NonStop Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
NonStop Recruitment Founder Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A simple and very high commission structure (Many agencies have very complex rules in place) (in 11 reviews)

• Career progression (opportunity to move horizontally and vertically) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It is difficult to have a real work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• If you want an easy 9-5, then recruitment is not for you (in 7 reviews)

1. "They care!"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Let me start with the most important part: this is a company that actually cares about their employees. If you have any kind of issues, whether that be personal or work-related, you can speak to nearly anyone about it. They're all very willing to help and they will go above and beyond to help you as well as they can.

The reward structure is pretty decent from the start. In your training stage, you will get a fairly small reward, but still very decent considering you're not actually making money for the company yet.

The training and development that you get from day 1 is extremely comprehensive and all geared towards your future. You can expect regular feedback on how to improve, and what else you need to improve on in order for you to advance to the next stage.

TL;DR: It's a great company, you will get all the support you need, both for your personal and your work life, and you will be rewarded very well for your efforts. You will need to work hard, and make some sacrifices, but in the end it will be worth it.

Cons

The job is hard, don't underestimate this! Your motivation will drop at one point, but it will also shoot back up. It's like a roller coaster, you will have horrible days, and you will have amazing days.
    If this is something you can deal with, this could very well be a great career for you!

Advice to Management

Don't change a winning team.

2. "Worst Company"

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

The company has no pros

Cons

Worst Environment i have ever seen

3. "Senior Consultant"

Pros

Best trainig, best development possibilities, great bonus structure, people you work with are your frineds not your colleagues

Cons

It is a sales job, if you are not ready to work hard towards your success, you will not get out what you want

4. "Activity"

Pros

Very good training offered to graduates, teaches you everything you need to know about the industry and also promotes discipline.

Cons

Poor management, very young employees at a specific moment in the company's development that didn't promote a healthy environment in which you can learn and grow as a professional.

"Awful Company - There are easier ways to almost be eligible for food stamps"

Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at NonStop Recruitment gave me just about enough experience and recruitment knowledge to land a proper job after: I'm very thankful for that.

Big emphasis on training & development, I learned quite a bit

Cons

Where do I start ?

Insane turnover: so many people leave. Yes, a sales-driven environment is not for everyone, and those who realize that leave. However, I don’t know a single person there who genuinely enjoyed the job there. People leave and get fired all the time. Which brings me to this point: no job security whatsoever. If the company feels like you’ve done something wrong, or that you’re no longer valuable/an asset, you WILL be pushed out.

Structure: everything you do is decided beforehand. First hour in the morning is calling, so everyone needs to “call call call”. 10 to 12 is BD (Business Development), so you have to do Cold Calling. 12 to 1pm is admin time. 2pm to 3pm is again calling time. “Come on man, you gotta be on the phone”, “PICK UP THE PHONES GUYS, let’s call !!”. It doesn’t matter if you feel like there is something more productive you should be doing: it’s NonStop’s way or the highway. It's a call center, basically. Things get quite boring and old very quickly, especially when you’re not the one that decides how to plan your day. At some point it feels like your brain is turned off, and you can't use it. How do they ensure that you’re doing everything the way they want you to do them? Sales meetings. During those, you need to tell them what you’ve done and what you’ll do later, and they’ll correct you if it doesn’t fit the daily structure, which brings me to my next point: monitoring.

Constant monitoring: Everything you do is recorded and monitored. Number of calls, time spent on the phone, who you called, which number, how many times you’ve called those numbers, what you say during the calls. I once had a “QA report” of my whole afternoon. “2:05pm to 2:20pm: on the phone with a client / 2:20pm to 2:30pm: no activity / etc…”. They had monitored my whole afternoon, it was ridiculous.

Work/Life balance: Forget about it. You’re expected to work extremely hard, you HAVE to put in extra hours, even during the weekends. They don’t explicitly tell you to, but it’s expected. Basic salary is quite low, especially now as cost of living is rising in Prague. You’re essentially working long hard hours for peanuts, hanging onto the hope that in a year or two, this will all have been worth it. For every success story of trainee who made it to Team Leader in a year and is now knee-deep in money, you have 30 stories of people who are barely making a decent living or are close to getting fired.

Career progression: If you’re successful, you can advance in your career very quickly at NonStop. However, your job doesn’t actually change. Once you get to Team Leader, you will have people in your team that you need to coach and develop, but your job remains essentially the same: call clients, call candidates, make money. The job title changes (Market Builder to Consultant to Senior Consultant to Team Leader to Associate Director) but the job in itself does not change at all.

