North Star Staffing Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

North Star Staffing Solutions Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2016

North Star Staffing Solutions CEO Danny Tran (no image)
Danny Tran
  1. "The best Company to sharp you skills"

Back Office Support in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at North Star Staffing Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Taught me how to be more productive best utilization of resources. More above a friendly environment.

Cons

Exhauating workload in the office

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-12-27

"Paying membership with no return"

I worked at North Star Staffing Solutions

Pros

Learn more info about Direct Hire Placements that may be a scam; learn to stay away from platforms that have hundred or thousands of recruiters and the platform charge

Cons

Contract recruiters don't make money within the first 90 day's. Hence no good

North Star Staffing Solutions2016-09-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Talent Acquisition Specialist"

I worked at North Star Staffing Solutions

Pros

Great access to information and training. There were many meetings and lots of inspiration.

Cons

Let's just be honest, until you get a check, you're working hard...real hard...for FREE. In some instances, you're paying the owners a membership fee (which, to be honest, isn't uncommon in this line of work as an independent recruiter) to work for them.

North Star Staffing Solutions2016-01-14

"Remote recruiter"

Current Employee - Remote Recruiter in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at North Star Staffing Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Love this company, had no recruiting experience when I came here last month. I already made my first placement for over $4k. I am here for life! This is the opportunity I have been looking for because I have to work from home. My family situation makes it hard for me to leave my kids for 10 hours at a time working for somebody else. Thank you so much North star.

Cons

Right now I just can not find any cons!!!!!! I am on cloud nine with this placement!

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-09-11

"Elite Membership - Good price"

Contract Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at North Star Staffing Solutions

Pros

I've been a recruiter for the past 5 years & have joined a few different companies. North star not only has the best membership prices but also has great benefit package. You are supplied with an official email address, back office support, live support chat, easy forms for submits, live trainings, healthcare leads and free recruiting/self ebooks. The leads have helped out as I don't have to source much. I have an OR nurse that has already passed her exam, interviewed and is waiting to be placed.

Cons

I'm only 2 weeks so I don't have any cons yet.

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-09-09

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at North Star Staffing Solutions part-time

Pros

No actual pros. This company is a scam and any positive reviews posted are likely done by their upper managers.

Cons

You are not given the tools, resources or leadership to form a recruiting career with this company. They do an excellent job initially making it appear as though you are being hired as a head hunter. You will waste your time for a few weeks and realize it's all a scam and leave without ever seeing a dime.

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-10-08

"Contract Recruiter - Elite"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at North Star Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Very affordable - Training classes & videos - Multiple job boards w/ exclusives - Home office is very courteous & helpful - Able to set up one on one training with the director

Cons

They do have training classes each week that you can attend but most is independent learning.

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-08-26

"TAS - Elite Membership"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at North Star Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

North Star has an incredibly caring CEO. You don't see many that picks up the phone to call someone just to see how things are going. It's not all about the company to him but also getting to know you & your family. The Elite access allows for you to access two job boards. One being the job board that outside & MIM recruiters have access to. (Free to work on) I'm in love with the fact that I can do this part time, as recruiting is my passion. I appreciate the structure to keep recruiters, "Recruiting." North Star does not have recruiters doing the HR role or dealing with client support or an admin work. This is how recruiting should be!

Cons

Even though you do get two job boards to work on, be careful that you are not spreading yourself out. Once you have committed to an industry, stick with it. Otherwise, you will have to rebuild your candidate pool.

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-08-21

"Elite Membership"

Talent Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at North Star Staffing Solutions

Pros

Access to two job boards 3 voluntary class per week - Live or recorded Inexpensive compared to other job boards No other job boards train you or give you any help. Motivating team advisers & director

Cons

I don't have any cons for North Star. If you have been in recruiting before, you know that it takes time for placements. Especially C-Level positions. If you want the faster placing positions, go with health care.

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-08-14

"Company is Bogus"

Automotive Recruiter

I worked at North Star Staffing Solutions

Pros

If you like non-traditional, at-home, train-yourself work... then this is the job for you! Job offers some training to get started, and has weekly training sessions (all remote) but the "employees" are not required to attend.

Cons

You have to pay to work. They charge a monthly "membership" fee for access to "elite" boards... but how elite can they be if the majority of their employees are all paying to see the same boards? What's more is these jobs are also posted on company websites!! Any good industry expert is going to know what positions are open and where, why would they need the "help" of a recruiter? I recruited in the auto industry and almost every potential candidate I interviewed knew the exact company I was hiring for, with no indication on my part of who the company was! Company owners (husband and wife team) seem to have knowledge of the recruiter job, but no knowledge of the industries they recruit for - sometimes no knowledge of locations... like abbreviations for US states. P.S. if you choose to pay to work here, you will also be competing for candidate placements with the owners of this company! They spend time with volunteer hut building (or something like that) in the Philippines or Vietnam (I'm not sure)... they should be spending more time working on legitimate business practices... cause what is going on over there sends up Red Flags all over the place! Be weary of providing any of your financial info to this dynamic duo!!!! I am also pretty sure this is a MLM scheme - you get hired, and then you hire people, and then they hire people, etc. Promises of compensation via commission are nice, but do not come to fruition often. In the 3 months I spent time with this company I heard of only 3 individuals actually receiving a payment; 2 recruiters and Danny Tran.

North Star Staffing Solutions2015-09-01