Noom Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Saeju Jeong & Artem Petakov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Health Coach/Goal Specialist"

I have been working at Noom full-time

Pros

Amazing work environment and culture. Remote job. Good pay. Lots of room for professional growth within the company. Great people. Meaningful work.

Cons

It is a start-up company that has some growing pains here and there. But everyone is quick to learn from mistakes and works hard to do things better next time.

"Health Coach"

I have been working at Noom full-time

Pros

Really positive environment
    Flexible hours
    Remote work
    Hilarious co-workers
    Everyone is motivated to do the best work they can

Cons

Can be a little overwhelming at time in terms of case load

"I love Noom!"

Current Employee - Health Coach in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Health Coach in New York, NY

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home is a huge benefit of working for Noom. You are on the front line of changes in the health/fitness industry and have opportunities to learn more and increase your skills. There is great communication and positivity among people who work here!

Cons

Noom is a newer company and the newness shows sometimes. Things are always changing so if you don't enjoy fast paced work environments, this may not be for you. If you are an RD or other type of certified health coach, you are not paid more for having that certification, since you are not required to have any type of previous training.

"Working as a remote Coach"

Current Employee - Remote Coach in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Remote Coach in New York, NY

I have been working at Noom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly took this job initially as just a job to give me a little experience out of college, and it has become the best job I've ever had. I'm honestly not leaving until the kick me out 😂
    Some pros:
    - SUCH a fun environment. The whole team has a great sense of humor and does a wonderful job at including everyone in the company
    - There is such great support from the team. If you have any questions about protocols or recent changes, everyone is so willing to help out
    - Communication within a remote company is always hard, but Noom does such a good job overcommunicating and working to better how they relay information

Cons

One downside is that you become SO close to the teams you work with, but because we are all remote we never actually meet in real life :( Video chats are a good substitute!
    If you are looking for a relax job that you can do on the side (while you travel, work another job, etc) this probably won't work out. I would think of it more like a 9-5 that you do at home. You are still expected to work the whole time and need to be at your computer that whole time.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

"Virtual Health Coach"

I have been working at Noom full-time

Pros

Absolutely LOVE working here. It feels more like a family than a company.

Cons

Super fast paced start up company. You have to be able to roll with change at any given moment.

"Remote Health Coach"

I have been working at Noom full-time

Pros

I've had a good experience with Noom so far. What I love most about it, is the transparency from HQ . They really let their employees know what's going on. The staff is very supportive of one another and genuinely care about helping those they serve.

Cons

None at the moment (hopefully I won't encounter any!)

Advice to Management

Keep on encouraging growth and support!

"Truly the Most Amazing Job out there!!"

I have been working at Noom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, I feel extremely valued and respected.

Noom truly cares about its employees' work/life balance. When things get a little crazy (which it does) they work extremely hard to help us regain that balance.

Flexibility!

Super, awesome culture!! Hard to describe...you just have to experience it!

Cons

Lots of changes (which is to be expected with a start-up company)

Pay (but honestly for me, the pros outweigh this)

"Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Coach

I have been working at Noom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Noom has been a wonderful experience from the start! I have never felt more support by an employer and doubt I ever will. The work is fast moving and often times changing, but it is to better the company.
    Everyone is dedicated to their job and happy to work for the company.
    Benefits are great and a very reasonable price.
    Hours are super flexible and you can work from wherever you are! Many employees travel often because of the great flexibility.
    Huge pro: the whole company is very transparent with all employees - more than I have ever experienced or ever imagined experiencing.

Cons

If you aren't able to roll with change and keep up with a fast environment, then this is not the place for you.

"The best job I’ve ever had-Remote Coach"

Current Employee - Remote Health Coach in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Remote Health Coach in New York, NY

I have been working at Noom full-time

Pros

I’ll try to be as objective as I can for this review.
    The start of my work day includes booting up my computer with my coffee and roll, casually reading through emails to keep updated on the latest changes. Then I kick my feet up and sip away as I read through different slack channels; lol @ gifs and making sure I see what’s the buzz for the day.
    I take a glance at my calendar and see what meetings I have for the day and plan my day. After that I take a micro mini break and change a diaper or two and settle my babies for a nap.
     I get myself ready to do my coaching by opening up my tabs in my browser and then responding to users, helping them achieve and maintain their weight loss goals. After a couple hours it’s lunch time/meeting time/yoga time/water cooler time/exercise time/hug a tree time/zone out and breathe time/nap time ...whatever time. During my meetings if my son pops his head in to say hi, my dog is barking at a jogger, if I’m eating my lunch... it’s all good.
    Then it’s back to my dash to finish up my tasks for the day, doing what I love to do. And when I shut my computer down THAT’S IT. It’s crazy how a remote position brings LESS work home with you than a traditional position!
    -From submission of my application til present time, I haven’t worn pants ONE TIME.
    -The fact that my hairstyle may be “unprofessional” elsewhere or that I have a t-shirt fetish, has nothing to do with my ability to do my job well.
    -My honest feedback is encouraged
    -My co-workers and “supervisors” answer my questions no matter how many times they may have answered it with someone else. All they’re all cool.
    - I see many opportunities for growth in the future.
    - The transparency within the company is phenomenal.
    - The “come as you are” culture is a breath of fresh air.
    -Extensive training
    - Awesomly brilliant people in every department.
    - Assessments for raises done yearly.
    -Retirement plan
    - Although a remote position; people still feel accessible and has a small company feel.
    - New positions being created as company grows.
    - Assisst people with changing their lives for the better.

Cons

As of right now I don’t think there are many cons. I’ll list some that may be for others.
    -Health Care plan can be better.
    -Still considered a start-up company.
    -Changes happen constantly and you have to be responsible for keeping up with them.
    -Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
    -I only put compensation here because it could only be a TAD better in my opinion. If you’re looking to get rich as someone in this line of work, it most likely isn’t for you. Most people who do this kind of work receive much of their satisfaction by helping others make positive changes in their lives.
    -401k is what you put into it...but I expected that considering the stage the company is in right now.
    -Hectic work days. The company expects responses to users to happen within a specific time. This is great for people who like to stay busy but not someone with poor time management.
    - Desk Job type feel as you are sitting most of the day. But at least you can do your job outside with your feet in the grass if you want.
    - Frequent meetings.
    - Need the ability to think on your feet and push through hectic times when there’s and influx of users or tech problems occur.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Please don’t ever lose your transparency! Thank you for recognizing what we do and showing that through compensation and benefits when you can.

"I didn't think loving my job was possible...."

Current Employee - Health Coach
    Current Employee - Health Coach

I have been working at Noom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible
    small company feel
    valued as an employee and a person
    transparency is important to the company

Cons

moves fast
    lots of cudden changes