North American Bus Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Technical Writer"

Former Contractor - Technical Writer Anniston, Alabama in Bay Minette, AL
    Former Contractor - Technical Writer Anniston, Alabama in Bay Minette, AL

I worked at North American Bus Industries as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

People who worked there were very friendly. IT was very good and made sure your computer was in top shape. The work was interesting and I learned something new every day. Direct supervisors were always very good and did the best they could with the situation they were given.

Cons

Highest stress I've ever dealt with in Technical Publications field. Asked for a contract employee's handbook four times and they were always out of them. I asked for an electronic copy of it several times and they ignored the request. Place where I worked was HOT during the summer it was 80 in the room. Went to climate control for 2 years during the summer complained and they never fixed it.

Advice to Management

Make it so that issues can be resolved I cannot tell you how many times there were issues brought up to upper management and we were told there was nothing that could be done about it.

2. "Began as contract ME, hired full-time and now ME manager. Growing, busy company."

Pros

New product line and new owners. Looking for chances to learn and then improve new company processes.

Cons

Transition from NABI to New Flyer. Trying to finish one product while starting a new product.

Advice to Management

Embrace change and trust the people you have in place.

3. "I believe that this was a job for me just until I could find something else"

Former Employee - Welder in Anniston, AL
    Former Employee - Welder in Anniston, AL

I worked at North American Bus Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to work with some people who were friends I had not seen in a long time

Cons

after 6 months there was not much interesting about the job anymore

5. "sales"

Pros

this is a good company to work for

Cons

I don't have any issues

6. "This place is a joke"

Pros

Great chance of moving up if you provide hydrocodone or cocaine to your boss. You can leave on the clock if your working on your boss' house. No leadership because your boss is probably at the home depot or Harley store so enjoy your freedom.

Cons

Boss' are arrogant and will ask you to do ridiculous hours for no reason and laugh because they made you stay. Forget any recreational activities you had or seeing your family as long as you work here.

Advice to Management

The upper management has put in place the mid level management (good ole boy system)and believes they do no wrong so any advice to upper management is wasted breath.

7. "Worked for people who had no clue."

Former Employee - Engineer in Anniston, AL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Anniston, AL

I worked at North American Bus Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the co-workers were good.

Cons

Management is clueless. Company was just bought out and new owners are clearing house.

Advice to Management

Have your resume typed up.

8. "A learning experience for introduction to the field of technical publications"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Anniston, AL
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Anniston, AL

Pros

Good Benefits, open dialogue with immediate dept. management,

Cons

the publications dept. seemed to constantly be 3 projects behind despite a constant work effort from most of the team members