KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.6
Noodles & Company Chief Executive Officer   Dave Boennighausen
Dave Boennighausen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people organized and well set up(in 99 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and meshed well.(in 72 reviews)
  • "Company has been good to me for several years and flexible hours even as a manager.(in 60 reviews)
  • "Most locations give free food to employees who have given at least three years of their life to this company.(in 44 reviews)
  • "good work environment for younger kids(in 41 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management but overall just needs a little help(in 123 reviews)
  • "Low pay for non managment workers which makes is hard to keep and develop quality employees for advancement.(in 110 reviews)
  • "They don't encourage growth and becoming a manager to any of us.(in 67 reviews)
  • "Upper management is completely clueless and it would appear that they have no idea how to turn around this obviously imploding company.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Whenever it is busy, team members may get frustrated and say harsh things.(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Noodles & Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Noodles is all about being a part of a team

Aug 22, 2021 - Line Cook/Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Shortly after joining the noodles team you're part of a family. Rarely is someone left out of the team atmosphere. The managers have always been super flexible with my availability and time off requests (at the multiple locations I've worked at). Promoting up is pretty easy if you have the drive for it.

Cons

Pay as a team member is capped at $12 so to make more you need to promote up. Working in a kitchen is always busy/always on your feet

Noodles & Company Response

Hello, Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we are so happy to hear that you see our company culture reflected in your daily experience. We hope that you will continue to grow and develop with us!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It's a good place to work

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, cooperative managers, and flexible work schedules

Cons

There is no con, but it really depends on how committee you are to your responsibilities

Noodles & Company Response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and hope that you will continue to grow with us.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Jun 30, 2022 - Shift Manager in Centennial, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Depends on the location but in general we got free meals, tips on top of our hourly, and accruing pay time off if you were a shift manager or above. Being a general manager or assistant manager comes with more benefits.

Cons

Obviously each location differs the staff at my location was mostly great. However, the company itself was really never involved. The area manager would come around from time to time but never actually really helped. The regional manager would just come in with smiles but again no actual help lol. By the time I left it was so understaffed.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Noodles

Jul 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and Company values are great and they are always looking to add new perks for the team members.

Cons

The kitchen can be warm in the summer

5. 4.0

pretty good

Jun 22, 2022 - Noodler in Kalamazoo, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy work and would be able to eat food a lot

Cons

pay was average would get burned sometimes

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love This Company! They Love Life!

Feb 16, 2022 - Ambassador in Grandview, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

My last review of my current job at Noodles & Company, was not good. I want to write a more Positive one! It's been 4 Mos & I'm thrilled to say that I voiced my grievances & they responded Positively! I Love the Food here! I Love the people I work with and for! They're very flexible with you & hours. They offer great Benefits. Move up quickly if you prove yourself capable. Corporate sends Treats to make you feel Appreciated. They Love Kids & Families. They help employees. They accept diversity. It's a Fun environment. It's an easy job and it can become very fast paced.

Cons

Pay isn't competitive. I begged for the Rate I got & every person hired after me is making the same thing. I'm more qualified than some. No Review or Raise after 90 Days. No Cash Tips. They give you the Hours you ask for, your first month; but they become less & less as more people are hired, it seems...

Noodles & Company Response

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave an updated review. We are happy to hear that the majority of your concerns have been addressed! We reevaluate our pay rates and other incentives several times a year and will be sure to take your thoughts into consideration for the next review period.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place

Jun 14, 2022 - Server/Waiter in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, flexible hours and great management

Cons

Owners are not good but are never there so its not to bad

8. 3.0

It was alright

Jun 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Happy Valley, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Got breaks and most employees were nice.

Cons

Some managers and employees were very aggressive

9. 2.0

Dont care about workers

Jun 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

they tried to offer flexible hours

Cons

the people did not care about safety

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was a fun environment

May 24, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

My coworkers and boss were very friendly and helpful people despite the mistakes I would make, they were patient when dealing with me. I made good memories there and the place felt almost like a second home.

Cons

The restaurant can get kind of dirty especially with the carpet flooring which was awful to sweep at.

Noodles & Company Response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we are so happy to hear that you saw our company culture reflected in your daily experience and that you were able to make positive memories with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,647 Reviews

Noodles & Company Reviews FAQs

Noodles & Company has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,667 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Noodles & Company to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Noodles & Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Noodles & Company. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

63% of Noodles & Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Noodles & Company 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Noodles & Company to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Noodles & Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Noodles & Company? Share Your Experiences

Noodles & Company Careers

Cover image for Noodles & Company

It began in 1995 with a simple concept—serve fresh food fast. Something that was virtually unheard of at the time. Fast forward to the...More

• Working Here
  • Perks
  • Awards
  • Forward Momentum

Company Updates

46 days ago

Culture
Noodles is officially one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity, and #1 in the Restaurant category! This is our 2nd year in a row on this fantastic list. We pride ourselves on creating and maintaining an inclusive workspace for all. Making this list by Forbes is the cherry on top… or should we say the cheese on top
Shared image

101 days ago

Culture
Noodles and Company is excited to share our first annual Impact Report! Since the first bowl of noodles we served in 1995, we have committed ourselves to fresh ingredients and a fresh perspective for caring for our team members and communities. Our first impact report outlines the key initiatives we have taken to curate a menu with bold flavors, activate industry-leading people benefits, and care for the communities and planet we call home. We are proud to make the world a better place one bowl at a time. Thank you for coming to sit at our table.
Shared image - Nourish & Inspire | Noodles & Company
Nourish & Inspire | Noodles & Company
www.noodles.com

Noodles & Company Photos

+ Add Photo
Noodles & Company photo of: Our Team Members Matter
Noodles & Company photo of: Learn fresh skills to show off to your friends and family!
Noodles & Company photo of: We lean on our team at Noodles
Noodles & Company photo of: Behind the scenes sneak peak of Noodles kitchen
Noodles & Company photo of: Expand your palate and try something new today!
Noodles & Company photo of: Here at Noodles, we train you in skills to flex in work and in life.
Noodles & Company photo of: Spice it up with a spicy penne rosa bowl.