North Star Resource Group Reviews

Updated May 2, 2022

Found 152 of over 200 reviews

4.0
North Star Resource Group Chief Executive Officer Edward G. Deutschlander (no image)
Edward G. Deutschlander

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=North Star Resource Group~260292
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of North Star Resource Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, People and People. Great culture and expertise.

Cons

It's cold to visit Minneapolis in the winter

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Financial Advisor

May 2, 2022 - Financial Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Self Starter, Make your own hours

Cons

Low Pay, Long Hours, Self Starter

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

not horrible

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The children are great, main reason to stay

Cons

underpaid, overworked, salary should be adjusted to inflation

4. 4.0

Summer Review

Feb 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good community of people in every department.

Cons

Has changed over the years.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not as it seems

Mar 14, 2022 - Financial Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

work/life balance is cool. nice people

Cons

no training no guidance tech stack is awful because upper mgmt is cheap terrible crm tools

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

The people are amazing!!!

Feb 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

healthy work environment, collaborative environment, mentors available

Cons

Have not experienced a con

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Review

Feb 8, 2022 - Financial Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some colleagues are good some are bad

Cons

Management can be difficult to work with.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company, but COVID-19 policy is negligent

Dec 6, 2021 - Team Member in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are great and very supportive of each other. A great place to grow your career if you are looking to get into the industry. North Star is generally a flexible company with strong values and work-life balance.

Cons

Be forewarned that if you take a job here as a team member and not an advisor, you will be asked to work in office every day despite the outbreak and spikes in COVID-19 in Minneapolis. We have been in-office every day since Labor Day. Some team members working for advisors are able to have a hybrid situation, but those in specialty departments or processing are not given a choice. Management has disregarded the need for a masking policy despite new variants popping up, and people who are fully vaccinated and in-office are now testing positive to COVID-19. We had 2 cases on different floors in the past week, and we've had several more before that in the months since being back. While it's not clear how exactly multiple people have contracted COVID-19, North Star clearly isn't doing enough to protect us and consequentially is putting employees at risk. Currently it is only required to mask if you are unvaccinated, but the unvaccinated people in office often do not follow this rule either. The emails letting us know someone new tested positive are extremely disheartening and while it's nice that they are transparent about it, it feels like we are not cared for.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

North Star Resource Group Response

North Star Resource Group

We thank you for your comments and perspective and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the pros and cons regarding North Star. Our COVID policy is in alignment with all CDC, State, and Local health mandates and regulations. In addition, our firm’s positivity rate is significantly less than the state of MN’s current positivity rate of 11.2% * and we are working hard to keep it that way. As an essential employer, the health and safety of all our associates and clients continues to be our top concern. North Star is always open to individually discussing any suggestions or concerns with our Team Members and Associates. https://covidactnow.org/us/minnesota-mn/?s=26811580

9. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 22, 2021 - Internship
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a tremendous amount during my internship at North Star! I can tell that everyone truly cared about our learning and success, and feel that I could reach out to anyone if I needed help. Great support and culture!

Cons

Low pay, but expected for this type of work

10. 5.0

Fun Experience

Nov 22, 2021 - Sales Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved watching the company grow and their marketing scheme. Rewarding career and it really can pay off. The people were amazing.

Cons

Hard job - lots of sales - if you aren’t into sales and prospecting this will be a very difficult career for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 152 Reviews

North Star Resource Group Reviews FAQs

North Star Resource Group has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 200 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at North Star Resource Group to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, North Star Resource Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at North Star Resource Group. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

79% of North Star Resource Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated North Star Resource Group 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at North Star Resource Group to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with North Star Resource Group Job Seekers