Nordic Consulting Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Nordic Consulting Partners CEO Bruce Cerullo
Bruce Cerullo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Experiencing actual work/life balance is great (in 11 reviews)

• Friendly and helpful home office (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be extremely busy at times, but Nordic is growing rapidly, especially in certain areas, and that comes with the territory (in 3 reviews)

• None of the bench pay or PTO that you get if salaried (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company with driven employees"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time

Pros

- Engaging and fulfilling work
    - Intelligent, fun co-workers
    - Leadership team that is open and direct
    - Great culture

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

2. "Great people"

Current Employee - Managed Services Analyst
    Current Employee - Managed Services Analyst

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, good work/life balance, relaxed office culture, plenty of opportunities for growth

Cons

The benefits (namely the health insurance and 401K) leave a lot to be desired, and there appears to be a significant gender gap in wages

Advice to Management

Put more women in leadership roles and review how women are being paid compared to men

Apr 11, 2018 – VP - Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to see you are enjoying being part of Managed Services. This team is full of wonderful people that are doing fantastic work for our... More

3. "Just another firm"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Madison, WI

I worked at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nordic is very open regarding compensation, bill rates and requirements. Most of the consultants they hire are top notch with very few duds. It's similar to Epic in the way that most everybody there is very smart.

Pay is great, benefits if you live in Wisconsin are great.

401(k) match which many firms don't have.

Monthly tech allowance, free vision/dental coverage.

Cons

- Most of the reviews on here came shortly after Nordic blasted an email requesting employees to write reviews to have a higher rank in some industry ranking. Take the glowing recommendations with a bucket of salt.
    - They aren't the small nimble company they used to be. The explosion of VPs and other management and overhead has not helped the hourly consultants.
    - Managed services is taking some hourly work. This is a market trend and not specific to Nordic.
    - It seems that Nordic has a preference for full time salaried employees when matching consultants to open gigs. This makes sense as they have to pay the salaried employee regardless but it is the wrong thing to do by their customers.
    - Nordic always gives you a choice but sometimes they only give you one choice and basically tell you to take it or leave it. They were quite proud of you being allowed to take or leave your extension but when I tried to leave my extension on the table, they got pissed.
    - Several of the PM/PDs that I worked with were great. They moved on or up and the replacements have been lackluster. They don't seem to be on the consultants team. They seem like they are working for Nordic.

Advice to Management

You're not the only firm out there and you used to be the best. As you've expanded, you seem to be losing the company culture that made you the best. You're rapidly becoming just another firm. That's fine as an acquisition is obviously on the horizon. The potential to be great again is still there as all of the components rate highly. It's just the overall rating that isn't so hot these days.

Apr 10, 2018 – Senior Director - Consulting Services

Thank you for taking the time to post this review - we certainly pride ourselves in having an immensely talented team, both internal and consultants. While I'm glad to hear you feel we've maintained... More

4. "Best consulting company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is attentive and professional. You are part of a team and they make you feel included even though you travel.

Cons

I can’t really think of any...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Managed Services Division"

Current Employee - Managed Services Senior Consultant in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Managed Services Senior Consultant in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are genuinely nice to work with. There is definitely a sense of collaboration and team. There is somewhat of a start up feel as everyone seems to be invested in doing whatever needs to be done for the company to be successful, for you to be successful, and for the environment to be enjoyable.

Cons

The parking isn't ideal, but it's not even close to a deal breaker.

Feb 2, 2018 – VP Managed Services - Delivery

Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Great to hear that you've had a good start in Managed Services. We're in for an exciting couple of years!

- John

6. "Nordic is an excellent place to work."

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Madison, WI

I worked at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time

Pros

Excellent Corporate Culture and people. Everyone is willing to do their job and help each other succeed. Good benefits. Great Leadership.

Cons

I and 17 others have been displaced due to some restructuring.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Dec 18, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your positive insights - especially following a hard transition. I'm glad we had a chance to work together. - jp

"Great company in a period of transition and evolution (with all the pains that entails)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great people who want to work hard, treat each other well and do the best work they can for our clients and consultants.
    - The work is interesting and challenging and you are rewarded for good work.
    - Really great office and workspace - I think we often take for granted how nice it is to have a beautiful building, free and plentiful snacks, etc. in close proximity to downtown Madison (AKA not stuck out in the boonies-that-shall-not-be-named).
    - For the most part, a smart, kind and engaged leadership who wants the best for the company and makes moves to help w/ our future growth and success.

Cons

- Some differences in workload, competition, and bad feeling among teams makes morale inconsistent. Some teams have a great thing going and some are struggling.

Advice to Management

- Keep being open and direct about what's going on with the industry & business
    - Some of your best players are struggling with way too much work and not enough support and recognition. Listen to those people and take them seriously. It's not just our consultants that we have to treat well to keep on board.

Dec 18, 2017 – Senior Director - Consulting Services

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful points and advice. I agree, it's so easy to forget about the beautiful place we get to work, which is a wonderful perk, even for those traveling in from far away... More

"Evolving Company with Many Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nordic is evolving with the healthcare industry and recently made some tough decisions. Although these decisions negatively impacted some people, the decisions were a well thought out business move and highly admirable.
    Management is very approachable and responds promptly to feedback.
    Wonderful place to learn and grow.
    Bruce, our CEO is very intelligent and runs Nordic very well, but still is very approachable and genuine.
    Very flexible hours and work life balance.
    Individualized career paths.
    Hard work gets you places.
    Co-workers are very intelligent, fun, and great people.
    At the end of the day, Nordic is a results based company so hard work, drive, and transparency will get you places.

Cons

Working on clients in different time zones is challenging but that is part of consulting so no true company cons.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. Great companies are great because they make the tough decisions. Sadly, negative opinions are often heard more than positive ones but you are doing a great job!!

Nov 27, 2017 – VP Managed Services - Delivery

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - glad to see you've had a great first year!

- John

"Proceed with Caution"

Pros

The people at Nordic are amazing. Smart, talented, fun, and dedicated.

Cons

There has been a lot of change at the company. It isn't what it use to be, and they are not clear about where they want to go. I'm not sure leadership knows where they want it to go. Recent layoffs and mixed messages from leadership amplifies the uncertainty.
    No true growth path for employees.

Dec 13, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

There has indeed been a lot of change at Nordic! We’ve been evolving for years and recent changes are a part of that maturation. Companies that don’t change can’t lead. And they can’t survive. I... More

10. "Great place to be!"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and people. Strong senior leadership team that is open, trustworthy and is continuing to evolve the business.

Cons

With so much growth, some people don't yet fully embody our maxims.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Nov 28, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thanks for the feedback and observations. Fully embracing the culture and the maxims is a process. With your help, we'll make it happen. :-) Thanks again for stopping by! jp