NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A simple and very high commission structure (Many agencies have very complex rules in place) (in 11 reviews)

• Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance - but again, any sales job will have this con (in 4 reviews)

• If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you (in 6 reviews)

"Great Opportunity for open minded and driven people"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Training Scheme
    Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically)
    Offices are amazing
    Good locations (Prague and London above all)
    Earning potential
    LEARNING potential (chance to make mistakes and learn from them)
    Become industry experts
    future employability
    International environment
    very social company with sociable people
    company funded and organized events
    Visibility for every seniority (not just senior people)
    Investment in own people
    can become manager in less than 2 years
    a lot of internal support
    can move within offices in Europe
    planning to expand to Asia and America
    very good commissions and company benefits
    meritocratic environment
    lack of glass-ceiling effect (growth is almost unlimited)
    performance management systems in place to help and boost performance
    no need to travel constantly allover Europe
    family-like environment
    a lot of "human" people (also at senior managerial level)
    uncapped commissions

Cons

Long hours
    need to move to Prague to start
    Ego-defying
    Ups and downs (very challenging role)
    Senior management sometimes too far from employees' real needs

Advice to Management

speak more to junior people and tailor your company communication to it
    take on and apply feedback after having completed step one
    raise basic salary of new employees by 5-10%

"consultant"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

just living in czech republic

Cons

awful salaries, large staff tun over, they sell u a dream and present you with something awful

Advice to Management

listen more and take steps to make employees enjoy working for your organization

Aug 21, 2017 – Communications Associate

While we’re sorry recruitment as a career didn’t work out for you, your review has provided an opportunity for us to clarify some things – firstly the salary…
    25-28,000czk per month when you are... More

"Good experience, less development than expected"

Pros

Great people, good initial training, clear targets

Cons

Progression is often rather a change in title and bonus than actual development.

4. "My 4 Year Anniversary around the Corner"

Current Employee - Training and Development Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Do you want a chance to become something… really exceed your own expectations and grow both personally and professionally? NonStop is the Job for you.

Next week, I will have been with NonStop for 4 years, oh how the time flies. I’m going to be honest I was never the most academic person, focusing more on learning practical things and applying them. I didn’t really know what I wanted to do but I knew, I wanted to live abroad, create a stable income for myself but more importantly I wanted to develop and grown myself and my knowledge every day. 4 years on and I still feel that I am doing just that.

Not only have I learnt a lot about what being part of something feels like but the career path I have been put on allows me to learn more about my self day after day and give me skills I can learn and use outside of work. It has not been easier but things that are worth having aren’t, otherwise everyone would have them.

Work hard, focus on how you can be the best you can be and you will be successful if you take on the feedback you need to grow.

Cons

You need to work to reap the rewards. Its all up to you.

5. "NonStop is een professionele familie!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NonStop is niet zomaar een bedrijf, het is veel meer dan dat. Ze steken zoveel energie in de sfeer tussen de collega's zodat je je direct thuis voelt. De communicatie gaat hierdoor heel vlot en het is gemakkelijker om positieve resultaten te bereiken. Blijf zo doorgaan!

Cons

In mijn ogen niets. Daarom dat ik hier blijf werken.

"Great community spirit, development & career progression, skills & friends which last for life."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People join for different reasons, or find themselves being motivated by different aspects of the experience over time.
    At the start, the training & development can be seen as the most valuable, coming in with no work experience and developing some of the most useful, transferable skills, such as negotiation, sales and business development.
    The chance to live abroad and experience Prague/Europe is also pretty unique, not many companies would offer relocation assistance to graduates without experience.
    Later the financial rewards coming from being successful, which is much higher than most standard roles not requiring a specific background, or even other recruitment firms.
    Recognition from clients & candidates also became a big drive for performing in the job - it's a positive experience to match someone to a role they really like.
    Finally the community itself, which celebrates everyone's success and pushes every individual to give their best is probably one of most unique I've seen/heard from any other company and is probably one of the major reasons retention remains high for those who have worked at NonStop for more than a year or so.

