees are utterly disgraceful and I can say that they would certainly struggle in most other companies.

Wages. They try to incentivize you to make sales by paying you a very low sum of money per month. It does not work in my opinion at all. The first few months in Prague, your salary is so low you honestly find it difficult to get by.

Advice to Management

Staff retention. If so many people leave, they must be doing something wrong. Look into this and resolve it. Why try and open offices in several locations across the world when you can't completely get things straight in your biggest office currently?

Be more involved. I never felt comfortable being able to go up to the directors for help/advice.

Jul 3, 2017 – Communications Associate

Firstly thanks for highlighting the quality of our training. We are obviously very proud of it and it has proven to support the growth of, and develop some exceptional industry professionals. This... More

"consultant"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

just living in czech republic

Cons

awful salaries, large staff tun over, they sell u a dream and present you with something awful

Advice to Management

listen more and take steps to make employees enjoy working for your organization

Aug 21, 2017 – Communications Associate

While we’re sorry recruitment as a career didn’t work out for you, your review has provided an opportunity for us to clarify some things – firstly the salary…
    25-28,000czk per month when you are... More

"An honest truth"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After reading lots of reviews, i wanted to write an honest article. One which differs from the shameless self promotion of the company, or the extremely negative reviews and false allegations of scam.

Pros- supportive enviroment and friendly staff. Everyone is approachable and helpful. The trainers and workshops really develop you as a recruiter while affording you more time to succeed where as other agencies will expect results or the door in 2 months. Nonstop has allowed people to stay 6-12 months or more with no results (billings) as they see potential in those certain consultants.Staff favouritism may have played a part.

Commisison is great as you get it in pound sterling which translated to cz currency is loads of money in a vastly cheaper country.

Chance to move to other offices.But you must first hit certain targets first. Targets are doable and to be honest, normal days work for a recruiter.

Pardubice- 100k population, nice city, has everything you need and cheaper than the UK. Great for your training period. Being abroad also alows you to form tight bonds with your colleagues and real friendships. Great for after work in what truly is a stressful enviroment.

Good promotion and commission structure. Excellent bonus once you start billing and the company truly has a meritocratic enviroment.

If you can hack working in recruitment and improve you will make money!

Prague is beautiful city and if you are organised you can take advantage of the central european location to travel.

Cons

Very much an orwellian enviroment were all your actions and calls are monitored. They call it 'QA'.

Recruitment is a very stressful job. To succeed you must become a machine. If you cannot hack making 80-100 calls a day and come in on weekends then its not for you. Secondly, all of that and you have to still show great patience, as you may not bill for months even with that hard work. In the end recruitment depends on your candidates performance at interview regardless of the work you put in.

The location - Pardubice, will bore you after a few months, for those coming from big cities eg london, it will shock you in a week or two. Though being here also raises it morale as you see your colleagues everyday, it also lowers it when people get fired and you end up talking about work after work to add to your stress.

High turnover- you will see the majority of your friends or your group leave or go on to compeletely eclipse you. You must have tunnel vision to succeed.

Your development will hinge on the team leader you get as much as your own ability, naturally some will be much better than others.Politics has meant that the more incompetent team leaders of which there at least 3, remain in their posts. Though they are acknowledged as useless.

BUT the czech base wage though good for there is well below minimum wage in the uk. Essentially you are being paid peanuts.

Client calls give new trainees unrealistic expectations of how a BD call will go.

Every thursday there is an extra 2 hours unpaid calling time. 'Early evening focus' a nice way of titling what is essentially free labour for the company.

Likewise new trainees should be briefed before coming over on the earning base wage, time to truly move offices: 8-9 months and other facts of similar ilk.

Advice to Management

Overall, solid. But keep switching team leaders so consultants can learn from everyone and enhance their skills. Remove certain team leaders who are incompetent- Be it their man management or as recruiters. Stop creating a sense of favouritism and look at trainee consultants objectively. Make more social activities with your team outside of work. Lastly improve client calling training, trainees are going in with wool over their eyes and false expectations!

Jan 4, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave such in depth feedback. We appreciate all feedback as we continuously strive to improve.

While we do still have some people in Pardubice, we have significantly... More

"Good company, Hard work."

Pros

Trips abroad, great bonuses and packages.

Cons

Hard work, 8:30-6:30/7:00 work hours. Low salary until you move back to England.

Advice to Management

Living off 25,000czk isn't enough when you have even the slightest phone bill to pay or even to fly home every other month. Maybe review that - it's really hard and really turns people away or forces them to leave. I had to extend my overdraft in England to have money for flights home.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great people to work with
    -great work environment

Cons

-very fast pace
    as with all recruitment jobs there is a lot of stress.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic environment. Friendly team and atmosphere. Really good training to take you to the top. Fast career progression

Cons

Work versus Life Balance is pretty tough. Really long hours. You earn a low income, especially if you need to travel, but great commission scheme. Your effort will pay.

Advice to Management

Young company, young management. Could be slightly more professional, but senior management is wise