North American Dental Group Employee Reviews about "no cons"

Updated Jul 31, 2020

4.4
North American Dental Group CEO Kenneth Cooper
Kenneth Cooper
Pros
  • "NADG encourages continued education online & onsite(in 34 reviews)

• "Through the coronavirus pandemic NADG never ceased to amaze me at their dedication to their team members and patients(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "You are not appreciated, under paid, no raises, treated like you are replaceable(in 10 reviews)

• "No one could really answer any questions I had for the short time I was working at this office(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "no cons"

Return to all Reviews

"Great family to be a part of- they respect my skills as a RDH and give me the necessary tools"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist RDH in Lombard, IL

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They practice what they preach. They say they care for us as team members and provide all the PPE necessary ( and then some) to keep us safe. Also, especially in this day and age, where so much cultural unrest and disrespect is prevalent, I feel that NADG has created a safe and respectful enviroment. Their core valuesnalign with mine. They offer the best care for the patient as well as their team members. And have the latest and greatest equipment and technology that makes my job easier.

Cons

There are many services we provide during an appointment for patients and sometimes it can be somewhat overwhelming for patients as well as providers.

North American Dental Group

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re grateful for your feedback and to have you on the NADG team!

2. COVID-19

"COVID Support & Patient Care"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a clinician, NADG fully supports a strong hygiene program. During COVID, the company provided countless hours of continuing education online. The communication from the leadership team was on point. Really gives hygiene a voice in the practice and encourages a strong periodontal program. Not only do they provide education around gum disease, but we are equipped with awesome cavitron tips and sharp hand scalers. They partner with a company to sharpen your instruments regularly.

Cons

The benefit package could improve.

3. "Reviews"

4.0
    Current Employee - Front Desk Coordinator

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, nice people to work with.

Cons

High turn over rate, does not follow through with peer reviews.

4. COVID-19

"Not about the employees or patients"

2.0
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Long Grove, IL

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

had PPE during pandemic due to it being corporate

Cons

Only care about production, don't care about their employees or their patients.

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re grateful for your feedback and will use it to continue to improve NADG for our patients and teammates. We’d appreciate the opportunity to address your feedback directly. Please reach out your manager or HR business partner to discuss.

5. COVID-19

"Would not recommend. Proceed with caution."

2.0
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at North American Dental Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vacation time for team members hired before 2020.

Cons

The RDOs and RDs try to practice dentistry from afar and outrageous treatment plans are expected to be presented, with financing for case acceptance regardless of patient base, and for many patients, it is embarrassing. If 50% or more of your patients are on Medicaid, many are struggling to find transportation to/from their appointment, yet every TP with extraction must have bone grafting. Having Care Credit processing goals should NOT be a best practice, this tool is a great option, but ultimately it is the patients decision. The dentist should be treating their patients, not someone in management who has no prior dental experience. Post Covid, the focus returned to "care", but prior to the pandemic, goals were 50% perio diagnosis, 80% fluoride, and 40% oral cancer screening, it was all business. Very poor work/life balance, with office hours fluctuating all the time, and regions striving for the "big bucks" by bringing specialists in on days the office was scheduled to be closed. Team member's end up working these extra shifts, just to be sent home early on their regular days to avoid overtime.

Marketing

"Honest, Loyal, Longterm relationship"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I have worked at this company for almost 2 years, and I could not speak higher about a dental affliation. I have worked for several in various capacities, and this company is in it for the long haul. They form long term meaningful relationships and they nurish those relationships! They care for the doctors and I couldn't imagine working for a better company

Cons

I do not particularly care for working on Saturdays, but our patient's love it. I got into this profession to take care of the patients. I will continue to work on Saturdays as long as I get to see my wonderful patients come in and get the utmost care. While it is a minor inconvenience for me, it is a major success for the patient's who cannot get off of work, or live busy lives!

Continue reading

"Caring People, Caring for People"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership, Comradery, Direction, Transparency, Intelligence

Cons

No cons at this time

"Gratitude, Generosity, and Gusto"

Current Employee - Resource Center Team Member

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time

Pros

Gratitude is truly at the core of NADG, as recognition and appreciation start every meeting and huddle. There is a culture of teamwork and unity I've never experienced in any of my past jobs, and our teams truly and honestly care about one another. NADG is a fast growing company, and you work hard, but you're empowered to grow and learn within that work. There is so much opportunity to learn from the leadership teams, to create relationships throughout every department and in the field, and to develop your position. Overall, I can honestly say I get up in the morning happy to go to work.

Cons

As the company grows, there could be more potential for the development of the 401k Program.

"Culture of Gratitude, Teamwork, Respect and Caring"

Current Employee - Team Member in New Castle, PA

Pros

Supportive teams working together to provide best-in-class patient care. Strong Leadership team that cares about their employees. Feels like family.

Cons

Benefits are expensive & 401(k) plan needs enhancement

10. "Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Leadership Team Member in New Castle, PA

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time

Pros

Culture is amazing! They really care about all of their team members!

Cons

Fast paced; high growth environment so be ready to work!

Found 195 reviews