Noon Mediterranean Reviews | Glassdoor

Noon Mediterranean Reviews

Updated May 29, 2019

2.7
Noon Mediterranean CEO Michael Heyne (no image)
Michael Heyne

"It ain't as good as it once was"

Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

Great people from all different backgrounds, something unique, the food is legit, the experience is a great résumé builder and we legit have the best regulars.

Cons

Upper management is unapproachable and the Area managers that were left for other opportunities. The schedule is fixed ( I mean what company doesn't let their gm's create the schedule) and literally sucks you dry. Three 13 hour shifts are killer and when you are at a low preforming resturaunt,you work the whole 13 hours with minimum breaks. Tenure means nothing here, I have employees that work for a year and have no... consideration for a position they have worked hard for. They defiantly play favorites so if you don't have the up tempo personality you won't work out in management here. They have a lost identity and because of it they are literally changing something everyday.You can't buy people with raffles and gifts. Neither of those aren't going to change the fact that I barely get any sleep.

Advice to Management

Guys I understand you are trying to be the leader in Mediterranean cuisine but god dam like do you even care about the people in the resturaunts. You are literally wearing your people thin and then you try to replace them with people that don't fit the mold here. I used to love coming to work everyday and lately it's just been the complete opposite. You literally lost the central upper management that helped turn... verts into something great. In a couple of months we lost , two area managers, the trainer director, and Dan to other companies. The style of people you are attracting are fast food minded people people who have worked at a worse place so this an improvement. How are you going to be best in something when in reality you are becoming a stepping stone. People are just biting their time here until something better comes up. Don't give this post that generic response the marketing person came up with, it's something y'all do to save face with,this company doesn't really care what opinions I have.

Noon Mediterranean2016-08-12

August 15, 2016Communications Manger

Thanks for taking time to give us your feedback – it is really appreciated. In my specific role, I am dedicated to Our People at VERTS, and listening to all feedback so we can continue to make VERTS an awesome place to work. I personally visit Restaurants regularly, sit down with Family Members to listen to their thoughts about VERTS, and find ways to implement all feedback into shaping our company culture and programs. Your feedback does not go unheard, and I will address your concerns about scheduling, career development, and culture with different members of our Leadership Team. If you’d ever like to talk one to one (confidentially), I’d love to hear more about your VERTS experience (lianna.delpizzo@eatverts.com).

"Great people and food bad business model especially concerning employee satisfaction"

General Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Noon Mediterranean for less than a year

Pros

Food is good and quality of meat is high. Love talking to all the military folks who have been to Europe and come to get a reminder.

Cons

Overworked, under staffed, not appreciated and micromanaged by upper management. And of course not paid enough for the top down abuse.

Advice to Management

Rebrand quickly even if you stop opening stores to save the company from self destruction.

Noon Mediterranean2016-06-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"What happened Verts?"

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean for more than a year

Pros

When I worked in the Austin location, I def felt like it was family and I enjoyed working with everyone. The communication was very subtle, and they ACTUALLY talked to you on what was going on. The food is still great, even after 2 years of working with them.

Cons

Favoritism among employees, 12 hour shifts that take away your life, and TOO MUCH CHANGE. Hiring too many young managers, who have less than 6 months within the company, due to "promises" to keep them employed, in which they try too hard to own up to their title. Understaffed, and too much stress on procedures that keep changing that the crew can't keep up with. Even working as part-time they suck the life out of... you.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of everyone. You want us to commit to the company when the company can barely commit to itself. I've been with the company for 2 years and I've seen way to many downfalls, and not enough uplifts. It's gotten more complex. It was a simple concept, but you insist on making it complicated.

Noon Mediterranean2016-05-10

May 16, 2016Communications Manger

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your hard work and dedication over the past two years. With our rebrand and renewed commitment to our food, we know there has been a lot of change this year, but all changes that will help position us as the culinary leaders in fast-casual Mediterranean food. This year, we are also devoting valuable resources to our people. We are listening to feedback and finding ways to enhance engagement and communication across the company. If you’d ever like to talk further (I will keep it all confidential), please feel free to reach out! Best, Lianna (lianna.delpizzo@vertskebap.com).

