North American Bancard Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
North American Bancard President & CEO Marc Gardner
Marc Gardner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Casual dress code and lots of food" (in 9 reviews)

• "There are some really great people that have helped this company reach success" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company has a cult-like reverence for the "Speed of Trust" values it preaches, despite not actually following many of those values as a company itself" (in 8 reviews)

• "Communication can be a little lacking between departments and upper management but it is something I see they are working on" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to make a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel like the success of the company is understated and there is still more to come. I really enjoy the people here and the building is breath-taking. There are still opportunities to make a difference here and I always enjoy working for a Founder lead company. I believe that we will win and look forward to contributing to it.

Cons

Like any company communication is always the thing that seems easiest but is the toughest to execute effectively. We work on it and I am confident we will improve.

Advice to Management

Work/Life balance is something that is growing in importance to people. Having days off, whether it is more recognized holidays, flex schedules, work from home or richer PTO policies are great ways to demonstrate you care about your team by giving time back to your staff to spend time away, re-energize & re-focus.

North American Bancard Response

Apr 5, 2018 – North American Bancard

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights and experiences to-date at NAB! We appreciate your enthusiasm and confidence about the future of the company.

Our leaders recognize the... More

2. "Lead Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Lead Network Engineer in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Network Engineer in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Feel like home! pretty easy going management and friendly team environment.

Cons

Honestly I haven't find anything concerning or questionable situation so far!

Advice to Management

I think they already know well, what they're doing as being top management so they don't need my advise(s) at this point.

North American Bancard Response

Apr 10, 2018 – Senior Vice President of Information Systems

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy that you are feeling "at home" at NAB already! We make it a priority to treat each other with respect and want everyone to feel like they are part of a... More

3. "I'm only writing this review to read other reviews."

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

My department is super flexible and respects a healthy work-life balance.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like decisions are made based on someone's preference rather than an honest look at what's best.

"Stressful place"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing I can say is good. The CEO throws tantrums cussing ,yelling with no filter good thing I don't have to see him everyday

Cons

This company is horrible when it comes to leadership and their HR partners HR partners only listens to Executives they don't listen to the managers and employees complaints the the reorganization that the company did was nothing but a decoy to get rid of all old management and Leadership to put in who they truly wanted in the first place the VP is nothing but of cutthroat person he doesn't care about no one but himself

Advice to Management

We organize the new leadership that they have and reorganize their HR department they let a lot of good people go at North American bancard

"My NAB Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at North American Bancard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of my direct management in the 7 years I was at NAB was fantastic. Very understanding and flexible. Plenty of room for career advancement. Our COO while I was there was amazing and did a lot to try to help put deserving women in leadership roles

Cons

It was not a very friendly environment for women. While most of my direct leaders were fantastic, I had several that were incredibly unprofessional and borderline sexist. While these individuals were not why I chose to leave NAB, they were the reason I seeked opportunities outside of their departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower level leadership more. They are the ones involved in the day to day workings of the departments that the company is built upon.

"Chaotic place to work"

Former Employee - Operations in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Operations in Troy, MI

I worked at North American Bancard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress code and great relationships with teams.

Cons

Upper management and Executives lack planning ability. Company has a shoot first and ask questions later method that often leads to major problems and recently loss of entire departments.

Advice to Management

Live less in the moment and think more about the future. Many employees are very loyal to the company but now are scared of losing their jobs because of a hastily made decision

"Is this company run by KD of GSW? Cause every one is a SNAKE!"

Pros

Location. Cafeteria has ok food.

Cons

Toxic environment and culture. CEO has nothing but yes men around hum and they are all too money hungry to see what's going on. Upper management is full of snakes. Only good person in that company left back in February cause she has a brain.

8. "Customer service Representative"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Care Representative in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Care Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at North American Bancard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, Team Effort, Great Benifit Package, Place too Grow

Cons

Some of the systems were very slow to either load or navigate while a customer/Merchant was on the line with a customer care rep.

Advice to Management

Do let good Teams or workers go without explanation.
    Continue to Manage Great Workers.

9. "Lots to Offer"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities and benefits. Absolutely wonderful co-workers. Easily saw myself working here until either I retired or moved away, however this is not the case.

Very glad, though, to have had the chance to learn and work in the payments industry by starting here.

Cons

Management was shifted around a lot, especially last year, which made employees uneasy and less confident in themselves and their work.

Was trained quite well for my entry level position, but did not experience the same when progressing to higher levels of the company.

Advice to Management

Your employees just want to know that leadership has their back and is truly prioritizing transparency and communicating effectively with them.

Value those that show innovation, drive and promise. Don't let them slip away.

10. "Processing at its finest"

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule , great co-workers, Fast paced environment, Caring Company .

Cons

Insurance is very expensive. I like my Job.