The actual company: Before joining, you must understand something. You’re not important at all. Unless you’re billing thousands for the company, you’re very much expendable, and the company can fire you. If you want a company that cares about you, this unfortunately isn’t it. NonStop is very good at selling, the adverts that you read, or the conversations that you have with recruiters, will make it sound like one of the best companies to work at. With all due respect, it most definitely isn’t.

To conclude: if you’re a graduate who can’t get a job in recruitment anywhere else, you should consider it: the experience and knowledge about recruitment will benefit you. If you aren’t…don’t, just don’t. Turn around and run.

Dec 6, 2017 – Managing Director

I travel a lot and often look at various hotel reviews and responses online. It often paints an amusing picture if you have the time to read through and you realise that the reviewer hasn’t been... More

"Best Training in Recruitment?"

Former Employee - Market Builder in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Builder in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training programme allows you to not only gain the basic skills in recruitment but helps you to understand why those skills are useful so you can get the theory behind it and really be able to help the candidates you are talking to. With constant monitoring with QA you are able to perfect and learn and hear from your mistakes instead of learning from someone telling you what you did wrong which I found the most helpful and helped me to succeed.

Great team atmosphere. With out of work activities moving to another country isn't scary at all. Everyone is made to feel welcome. Everyone has moved abroad for this job so they can all give you advice on starting you career at nonstop.

Great location in Prague. The offices are amazing ad a good location for public transport. You are also able to live in some of the cheaper areas of Prague away from the more expensive Prague 1. Even though this is still very close so still great for socialising after work.

If you decide to leave NonStop their training is known within other recruitment companies so it's easy to get a job after as people know you have been given great training.

Career progression is great. But only once you've passed the training which can be slow for some.

Cons

Even though the training is one of the best things theres still not enough support from the trainers themselves. Because of the size of people joining. I was a group of 40 and I could see them struggling. Not only do they employee a lot of people but they do this every month! So sometimes you are made to feel like you have to hurry along so that the next group can come in. I noticed that this made it harder for previous groups to progress. They say it takes 3 months to complete training but i know a lot of people that didn't achieve this. I'd suggest hiring every 3 months so that you can really focus on one training group at a time.

The wages aren't great at all. With most companies in Prague offering meal vouchers I'm not sure why NonStop doesn't. The relocation package helps but after that you're on your own and realistically you won't be earning any decent commission for at least a year. Everyone in my training group was borrowing money from their parents or friends. Make sure you have savings before coming out.

Be careful they like to brag about their success stories but with even more people joining all the time the successful people aren't many. Don't get sucked in by the chance to one day get a Ferrari. You have to work really hard to get there! It has taken some people 4 years and others 10. Everyone is different.

Commission! I've worked in recruitment before this and i still work in recruitment. The commission is great because you can earn in pounds or euros depending on your market. But I've still seen better percentage in other companies. It's nothing special, average. The gold billers bonuses are a meal out each month and a yearly trip. Other companies offer quarterly trips and weekly gold bonuses. So again good but pretty average as there are better offers out there.

Advice to Management

Focus on new trainees before bringing in a new group.
    Be more realistic when talking to new employees. Don't just talk about the success, talk about the people that struggled but overcome it.
    Check out the competition.
    Allow people time to grow. You have great training in recruitment! but because it's more complex than there companies I think it would be better if people had the 3 months to train before another group join and the trainers are over stretched. Especially when one is sick, then the trainees can go days without feedback!
    Update and give the company a makeover. E.G Rec Room. Weekly training videos with top tips, or going over what you learn in training for the whole company to see. Ways to catch up or revise training session like you can with uni lectures.

Nov 22, 2017 – Head of Training & Development

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Firstly I’m glad to see that you enjoyed the training and are continuing to find it useful. It’s true that our programme is relatively well known throughout the... More

"Very sales driven environment - Not for everyone - Call Centre like"

Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Market Researcher in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time

Pros

Good social environment, Frequent company outings, dinners etc.

