North Central Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

North Central Health Care Reviews

Updated 15 Nov 2018

Found 19 reviews

2.5
North Central Health Care CEO Michael Loy  (no image)
Michael Loy
  1. "Great place to work along side hard working, caring people"

I have been working at North Central Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team with caring, big hearts. There are some very skilled and passionate advocates for the people we care for.

Cons

The work is hard, but very rewarding. You get out 10 fold of what you put in, but you have to be willing to put in the effort. Slackers are not allowed.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for the best. Don't settle. The progress has been good. No time to rest on laurels.

North Central Health Care2018-11-15

May 7, 2019Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are so fortunate to live in a community with hard working people who care about others.

2. "Certified nursing assistant"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Wausau, WI

I worked at North Central Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good team players as co-worker's, good pay and great benefits

Cons

Hard work load and demanding job

Advice to Management

N/a

North Central Health Care2018-10-28

May 7, 2019Communications Coordinator

Our work is hard and demanding at NCHC, but we strive to hire the best and keep you happy! Thank you for all you do and for your honest feedback.

"Professional"

I have been working at North Central Health Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Being able to work with the clients and help them.

Cons

Administration, Directors and Management have NO CLUE. Hard to believe that they run a Behavioral Health Unit and specialize in Mental Health when THEY drive many of their counselors and service staff to seek treatment themselves. TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!! They will mandate you over and if you are not able to you will get fired. It is common to work 14-16 hour days.

Advice to Management

I would encourage the county board to clean house with all administrators and directors that are currently employed making big tax payer dollars, they are by far the worst set that have been there in a long time.

North Central Health Care2017-12-11

May 7, 2019Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Our team in BHS has some challenging work ahead of them, working with our most demanding and complex individuals in mental and behavioral health. While this work is not suited for every professional, we look for placement and fit of the right people for ...

"Professional"

Pros

I have been an NCHC employee for 30 years. There have been ups and downs as with any large health care agency, however, I have never been prouder to say I am a member of the NCHC team!!! Yes, people leave...sometimes disgruntled. It happens everywhere and is typically people who don't or won't think of change as a good thing. Being "stuck" in practices is the worst thing that could happen, especially for the people... served...they deserve the newest and best practices available to them. That takes continous change!! Yes, people are expected to "pull their weight", but I have never experienced anything but support from management to meet expectations. There has to be accountability or the agency wouldn't survive financially.

Cons

None I can think of...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and NCHC moving in the right direction! There are more positive, committed and engaged employees behind you then the few negative ones that have made the appropriate choice to leave.

North Central Health Care2017-08-15

May 7, 2019Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback and you many years of service to our community!

"Professional"

Pros

NCHC cares about employees and people who leave negative reviews are usually weeded out from the company because they are not performing to standards. Its sad to see negative reviews on this site because usually the people that are the sour grapes are the ones leaving them, not the hundreds of happy employees. People are genuine and caring and its a positive work environment. People get along and that is rare in... busy, stressful health care companies.

Cons

It is work and you are expected to pull your weight. If you don't, they don't put up with slackers. So prepare to be pushed.

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the slackers and lazy people. It is your only way to be top notch.

North Central Health Care2017-03-10

May 7, 2019Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We want only the best employees to provide the best care!

"Things have changed for the negative."

I worked at North Central Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved my co-workers! They were all very supportive and knowledgeable. My coworkers were all willing to answer questions and support you anyway they could. I loved the type of work I did and the clients and families I worked with! I would have NEVER left my job if it wasn’t for management! NCHC had decent pay and benefits, but avoid being salary.

