Noon Mediterranean Reviews | Glassdoor

Noon Mediterranean Reviews

Updated May 29, 2019

Found 67 reviews

2.7
Noon Mediterranean CEO Michael Heyne (no image)
Michael Heyne
  1. "Keep Doing What You're Doing"

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food ! This is new for us (before it was half off). It's nice to get a free meal every day we work. Communication has gotten much better than it was a few years ago. We now get detailed reports frequently and always know what we excel at and what we need to improve on. Our ideas and suggestions are being heard and slowly being implemented. New menu items every couple months. You can never get tired... of the food if we consistently bring in New items to try and love. Work life balance. I am scheduled Monday through Friday 10-8. This leaves nights and weekends free unless things get crazy at the restaurant. Potentially lots of room for growth with the company. I've had a good boss, an absolutely horrible boss, and an amazing boss (current). Keep hiring awesome leaders.

Cons

They moved their headquarters to NYC away from Texas. We now rarely see the owners or higher ups in our regions. Seeing other comments on being financially compensated for going above and beyond - that must only be at a corporate level as we do not see that at a restaurant level unless you count our quarterly bonus. No raises for team members unless they take a promotion (not everyone wants to be a manager... at a restaurant and I understand that. It's not fair that the only way our team members can earn more money per hour is if they become an assistant manager). Sometimes corporate really drops the ball on things we need at our restaurants and they don't seem to ever take the responsibility of making the mistake. We never get extra hours for menu rollouts or Rebranding. This leads to managers working far beyond 52 hours a week fairly frequently. But if we clock in for those hours, we get docked for going over on labor (even though we are salary). Little time for managers to do administrative duties which means all of my paperwork and schedules gets done when I am home. I also seldom take breaks during my shifts (not so bad during a 10 hour shift but we used to work 13 hours with no breaks either). If I take a break, it would mean I am leaving one team member to do everything while I eat and relax and i don't feel right doing that.

Advice to Management

I had a few cons but if I would have done one of these when I started with the company, it'd be much longer with less pros. We are moving in the right direction. Keep listening to the people who have more experience in the restaurant industry than yall (the CEOs) do and we can only go up from here.

Noon Mediterranean2018-01-11
  2. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

- FREE FOOD! Literally saves me a ton of money here in New York and it tastes great, even when eating it every day! - Lots of responsibility. The hierarchy is really flat and I am owning lots of projects where I can make my own decisions, even though I am just an Analyst. - Working alongside the CEOs. On many projects I work directly with the CEOs and get a chance to voice my opinion that leads to company-wide... changes. Also the CEOs are extremely smart and experienced and there is a lot to learn from them on how to get things done! - Learning. With great responsibilities comes a steep learning curve. I have been with Noon for 4 months now and learned more than anywhere else. - Flexibility: The management is supportive of the employees personal situations. If you do your job well their comes a lot of autonomy that is really nice and nowhere found in other corporate settings. Working from home or remotely if needed is usually approved without any issues. - Doing a good job gets appreciated and honored financially and with promotions.

Cons

- Current office is still in the remodeling process and could be made a bit nicer. - You will wear many hats here and might do cross-functional work that extends your field of expertise. This can be either a pro or con, depending if you want more specialized or a broader expertise.

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening to your employees concerns and being so lenient with special request. This is not usual, but noted and appreciated.

Noon Mediterranean2018-01-04

"Don't be fooled. Look up Verts glassdoor."

I worked at Noon Mediterranean full-time

Pros

It's so bad It's funny.

Cons

New name, same horrible management. For the truth behind Noon look up Verts Mediterranean Grill's glassdoor review.

Advice to Management

Start a new company.

Noon Mediterranean2018-02-07

"Team Member"

Former Employee - Team Member in Boston, MA

I worked at Noon Mediterranean part-time

Pros

No pros except that they offer free food now.

Cons

The name of this company was Verts Mediterranean food. The first day of work they tell you that employees are family members, and that there's a good opportunity here since the company was growing exponentially. But those words are complete lies. Very poor management in Boston area, don't valuate the employees, so that no crew member will stay more than a couple of months even if they get promoted to Assistant... managers; they will all quit sooner than later. And the company lost his souls, it was named verts because of it's vertical grill meat. Now they took it off and lost half of their costumers. It became just another chain that tries to copy Chipotle, and won't last too long if they don't get them selves together.