"dont."

I worked at Noon Mediterranean part-time

Pros

i have no words for this

Cons

lack of communication. disorganized. no goals or direction. favoritism. no culture.

Noon Mediterranean2016-05-29

"Caution"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

Really good food; some great people at the restaurant level who care and work hard; no early mornings or really late nights

Cons

Owners have 5 years experience and think they know everything there will ever be to know about restaurants. They have zero social skills and zero management skills. Top-down mentality where the corporate office shoves things down the throats of operations with zero input. No accountability at corporate office--they continually make mistakes, which makes the GM's job harder, and then tell the GM to "be flexible". ... I got out just in time...new upper management guy thinks he is a gift to the world, never has one positive thing to say about what we were doing at the restaurant-level...but he fits right in with the corporate mentality. Also, the "bonus" system they have is not transparent--no one in accounting can explain where the numbers come from (if they even respond to your question)...very sketchy. My guess is they are fudging numbers. I have only been doing this for 10 years but by far the worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Owners--get out of the way and let restaurant people run your company before you ruin it. Also, you call everyone "family members"...act like it.

Noon Mediterranean2016-05-18

May 20, 2016Communications Manger

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We realize that past processes and procedures may have not been the most transparent and clear. In my new role as VERTS Communications Manager, I am creating new streamlined ways in which we roll out changes and communicate with each other. We are moving towards a more transparent company culture, and your feedback will definitely support this initiative. Thanks for your hard work at VERTS, and if you’d ever like to speak more, feel free to reach out to me directly. – Lianna (lianna.delpizzo@vertskbap.com)

"Owners in wrong business, need to learn how to treat staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time

Pros

,get to meet friendly customers

Cons

Underpaid, alto of favoritism with area Mgrs and GMs. Staff work there hardest but all GMs focus on is stressing about getting there bonuses and not concerned about what it took for them to even earn the bonus. The staff played a big part in this but all GM can do is take all the credit and $. Owners need a reality check, this is suppose to be a team effort instead of just one individual walking over everyone and... then taking all the credit

Advice to Management

You need a reality check, communicate with other leaders in store instead of just the GM.I hear that you only offer bonuses to GMs, what do you offer the other management ? This has been a very disappointing experience in my life working for this company

Noon Mediterranean2016-05-17

May 20, 2016Communications Manger

Thank you for your review and dedication. We completely agree that our Crew Members do an amazing job every day adding to the success of VERTS. We are putting programs and initiatives in place that will promote recognition and communication on a companywide level, including internal newsletters and a formal recognition program highlighting Family Members at every level. If you ever want to chat confidentially about your experiences or about our new initiatives, please feel free to reach out. – Lianna (lianna.delpizzo@vertskebap.com)

"I work with some great people, but corporate sucks."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Austin, TX

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean part-time for less than a year

Pros

The crew and general managers are fantastic. The hours are really flexible and it's a great job if you're also a student. You do get some tips and, although it's not a lot, it's nice ti have some extra cash.

Cons

Corporate managers have ridiculous policies that constantly change and make your job 50x more difficult. There are times that they come in and it's next to impossible to help customers because they know the exact place to stand that is the most inconvenient.

Advice to Management

Your employees have a better sense of what works and what doesn't. Don't rely on the opinions of a chef who doesn't know the business. If you're going to make changes to increase productivity, make sure that's the actual result. Several customers have commented on how ridiculous the menu has become since it changes at least once a week. Your employees and customers are suffering because of your indecision and... fickleness.

Noon Mediterranean2016-04-06

April 7, 2016Communications Manger

Thanks for your review! First off, we totally agree that our Crew Members and General Managers are fantastic. We know that our whole Family has been working SO hard with the rollout of our current rebrand, including the new menu additions, and we wholeheartedly appreciate that. I can assure you that after this major push, we will not be making any major changes moving forward. We love hearing from our Family Members, and in fact this month we are rolling out more ways in which you can give us ongoing feedback about everything and anything – so keep an eye out! Lastly, you can always feel free to reach out to me to discuss more about your VERTS experience, and I would happily keep it all confidential. Best, Lianna – lianna.delpizzo@vertskebap.com.