Cons

Roles requiring alot of communication and pro-activity do not suit everyone. Potential applicants need to really think about their strengths & weaknesses and if they are really up to the challenge. If so, the rewards are the limitless.
    Development & support are available throughout but motivation, perseverance & resilience are needed to do well in this job - people without this will most likely struggle. Ability to take feedback is also key, otherwise development is impossible.

Advice to Management

Management team is strong, advice would just to keep listening to employees and keep being creative in their approach to keeping people motivated. The communication of business strategy is also something working well and should continue.

"An Honest Opinion"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

I started there in 2016 as a trainee over in Prague. I found that the training they deliver truly is outstanding and it serves you well not only in this job, but in future professions.

Refusal to hire externally. This IS a good idea. Their trainees become team leaders, managers, directors etc. This is a great thing and should be done more often in other companies.

Cons

Where to begin......

I must say that all comments are completely my own opinion.

Whilst I was there, we had a Questions/Answer session with one of the Directors. We submitted our questions anonymously beforehand. One question was why they ask us to do so much overtime and UNPAID. What really frustrated me was their complete avoidance of answering this question and they gave an answer any politician would be proud of. The Czech Labor Law states that it is illigal to work more than 5 consecutive days in the Czech Republic, yet they are "encouraging" us to work across weekends. If you didn't work on weekends like myself (I had no desire/push to do so) you were looked down upon as a "part-timer".

It sucks the energy from you. After making hundreds of calls a week and working an additional couple of hours every night, you naturally want to relax on a weekend....not work more. Work-Life balance is key. I think, literally a handful of employees were married. It is not a Job for someone with a family. You have no balance at all.

It is hectic environment but feels like a school. You have to have lunch between certain times and you feel bad even making a coffee out of the regulated breaks.

The staff turnover is absolutely astonishing. From the group who started alongside myself, only 2 remain as far as I am aware.

Unprofessional. In my opinion, NonStop is the most Unprofessional Professional company I have come across. You have to dress formally (suits) when there is no need to. Furthermore, the attitude and lifestyles of some of the employees are utterly disgraceful and I can say that they would certainly struggle in most other companies.

Wages. They try to incentivize you to make sales by paying you a very low sum of money per month. It does not work in my opinion at all. The first few months in Prague, your salary is so low you honestly find it difficult to get by.

Advice to Management

Staff retention. If so many people leave, they must be doing something wrong. Look into this and resolve it. Why try and open offices in several locations across the world when you can't completely get things straight in your biggest office currently?

Be more involved. I never felt comfortable being able to go up to the directors for help/advice.

Jul 3, 2017 – Communications Associate

Firstly thanks for highlighting the quality of our training. We are obviously very proud of it and it has proven to support the growth of, and develop some exceptional industry professionals. This... More

"Joining NonStop was the best decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Training - everyone starts in the same position as a trainee, regardless of what you've done in the past. Everything is transparent in terms of what you need to do to get to the next step, both to yourself and to everyone else so no matter what sort of help you need, there is someone there who can give it to you.

People - NonStop puts a lot of effort into finding the right people to join us. In the 5 years I've been here for, I've only seem a handful of people who didn't seem right for the business. The Assessment Day also gives you a full opportunity to learn about the business to decide if it's going to be the right fit for you, as well as for us.

Environment - I've been lucky enough to work in 3 of the offices we have - Pardubice, Prague and London. It doesn't matter which location you chose to work in, the atmosphere and the people are brilliant. The Prague office is the biggest by far which is fun to be in and rewarding in that you are working in the same office as the trainees who you can watch develop. The London office is a bit smaller but the people there tend to be more experienced so the vibe is a bit quieter and focused.

Culture - NonStop hires people from everywhere and doesn't discriminate on any accounts. Part of the reason I enjoy coming to work everyday is because on my table of 7 people, there is 1 British, 2 French, 2 Dutch, 1 Bulgarian and 1 Swiss. I feel I would be a very different person today had I not had the opportunity to learn from people across so many different nationalities and cultures.