Noon Mediterranean2018-02-06
  5. "Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you prefer creating a path rather than following a path this is the right company for you. - A lot of room for creativity - smaller budgets allow to find new ways to accomplish goals - Plenty of chances to test new/your ideas plus the encouragement to do so - Promotions - great opportunities to grow within the company - Greater flexibility, cause there are no rigid structures yet - Sense of... ownership - as there are only two handful of people working in the office right now, every success is celebrated by the whole team - Great training if you ever want to launch a business yourself. You’ll see the good, the bad a — all of the realities of what day-to-day life is like as a small-business owner

Cons

- The office is about to be remodeled, and I can't wait for it - You might not only work in the field that you picked, which can be can be good and bad, depending on what you want - Everyone basically fulfills two or more positions right now - so you won't get bored ever

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in appreciating and supporting your loyal long-term employees.

Noon Mediterranean2017-12-29
  6. "Great career opportunity"

Current Employee - Finance in New York, NY

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fast paced environment - Highly intelligent, experienced and motivated colleagues - Work with extremely high impact on the restaurants / operations - High responsibility level from day 1

Cons

- Currently somewhat short-staffed, but salary compensates for longer hours

Noon Mediterranean2017-12-20
  7. "Great Leadership Place!"

Current Employee - Restaurant Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely supportive and helpful industry leading colleagues Best opportunity to revolutionize a competitive industry Free Meals of delicious Mediterranean food everyday Brilliant CEOs. Yes, We have 2! Great for individuals who are also the true Foodies!

Cons

Must be willing to adapt in evolving market Requires hard work and ability to wear many hats (this also an opportunity for personal growth!) Everyone must always be a brand ambassador simultaneous to your actual role

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with only selecting the best people to work with and support us through excellent industry leading systems and analytics!

Noon Mediterranean2017-12-19

"Giant Waste of Potential"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

VERTS hired a lot of talented people.

Cons

Look at the rest of the reviews from full-time corporate employees, they're not lying. Leadership spent money to hire great people across all departments, only to belittle them and ignore their ideas and input. Negative and often sexist work environment where many talented and experienced team members were unappreciated or bypassed in favor of the owners friends (who they have a habit of putting on the... payroll). Most outside hires ended up getting laid off a year later thanks to financial mismanagement and irresponsible use of investor funding.

Advice to Management

Stop the obsession with your appearance. Focus on your fixing your quality and consistency of product, lack of culture, job security, and employee morale. There's a reason everyone who survived the last round of lay-offs is quitting anyway.

Noon Mediterranean2017-11-13

"Don't Believe The Lies"

Former Employee - Field Marketing Specialist

I worked at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

The restaurant is a great concept and has so much potential, but unfortunately it is being run into the ground by the founders.

Cons

There are a lot of eloquently-written reviews on here already that address working on the corporate side of VERTS, and all of them are spot-on, so I'll keep this short and sweet: Don't believe all of the beautifully-spun lies that they'll tell you in your interview. It's all nonsense. The company isn't growing. There is no real cooperation within the company and everyone seems to have their own competing visions.... The founders are aloof and delusional. There is no direction. The founders hired a lot of really talented, experienced people last year and didn't listen to any of them. Then, they laid off half the company six months later. They fly by the seat of their pants and don't really think through any of the decisions that they're making. Save yourself the trouble and don't work here.

Advice to Management

Accept that you don't know everything and that you aren't always the smartest people in the room. If you're going to hire people, you need to be open to their ideas and you need to accept that your ideas might not always be best. If you want to run this company by yourselves, then do it, and save everyone else the trouble of working towards an impossible goal.

Noon Mediterranean2017-11-08

"Not worth working a 4 hour shift with no tips."

Former Employee - Crew Member in Austin, TX

I worked at Noon Mediterranean full-time for less than a year

Pros

At times work can be laid back. Also you learn how to make a lot of different new recipes. Not many pros for this work other than the fact it's easy to get a job here

Cons

Everything about the management is questionable. Pay is bi-weekly, hours are laughable and downright embarrassing, and employees still have to pay half price on the over expensive food.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings and give them decent hours.

Noon Mediterranean2017-09-24

Noon Mediterranean Response

September 25, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience. We strive to foster a great environment for all of our family members. I would like to get more information if possible so that I can follow up and address your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to: opendoors@eatverts.com. Best wishes on your future endeavors.

Found 67 reviews