Nordic Consulting Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Nordic Consulting Partners CEO Bruce Cerullo
Bruce Cerullo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Experiencing actual work/life balance is great (in 10 reviews)

• Friendly and helpful home office (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be extremely busy at times, but Nordic is growing rapidly, especially in certain areas, and that comes with the territory (in 3 reviews)

• None of the bench pay or PTO that you get if salaried (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best consulting company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is attentive and professional. You are part of a team and they make you feel included even though you travel.

Cons

I can’t really think of any...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Managed Services Division"

Current Employee - Managed Services Senior Consultant in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Managed Services Senior Consultant in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are genuinely nice to work with. There is definitely a sense of collaboration and team. There is somewhat of a start up feel as everyone seems to be invested in doing whatever needs to be done for the company to be successful, for you to be successful, and for the environment to be enjoyable.

Cons

The parking isn't ideal, but it's not even close to a deal breaker.

Feb 2, 2018 – VP Managed Services - Delivery

Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Great to hear that you've had a good start in Managed Services. We're in for an exciting couple of years!

- John

"Best people to work with ever."

Current Employee - Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people. Nordic has the smartest and most collaborative folks supporting our consultants. The maxims and culture are great. Nordic really cares about our consultants. We do anything we can to keep them happy and doing good work.
    Being a leader is encouraged and ideas are welcomed no matter your role. Best place to work if you love working with people. You’ll find many friends at Nordic.
    Nordic’s non-bureaucratic structure is great.

Cons

The company has become quite top heavy in the sales/client team. Although there is a reason for the structure set-up, directors, specialists, admins, and managers seem to be carrying the bulk of the workload and keeping client and consultant relationships at their best. As VP hires have increased, sales have decreased. Nordic could benefit from more supportive roles as most people have too much on their plates and those ‘doers’ are so good at making those many small, but important impressions. They provide the direct support that makes the business successful.
    There is most often disconnect between the different business lines and each of those areas have their own unique needs.

Advice to Management

Invest all the time needed in the great people you have there. It’ll keep them happy and they will never let you down. Coach the new leaders/hires that key fact and require it in every role.

Jan 29, 2018 – EVP - Client Partnerships

Thank you for the feedback. I couldn’t agree more that our people are what sets us apart. We’ll continue to focus on relationships as one way we can differentiate ourselves. In 2017, we invested in... More

4. "Nordic is an excellent place to work."

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Madison, WI

I worked at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time

Pros

Excellent Corporate Culture and people. Everyone is willing to do their job and help each other succeed. Good benefits. Great Leadership.

Cons

I and 17 others have been displaced due to some restructuring.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Dec 18, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your positive insights - especially following a hard transition. I'm glad we had a chance to work together. - jp

"Great company in a period of transition and evolution (with all the pains that entails)"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great people who want to work hard, treat each other well and do the best work they can for our clients and consultants.
    - The work is interesting and challenging and you are rewarded for good work.
    - Really great office and workspace - I think we often take for granted how nice it is to have a beautiful building, free and plentiful snacks, etc. in close proximity to downtown Madison (AKA not stuck out in the boonies-that-shall-not-be-named).
    - For the most part, a smart, kind and engaged leadership who wants the best for the company and makes moves to help w/ our future growth and success.

Cons

- Some differences in workload, competition, and bad feeling among teams makes morale inconsistent. Some teams have a great thing going and some are struggling.

Advice to Management

- Keep being open and direct about what's going on with the industry & business
    - Some of your best players are struggling with way too much work and not enough support and recognition. Listen to those people and take them seriously. It's not just our consultants that we have to treat well to keep on board.

Dec 18, 2017 – Senior Director - Consulting Services

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful points and advice. I agree, it's so easy to forget about the beautiful place we get to work, which is a wonderful perk, even for those traveling in from far away... More

"Evolving Company with Many Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Madison, WI

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nordic is evolving with the healthcare industry and recently made some tough decisions. Although these decisions negatively impacted some people, the decisions were a well thought out business move and highly admirable.
    Management is very approachable and responds promptly to feedback.
    Wonderful place to learn and grow.
    Bruce, our CEO is very intelligent and runs Nordic very well, but still is very approachable and genuine.
    Very flexible hours and work life balance.
    Individualized career paths.
    Hard work gets you places.
    Co-workers are very intelligent, fun, and great people.
    At the end of the day, Nordic is a results based company so hard work, drive, and transparency will get you places.

Cons

Working on clients in different time zones is challenging but that is part of consulting so no true company cons.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. Great companies are great because they make the tough decisions. Sadly, negative opinions are often heard more than positive ones but you are doing a great job!!

Nov 27, 2017 – VP Managed Services - Delivery

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - glad to see you've had a great first year!

- John

"Proceed with Caution"

Pros

The people at Nordic are amazing. Smart, talented, fun, and dedicated.

Cons

There has been a lot of change at the company. It isn't what it use to be, and they are not clear about where they want to go. I'm not sure leadership knows where they want it to go. Recent layoffs and mixed messages from leadership amplifies the uncertainty.
    No true growth path for employees.

Dec 13, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

There has indeed been a lot of change at Nordic! We’ve been evolving for years and recent changes are a part of that maturation. Companies that don’t change can’t lead. And they can’t survive. I... More

8. "Great place to be!"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and people. Strong senior leadership team that is open, trustworthy and is continuing to evolve the business.

Cons

With so much growth, some people don't yet fully embody our maxims.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Nov 28, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thanks for the feedback and observations. Fully embracing the culture and the maxims is a process. With your help, we'll make it happen. :-) Thanks again for stopping by! jp

"Rewarding for a Working Mom"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since day one my co-workers and leadership team have highlighted my strengths and clearly communicated their expectations of my work. It has given me a great sense of purpose in my career. I've also been given a strong sense of ownership over my area of expertise and feel trusted to make decisions on my own.

Another aspect that I love about working here is that the general vibe is fun and uplifting. People are talented in their areas of expertise and passionate about what Nordic is striving to accomplish in healthcare.

Nordic also has a transparent leadership team who really cares about your ideas, thoughts, and overall career success. The health IT marketing is changing and I've been well informed on how that has impacted Nordic and the exciting changes Nordic plans to make for future growth.

Lastly, as a working mom this has been hands down the best environment for me to care for and be the mother I want to be for my kids. I'm able to put my family first and that says a lot about what Nordic values.

Cons

It can feel uncertain as the healthcare IT market is changing, but I feel confident about where Nordic is heading.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your transparency in the recent shifts of the health IT market and the impacts that has made on Nordic. You've made me feel as though my voice is heard when I have a concern and that it is safe to ask questions about the future. I would advise you to continue your approach to corporate growth, transparency, and passion for the Nordic culture.

Nov 26, 2017 – Sr. Director of Marketing

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We will certainly do our best to continue listening to the voices of our Nordic team . Thanks again! jp

10. "Great culture"

I have been working at Nordic Consulting Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nordic has a strong company culture.

Cons

Ups and downs of our industry/market.

Nov 12, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for sharing! The market is certainly evolving and we are continuing to evolve to best meet our clients' changing needs. Thanks for being a part of Nordic! jp