KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Nordeus Employee Reviews about "nordeus"

Updated Oct 7, 2021

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "nordeus"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A game dev's dream

Oct 7, 2021 - Software Engineer in Belgrade, Central Serbia
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nordeus is everything a game developer could possibly dream of in the Balkans - fun and exciting projects, excellent and fair salary that is expected to increase through time, fantastic benefits and most of all a lovely working environment with many amazing and smart people that you will learn so much from. All in all: People, food, good work-life balance, salary, benefits, fun projects and a genuine openness to new ideas from management and senior engineers. 10/10 would recommend!

Cons

Would be nice to make other games that aren't strictly tied to football and mobile.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We love hearing from our current employees about their experience at Nordeus. See you around! :) Maja Kvrgic, Employer branding specialist

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Sep 15, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Belgrade, Central Serbia
    Business Outlook

Pros

In general, Nordeus is a great working environment. People are carefully selected - not only do they have a great skill set, but are also great people to work with, learn from, or just hangout. There are employees from different countries of the world, so you can always learn interesting facts about these countries. Or get recommendations when visiting. :) The company takes care of its people and it has been very supportive and flexible during the hard covid times. There are a lot of perks and benefits like free (and diverse) food and drinks, private health insurance for you and your family, or unlimited vacation days. The office is amazing and you get all the equipment you need. For a "Data-driven" person there is always data to analyse or a project to work on. The games produce tons of data and you have a lot of opportunities to make an impact. There is a lot of space to grow, expand your knowledge and try out things. As in the title - a great place to work. :)

Cons

All the people in the company are there with a good reason, so you have to bring your A game on everyday level.

Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience! It's great to have you on the team! :) Maja Kvrgic, Employer Branding Specialist

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best place to grow

Sep 9, 2021 - Product Marketing in Belgrade, Central Serbia
    Business Outlook

Pros

Looking at first glance, Nordeus offers many benefits - from working on mobile games that make millions of people happy worldwide, surrounding yourself with amazing people that are more like a friend of yours, and people who are willing to teach you and help you, having delicious meals every day, team buildings... we can go on and on.

Cons

Nothing specific to share here. Nordeus is a company where people are in the center of attention, and they make sure to work on the feedback you provide.

Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review! Our people are definitely our number one game and we treat them that way. :) Maja Kvrgic, Employer Branding Specialist

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I'm home!

May 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Belgrade, Central Serbia
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nordeus is a beautiful company led by really nice and good people. Your colleagues can really fast grow into close friends and you start to feel like you've returned home really fast. It's been over a year now that I'm working here and I feel like I've known these people for so long. I like that Nordeus is independent and takes care of its employees. The project I'm working is something that I've dreamed on working throughout my childhood and I really really enjoy my time!

Cons

I can't really remember any.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing culture and workplace

Mar 19, 2021 - Lead Game Designer in Belgrade, Central Serbia
    Business Outlook

Pros

- work space is amazing - the effort put into making people comfortable and able to just focus on work (I was an expat) is the best I have ever experienced. Every company says that they put their people first, but Nordeus actually does. - examples of the above are the handling of the covid situation, unlimited vacation, revenue share system, flexibility in how you work, opportunities for learning both internally and externally, etc etc. The list is long and extensive. - there is just in general, and amazing help and support culture throughout the company that becomes very clear in the day to day work

Cons

- pressure on all projects to be the next major success for the company - scaling teams and projects up too quickly at times (because of the above)

Employer Branding Specialist

It's always great to hear a positive experience, especially coming from a former employee! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it. :) Maja Kvrgic, Employer Branding Specialist

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Awesome company to work at!

Mar 11, 2021 - Software Developer in Belgrade, Central Serbia
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Nordeus never stops to amaze. Apart from all the benefits and perks Nordeus provides, the biggest benefit is the trust that company has in its people. With the great atmosphere and relationship people have, we are set to success even in the most challenging projects. We are constantly learning new technologies, have support from our leaders to grow in professional way, we work on games people love, what more can I say..

Cons

I can't remember any cons now.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Branding Specialist

This just made our day! :) Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Maja Kvrgic, Employer Branding Specialist

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dynamic environment with lots of opportunities to learn and develop!

Mar 12, 2021 - Localization Specialist in Mali Beograd
    Business Outlook

Pros

When you work at Nordeus, there is no that weird feeling in your stomach on Sunday night. You know that on Monday morning you are going to your second home. Being in a role that requires working across different teams I really appreciate the dynamic environment where everyone is able to contribute with their ideas although they might not be directly impacting the games. Also, I'm very proud to be a part of an organization that shares it’s knowledge unselfishly and a lot more with the community out of the company, caring about the country’s education, health centres, IT development etc.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience! People are our number one game and we are always glad to hear testimonials that confirm that. :) Maja Kvrgic, Employer Branding Specialist

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Will always be one hit wonders

Oct 5, 2020 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

New office, benefits package though now becoming industry norm now, some good people to work with.

Cons

They live on the fear that they are a one hit wonders, especially senior management. They employ highly skilled expats who never last but see successful before and after Nordeus, yet never at Nordeus. The ones that last are the yes men holding out for retirement. Also they have instilled a heavy micromanagement environment which is scary as they don’t accept they have. They say one thing and do another.

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we really do welcome this type of feedback. Over the years, we have grown as a company, as people, and with many games that have seen only a certain life span. We’re in an industry that is dominated by big success stories, big expectations, and with that comes big ambitions. And we are no different. We employ highly skilled experts locally and from around the world, but they all have the same things in common - they are passionate about making games, have a self-starter attitude, are team players, and share our company value to win as one. We have continuously strived to develop a creative and collaborative atmosphere that looks to enhance all of that, so we are truly sorry that you feel this way about your time with us, and we wish you all the best. Milan, CCO

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Serbian's finest micro managers!

May 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, state of the art office, good people to work around.

Cons

Stuck in their way of thinking, CEO puts on a good show but behind the scenes likes to remind you how "grateful" you should be working for Nordeus, never asked themselves why do expats excel everywhere else besides here?! They look after their own and micro manage everyone else. 1 successful game in 10 years tells it all.

6 people found this review helpful

Head of HR

Hi! We really do welcome these open and honest conversations, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feedback. We welcome experience from all around the world and listen to experience, so we're sorry you feel that way. We wish you all the best! Sanja Head of HR

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Sleepy Hollow - a headless horseman

Nov 6, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, benefits and offices are great. Generally nice people and Belgrade is an fun and interesting place to live for a bit.

Cons

Nordeus is really a tech company that just so happens to make games - or rather made a game...ten years ago. (The latest efforts and offerings are notably scant and flakey executed derivatives) Since then, despite its financial success and hiring top global talent it cannot help itself to stifle real change. It fails in its principle purpose - making games. The surrounding functions are pretty good - marketing, hr, catering, etc...but the creativity and game making is micro managed and in conflict with overall strategy. I fear the strategic conflict is the nail in the coffin for this moribund studio - coupled with the stubborn, sometimes arrogant, dismissive attitude to those with real experience they hire. It gets a bit embarrassing. Effort is diverted from making games to managing ego and relationships in a fearful environment. It’s a real shame - as it has/had everything to needed to succeed, save perhaps a lack of ego in the top leadership.

9 people found this review helpful

Nordeus

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We always strive for an open feedback culture so while I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, I'm grateful you've shared your thoughts. I wish you all the best in your next role, Courtney, Head of TA

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews