North American Bancard Reviews

Join the conversation on

Finance

61.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=North American Bancard~347746
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management often hires the first warm body to enter the building so they can have a butt in the seat and then tries to come up with reasons to remove the person before probation time expires.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless...can't make clear decisions.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Low pay but it's set by the company that I work for(in 11 reviews)
  • "The managers are fake the only way you can move on in the company is by kissing butt.The current manager doesn't even know anything about the job she came from Comcast in retention.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Leadership is awful.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of North American Bancard and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great experience and awesome people to work with

Apr 14, 2022 - Product Engineer Senior
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, work/life balance, and a sense of work pride. Benefits are great! Unlimited PTO is a plus. Everybody is nice and they are eager to help you. Team building is also a plus as there are events the companies will have. The company owns many companies so there is a lot of room for growth. The company has a strong standing within the payments and processing industry and will only continue to rise.

Cons

There are no cons thus far.

CHRO

What a GREAT review to start off my week, so thank you for taking the time to share it. I always love when our current team members take time to add positive feedback because that is so easy to forget to do. We are very excited about the Flex PTO program and so far it has been seen as a strong positive by almost everyone I speak to. I love it because it encourages our current team members to take well earned and needed PTO to decompress and be kind to themselves physically and mentally. It has also be a solid recruiting tool which allows us a chance to attract and retain the best talent possible. As for staying engaged with our valued team members...we only have MORE plans for open communication, involvement and activity in 2022. We need to thoughtfully build an even stronger, more positive culture given we remain a "by choice" remote organization and the key is staying close with our team members whether they are working in or offices or remotely. I appreciate the thumbs up and advice, thank you for taking the time to respond!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

TONS of Growth Despite Pandemic

Mar 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Innovative technology solutions for our customers; they keep getting better and better! - Significant forward movement with wellness and benefits offerings - Learning culture growth; more courses and webinars available - and more people taking advantage!

Cons

- Not enough focus on remote team building - Not enough opportunities to connect and/or collaborate with other teams/companies within the organization

CHRO

Thank you for this thoughtful review. While we always love getting five-stars, what is more important is getting objective feedback that we can respond to or act upon, so thank you for that! We appreciate your recognition of our innovative technology solutions. We were thrilled to discover recently that NAB was recognized as one of the best credit card payment apps for 2022 (Fit Small Business), one of the best credit card processors of 2021, (Tech Radar) and we won 2nd place Restaurant Smart Terminal Provider of the Year (The Strawhecker Group). We have raised the bar for 2022 and are looking forward to providing even more innovative solutions for our valued merchants. As far as your con’s, you raised very valid points. We have struggled to find new and different ways to connect people who are currently remote and in most situations will continue to work remotely. While we are are constantly brainstorming options, I am excited to share that we have completely revamped our onboarding process to include manager and team touch points in week one AND we are about to launch a new manager training program which will focus on ways leaders can better lead, manage and hold team members accountable remotely while also building a strong, positive culture for their team. We are not done, so if you have any suggestions, I encourage you to reach out to me or your HR Business Partner and share any ideas you may have. Again, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate you!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Growing company

May 2, 2022 - ERM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees well taken care of

Cons

Hours worked are excessive based on salary

CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your tenure with NAB. I am grateful for the feedback and that you felt well taken care of while you were part of the NAB family. I noticed that you worked in our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) group and want to thank you for the time, effort and energy you put into keeping our merchants and their customers safe. ERM is a critical component to our growth strategy and that team is comprised of an amazing group of hard working, dedicated, passionate, intelligent team members who do work very hard. My hope is our newly established Flexible PTO program will provide them the flexibility and balance we all need to be at our best. Thank you again for your feedback, we appreciate your point of view.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!

Feb 18, 2022 - Staff Accountant in Troy, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership always available to answer questions. Plenty of resources to find information. Amazing employee perks. Healthcare Discounts galore. Perks at Work discount program. Overall the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Zero cons, I don't have a single complaint.

CHRO

On behalf of the Executive Leadership team I just wanted to thank you so much for this glowing review. I love the energy and enthusiasm you have for your role and the perks & benefits NAB offers. Since you have been with us for less than a year, you know that all team members today have more options than ever before in the labor market, and we don't take that for granted. We are always looking for ways to improve upon the "care" we give team members. Thank you for taking time to share your positive thoughts, we are grateful you did and even more grateful that you decided to make NAB a place to build upon your career!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Learn & Great People

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great place to learn new things, work on a variety of projects, and get exposure to all levels and areas of the organization - Transparency and communication from the top down has really improved since we went remote due to COVID - Leadership overall flexibility and support to continue to work remotely - Overall just really great and nice people to work with - Great work life balance

