North Highland Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2020

North Highland Chairman and CEO Dan Reardon
Dan Reardon
Pros
  • "I've also had a great work-life balance which is very much appreciated(in 109 reviews)

• "Great people to work with in the past(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their business model is broken as their client's (Fortune 500) dropped pricing on staff augmentation roles causing North Highland financial discomfort(in 27 reviews)

• "Work life balance should be matchable(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic People and Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at North Highland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of autonomy for those that want it, but support when you need it The firm is listening to employees and working to improve and adapt Everyone has been amazing to work with Fun clients and cool projects that we get to work on Lots of flexibility and good work-life balance

Cons

The only thing I would list as a con would be the amount of change the firm went through over an 18 month period which ended about a year ago. Leadership listened to employees and has adapted its approach to change and is very interested in making people happy.

Continue reading

November 15, 2019Global Services

Thank you for sharing your feedback on what it's like to work at North Highland.

2. "People oriented"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at North Highland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

NH has a culture of looking out for what is best for the FTE and Associates employees as well as their clients. They hire very professional talent and focus on producing result for clients. They believe in having fun in the work place and providing opportunities outside of the work place to socialize. NH offers a very competitive salary some paid time off for non-FTEs.

Cons

Health insurance is a high deductible and pricy. I opted to purchase my own policy at a better price and lower deductible.

"Good people, poor leadership"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at North Highland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great working teams, smart people

Cons

Terrible leadership. Layoffs with no transparency. Below industry pay

4. "I loved working here."

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at North Highland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Unlimited PTO. Understanding culture

Cons

Layoffs came out of nowhere. No rhyme or reason for the people they laid off, didn't inform managers who they were letting go until after the fact.

"North Highland now requires consultants to travel to succeed, but severely undercompensates compared to traveling firms"

2.0
    Former Employee - Expert Practicioner

I worked at North Highland full-time

Pros

Work/life balance is generally better than traditional consulting firms, but it depends on the project you get staffed on. Folks at the firm are generally nice and helpful.

Cons

No longer a local based model. North Highland grew its competitive advantage and differentiation on local based consulting. Mostly PMO, delivery, and staff aug type services. As these services continually to get more commoditized, NH has realized that it needs to be able to solve more complex issues. In this transformation, that means consultants are traveling more as a standard, rather than staying local. Compensation has NOT been adjusted to be competitive with other traveling firms. Severely underpaid compared to market. Sales goals are extremely high, and make it difficult to advance.

6. COVID-19

"Proud to Work Here"

Current Employee - United States in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at North Highland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

COVID-19 crisis approach has been very responsible, compassionate, strategic, and inspiring. I'm so glad to be an employee of this company during this economically daunting time.

Cons

I don't have any cons for this review.

"OK"

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at North Highland full-time

Pros

The onboarding team was quite efficient

Cons

Not much support during engagement

May 13, 2020Global Services

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working at North Highland. We'll make sure to pass your feedback along regarding engagement support as it's an important part of our employee experience.

"Not As Promised"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at North Highland full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong peer network and good personnel

Cons

Management is inconsistent; Actions do not match stated values

Continue reading
  9. COVID-19

"North Highland is a great place if you are willing to do the work and want to build something great"

I have been working at North Highland full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked, but it may not be best for everyone. That's ok. I really love being in an environment where I get to make my mark and solve problems. and North Highland has created a company where I get to do just that. I originally got into consulting to use my skills to solve big problems and help companies succeed by bringing together teams of people with unique and special skills to tackle some of the hardest problems out there. That's the stuff I personally love to do. Do I help with the strategic part? Yes Do I help with delivery? Yes Do I help find opportunities with clients and bring in new business? Yes Do I travel? Yes Do I live on the road? No Do I have a voice? Yes I have worked on so many projects over the years, I have lost count, but the one thing I can say is that the commitment to quality work is paramount to what the MD team brings forward every day. I see the NH leaders leading from the front with grace + humility + a lot of hard work. That's my perspective. I hope to have a long career here with lots of growth, but most importantly to me is how I am treated as a part of the team, the equitable approach to how I see the firm's approach to treating people around me, and the transparency by which I know how I am measured. As for the firm's strategy and direction, I will admit there are a lot of comms out there to internal employees that may make it sometimes a challenge to follow the "main storyline", however, once I slow down enough to pay attention, I would say that the strategy is solid and makes sense. It's up to me to pick up the tools that are provided and pay attention. I don't expect NH to spoon-feed them to me all of the time. Why am I writing this review? I'll tell you why... I was a happy employee before COVID-19, but probably never really thought about showing my appreciation for the firm's leaders. It has been nothing short of amazing to see how swiftly the C-Suite has responded, provided transparent and frequent communications and updates, shown up to lead during challenging times, and done so in a way that has made me feel heard, honored, and respected. This is a great company that has absolutely NOT lost its way, but (IMHO) is just getting started.

Cons

In business as usual times, I'd love to see our culture of care show up as it has so strongly during this most recent COVID-19 crisis.

10. COVID-19

"Supportive and Caring Leader in Management Consulting Globally"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at North Highland full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture of care, collaborative and flexible environment. Opportunity to truly have a voice. Empowered to make and execute decisions. Extremely supportive environment, great benefits. Amazing firm that did not waste any time during the current global pandemic to move the entire firm to a work-from-home format. Puts their employees first!

Cons

Nothing at all.

May 13, 2020Global Services

Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope you're staying safe and healthy!

Found 592 reviews