Nordic Consulting Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Nordic Consulting Partners CEO Bruce Cerullo
Bruce Cerullo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Experiencing actual work/life balance is great (in 9 reviews)

• Friendly and helpful home office (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be extremely busy at times, but Nordic is growing rapidly, especially in certain areas, and that comes with the territory (in 3 reviews)

• None of the bench pay or PTO that you get if salaried (in 4 reviews)

1. "Outstanding Consulting Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency, Excellent benefits, Very intelligent peers

Cons

Consulting can be hit or miss, Limited bench pay

Advice to Management

Continue to try and keep the small company feel despite Nordic's growth in size.

2. "Still the best place I've worked"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Talented co-workers, a clear vision that includes treating people right and doing the right thing, lots of flexibility as long as you get your work done.

Cons

Any cons are picking gnats... it is a great place to work/.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing, and over-communicate what is going on and why.

Aug 24, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing! jp

3. "Genuine People and Culture! Nordic is Awesome!"

Current Employee - Managed Services Analyst in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Managed Services Analyst in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nordic Managed Services Analyst

• First and foremost, all of the swag is awesome. When you walk in the door they throw you a water bottle and a Nordic backpack and about 12 other things that are Nordic Green.
        • Nordic has maxims that aren’t just words that hang on the wall, but values that are reaffirmed every day and evident in all the work they do from the entry level analyst position all the way up to executive level management. I really appreciate that at the beginning of our meetings we focus on a maxim and center our focus on the mission of "improving healthcare for patients and their families."
        • Nordic's leadership values work/life balance and your well-being. They invest in your professional development as well as your personal growth. These manifest in development sessions called Grow. Teach. And they allow you to interface with departments and learn professional skills that would not traditionally be in your purview. As well as teach you skills for your personal life (stress management).
        • Transparent about everything from day one.
        • Managed services specifically is growing rapidly and with that comes the unique feel of a start-up that creates an exciting environment.
        • Everyone is genuinely happy that you are here. There are so many smart and driven people that work here. The break room is full of smiling faces on Monday. The senior leadership takes the time to get to know and meet everyone from the top down.
        • Great benefits and perks in the home office.

Cons

You will never see green the same way again

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome

Aug 1, 2017 – VP - Consulting Services

Wow - that is quite an endorsement. Thank you! Make sure you keep us honest and that we continue to focus on what makes this place a great place to work.

- John

4. "Transparent and flexible options"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High bill rate, transparent contracts with fixed take home %, strongest market position of any competitor

Cons

Weak benefits if you live outside of Madison

Jul 25, 2017 – VP - Consulting Services

Thanks for the feedback - it is great hear you've had a good experience. You've seen quite a bit at Nordic over the last 5+ years!

We've heard the concerns about our healthcare costs, and are... More

5. "Epic Therapy"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a Monthly call with my Project Manager (who btw is an expert in my application) - she allows me to vent and talk through major hurdles - then challenges me to think about issues/obstacles differently, Using Nordics Maxims - she always seems to turn the negative into a positive with her solid advice - its like Epic Therapy.

Nordic has some pretty awesome swag. I have a backpack, Messenger Bag, a few water bottles - Love the color scheme - I always feel proud sporting the Green while walking through the airport or on-site at my client.

Cons

Every company has cons - however I can't think of any right now!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - Nordic has incorporated a concept by appointing an On-Site Lead - which is a consultant who helps other consultants with Nordic related FAQs and Client related FAQs. Having someone at this capacity is really nice for on-boarding both at Nordic and at the client site. Plus, if your selected for this position, you have the opportunity to plan out local consultant gatherings, home office to client-site mixers and has it's very own lucrative pay structure.

Jul 20, 2017 – VP - Consulting Services

I'm so happy that you have had such a great experience at Nordic! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. And keep the feedback, good and bad, coming!

- John Manzuk

6. "Great experience @ Nordic!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, ME

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Nordic brand-new at consulting. The folks at Nordic's central office are great at getting new employees ramped-up, oriented at their new contract, and are just a phone call or email away for questions or issues. A great experience! I have worked with a number of consulting companies in a previous role and my experience on this side of the fence has been wonderful, thanks to my fabulous colleagues.

Cons

None that I have experienced

Jul 20, 2017 – VP - Consulting Services

That is great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

- John Manzuk

7. "Nordic is Awesome!"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nordic is constantly working to promote career growth and personal development in their employees, in addition to ensuring they have work/life balance. I have never felt so supported by a company, and my supervisors are reliable, informative, and constructive.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome :)

Jul 14, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thanks for your kind words and for stopping by to share! jp

8. "Fantastic Company and People"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Passion for company, people, clients and candidates alike. Transparent. Ethical. Respectful.

Cons

Honestly, don't have any to share.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Jul 14, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Glad you are happy! We'll try to keep it that way! jp

9. "Great company and culture!"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nordic values you, and your individual talents, more than any other place I've been. The relationships you build are open and honest-something that can be hard to find in other companies. They treat you fairly and recognize, and encourage, you to have a life outside of work!

Cons

The only negative I've encountered are the benefits offered. Those could be more competitive.

Jul 14, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thanks for the kind words! We have big plans for the benefits. Stand by! jp

"Come work here"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stellar leadership team
    Creative, fun, and flexible environment
    Cutting-edge solutions for clients
    Consultant centric firm, they truly value their consultants and allow choice on submissions
    Ongoing professional development and mentoring
    Nordic has a stellar reputation and high KLAS scores

Cons

Without former Epic experience, there isn't much room for career advancement

Jun 19, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thanks for sharing what you love about Nordic. As to advancement, we have seen a number of folks (without Epic experience) advance their careers internally over the past few years. We're also... More