Cons

- No defined career path/structure (top performers rewarded) - PTO & Bonus structure could be more competitive - Those with a "that's not my job" mindset or a likeness to bureaucratic organizational structure/culture might not do well here

CHRO

I love that you have been working at NAB for more than four years and felt passionate enough about your experience that you took the time to post this feedback on Glassdoor. We don't take that for granted. I agree with you that we have GREAT people at NAB...some of the best I have ever worked with or for. Thank you for your "advice to management" suggestions. We have increased our training and development presence and are excited to offer more than our usual technical training. This is a new development for us but already we have had some strong wins with BELONGING@NAB and Leadership Development training...much more to come in 2022! We have a strong belief that leaders drive culture and team members determine on thier own experience how much 'discretionary' effort they chose to give. At NAB I find so many team members go above and beyond, but we owe it to them to continuously improve upon our culture as well as the other aspect of work that rewards that discretionary effort such as variable pay for performance, ongoing development, workplace flexiblity and a focus on wellness. We are committed to getting better every day and feedback like yours makes it all worth while. Thank you again!

6. 2.0
    Current Employee

Fast Paced Environment

Apr 15, 2022 - Operations Manager in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Paced Environment , decentralized command

Cons

Too many moving targets to meet

CHRO

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback. I wish you had shared a bit more detail in your Pro's and Con's section because its very hard to align your comments with a two-star rating. Since you are a currently employed team member, I encourage you to please reach out to me or to you HR BP to share some of the details that caused you to leave this rating. We do have a fast paced environment - given we are a fintech company, our world changes minute by minute which is an exciting feature of working at NAB. Our recent award by the ETA of Top ISO for 2022 proves that our ability to innovate and move quickly is working for us. I am not sure what you mean by too many moving targets to meet so I cannot comment on that here, but again I am happy to discuss with you if you would like to talk...the invite is there, door is open. Thank you again for your feedback.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Review

Apr 14, 2022 - Team Leader in Troy, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work from home -Cool Management -PTO/Sick Days/Bday Holiday

Cons

-Low pay -Bad communication between departments

CHRO

I am always happy when I see our current team members provide feedback as it shows you care about improving the company going forward. I was excited to see your pro's - working from home, COOL management (that was my favorite one!) and PTO. I am sure our new Flex PTO program falls into the Pro column for you as well...its all part of ensuring people can show up to the job and do their best work because they have the flexiblity they need to balance work and life commitments. I wish you could have offered up better than a 3-star ranking and encourage you to reach out to me directly with your feedback for continuous improvement at NAB. We are not perfect, but we are way better than we were even 2 years ago! I am sorry you feel that we have "low" pay at NAB. I will tell you that we have been working in partnership with Lockton's Compensation Consulting group for the past 2 years and based upon everything we are getting from them, we are paying at or above market rate for all positions within NAB. Perhaps you are reacting to the media claims that everyone who leaves a company today gets a 10% increase...but we have given MORE than a 10% increase to our salary ranges and plan to do another increase this summer. We are watching this closely and take this situation very seriously. As for "bad communication" between departments, this is admittedly something we are working on. We get a little better every day, but need to get a LOT better more quickly. We have several strategic communications and collaboration plans in place for NAB, but they are just in the launch phase right now. If you have any suggestions I encourage you to reach out to me or your HR BP directly with ideas, we welcome the feedback. Thank you again for taking time to share your thoughts!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Horrific Senior Leadership Team

Feb 22, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some very solid, smart, and dedicated people at this business who try to do the right thing...this is all being done in spite of a Senior Leadership Team who doesn't care about the rank and file employees (the CXO is the one notable exception).

Cons

The business owner and CEO is a vile human being who has no regard for his employees, vendors, or customers. He's a bully with no moral compass and his Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Financial Officer are little more than henchman who do his bidding. The environment is toxic.

3 people found this review helpful

CHRO

I apologize for the slight delay in responding to your feedback as it was so severely worded, and such an outlier from the feedback we have received, I needed time to collaborate with our senior leadership team on the most appropriate response. As you know, executives in a company are put in place to focus on what is best for the employees and the company. Sometimes it is easy to throw stones when you are not the person that has to make hard decisions or when you might not have all of the data that went into the decision making itself. Our entire C Suite is 110% dedicated to doing what is best for our team members and creating a strong, positive culture at NAB. If believe that if we do what is best for our team members, then our team members can focus on doing what is best for our merchants and each other. Our CFO and CAO work tirelessly to ensure that our team members have the best working situation possible. As an example, in the first quarter of 2022 we introduced a Zen Spend account giving all team members $500 to spend on wellness related items AND we are rolling out Flexible PTO to ensure all team members have the flexibility they need to take time off and recharge. These are not “soulless” decisions made by leaders that don’t care about the “rank and file” (by the way, we are not fans of calling our valued team members “rank and file”). These kinds of decisions are completely focused on the health, wellbeing, safety and productivity of our team members. Our CEO is not unlike any other founder/CEO that has to make hard decisions every day as we drive towards their vision but he supports our C Suite strategy and focus on people at NAB. We are saddened that you felt the need to share this severe feedback in such a public manner instead of reaching out to have a conversation with any of us. I want to reiterate that any of us in the C Suite would still welcome a conversation around your perspectives and hopefully get everyone to a better, less volatile place.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

AMAZING Company!!

