Noon Mediterranean Reviews | Glassdoor

Noon Mediterranean Reviews

Updated May 29, 2019

Found 67 reviews

2.7
Noon Mediterranean CEO Michael Heyne (no image)
Michael Heyne

"Fake culture and empty promises"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with directly and on a daily basis were some of the most talented and driven people I've met in my career.

Cons

- Sexist work environment - I was told by a member of upper management during a business call that he missed "bickering with a woman" since he recently broke up with his girlfriend. This is just one example. - They hired really amazing talent only to have them execute what upper management wanted. This led to awesome talent becoming frustrated daily. - Told that I would be able to make a real change at a... fast-growth company, but was called "too direct and unapproachable" most times I voiced an opinion. - Upper management would "listen" to ideas and feedback, but only drove their own agenda. - Upper management would get into arguments/heated conversations in meetings and in the office, often in front of many people. - The company culture is non-existent and values/mission/vision were just for show. - The company does not care about the individual employee, only about making/saving money.

Advice to Management

I would give advice, but they wouldn't listen to it anyway.

Noon Mediterranean2017-10-11

"Doesn't appreciate family members"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean for more than a year

Pros

50% off food (should be free for restaurant staff) Company could be a success

Cons

Management wants everyone to work crazy hours but doesn't appreciate any efforts Think they can do no wrong Constant change for the worst to the menu Gives staff demeaning work way outside job scope

Advice to Management

trust the people you hire to do the job and get out of the way. no one smart wants to work in the work conditions you offer.

Noon Mediterranean2017-09-25

September 25, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing this feedback about your experience. I would like to discuss your feedback in more depth if possible. Please feel free to reach out to opendoors@eatverts.com.

"DON'T."

Field Marketing Specialist

I worked at Noon Mediterranean for less than a year

Pros

I'd say the main pro is the concept. VERTS had every opportunity to be a game changing concept in the fast-casual space. The food was very tasty, but this is a fluctuating factor and not something that can consistently be counted on. The owners have been changing too much on the menu that the restaurant crew can't keep up with quality and quantity because they aren't given the resources to do so. It's a terrible... shame because they have some great leadership in place on the culinary/operational side. But these great leaders are not properly utilized and are unable to do their jobs to the best of their ability.

Cons

I'd say the main con is that the founders are not fit to be the leadership of an organization that is growing at the rate they are pushing for. They are both smart and capable, but they are grossly inexperienced as leaders. VERTS has no brand, no culture, and no definitive destination in which they are traveling. It's all fluff. The company is operating quarter to quarter, firing and rehiring positions as needed.... VERTS is a fluke. Everything about it is a fluke. VERTS is currently a shell of what it could have been waiting to shatter and cave into itself. It really is a shame.

Advice to Management

Stop globe trotting and blowing the millions and millions you brag (/lie) about taking in and realize your company is dying at the hands of yourselves. If you want VERTS to remain alive, bring in an experienced CEO to bring the concept, brand, and culture in the direction it needs to survive. In today's world of vast competition in the fast-casual space, foods that's tasty (sometimes) isn't going to cut it. CAVA... already has better food.... and actually has a brand and culture.

Noon Mediterranean2017-09-22
  4. "Non punctual."

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

Great concept. Food is good and depending on which location you choose the service is decent. Many good managers in the company.

Cons

Hiring process extremely flawed. Hiring managers are unprofessional and lack punctuality. Long drawn out process that doesn't represent the company in a good light.

Advice to Management

Correct flaws in the hiring process.

Noon Mediterranean2017-07-31

August 14, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. These comments I take very seriously. If you are open to discussing or sharing more insight about your specific experience, I would very much like to discuss. Please feel free to contact opendoors@eatverts.com.

5. "New mediterranean food chain on the rise."

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Pearland, TX

I worked at Noon Mediterranean full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freshly made toppings, recipes made from chefs, 50% employee discount, healthy food options that taste good, nice insurance health and dental.

Cons

Long hours as manager/assistant manager, breaks only allowed when business is "slow" enough to take one, only one or two other staff members working at a time.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves in your teams positions when you're criticizing their work, and expecting them to do, etc. The company is still new, I highly doubt anyone in the upper management has ever worked in one of their own stores, and knows what its like to do such.

Noon Mediterranean2017-06-21

August 14, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback and perspective. We take all of these comments seriously and are continuing to find ways to elevate the experience for all of our family members. This includes recent enhancement for our Assistant Manager schedules to eliminate the long hours you describe. It also includes weekends off for our General Managers. I am also disappointed that we gave you the impression from a corporate perspective that no one has worked in their own restaurants. Our founders both quite literally built (poured the concrete, built the counters, etc.) and ran our first several restaurants before expanding further. Clearly we have work to do to communicate and connect with our restaurant teams. Very much appreciate your comments as that will help us to be better in the future!

