North American Dental Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
North American Dental Group CEO Kenneth Cooper
Kenneth Cooper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company really focus' on patients and team members first" (in 10 reviews)

• "Fast growing company with good intensions but poor execution" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There have been no raises, incentives or bonuses in the time I have worked here" (in 8 reviews)

• "Although we get breaks, it’s very difficult to sit all day, of course It comes with the territory of being in a call center" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company I've ever worked for in my 15 year career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- They honestly care about the Team Members
    - Every meeting starts with sharing our gratitudes company wide
    - Incredible PTO. Actually, it's the best I've ever had. New people start with 3 weeks paid time off
    - It's organized as a "corporate" but they don't treat you like other "corporates"

Cons

It's a growing company. You need to be okay with changes.

2. "NADG"

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a culture that is aimed at understanding their employees as much as possible. They aim to integrate life and work so that you can spend time with your family. Even starting off, your first year you are granted up to 15 days off. The benefits package is good.

Cons

NADG is growing at an exponential rate. Because of this, there are often growing pains which are associated with rapid expansion.

Advice to Management

As the company grows to not forget about the needed infrastructure to handle things like HR and Team Development and that building a bench of strong leaders will be a necessity moving forward. There is also a need for a program designed to transition talented people that do not have a dental background into the industry so that they are put into position to succeed. I'd also keep in mind that while labor is your most controllable expense that cutting labor too much does have an adverse effect on patient service.

3. "Great!"

Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful hours, Bonuses, great pay, helpful staff, a doctor willing to teach new things everyday! This is a growing company lots of things to be stressed about throughout the day but hey that’s dentistry. My location has done an excellent job of making a corporate run office feel like private practice. I don’t have enough good things to say about this company!

Cons

Working on Saturday kinda stinks but it’s not too bad.

4. "Payroll"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in New Castle, PA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in New Castle, PA

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, team work, Open door policy

Cons

We grow very rapidly and it can be stressful at times

5. "Office Manager"

I worked at North American Dental Group full-time

Pros

I met some lifelong friends.

Cons

Poor management. Intimidation management. Constantly in the dark as to what is going on behind the scenes. Micromanagement environment.

6. "Great Job, especially for the area"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in New Castle, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in New Castle, PA

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great schedules, decent time off, amazing free dental benefits for the employee and great vision benefits for family plans. Really fun environment with super helpful and caring people.

Cons

The benefits over all are very expensive.

North American Dental Group Response

Oct 8, 2018 – Human Resources

Hello "Great Job," Thank you for taking the time to share your work experience. We take our team member's feedback very serious and appreciate your willingness to let us know what's not so great... More

7. "NADG Review"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is so positive. Each morning someone will say an upbeat “good morning!” and it starts your day off happy. The supervisors/directors make it a point to make sure each employee feels appreciated and valued, whether that be by telling you what a great job you are doing or putting on games for a chance to you to win prizes. North American Dental is place where if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Although we get breaks, it’s very difficult to sit all day, of course It comes with the territory of being in a call center.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job making their employees feel valued. It be nice to break down our days a little more, maybe to just walk around the building etc.

8. "Patient Service Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room to advance in the department and the company, supportive and positive team, a very fun environment that you look forward to coming to every day

Cons

Very busy - the company and department are growing very quickly and as a result, it does get very busy - but it helps the day go by faster

9. "Not a good experience"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at North American Dental Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with great Dr’s, Hygienists and office employees.

Cons

Low pay, no raises, horrible benefits and extremely long hours. Aggressive push to produce. Unseasoned, immature leadership team.

Advice to Management

The company has obviously gained financial success, and is rapidly growing. Give back, take better care of your employees.

10. "Fullfilled"

Current Employee - Director of Dentist Recruiting
    Current Employee - Director of Dentist Recruiting

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm PROUD to share with colleagues, friends, and family that I work for North American Dental Group. I can honestly say I love what I do and the team I do it for and with. The support I get from my leadership team and the teams I support is astonishing. We have a walk the walk and talk the talk approach toward our efforts. We're thankful for what we get to do every day, change people's lives -whether it be our teams or our patients. What a gift!

Cons

We are a fast growing organization and with growth comes pains and stressors. Sometimes in our daily grind we have missed communication opportunities.