Dec 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for North American Bancard was one of the best career decisions I have ever made! This company truly cares about their employees, despite some I am seeing some other reviews say. The organization goes above and beyond to make sure we are doing well not only professional but also personally. There are multiple employees who have been here for 10+ years and have grown very successful careers at NAB. It has been a pleasure working here and I would highly recommend the company to anyone.

Cons

PTO could be a bit more generous. Aside from this, no cons.

CHRO

Wow! Thank you so much for this 5-star rating, I was so excited to read your feedback! I appreciate that you are a current team member at NAB and have been with us for a few years...which means you have been with us through the Pandemic and can really speak to how very much we care about everyone that works at NAB. Our efforts to support both PHYSICAL and MENTAL wellbeing at NAB has shaped our culture in positive ways. I was so proud of the way our leadership responded recently to the tragic shootings at Oxford High School in Oxford Michigan. Within minutes of hearing about the shootings, our HR team was making personal calls to all team members in the area to ensure their safety and the safety of thier loved ones. The company made a public statement to all team members later that day that expressed our sympathy and urged leaders to complete a mental health check on ALL team members. We wanted all to know, its okay to not be okay. The health and safety of our team members and their loved ones has been our top priority throughout the pandemic and will continue. We are so happy that you are happy here and truly appreciate the time you took to share your positive feedback on Glassdoor.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you like to Collaborate, You will Love NAB

Oct 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

NAB has incredible people! They are extremely willing to help whether it is via chat, email, face-to-face, or phone call. As almost the entire workforce is now remote, NAB didn't miss a beat when it came to making sure that folks had resources available to them to do their job well from. home. They are constantly encouraging teams to collaborate and do fun activities. They are PRESSING people to make sure that they take care of themselves by use of PTO time, wellness incentives and challenges, one-on-one meetings, and group meetings. I have yet to encounter a single person at NAB that when asked a question didn't try their hardest to find the answer for you. If they didn't have it, they always knew who to get you to and happily and voluntarily offered the information freely. It's not like that at many organizations. Sometimes you ask a question and it will just sit there unanswered with little to no attempt at resolving it. The management is relaxed for the most part and extremely understanding. When you take the initiative to openly speak to them, they listen with sympatheic and empathetic hearts. They offered an abundance of resources to the company during two tragic moments of grieving in the company. They constantly keep the entire organization abreast of trends, projects, and what is soon to come. I absolutely adore working for NAB and the relationships that I have made here.

Cons

While our company has improved on openly communicating, I would say that over communication is better then none. There have been some moments where projects took off and were implemented and no one really knew about them until the impacts of said project were felt down the chain. If you don't like change - this is not the company for you! Things move quickly - this could be a positive for some, but others may view it as a negative.

CHRO

GREAT subject line and even better five-star rating, thank you! While your feedback was positive, I appreciate the balance of Pro's and Con's. I agree with you that our team members are talented, helpful and friendly. I have had many situations over the past year, during COVID especially, with issues that would have been daunting to solve on my own, but everyone I reached out to for advice or assistance jumped in with both feet and the result was always positive. I appreciate your feedback on the communications. I love where we have taken our internal communications during the pandemic but we can always do more. There is a strong relationship between our internal communications team and our marketing team so expect to see more and different types of communication going forward. Finally, I always value any "advice to management" and I would be less than honest if I said I have not heard this feedback before. I strongly believe that there is no negative intent when communication around new and ongoing projects is less than ideal. I do believe that we are all moving so fast, sometimes the communication or updates are either forgotten or they lag the activity. Not an excuse, just an explanation. I will be sure to share this feedback with Jim Parkinson, Kirk Haggarty and David Greenberg to highten awareness of the issue and brainstorm ways we can make this situation better. Thank you again for your feedback, we are grateful.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 249 Reviews

North American Bancard Reviews FAQs

North American Bancard has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 271 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at North American Bancard to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, North American Bancard employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at North American Bancard. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

56% of North American Bancard employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated North American Bancard 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at North American Bancard to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with North American Bancard Job Seekers