Rewards - the career path of a Sales Consultant is very defined and your eligibility for promotion has nothing to do with the time you have been in the business for. It's purely on your success and meeting the criteria which is laid out for you from your first day of being here. I have progressed faster than others who have been in the business longer than I have and the same is true for people who have been here less time than me. You get out what you put in and if you're not afraid to make mistakes and ask for help, you'll go a long way.

Self Development - NonStop offers you the opportunity to learn things about yourself not just professionally but personally as well. This isn't just a job where you're just a number - the management generally care about each individual reaching their full potential. It took me 2.5 years to become a Team Leader, others have done this in just under 11 months and for some it took a bit longer. A lot of the motivation actually comes from the transparency of the management. They actively tell everyone about the future plans for the business and how we can play a part in that. They understand the motivation of their staff is one of the most important things to achieve these plans and as a sales force, we are committed to helping them achieve these goals as well.

NonStop was the first job I had from University and accepting the offer to join them back in 2012 was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Cons

Feedback - if you can't take it, this job isn't right for you. You get feedback in bucket loads here and it's not always going to be positive. Sometimes you need to hear that you need to change, grow up, start being operationally mature etc. and you need to be able to take that on board otherwise you'll completely plateau and others will rise above.

Commission - you won't be earning shed loads of cash straight away. You have to work for it and it may take you 9/10 months (even a year) before you start seeing big pay checks. That might mean staying late in the office or coming in at the weekend. No one forces you to do it but the ones who want to succeed the quickest generally will. Recruitment isn't a get rich quick scheme but if you put the work in and are smart with it, the rewards will start rolling in.

Advice to Management

Never lose the transparency you have with the staff.

"Excellent Training, then make your way away from there."

Former Employee - Market Builder - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Training
    - Excellent Commission Structure
    - Good Career Progression Opportunities

Cons

I want you reader to know that the following is based on my experience and is my opinion:

- Insane Overtime asked: I was questioned several times why I was leaving “earlier” because in the beginning I was leaving the office at 6.00 PM and starting at 8.45 AM; when I replied I did so to have work-life balance, I was said by my team leader that there was no work-life balance there and that some people could take my behaviour as an example to leave earlier. I was shocked and quitted less than a month later. I witnessed people going there on Saturdays and Sundays with the stated purpose to hit their targets as they were not.
    - Very High Turnover: In my group we started we were more than 10 and, after 6 months, probably 3 people remained as I know all the others from my group either quitted or got fired and I witnessed the same with many other people from different other groups.
    - Very High Illness Rate: I experienced a lot of people in my group got sick so often like I have never seen in any company I worked before or afterwards for. I got sick too for a while due to stress.
    - KPIs: I think they were set to be achieved by doing a lot of overtime and many people I met agreed on that. I remember I sometimes cheated to achieve them and avoid the unpaid overtime I feared I would be asked to do.

Overall and considering the factor above, I would recommend a friend of mine to work only for 3 - 6 months to get the knowledge and the training content, then to move to another company to apply what has been learned and have a normal work-life balance.

Advice to Management

I think you should consider your employees as people who need a job and a life, then act consequently.

May 3, 2017 – Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - we appreciate all feedback and we constantly seek to improve.

In this case we feel it is important to note that this is not a career for people... More

"Recruiter"

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great commission structure, fast career progression, young environment, very dynamic and there is always a new project to work on, strong training to guarantee you will be successful as this is also the interest of the company, approachable management and great rewards when the company hits the target

Cons

work never ends- you need to be willing to put in serious commitment and work overtime or during the weekends, stressful environment- you manage important clients, unpredictability- you can't always guarantee that you will see the results of your efforts, it takes will and mental strength to always stay positive

Advice to Management

Try to narrow pressure, I feel like sometimes there is too much extra stress for the employees, which isn't necessary. Try to respect the differences in everybody's market specifics and offer more flexibility on how to tackle those- give more tailored training or advise because different clients require a different approach. Also, there are days when everyone does the same thing but it isn't necessary relevant or priority for all of us.

Keep up the great atmosphere, I think employees look up to the managers because they are all young and work hard.