Nonlinear Creations Reviews | Glassdoor

Nonlinear Creations Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2017

4.1
Nonlinear Creations CEO Shannon Ryan (no image)
Shannon Ryan

"Nice place to learn Sitecore"

Current Employee - Mid-Level Sitecore Developer in Florianópolis, Santa Catarina

I have been working at Nonlinear Creations full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work from home sometimes, you have a certain flex time, nice team, nice people, a relaxing working climate, nice coffee machine, people (including the chiefs) are very open and supportive.

Cons

You'll feel a lack of sense of direction in your career, sometimes there is miscommunication between the offices (the management in one office says one thing while the management in other office says otherwise). Despite of that, it's still a nice place to work on.

Advice to Management

Maybe it's time to modernize the ways things are communicated, perhaps use an intranet to write the company's policies, rules and exceptions. A career plan with biweekly reviews is a plus. The possibility to relocation to other countries would be awesome!

Nonlinear Creations2017-07-07

"A bit behind"

I worked at Nonlinear Creations

Pros

Nice staff and some interesting projects in some rare cases. Some very smart team members.

Cons

Not well run in many ways. Services out of date and some strange clients.

Nonlinear Creations2017-06-26
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Excelent Company"

I have been working at Nonlinear Creations full-time

Pros

Linear Hierarchy, Great Team Members, one of the Best Companies than I have worked.

Cons

Nothing. Just more trainings for the Emplyes.

Nonlinear Creations2017-03-13
  5. "A Rockstar Incubator"

I have been working at Nonlinear Creations full-time

Pros

1 - The people. Learn from brilliant, experienced minds who work for the love of their work, passionate about client outcomes. Reputation as a trusted advisor to many of their clients. 2 - New and different clients and business problems to solve provides exposure to many industries and verticals. 3 - You have to opportunity to accelerate on merit and attitude. The sky is the limit. Entrepreneurial mindset is... appreciated and nurtured.

Cons

1 - Demands the ability to deal with ambiguity (this can be a pro for some people) 2 - Because the business is always evolving, the amount of support and structure is always shifting, which can be difficult to manage. Still start-up mentality after 20 years in business. 3 - Internal communication can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Find ways to reach out to and engage more fresh talent, and let people get to know Nonlinear earlier on in the pipeline. More people should have a chance to see whether or not the company is a fit for them, earlier.

Nonlinear Creations2016-08-22

"Poor management"

Information Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at Nonlinear Creations for more than a year

Pros

Mostly great people to work with, other than a couple of exceptions. Good work environment. Interesting projects and a good learning experience for people new in the industry who are building their resume.

Cons

Very poor management, way too many VPs and directors for such a small company, inexperienced managers, with no real management skills, who get promoted from within for no valid reason. No way up for most people within the company. Poor pay and mediocre benefits.

Advice to Management

Hire professional managers with real people management experience. Create a plan and stick to it for the long term instead of switching direction every so often.

Nonlinear Creations2016-01-15
  7. "Developer"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Nonlinear Creations full-time

Pros

Very dinamic and good place to work. Full of talented people.

Cons

Coffee machine could be better

Nonlinear Creations2015-09-17
  8. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Project Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nonlinear Creations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great workplace culture, flexible work environment, talented colleagues, customer-focused, stimulating projects

Cons

I can't think of any red flags

Nonlinear Creations2014-06-17

"Great agency with an emphasis on smarts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Nonlinear Creations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent strategy, high profile clients, experienced management and senior staff

Cons

Multiple locations can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Need to make sure that the excellent culture is nurtured across all locations.

Nonlinear Creations2014-02-17

"A fantastic place to work..."

Current Employee - Designer in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Nonlinear Creations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at nlc are amazing. You are challenged in a way that is positive, productive and fun. Although there's always a lot to do and the timelines can be tight, the management team always allowed me to set my own schedule. The importance nlc places on balance in work and in life is refreshing. Finally, I was always challenged at non-linear; I am without a doubt better at my job today because of what I... learned at non-linear.

Cons

Travel. As a global organization, sometimes travel was necessary and if you're not a fan of hotels and plane food, it van get tiring.

Advice to Management

Don't get complacent. When things are going well, it's easy to settle. Success throughout an organization can take years and years but if things start to deteriorate they deteriorate quickly.

Nonlinear Creations2014-02-12

"This company will bring out the best in you"

Former Employee - Developer in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Nonlinear Creations full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Awesome work atmosphere with a fun, supportive culture. Cutting edge technologies and practices means there's always something new to learn. Success as a team is highly encouraged. Management is extremely approachable and truly cares what you think. Initiative is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Fast-paced, dynamic environment that can be somewhat challenging when first starting out.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and supportive as you've always been.

Nonlinear Creations2014-02-11