North Atlantic Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
William Forman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for"

I worked at North Atlantic Industries full-time

Pros

The best thing about this place is that if you really know your job, there is no added pressure as long as you meet the deadline. The experience that I had there was quite awesome, I had the opportunity to work on various projects. The employees, most of them, are very friendly and ready to help when needed.

Cons

They should create, at the very least, a way for certain employees to move up and not by choice. I can also admit with certainty that some people at the upper management level do not have a clue about what they're doing. It's a fact, not fake news.

Advice to Management

Stop treating certain employees with disrespect and make all the employees, not some, feel welcome and comfortable to do their job. That will definitely help the company.

Aug 16, 2017 – NAI Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had an awesome experience while working for us. We want everyone to have a similar experience and would never want any employee to feel... More

2. "Company Employment"

I worked at North Atlantic Industries full-time

Pros

It was fun at times

Cons

not family oriented even though they tried to perceive that

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more often

3. "Administrator"

I worked at North Atlantic Industries full-time

Pros

There are some very nice people within the organization

Cons

Senior leadership is not committed to any changes that would enhance the business, grow sales or support employees. Employees who have been with the organization for many years are allowed to perform their jobs as they see fit and are not required to adhere to company policies or procedures. Furthermore, Senior leadership does not support its middle managers, especially when dealing with their employees. No respect for experience, knowledge or expertise of anyone from "outside" the core group of employees and employees are not interested in or willing to adopt new skills, values or behaviors that improve their professional performance. Completely a "cut throat" environment and not a team mentality environment. The "monkeys" are literally running the "zoo" here.

Advice to Management

If you want to grow your business, you need to support your leadership team, and enforce business practices that they are introducing to their teams. If employees have issue with performing their responsibilities as defined by direct leadership, and refuse to do so, they should be formally address in a performance review manner. Formal performance (PIP) standards need to be introduced and enforced to ensure that "running to Senior leadership to get your own way" isn't a continued practice.

4. "Not a Good Company to Work for"

I worked at North Atlantic Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee benefits, discretionary merit bonuses, local Long Island company

Cons

This is not a good company to work for. It is misguided and has no real strategy or direction. CEO changes his mind and his vision on a weekly basis and second guesses every decision you or he makes, and therefore, nothing gets done. Very aggressive atmosphere with a lot of finger-pointing, blaming and shaming of employees. Some executive staff members are completely devoid of management skills and resort to bullying tactics. Most people in the company are unhappy, especially the women. There is a double standard regarding salaries. If you’re a woman, you will be liked only until you assert yourself. The HR department has absolutely no power over the executive management team and does whatever they are told to do. This company is going nowhere unless they learn how to manage and regard their employees. Also, they should have a more stringent drug screening program. I worked for this company for six years.

Advice to Management

No advice

5. "upper management"

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at North Atlantic Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

sense of pride in the customers they serviced

Cons

upper management rude, not the CEO though.

Aug 16, 2017 – NAI Management

Thank you for your review. We are dedicated not just to the customers we serve but to our employees as well. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with upper management. If you... More

6. "Continuous Growth"

Current Employee - IT in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - IT in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at North Atlantic Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A constantly growing, high-tech company right here on Long Island. There are numerous interesting projects going on right now, and even more on the horizon. Summer hours, flexibility, annual bonus, company contribution to 401k, paid winter shutdown, company picnic, and holiday party. I have also seen many examples of individuals receiving recognition for going above and beyond. Hard work does not go unnoticed. Also NAI is extremely accommodating to interns and those just starting out their careers.

Cons

As a growing company, the environment can be stressful at times. However, due to recent strategic changes from the CEO, senior management is now properly positioned to accommodate such rapid growth. The NAI team is ready to succeed and the future looks extremely bright!

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the lines of communication open and solicit feedback from each other. Inevitably crises will occur. At those times, it is important to unite as a team and focus solely on resolving the problem. I have seen this happen firsthand and it was a tremendous experience. Bill, the CEO, is extremely engaged with employees and his door is always open. He is willing to discuss any issues you might be facing, and more importantly, take appropriate actions to resolve them.

Aug 15, 2017 – NAI Management

Thank you for taking the time to review us. As a small company, rapid growth comes with a few growing pains. We are thrilled that you’ve noticed the efforts we’ve made to accommodate our growth and... More

"a decent company on the island"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at North Atlantic Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

christmas bonus, friendly coworkers, company is growing, new products

Cons

constantly changing priorities, tough project schedules

Advice to Management

get functional areas to work together!

8. "It's a very good place to work!"

Former Employee - Senor Engineer in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Senor Engineer in Flushing, NY

Pros

Great people, exciting products and people oriented CEO. Paid holiday break, bonuses and other employees perks. Compensation was in line with market value. Solid growth during my entire time there. They have great products that their customer wants. I learned a lot there and was given the ability to fail or succeed without being micromanaged.

Cons

Rapid growth has created problems with organization not being able to keep up with the business at times. This was addressed by the CEO and there have been reorganizations in multiple departments to manage the business better.
    Personal problem was commute, which was why i left.

Advice to Management

I always felt comfortable there being able to fully express my thoughts either positively or negatively to management. I found that it might take some time, but management does respond and is listening to the employees. Bill, the CEO makes it his business to know employees by name and to speak with them whenever he can. All of the managers should follow Bill's lead with their teams.

"Good internship"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Bohemia, NY
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Bohemia, NY

I worked at North Atlantic Industries (Less than a year)

Pros

There was plenty of work to do.

Cons

Some of the older employees didn't seem to enjoy their work.

Advice to Management

Establish a more structured internship program.

"Challenging work..."

Current Employee - Engineer in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bohemia, NY

Pros

Never a dull moment...working on cutting edge technology. Lots of A+ engineers.

Cons

The C engineers struggle to keep up with some work assignments

Advice to Management

More communication to the employees...