North Slope Borough School District Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

1.9

"Great employer"

I worked at North Slope Borough School District full-time

Pros

Fun work environment, great people, beautiful scenery

Cons

Pay was a little low, but it was my first job and I had no experience. Plus, it was a fairly unskilled position so the low pay makes sense.

North Slope Borough School District2015-10-07

"District Office Clueless"

I worked at North Slope Borough School District full-time for more than a year

Pros

The students were challenging but wonderful to work with and the village had issues but still a great place to live. The staff at the school was great to work with.

Cons

The district office gave no support, no communication, never seemed to know what was going on. If there was training it was the same thing over and over again.

North Slope Borough School District2017-03-16
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "It just never stops!"

Current Contractor - Teacher in Barrow, AK

I have been working at North Slope Borough School District for more than 3 years

Pros

I work there and get a salary. That is all I can say good about the place. Many of my co-workers are nice. And the students are well behaved, most of the time.the health benefits are fair.

Cons

Money that teachers should be paid is never paid without a major issue being raised. Teachers are hired with a stated contract amount, but when they report to work, a salary adjustment is made on their contract, and they are paid less. Teachers are bullied and demeaned by supervisors at schools, and there is no recourse. Students are not properly disciplined by administrators. People with the inside track find out about jobs and have principals promise the jobs to them. There is a big emphasis on sports and little emphasis on academic fluency and rigor.

North Slope Borough School District2016-04-07