"Worse Job experience I have ever had"

Area Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

Unique concept and have potential to be successful if professionally managed

Cons

I have been working in restaurant business at executive management level over 14 years but I have never seen a poorly managed company as Verts Kebap. They call their employees family members but they don't provide any incentives or making any positive steps to be part of a family. A lot of talking and giving hope to their employee but no actions at all. They also have a very passive and unorganized training team.

Advice to Management

Hire more professional corporate people and owners stop micro managing

Noon Mediterranean2016-04-28

April 28, 2016Communications Manger

Thank you for your review! We really do pride ourselves in our unique concept and our product. We are growing fast, and in order to support this growth, we have hired more people on the corporate level to support all of our restaurants. We have a lot in store for 2016 with less talking and more action. I noticed that you are no longer with VERTS, but I would love to hear more about your experiences and suggestions for improvement. I will of course keep the conversation and feedback anonymous. Best, Lianna – lianna.delpizzo@vertskebap.com.

"manager"

in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

could be a better place to work!!!

Cons

3 open to closes and all the extra hours you work over your template!!!! nope i will not be abused i have to much experience and im looking for a new job!!

Advice to Management

trust the people you hire can run your restaurant and make you money, with out the micro managing, and i have a Family, you are not it, your a JOB, that wants to take away, a lot of time from my true Family, my wife and kids!!!!!

Noon Mediterranean2016-04-11

"bittersweet without the sweet"

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time

Pros

The people I work with are amazing. My crew makes the difference. The guest are loyal. Decent christmas parties

Cons

Im not sure where to even start. This company has become a joke except I am not laughing anymore. I work so hard to follow new roll-out, mentor my team, take extremely harsh criticism from my Area manager and yet I feel defeated at the end of the day. I spend half my week working intense hours with little help and ridiculous demands. An hour to open with more things that require more then an hour. Expect to also... work on your day off, were asked to work on days off and make up the hrs by leaving early on one of the days were required to work 13 plus hrs. When you're short staffed you're also required to work and own your restaurant. When do we sleep? Whenever we have time. The mission statement has become a joke and I don't believe corporate understands how upset many people working for Verts are. Recently the Director quit because there was no quality or work/life balance. Its so sad to see so many rockstar managers, crew, and office people quit. I have worked for this company for a while and what I was promised has been nothing but disappointment. We are asked to do surveys that are not anonymous like promised. I can't even talk or give recommendations because ideas are shot down. I turned down three other career paths because I believed in this company and its defeating they don't believe in me or other GMS. This company no longer makes me feel safe or like Im working towards anything. Recent area managers have applied for new positions and have been shot down, as well as GMs not even being able to further their career here. They also reply to these reviews with copy/paste responses from someone that NO other GMs have even meet!!!! What??? I think that the only good thing that has come from working here are the people I have met that I will always be here for. I have never worked for a company so heartless towards employees or GMs. I pray this company changes because Id like to work for the company I was promised when I interviewed.

Advice to Management

maybe you should care about the people you have instead of the fur coats in your closet

Noon Mediterranean2016-04-05

April 6, 2016Communications Manger

Thank you very much for posting your honest review – we appreciate it! We meticulously review each and every bit of feedback our Family Members give us, whether on Glassdoor, through our surveys, or via email. I was hired to focus on engagement, communication, and culture, and I guarantee that feedback directly impacts the programs and initiatives we are rolling out this year. In another effort to connect with everyone and learn even more about our current culture, I will be touring every restaurant to meet our awesome Family Members, share my strategy for the year, and hear even more feedback. Change doesn’t happen overnight, but we hear you, and we are making changes to enhance the VERTS experience for our Family Members. Feel free to reach out if you’d like to discuss more about your experience, of course confidentially! Best, Lianna – lianna.delpizzo@vertskebap.com

Found 67 reviews