Noom Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 24, 2019

4.4
Saeju Jeong and Artem Petakov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love being able to work from home, and having flexibility in my schedule - all while doing something I’m incredibly passionate about" (in 16 reviews)

• "Noom truly cares about its employees' work/life balance" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Still considered a start-up company" (in 4 reviews)

• "there are no cons that I have yet found" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Amazing place to work out"

I worked at Noom part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the environment I was in. Everyone should work here

Cons

the con is this review on here.

"A company that actually cares"

Current Employee - Remote Health Coach in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Remote Health Coach in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set your own hours, 100% remote, management listens to the little guy, you are encouraged to ask questions and ask for help, opportunities for advancement, the company is transparent with it's employees and genuinely cares about employee happiness.

Cons

Sometimes the day-to-day work can get repetitive

"Wants you to do MORE for free"

Former Employee - Remote Health Coach in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Remote Health Coach in New York, NY

I worked at Noom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home/ in your pajamas
    Make you own schedule between 7am-7pm of your time zone
    Open to you making mistakes and learning from them

Cons

Micro managing, constantly from Supervisors needed to tell people when you take lunch or are away from your dashboard for more than 2 hours.
    Says you can make your own schedule but aren't allowed to have more then 2 hour gaps in between that 7am-7pm window even if you have kids (need to pick them up, etc.)
    Transparency has gone down (used to know whenever a coach was leaving, now they've just been disappearing)
    Large disconnect between HQ workers and Remote workers
    Lots of unnecessary mandatory meetings
    Encourages coaches to have lunch during meetings or while they work (despite telling their users otherwise) rather than take their 1 hour lunch breaks.
    There's a large sense of "Compassion Fatigue" in the company.
    1:1 Coaches can expect a high of 200-600 users AT A TIME.
    Group Coaches can expect 20 groups with 30 users in each group (600 users at once)
    Lack of individual appreciation or acknowledgement with the coaching team growing so fast - barely anyone knows anyone anymore.
    Some Veteran coaches have power issues and talk down to other coaches if they don't get what they want.
    This company is still considered a start-up despite being around for more than 8 years now? (maybe 10?)
    Allows you to join/create other Quest/Guilds in the company but you'd be doing a lot of extra work (research, meetings, etc) for FREE. No extra compensation. You're expected to fit it between coaching hundreds of users,

Very small pay raise each year, and even if you get leadership roles, they're still not live-able wages. Most people in the company, even those in HQ have 2-3 jobs.

Advice to Management

Become profitable and pay your remote coaches more. A lot of them are trying to support their children and dreams. They really love the company enough and believe in it's mission that they're trying to make this job work but at the same time this job is running them dry and leaving a lot of people depressed. Constantly having compassion fatigue meetings isn't helping, it's just a bandage to the issue. T shirts and Offsites are cool but supporting their livelyhood would be better.

Please get a customer service team where users can contact them through phone! This company does a lot of good but has a bad image thinking it's just a scam because it's so difficult to reach!

Experiments are cool, but also remember that you're playing with peoples goals and lives at that expense. If the experiment goes wrong those users should be focused on more to help them get back on track. THEY DON'T KNOW THEY'RE BEING EXPERIMENTED ON.

Also TGIF is almost pointless for remote workers and these surveys are getting out of hand. Friends or Seinfeld? Really?

"Really positive place"

Current Employee - Remote Health Coach
    Current Employee - Remote Health Coach

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is lighthearted, fast, encouraging, and super trusting. You’re encouraged to ask questions, be genuine, and give an opinion- how many companies do that anymore?!

Cons

The pay is low, but they make it clear that they are hiring for a limited skill set, and they simply don’t pay for unnecessary skills you may bring. It sounds harsh, but they are super transparent

5. "Fantastic, dream place to work!"

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach in Remote, OR

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours (within reason), excellent benefits, fantastic co-workers!

Cons

none. This is an awesome place to work!

Advice to Management

keep Noomin!

6. "Wonderful Company!"

Current Employee - Virtual Health Coach in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Virtual Health Coach in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are SUPER flexible and your coworkers are really supportive. You have so many resources, you will not be blind sided on this job. You are prepared for the job well during training and I seriously love doing what I do. There is a lot of information to take in, but they reiterate a lot and they really respect your time.

Cons

Pay, but honestly, it's worth it working here!
    It kinda sucks that we don't get insurance until after 90 days but it's not the worst thing in the world!

"Surprisingly awesome agency to work for!"

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I took this job, I assumed it was essentially going to be like a mass call center. While the primary job function is online messaging, there are so many other opportunities to get involved, contribute, learn, and grow within the company. You won't see manager positions advertised, because they hire from within!
    I have worked several telecommute position before, and, although the team of Noom is spread all throughout the US, the interaction is set up so that people are connecting all day, every day (from everything from sharing recipes, photos of pets, and training for marathons). I feel more connected to my fellow remote co-workers at Noom than I felt with my office co-workers when I telecommuted within the same state!

Cons

Noom has exploded in both internal employees, and external customers. It can feel somewhat reactive in nature, which puts burden onto it's employees, but management never are unreasonable with their expectations, and are very supportive and understanding.

Advice to Management

Management is solid. Just needs a few more brown faces thrown into the party :)

"I can’t believe I get to work here!"

Current Employee - Remote Health Coach in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Remote Health Coach in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Noom (Less than a year)

Pros

Noom is an AMAZING company to work for. Everyone is kind, helpful, supportive, and hard working. The culture is phenomenal with tons of opportunities for growth, and incredibly transparent managers. I love being able to work from home, and having flexibility in my schedule - all while doing something I’m incredibly passionate about. Noom truly cares for the well-being of employees. Every day I wake up excited to get to work, and every day (literally!) I say to myself “I can’t believe I get to work here.” I love the fast-paced, ever changing environment.

Cons

I can honestly say I haven’t noted any cons, it is a perfect fit for me!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Happy employees are loyal employees!

9. "Virtual health coach"

Current Employee - Virtual Health Coach in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Virtual Health Coach in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work from home
    -Do their best to create a family environment even though majority of the company is remote
    -Very transparent from the very top on down
    -Opportunities to move up and participate in other projects to grow the company
    -Things change and move all the time, keeps it exciting

Cons

-Salary
    -Could be more inclusive when it comes to hiring and promoting within

10. "Coach"

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really positive company that genuinely cares about your well-being. Creates an atmosphere of positivity. Super connected for a remote job. Best job ever.

Cons

Growing company but does a great job of keeping everyone up to date

Advice to Management

Salary