6. "Fun place to work, but upper level management takes advantage of you"

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time

Pros

Friendly and well trained General Managers and Assistant General Managers across the Austin area. Good starting wage for crew members ($10/hour)

Cons

Salary/wages for AGMs and GMs inconsistent. AGM pay was cut from $13/hour to $12/hour last month. After being raised back up to 13 less than a week ago, overtime has been eliminated for AGMs, costing us $700-$800 a month. Upper management adds huge responsibilities to GM and AGM positions with little to no notice, threatens termination if not fulfilled, and does not offer any compensation for increased... responsibilities AGMs make more money based on restaurant sales, but do not catering sales (done directly through the restaurant, overseen by AGMs) do not count towards this wage increase. Restaurants are closing rapidly in Texas (17 in last 6 months)

Advice to Management

Stop disrespecting your employees by lowering pay and increasing job duties, just to look good to future investors.

Noon Mediterranean2017-06-28

August 14, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I would like to connect personally to discuss further. Please feel free to reach out to opendoors@eatverts.com. I completely understand how changes are difficult as our company grows and adjusts based on learning. We are very committed to creating a great brand for our guests and family members as we grow and provide long term opportunities for all. Looking forward to hopefully connecting further if you are so inclined.

7. "You can do better."

Former Employee - Crew Member

I worked at Noon Mediterranean part-time

Pros

Great employee discount (50%) Great pay ($10/hr) 401k Great food

Cons

No raises. Either too many or not enough hours. Work uniform taken out of first paycheck. Rude customers. Too many changes too fast. Lack of management from the top, down. Corporate doesn't really seem to care about employees; they don't really listen to complaints. Serious issues get swept under the rug. Corporate doesn't seem to pay attention to needs of the stores. Corporate has somewhat unreasonable... demands/expectations from understaffed locations. Inefficient company protocol.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to show employees that you care about them. Do not make life-changing decisions and hit employees with it at the last minute--give them time to plan for big things. Figure out a way to give raises. Incentives will make people want to meet your high expectations. Staff stores appropriately and adjust expectations accordingly. Have more training/team-building to maintain positive outlook from... employees and garner their respect for company expectations. Listen to the complaints of the locations and be sensitive to their needs. When needs are ignored, it leads to grumpy employees and guests. Have a place for workers to report serious issues--I never knew where to safely complain when I had them, so my options were to stay quiet or use twitter. I stayed quiet. You're welcome. Stop changing things so much. It is confusing for everyone and turns guests off. Also, makes the workplace hard for employees because guests take it out on them. Be more strict on the scheduling of stores, so that everyone gets the respective hours needed and that they do not find out when they are working for the week on Sunday night. Employees who can plan are happy employees. Invest in actual dish-washers. Will save lots of wasted time to help customers/keep the place clean and stocked to company standards. Make sure new crew members are better trained. Emphasize organization in management. PLEASE. Mean what you say and say what you mean. If you are going to call us "family members," treat us like family members.

Noon Mediterranean2017-06-26

August 14, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take all feedback and concerns seriously. I would like to discuss your experience personally if you are so inclined. I can be reached at opendoors@eatverts.com. We are very committed to creating a great organization long term for our guests and family members. While we have taken numerous actions to that end, we of course have areas that we can continue to improve in. Your feedback is very helpful and valued, and will be acted upon. Many thanks for sharing.

"So-So"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean part-time

Pros

Good atmosphere, cool coworkers, decent food.

Cons

Wasn't given nearly enough hours, was never fully trained, laid off before I could start getting good at anything.

Noon Mediterranean2017-04-19

August 14, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am working with our managers to balance their hiring with hours to make sure people get the schedules that they want. Many thanks for sharing!

"Disappointing"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

The food is fun to prep and cook. It also tastes great The pay is very competitive for fast casual

Cons

Decisions are made based on either the bottom line or what competitors are doing Changes are not well communicated to restaurants Training tools aren't effective for all learning styles People are considered lazy if they don't work until they drop from exhaustion There are no development plans or performance reviews so no one knows how to get to the next level

Advice to Management

Read the reviews on this site. The restaurant employees are unhappy, overworked, and stressed out. The only people that like their jobs are in marketing . Probably because they are paid more than restaurant employees and have no accountability. The culture, specifically the way restaurant employees are shown appreciation, should reflect the quality of the food and marketing/branding. There should be as much thought..., planning, and money put into the people as the other disciplines.

Noon Mediterranean2017-05-02

August 14, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your perspective. We value this feedback and will continue to work to create a great experience for our family members!

10. "Yay Verts"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean part-time

Pros

YUMMY FOOD and my GM was AWESOME. Easy to move up!!

Cons

At the time they wouldn't pay me more than 8.50hr but now it's $10 so that's good!

Noon Mediterranean2017-04-06

August 14, 2017Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Found 67 reviews