North American Dental Group Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Jul 26, 2020

4.4
North American Dental Group CEO Kenneth Cooper
Kenneth Cooper
Pros
  • "NADG encourages continued education online & onsite(in 34 reviews)

• "Through the coronavirus pandemic NADG never ceased to amaze me at their dedication to their team members and patients(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "You are not appreciated, under paid, no raises, treated like you are replaceable(in 10 reviews)

• "No one could really answer any questions I had for the short time I was working at this office(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews

"Great family to be a part of- they respect my skills as a RDH and give me the necessary tools"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist RDH in Lombard, IL

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They practice what they preach. They say they care for us as team members and provide all the PPE necessary ( and then some) to keep us safe. Also, especially in this day and age, where so much cultural unrest and disrespect is prevalent, I feel that NADG has created a safe and respectful enviroment. Their core valuesnalign with mine. They offer the best care for the patient as well as their team members. And have the latest and greatest equipment and technology that makes my job easier.

Cons

There are many services we provide during an appointment for patients and sometimes it can be somewhat overwhelming for patients as well as providers.

North American Dental Group Response

North American Dental Group

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re grateful for your feedback and to have you on the NADG team!

2. COVID-19

"Would not recommend. Proceed with caution."

2.0
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at North American Dental Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vacation time for team members hired before 2020.

Cons

The RDOs and RDs try to practice dentistry from afar and outrageous treatment plans are expected to be presented, with financing for case acceptance regardless of patient base, and for many patients, it is embarrassing. If 50% or more of your patients are on Medicaid, many are struggling to find transportation to/from their appointment, yet every TP with extraction must have bone grafting. Having Care Credit processing goals should NOT be a best practice, this tool is a great option, but ultimately it is the patients decision. The dentist should be treating their patients, not someone in management who has no prior dental experience. Post Covid, the focus returned to "care", but prior to the pandemic, goals were 50% perio diagnosis, 80% fluoride, and 40% oral cancer screening, it was all business. Very poor work/life balance, with office hours fluctuating all the time, and regions striving for the "big bucks" by bringing specialists in on days the office was scheduled to be closed. Team member's end up working these extra shifts, just to be sent home early on their regular days to avoid overtime.

North American Dental Group Response

Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re grateful for your feedback and will use it to continue to improve NADG for our patients and teammates.

3. "Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Leadership Team Member in New Castle, PA

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time

Pros

Culture is amazing! They really care about all of their team members!

Cons

Fast paced; high growth environment so be ready to work!

4. COVID-19

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-Founders, high growth, industry leader in many aspects, team member centric culture, servant leadership mentality.

Cons

Typical high growth challenges, usually short term, stemming from rapid growth in foot print and many new affiliates

"Proceed with Caution"

2.0

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rapid Growth; friendly working environment; team members are open to learn and develop; Founding Partners are genuine & really do care about the future of the NADG family.

Cons

Founding partners compassion for people does not translate with others in upper management; Politics and stereotypes have developed as company has grown; Middle management struggles to transform numbers into a patient experience and/or care losing focus on the founding partners mission.

6. COVID-19

"Dedicated company that is dedicated to their team members and patients"

Current Employee - General Dentist

Pros

Through the coronavirus pandemic NADG never ceased to amaze me at their dedication to their team members and patients. Truly an organization that grows by implementing gratitude and empathy into their every move. I am proud to work for a group that perceives the coronavirus crisis as an opportunity to grow and invests in their team with countless hours of free high quality CE. Thank you for a great work environment and company culture.

Cons

I’m going to focus on the positive today

7. COVID-19

"Servant Leadership in Action"

Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at North American Dental Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's exciting to be a part of a group that is so universally selfless, dedicated, humble, and hard-working. The way NADG has cared for its team members during the COVID crisis, while at the same time relentlessly pursuing excellence in every aspect of operations is very inspiring. The future is bright - I feel fortunate to be along for the ride!

Cons

Being a larger group, some decisions take a little longer to put into action than in a smaller group or a solo practice.

Continue reading
  8. "Five star organization with smart leadership"

Current Employee - General Dentist

Pros

Being a NADG team member is being part of an elite organization surrounded by motivated caregivers who want to do what’s right by patients. Additionally, the company offers outstanding benefits and takes care of its own time and time again.

Cons

The company is growing fast so you need to be prepared for changes as they come up, but usually for the better and always first in class care driven.

"Amazing Culture, exponential Growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Atlanta, GA

Pros

A lot of companies talk about culture, but very few of them walk the walk like NADG. Everyone I work with I truly genuine and care for each other. This organization has had tremendous growth and continues to provide opportunities for their team members. I have great benefits, I have true servant leaders, and I have grown professionally. I’m grateful and proud to be part of this organization.

Cons

Fast growth means you need a good team that’s capable to go through the hard times. Not a Con for me, but if you are looking to chill at work and have boring days, this is not for you.

10. "Culture is truly amazing!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

*truly practice the culture they preach *energized, exceptional leaders *respect, compassion and empathy at all levels *always evolving and growing for the better *Incredible support from all levels of company *shows gratitude to all team members

Cons

Not really any cons at this time.

Found 23 reviews