KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

50% Recommend to a Friend
57% Approve of CEO

Found 801 of over 827 reviews

3.1
Noom CEO and Co-Founder Saeju Jeong (no image)
Saeju Jeong

What people are saying about Noom

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible schedule, work from home, but these pros don't outweigh the cons.(in 69 reviews)
  • "Great culture; Flexible; You can have a LIFE and family and you do not have to choose..your mental health comes first(in 54 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible which is great if you have little ones or go to school.(in 46 reviews)
  • "The people are great.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Good benefits (except medical)(in 40 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay and quite challenging to move up and out of this entry level position.(in 112 reviews)
  • "The salary is low for coaching and not a sustainable $ to live on unless you have a 2nd income (or spouse/partner).(in 48 reviews)
  • "Some people have left because of poor management(in 16 reviews)
  • "no trust in HQ or upper management(in 14 reviews)
  • "Unrealistic expectations and poor communication.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Noom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Amazing company - Incredible leadership!

Apr 18, 2022 - Lead Customer Service Coach Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Leadership is caring and supportive. I absolutely LOVE my Manager! Noom pays for career-related professional trainings that I've requested. LOTS of opportunity for growth to Next Level roles. This company truly listens to employee feedback and the leadership (all the way up to the CEO) takes positive action on employee "asks" and ideas to continue to improve employee engagement and satisfaction. I have NEVER worked for a company or leadership THAT IS this amazing EVER in my life!!!!!! I've been at Noom for over 2 years and I STILL LOVE it here!! I am aware that not all reviews are positive, however, I want to say that I do work closely with management and leadership on various projects AND employee satisfaction/engagement initiatives. I know the leadership! They are the real deal! Truly incredible people here! Best workplace EVER!!!!

Cons

I honestly do not have any "cons" to share!

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Flexible

Jul 31, 2022 - Health Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company cared about professional development and clients; flexible schedule

Cons

I don't have any cons to report

3. 4.0

I enjoy it here

Aug 4, 2022 - Health Coach Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive direct management, positive culture

Cons

A bit unorganized at times, but still trying its best

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great job

Jul 26, 2022 - Programmer Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are the best thing for me

Cons

Long hours and I felt like I was working too much

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

virtual Health coach

Aug 3, 2022 - Virtual Health Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, flexible workdays, Easy dashboard, supportive coworkers, good benefits

Cons

Noom took a quick turn when it decided it wanted to go public and hired corporate staff to make radical changes to the organization turning away from the co-founder's work culture. The constant changes, no clear direction, and opportunities to move up were often promised but were very limited or placed on a years-long track, and communication from the top was often vague and left you feeling highly stressed. Growth opportunities were often taken away. A small amount of money was offered for Professional development, and no WFH office composition, often if you requested accommodation it was denied. Racial incidents were ignored, and it was not a safe space for BIPOC and LGBTQ. HQ staff is treated financially and professionally better, and it was well witnessed.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee

health coach

Aug 9, 2022 - Health Coach in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

community/pay for national board certification/flexible

Cons

low pay; no room for growth

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good flexibility

Aug 10, 2022 - Virtual Health Coach in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and ability to work from home, fairly progressive company

Cons

Pay and benefits aren’t great

8. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 25, 2022 - Goal Specialist (Remote Health Coach) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote job with great flexibility

Cons

the pay is not enough or even close to enough for a single-income home

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s fine

Aug 6, 2022 - Virtual Health Coach (Remote) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy company to work remotely for. Various opportunities to enhance skills and attain board certification.

Cons

Communication, shifting expectations, and redefining the product are emerging issues among all virtual workspaces and Noom is no exception. All change requires communication and access to information, which Noom can do better at.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working here, great place to work.

Cons

The metrics could be clearer.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 801 Reviews
</>Embed

Noom Reviews FAQs

Noom has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 827 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Noom to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -24% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Noom employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Noom. This rating has decreased by -22% over the last 12 months.

50% of Noom employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Noom 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Noom to be management, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, compensation.

Popular Careers with Noom Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Noom? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

351 days ago

Hiring
Noom's Brand, Creative, and Communications teams have been hard at work the past year. Hear from Sr. Business Recruiter Alex Marquez-Shaw about how she is busy helping these teams grow, share some tips on how to best prepare for the interview, what characteristics would add value to the teams, and much more. Check it out below! And yes, we're #hiring! Visit noom.com/careers to learn more.
Shared image - Ask A Recruiter: Hiring for Brand, Creative & Communications at Noom
Ask A Recruiter: Hiring for Brand, Creative & Communications at Noom
www.linkedin.com

408 days ago

Community
As Noom continues on its mission of helping people everywhere, we mean just that: Everyone. Everywhere. On this day in 1970, the first Pride march took place on the one year anniversary of the Stonewall uprising in our hometown of New York City. Today, we honor all those who fought for the great progress that’s been made, and reflect on how much work is still left to do for members of the LGBTQIA+ community around the world. Mental health and physical health are inextricably tied, and so as we work toward our mission, we must acknowledge both the challenges these communities face and our role in removing those barriers. In that spirit, we’ve made a donation to the National Queer & Trans Therapists of Color Network which is dedicated to advancing healing justice by transforming mental health for queer and trans people of color. For more information on this organization and the important work they’re doing, please visit nqttcn.com
Shared image

Noom Photos

+ Add Photo
Noom photo of: 2019 Summer Offsite - Hunter Mtn Resort

Have you worked here?

Glassdoor has 827 Noom reviews submitted anonymously by Noom employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Noom is right for you.