Norima Consulting Software Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

Norima Consulting Software Developer Reviews

Found 3 reviews

5.0
David Kuik
  1. "A great company to be a part of"

I have been working at Norima Consulting full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- A fast growing company with many opportunities - Upper management does a great job at listening to your desires and matching you to clients that you feel the most capable and comfortable in - A plethora of great talent within the company that helps motivate you to grow as a professional - Empowers their employees from the bottom-up and listens to what they have to say

Cons

Being a consulting firm, sometimes I feel like there can be a bit of a disconnect between the people making compensation decisions and the people who are aware of your what you accomplished for your clients. I have only been with the company for 2.5 years and have only had a couple performance appraisals so take this with a grain of salt.

Advice to Management

Keep employing great people and foster the "innovations" mindset to keep the good ideas coming from within the company.

Norima Consulting2018-11-15

"Innovations Division: Great Place to Start (and continue) a Career"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Norima Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits and RRSP matching - Welcoming environment and strong sense of team spirit - CEO is down-to-earth, competent, and motivated with a strong technical background - Some opportunity to work from home when necessary - Lots of opportunity for growth and to have your voice heard

Cons

Personally, I don't see this as a con, but some might: Since the division is relatively small, developers are expected to "wear many hats". That is, developers play the role of: software developer, QA, Dev. Ops., client support, etc. Personally I see this as being a way to learn more, but I know there are those that prefer more distinct roles.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage "thinking outside the box". Days spent working on side-projects (see: Hack Days) foster an environment where new ideas can flourish and new skills can be acquired without mucking up existing projects. It's nice being kept in the loop in regards to company direction and business strategy. I always appreciate the quarterly staff meetings.

Norima Consulting2017-04-17
  3. "Exceptional workplace!"

I have been working at Norima Consulting full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Respectful workplace, professional management, puts strong value on employees at its core.

Cons

I'll share downsides of working at Norima when I come up with some...

Norima Consulting2017-04-18