North American Bancard Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
North American Bancard President & CEO Marc Gardner
Marc Gardner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are some really great people that have helped this company reach success" (in 12 reviews)

• "Great work environment, Team Effort, Great Benifit Package, Place too Grow" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Two-faced upper management, You are not a human here" (in 14 reviews)

• "HR department has turned over 3 or 4 times in as many years" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to make a Career"

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel like the success of the company is understated and there is still more to come. I really enjoy the people here and the building is breath-taking. There are still opportunities to make a difference here and I always enjoy working for a Founder lead company. I believe that we will win and look forward to contributing to it.

Cons

Like any company communication is always the thing that seems easiest but is the toughest to execute effectively. We work on it and I am confident we will improve.

Advice to Management

Work/Life balance is something that is growing in importance to people. Having days off, whether it is more recognized holidays, flex schedules, work from home or richer PTO policies are great ways to demonstrate you care about your team by giving time back to your staff to spend time away, re-energize & re-focus.

North American Bancard Response

Apr 5, 2018 – North American Bancard

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights and experiences to-date at NAB! We appreciate your enthusiasm and confidence about the future of the company.

Our leaders recognize the... More

2. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Managers, helped you grow and meet your goals did not micromanage. Great technology simple one page online app for new merchants made the sales process easy. Work from home position great technology on company laptop for a remote position. Great benefits low cost

Cons

Lower base salary with no ramp up

Advice to Management

Keep the same management style

"Risky Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at North American Bancard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and location

Cons

This company is a joke upper management are back stabbing and a Human resources is worse they lie to you I file complaints they totally ignore you They only promote the people that they They light doesn't matter of their qualified or not The EPX office in Tempe has no guidance they let 2 decent managers go one entire team let go. They claim they let people go due to re organization and budget cuts however they promoted other team Members a week after this big wave of reorganization of letting people go This people don't care about your family or well being All they care about is the money Supposedly is a hand book But it's not being used the Tempe office allows brothers and sisters and fathers and son working together under the same umbrella It's not Acceptable it causes work conflict but Human resources allow it. The The Tempe office has a role if you're not in management you're not to park undercover parking however they allow the people Babe want or like to continue to park undercover parking and they're no longer in management It's unfair to the people that comes to work every day and do their jobs and don't how that family tie to the organization If you dare say anything then you treated horribly in office P's refuse that people are posting are so true This company only has a 2 and a 1/2 star that should tell you how horrible they treat their employees I'd let the company because it was horrible All I enjoy was getting my pay check And the few people that I work with made it a lot easier to come to work however dealing with upper management they talk to you like you're stupid They have far to many team leads. Some management is remotely managing Teams that they have clue on what they're They rely on the employees to get the job done While they take credit for it The managers they had in the Tempe office were decent people It was sad To see them Be treated the way they were the day they told everyone their job was gone and upper management had no remorse or feeling towards these people losing their jobs They weigh-in on like it was nothing at all I knew then it was time for me Find a new job and get out of that horrible place

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to clean out all your upper management and start fresh Just too many people in operation there Managers And Team leads that should not be a management whatsoever. Upper management you might have succeed on cutting budget by you guys have a badd reputation He really need to visit your HR department M really take a good look at all you guys have working for you

"Why do we still work there???"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is literally nothing left to be positive about.

Cons

The pyramid of doom (CEO, CTO and CFO). Short sighted decision making, they do a lot of rearranging the deck chairs on the NAB titanic.

These are the values NAB operates with, you won’t find these listed on the website.

Unfamiliar with the truth
    Questionable ethics
    Deny and deflect
    Narcissism
    No empathy
    Dilutions of grandeur
    Driven by profit and greed
    Boys will be boys

I’m still treated like part of the solution, unfortunately I’ve now seen too much. A team that was billed as “the new direction“ now feels like it’s next on the chopping block. Time to go on my terms...

Advice to Management

It’s too late

"Risk is Bull"

I worked at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

Some great company events, great pay

Cons

To many lazy leaders, to many leaders, HR a joke, sneaky unexpected lay-off and termerstion of whole Department’s

Advice to Management

So many team leads are not needed, Help with some work, fix your attitudes

"Too much red tape, Upper management is reckless"

I worked at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

Decent base salary, nice office

Cons

Human Resources initially took too long and too many interviews. Once hired there was way too much bureaucracy and management played favorites with little regard to other employees.

Advice to Management

Speed up the process, focus on an employees potential rather than your analytics. CEO & management needs training on empathy and respect

7. "CSA"

I worked at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

great environment and culture. grill in building

Cons

management is always changing, but for the most part everyone in TL position is nice to work with

8. "Great people"

Current Employee - Trainer in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Trainer in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are fantastic. I am learning so much. Teamwork and collaboration are a must. The casual work atmosphere is a blessing.

Cons

The company went through some restructuring, so it was uncomfortable at first, but now it is okay.

Advice to Management

Continue to connect to your teams and keep open lines of communication.

9. "Great People & Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership empowers you to do whatever is necessary to be successful. It’s incredible what can be accomplished with this type of attitude towards building a business.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about working for NAB.

"Company is cutting departments left and right"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee. For the most part co-workers were decent.

Cons

Inconsistent management. Two-faced upper management, You are not a human here. ZERO job security. If they do you wrong they will NEVER admit it.