Cons

NCHC use to be a great place to work! Around 2015 is when the company changed for the negative! As I read through reviews I noticed one person who wrote that management was trying to “weed out” the ‘lazy’ people. It’s more like management is trying to “weed out” anyone who is a strong, confident professional, who knows their profession and the law regulating their profession so that they can have a bunch of “yes... men” who do not challenge unethical and/or illegal rules they are trying to impose. Community Treatment was a terrible department to work for. When you bring concerns to management, they try to make you feel isolated and that only you are the person feeling the way you do, almost like an abusive relationship! If you point out legal and or ethical conflicts, management targets you as a trouble maker and having a “negative attitude”. Management has NO respect for your professional knowledge or level of education. NEVER be a salaried worker! They will tell you that the position is for 40 hours a week, then pile on added job assignments so that you are working 50-60 hours a week. If you say anything you get “you are expected to work as many hours necessary to complete the job you were assigned!” If you ask questions, you get reprimanded and put on performance improvement plans. Employee turnover has been horrific, people who have been working for NCHC for years are walking out the door due to management’s negative attitude, nit picking, and unreasonable expectations. I know MANY people who worked at NCHC for a long time, but took early retirement because management was so poor.

Advice to Management

I would say Management needs to do some serious self-reflection and figure out what YOU are doing wrong and stop blaming everyone else for the poor reviews, high turnover, and negative atmosphere. If you would actually listen to your employees they can tell you what they need! But, now they probably won’t talk to you about concerns or needs because they are so used to being punished for expressing concerns. Try... showing your employees some respect. Instead of trying to “push” and demand that your employees to do more, support your employees so that they can do more. Google “poor management” and you will find a ton of articles that is everything you are doing wrong.

North Central Health Care2017-03-30

May 7, 2019Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your review.

"Management needs to get off their high horse"

I worked at North Central Health Care full-time

Pros

Great pay and insurance benefits

Cons

Such a division between management and workers.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting time trying to boost employee morale with the latest method. Listen to your employees instead. Get rid of that electronic records system!

North Central Health Care2017-02-11

May 7, 2019Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your review. NCHC is always looking at improving systems and functions. Change is certainly difficult in any healthcare system, but as we listen to employees and push the quality of care to higher levels, systems need to change and update.

Professional in Wausau, WI

I worked at North Central Health Care

Pros

Some great people who truly do care about helping others but too few of.

Cons

THINK TWICE BEFORE WORKING IN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH!!! Very hostile working environment. Tons of favortism, neptuism pervails rampantly throughout this whole sector of the organization. Marathon County Board needs to seriously dig deeper into this facility's management practices and herd mentality that predominates this facility. If they really want to service and provide quality healthcare services to the tri county... commmunity, then they need to start asking the right people which are past employees what they know from their personal experiences what is really going on within that facility. Then they'll have their answers to turning it around to positivity and a place people want to work for. Get rid of your neptuism and sub standard nursing manager whom is at the root of tremendous chaos and who will do and say what she can to save her own back and the backs of her close family members working under her.This is the only facility where relatives are reporting off to superiors and causing tremendous chaos and telling multiple lies to cover their own behinds and jobs and placing blame on the good employees who then end up loosing theirs or quit because they know they are fighting a loosing upward battle. EMPLOYEES voicing valid concerns eqates to retalitory actions of being unjustly reprimanded and eventually being terminated or quitting. These same employees made HR more then aware of what was transpiring within and nothing was done.

Advice to Management

People within the community are paying too great of a price in lack of quality healthcare services. You need to seriously switch your management up in those units. Listen to your employees actually working the floor, not the management you have carelessly placed because they are your greatest resource and chance of improving this facility's culture and environment. Give credit where it rightfully belongs not just to... whom and where it'll suffice to get you by.

North Central Health Care2016-11-29

"my job"

I have been working at North Central Health Care

Pros

my co-workers and my clients

Cons

management are terrible to work with

Advice to Management

please grow brains, nothing positive

North Central Health Care2016-09-23

"NCHC"

I worked at North Central Health Care

Pros

Ive met 5 employees that were friendly, and helpful, out of over 700 employees

Cons

pay is not good, patient care is way overloaded for cna's, benefits are just ok, management is uncompromising, arrogant and always have a negative view of employees, management and supervisors will not help you with grievances , they terminate you if they do not like or connect with you.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employee before terminating them, be available, provide training stop employees who have seniority be arrogant and negative to new employees.

North Central Health Care2016-08-27