North Suburban Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 21 reviews

2.6
North Suburban Medical Center CEO Jennifer Alderfer
Jennifer Alderfer
  1. "High Quality, Great new management, Pro Nursing"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse

I have been working at North Suburban Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Looks older compared to other hospitals in North but has superior quality outcomes that I am very proud of, especially being clinical. New CNO and her team have brought pride and energy to the work. Team on unit is like family. Moving in the right direction, growing.

Cons

Patient population can be challenging; as expected with growth and nursing market, sometimes stretched for staffing. When we are, my leader is hands on and helping which is different than I have seen before. The doctors need an attitude adjustment and need to be held accountable to our values. Not sure who the CEO is but the CNO knows my name and seems to care.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive direction and supporting Nursing. The changes have all been good so far. Always want more money.

North Suburban Medical Center2019-05-23
  2. "Understaffed"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist

I worked at North Suburban Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and good pay

Cons

Lab is understaffed and overwhelmed

North Suburban Medical Center2019-05-18
  3. "Laboratory"

I worked at North Suburban Medical Center

Pros

They pay you to work there....that’s the only positive thing I can think of and the only motivation to show up.

Cons

Upper management is HORRIBLE. They bully people, use intimidation tactics to Keep people quiet. I witnessed it multiple times with different coworkers. There is a resident bully in the laboratory who is protected by the supervisor and allowed to belittle other people! I can’t even describe how toxic of a work environment the laboratory is...if you are thinking of taking a position in this laboratory...DON’T...there are...

Advice to Management

Quit before you get a lawsuit.

North Suburban Medical Center2018-01-05
  4. "Good team that works hard on the night shifts to keep everyone safe."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

I have been working at North Suburban Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Even a few "non-god ego driven" physicians will put on gloves, help roll a patient, help move a patient, or even help a patient with a bedpan. Whatever it takes to keep everyone safe.

Cons

At times there is too much negative, demeaning and blaming that is done amongst staff, (this absolutely includes physicians) at the staff stations or even in halls.

Advice to Management

The best leaders were the always able to model.

North Suburban Medical Center2017-11-01
  5. "You cant do a good job here no matter how hard you try"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO

I worked at North Suburban Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great coworkers are the only reason this place is tolerable.

Cons

The attitudes from the CEO down are terrible. "it is what it is" is the most common way of dealing with any issue.

Advice to Management

Nurses are the lifeblood of any hospital, its important to make sure they're happy and have what they need to work and do a good job,

North Suburban Medical Center2017-11-22
  6. "lab"

I have been working at North Suburban Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers are wonderful and PTO is granted

Cons

The resident bully and the fact that management does nothing about it even after it has been brought to their attention countless times. There is a complete disconnect between what is happening in the lab and what management only wishes to see. Staffing is in constant flux . Also it is a for- profit hospital

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers and address the bullying.

North Suburban Medical Center2017-10-07
  7. "Profit driven hospital"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Thornton, CO

Pros

Talented nurses- very hard working

Cons

poor management- overloaded with patients, nurses not given the resources they need. very little consideration for nurses and very little support- burnout is prevalent. Difficult to leave work at work.

Advice to Management

nurses are a valuable asset- patients can be difficult to work with and nurses need more support from management.

North Suburban Medical Center2017-08-26
  8. "hometown feel"

I have been working at North Suburban Medical Center full-time

Pros

Very close knit family like place to work... lots of teamwork

Cons

not always a enough hands to complete the work needed

North Suburban Medical Center2017-06-01

"If you're looking to work here...look elsewhere!"

Former Employee - CNA in Thornton, CO

I worked at North Suburban Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly can't think of any...and I really gave it some thought but still none. For the most part, fellow employees are friendly but don't last long here.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, very poor management that cares very little about their hardest working employees...the employees that don't make a living wage. Honestly though, the pay grade here is horrible for most employees. Employee turnover rate is high as no one is happy once they are here. Floors are always understaffed so be prepared to work hard for very little money. They just don't appreciate you, this hospital only...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well, pay them a decent and livable wage and you will have a class A hospital. It's that easy!!

North Suburban Medical Center2016-12-30

"Administrative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

I have been working at North Suburban Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy the ability to have a very flexible schedule since it's a 24x7 operation.

Cons

Management stinks from the senior leaders to the director level. Extremely top heavy for being such a small facility. How many VPs does a facility need while you get rid of extremely qualified employees? CEO seems more concerned about the new paint, flooring and wall hangings than the lack of empathy shown to patients and families. Promotions tend to happen based upon having a body in the position rather than qualifications...

Advice to Management

When you say your door is "always open", make sure you follow that rule. All senior leaders seem rather out of touch with what is happening in the various departments when you claim to be "hands-on" leaders. Department leaders turn a blind eye to inappropriate behavior that is putting your facility at risk. Your yearly employee engagement survey is quite useless as it does not change much of anything -- it's all talk.

North Suburban Medical Center2016-12-22