Cons

Quite low salary initially even for Czech Republic, 50 calls per day, Tough KPI's, time consuming promotion structure, high level of supervision by team leaders

Nov 16, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, and we’re glad to hear you thought our social environment is good. In this case, your review also gives us a chance to clarify things, particularly for... More

"Ambitious and Hard working - then yes NonStop is for you"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it pays off - you do have to put long hours in at first and really learn and take feedback as well as apply it
    Prague - for some it's great destination - but I get it others may like different locations - you need to count that you will be in Prague up to a year
    training - these guys know their stuff and they can train you - of course if your motivation is there in a first place
    cool international environment - company is at the moment going through massive growth, Italians, French, Spanish, other Europeans, Dutch and Germans are all at NS. So if you more reserved or party animal - you will find your crowd
    money - basic is as it's called - basic and it's still good they actually pay you for first few months where you really only an investment from NS side - however they do train you so that if you believe in it your chance to be successful is so much higher

Cons

well yes long hours - but again I don't know anybody who earns 6 figures salary and works 40h a week
    growing business - growth hurts and it is chaotic - you really need to be flexible as things change on daily basis and you sometimes will be asked to go with the flow

Advice to Management

Work load is crazy on occasion maybe a bit more organisation would be good - but again business is growing.

"Rewarding career opportunities through hard work and an open mind."

Current Employee - Director in Zug (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Director in Zug (Switzerland)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High rewards reflective of the work that you put in.
    Meritocratic culture with little need for experience to be able to succeed.
    An organisation that see's raw talent and develops it, regardless of age, ethnicity or who you know. Results matter here and the company has an interest to develop it. I can talk from experience having joined as a graduate aged 22 and being provided a platform to determine my own income and career path through the hard work I put in.
    Fantastic training
    Not your typical corporate company where you can only progress if somebody leaves.
    Ample of opportunity
    Innovative thinking finding new ways of doing things.
    Approachable and friendly staff.
    Not a typical sales culture which can often involve back stabbing. That doesn't exist here and is stamped out .
    Once you have mastered the ropes, having a work life balance and still receiving high rewards is relatively simple to achieve. I talk from experience.

Cons

This is a company with high ambitions, so as with anything in life, to succeed here you need to have some element of ambition. Whether it be an ambition to just help the candidates you represent or am ambition to be the best. If you are looking for a 9-5 job where you are not encouraged to realise your true potential, this is not the company for you.
    The company does not want to be the typical boring organisation where to progress, it takes a Manager or Director after 15 years to leave for anybody to step up. NonStop strives to be the best and in order to do that, they strive to train and develop the best. For some, this can be a type of encouragement (some argue pressure) they don't like. So it will not suit somebody who wants an easy life. You get what you put in.
    If you are like the majority of the world and just want to cruise by on a basic salary - not only is this company not for you, a sales environment is not for you.
    The job is hard work but that is balanced out by what you receive back (by some margin).

Advice to Management

Being one of the Directors and so part of management, my review will of course be bias. Its important to state that so you can take this into account when reading my review. I have nothing to hide.
    The truth is, I came in as a Trainee and worked my way through. That meant I once didn't understand why the company did things certain ways - once I understood why and was exposed to things that made me realise why, that made it easier to relate to the management at the time.
    This is not a position that suits everyone but if I compare myself to many others at my age, it is fair to say I am miles ahead. Not just financially and that isn't what it is all about anyway. In many other ways - I have learnt to recruit, learnt to manage, worked to help people but also learnt how to grow and run a business. I have been exposed to many things that have helped shape my behaviours in my personal life and that is in a positive way. Everybody will have a positive and negative to say about everything. Nothing is perfect. However, if you come with an open mind and realise nothing in life is handed to you on a plate - then this is a company for you.

"Great learning school - Terrible company culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely amazing training. You learn all the ins and outs of the recruitment job. Even after the initial training period you keep receiving feedback and tips to develop yourself every week. I am up to this day for all the training and thanks to that experience, I was now able to get a much better job.

Cons

Before I started they told me a lot of stories, of which very few were true or realistic. For example. Salary is low, but cost of living too. Not true, Prague is expensive if you live from the base salary they offer.

Company culture is very political. It is all about going out with the right people. If you work hard, but are an outsider, you will not be noticed. They raise people to manager who have no soft skills whatsoever and expect those 'managers' to just learn this by themselves. Same with other higher management, many with an arrogant attitude because they are good in hitting targets.

No respect for work-life balance. I was forced to stay for sales meetings at 18.30 or 19.00, standard. You are expected to work in weekends as well. I got a heavy burnout. Then fell into a heavy depression. When I was finally getting better I was asked to leave the company.

Advice to Management

If you want to grow, try to respect the employees a bit more. And rewards those who want to contribute to the company, instead those who want to win only for themselves.

Oct 26, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks or taking the time to leave a review, and we’re glad to hear you think so highly of our training programme. However, we also feel we need to clarify a few things.
    The salary is exactly as... More