North American Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Tom Williams
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Leasing Contracts Specialist

I worked at North American Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits; treat employees very well.

Cons

Very little diversity in upper management and executive positions. ☹️

Advice to Management

Diversity is good.

North American Properties2019-08-22
  2. "Good Company"

I worked at North American Properties full-time

Pros

Top level managers care about employees

Cons

Could be a bit more organized and offer training programs

North American Properties2019-02-25
  3. "Great Company"

I worked at North American Properties full-time

Pros

Work/life balance is great here. NAP seems to understand that family comes first, and you can tell they really want you to enjoy working for them. The company sees you as a person rather than a number, you'll frequently get chances to interact with the "higher ups" and your coworkers from other properties. Best team environment I've ever been a part of, I really felt as if my coworkers looked out for each other.

Cons

Because commission is a part of sales positions, you'll have to work hard to see the payoff. However, NAP offers some great sales incentives and competitions that make it worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to and investing in your employees at the property level. Feeling like our opinions were heard and valued is what made working for NAP so fulfilling.

North American Properties2018-07-02

"Yes Men- This Company Is For You!"

I have been working at North American Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is higher than most companies with decent benefits. Small enough company that you aren't a number. Plenty of opportunities for growth for in lower level positions. There are a couple of company sponsored events each year. They are great about investing in their properties rather than wanting us to "band-aid" problems.

Cons

Upper management shows favoritism so much it is gross while the hardest, most loyal employees are stepped on. Family run business and family is brought in with no experience rather than promoting a loyal employee with years of experience. Because this is a small company, there is little room for growth for someone with any experience. (Unless you are in the good ol boys club or family- then they might just create... a position for you).

Advice to Management

Hire a Regional Maintenance Supervisor who knows something about maintenance. Start random drug & alcohol testing- and consider running background checks on current employees INCLUDING upper management. Base your decisions on who does the best job- not who you like best. If you keep hiring yes men, the company won't grow. Give credit where credit is due.

North American Properties2017-09-23
  5. "Great Company"

I worked at North American Properties full-time

Pros

I worked for North American Properties for over 7 years. They are a great company to work for, benefits are good and they really put money back into their properties. They care about their residents as well as their employees.

Cons

All employees are not always treated equally.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same.

North American Properties2017-09-14
  6. "Amazing company who values their employees!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at North American Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Direct contact with leadership, they value their employees input. They truly understand that the people are what make their company successful, and treat them accordingly. Great pay, bonus structure, and benefits. A lot of room for advancement if you go for it! I have seen many people moved and promoted from within in my few years here.

Cons

The freedom to not follow a regimented Procedure book is fantastic, but could use a training program to help with hiring and training new people.

North American Properties2017-08-17

"Learning Opportunities but No Longevity"

I worked at North American Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of good Learning opportunities!

Cons

Not a team environment at all. Motivation tactics are harsh. Upper management tries to make employees feel valued but it is not genuine.

Advice to Management

Care about your people & making them happy.

North American Properties2017-08-24

"Keep looking"

Former Employee - Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at North American Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Alcoholism is a plus for getting hired Most of the Maintenance leadership knows nothing about maintenance, so its really easy to blow smoke up butts. You get to come into work feeling under valued DAILY! You get the freedom to make day to day business decisions that will later be used to fire you. If the story doesn't match their narrative they just change it - example - Survey scores began to slip,... so instead of fixing the problem, they changed the survey structure.

Cons

You can get fired for not being friends with management. Nepotism is part of the companies mission statement. you can fill a role for months and be very successful, yet when they fill the role and pass you over you'll hear. " we dont think this role is for you"

Advice to Management

If you don't make changes soon the long term affects caused by your management team will take years to repair. Have you ever stopped and asked yourself, do their personal values align with the companies vision. Look at the employee turn over you have suffered at the hands of your management. You have lost short term employees because your training program sucks, and management cant properly interview due to lack... of knowledge. How can you hire for something you yourself don't understand. You have lost long term employees because you refuse to invest in their development and future. Wake UP NAP! People is what will make your company stand out not your product. AS OF NOW YOU RIDE WITH CONNER GROUP

North American Properties2017-05-11
  9. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at North American Properties full-time

Pros

Upper Management listens to employees at all levels. The company has excellent values and does the right thing. Innovative and pushes the envelope in technology.

Cons

Training program needed. Wish there were not so many software programs, this can be overwhelming for new employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to value all employees and push the envelope with technology. Develop a better training program for on-site employees.

North American Properties2017-04-03
  10. "Good money"

I worked at North American Properties full-time

Pros

Good bonus stucture & awesome team

Cons

No opportunity for growth within company

North American Properties2017-03-15