Noon Mediterranean Assistant General Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Noon Mediterranean Assistant General Manager Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.4
Noon Mediterranean CEO Michael Heyne (no image)
Michael Heyne
  1. "New mediterranean food chain on the rise."

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Pearland, TX

I worked at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freshly made toppings, recipes made from chefs, 50% employee discount, healthy food options that taste good, nice insurance health and dental.

Cons

Long hours as manager/assistant manager, breaks only allowed when business is "slow" enough to take one, only one or two other staff members working at a time.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves in your teams positions when you're criticizing their work, and expecting them to do, etc. The company is still new, I highly doubt anyone in the upper management has ever worked in one of their own stores, and knows what its like to do such.

Noon Mediterranean2017-06-21

"It ain't as good as it once was"

Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

Great people from all different backgrounds, something unique, the food is legit, the experience is a great résumé builder and we legit have the best regulars.

Cons

Upper management is unapproachable and the Area managers that were left for other opportunities. The schedule is fixed ( I mean what company doesn't let their gm's create the schedule) and literally sucks you dry. Three 13 hour shifts are killer and when you are at a low preforming resturaunt,you work the whole 13 hours with minimum breaks. Tenure means nothing here, I have employees that work for a year and have no... consideration for a position they have worked hard for. They defiantly play favorites so if you don't have the up tempo personality you won't work out in management here. They have a lost identity and because of it they are literally changing something everyday.You can't buy people with raffles and gifts. Neither of those aren't going to change the fact that I barely get any sleep.

Advice to Management

Guys I understand you are trying to be the leader in Mediterranean cuisine but god dam like do you even care about the people in the resturaunts. You are literally wearing your people thin and then you try to replace them with people that don't fit the mold here. I used to love coming to work everyday and lately it's just been the complete opposite. You literally lost the central upper management that helped turn... verts into something great. In a couple of months we lost , two area managers, the trainer director, and Dan to other companies. The style of people you are attracting are fast food minded people people who have worked at a worse place so this an improvement. How are you going to be best in something when in reality you are becoming a stepping stone. People are just biting their time here until something better comes up. Don't give this post that generic response the marketing person came up with, it's something y'all do to save face with,this company doesn't really care what opinions I have.

Noon Mediterranean2016-08-12

"Too much for too little"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting work environment, great coworkers

Cons

Corporate continues to ask more and more of you without a second thought or thanks.

Advice to Management

Pay your managers more.

Noon Mediterranean2015-09-24