North-West College Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
North-West College President Mitchell Fuerst
Mitchell Fuerst

1. "Rewarding and Growing Career"

Current Employee - Technology Integration Specialist in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Integration Specialist in West Covina, CA

I have been working at North-West College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Back in 2013, my resume was found online and I was called in for a special project. I have been working directly with every team at the college ever since, and must say it has truly been a rewarding experience. I've personally grown and have been tasked with new projects that push me to learn and explore my abilities and discover multiple ways to help the company grow as well. I work with each campus, helping integrate new technologies into their classroom and lectures, as well as admissions and clinical staff. The owners of the company, and all other staff members truly care about student success and will do whatever it takes to make sure the students are prepared for the real working world outside of college. I've first-hand experienced a personal friend graduate the college and go off into the world with a rewarding career, I really believe in what they do here. I look forward to growing more with the company and expanding my abilities to help in any way I can! Thank you for the opportunity!

Cons

None. Many of the issues I see here and complaints are very odd and unexplained. I've never encountered an issue with corporate, or any other staff members.. Everyone really does care about giving the best service they can to the students.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I see the vision of student success come true every day I am here.

Mar 28, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Rewarding and Growing Career," What a phenomenal review of Success Education Colleges (SEC)! It means more than we can say that you would take the time to share about your experience with ... More

2. "Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in West Covina, CA

I have been working at North-West College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The President and Vice President truly care about their students and Team Members. They are hands on and they are quick to provide support whenever we need it. They encourage all Team Members to speak up and share our ideas and most importantly, they will never dismiss our concerns without listening to us first.

The best part about this company is we actually practice our Core Values everyday. Our President and Vice President believe in all of us and they give everyone an opportunity to advance and grow within the organization.

I love coming to work because of the family environment and the support I get to accomplish my daily tasks.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. Our President and Vice President may not agree with us on everything, but they will honestly listen and provide support. They actually take the time to get to know each one of us.

Advice to Management

Please continue doing what you do best, which is listening to us and partnering with us to provide the best education for our students. I enjoy coming to work.

Mar 13, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Executive Director," Thank you for taking the time to share this review of North-West College (NWC)! We are so glad to have you on the Team. We're also glad you feel that the College ... More

3. "We will always strive to maintain a 'family' type atmosphere"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in West Covina, CA

I have been working at North-West College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family type atmosphere, fast paced work environment and lots of room for growth, with a fantastic leadership team that prides itself in taking care of the student.

Cons

Not a big fan of the commute.

Advice to Management

Implement an employee survey system.

Mar 13, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "We will always strive to maintain a family type atmosphere," We appreciate the terrific review of North-West College (NWC)! It's great to know we have such awesome individuals like you ... More

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I have been working at North-West College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family type atmosphere which you feel on many campuses. There isn't a high turn over with staff. Training and support is available when ever needed.

Cons

Many regulations in this type of business. Sometimes you have to deal with students not wanting to take their education serious so you need to be encouraging and motivating.

Advice to Management

Continue with their core values and core purpose

Feb 14, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Great Company," We are so glad to hear you are enjoying being a part of the North-West College (NWC) Team! It's also great to know that you can sense the family-type atmosphere we've worked ... More

6. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Been with Company for 8 months. I have only great things to say. Great Core Values. Very Accommodating and care about team members and the students.The longevity of employees speaks for itself. Employees have been with company 20-30 years +

Cons

My only problem is I live far from campuses and will relocate to continue to be a part of this Company.
    It always seems like the few employees that are unhappy always have something to say. The Employees that are happy don't always think to write a review. More should talk about the positives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

Feb 14, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Wonderful Company," We're so excited that you've joined our Team at North-West College (NWC)! We're also glad you sense how much we care about our Team Members and students. You're right ... More

"Love my Campus Director and the NWC family!"

Current Employee - Instructor in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Riverside, CA

I have been working at North-West College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy my job. The Riverside campus is like a family and the Campus Director is awesome to work with. I would like to make more but I wouldn't leave such a great work environment for a little more hourly.

Cons

Who wouldn't want to make more money.

Feb 14, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Love my Campus Director and the NWC family!", We love having you as part of the North-West College (NWC) family, too! It's great to hear you enjoy your job—waking up and being excited to go ... More

"Worst Place to Work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I have been working at North-West College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

That you have a job. President and Vice President are never really there.

Cons

Poor management, no team work, no proper training, fear of being fired every day, low pay but they expect you to do more than you were hired to do. Vice President looks down on everyone especially the way you dress which is sad since they tell you at orientation how she was once poor and slept in her car. Don't ever talk back to her or she will fire you in a second. I've seen it happen. The president is only there once a week if you're lucky. The hard working employees are underpaid while upper management are paid to take 2-3 hours lunch and they come and go as they please. Don't even try to work any overtime they will just delete any extra hours you work since their argument is that overtime was not approved. I've seen one manager come in and go to lunch right after. While most employees take their lunch when they have time and they don't even pay you meal penalty.

Nov 2, 2016

Dear, “Worst place to work,” I was disappointed when I read your review of working with us at North-West College (NWC) in West Covina, California. I am not perfect, but if there is one thing I ... More

"Over worked, under paid and in need of therapy"

Former Employee - Receptionist-front Dest&/Registrar in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist-front Dest&/Registrar in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at North-West College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Campus close to home. Staff/faculty at my campus, although a huge turnover, became like my own family.

Cons

Excessive work load, with unrealistic deadlines, etc. I was expected to successfully perform (2) positions which I was not hired to do(front desk-recptionist/registrar) but thrown into or get fired. Same hrly $ and no raise in 3 yrs. Corp treats staff/faculty like dirt (depending on which campus you work at) unless of course you know someone in the inner circle!!! It takes 3 people to answer a question, if it ever does get answered, because no one is on the same page ever, but, staff/faculty are still required to perform job duties at 100% w/o proper guidance, support, training , pay, or respect from upper management. No one has your back and if they find out your Un happy & stressed out mentally or physically from being overworked they simply ask "do you like your job" and really don't care if someone quits because only the "Corp inner circle" are of any value to them. I personally felt abused and taken advantage of by them pilling on more and more duties on me then they threw me out like I was trash.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and realize that you don't keep this school up and running, we at campus (excluding west covina) level do, and eventually word will get out and students will stop enrolling when there is so much confusion and turnover.

Feb 14, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Over worked, under paid and in need of therapy," While we are sorry to hear that you felt North-West College (NWC) was not the best place to work, we want to assure you that NWC’s intent is ... More

10. "Supportive"

Former Employee - VN Instructor Theory in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - VN Instructor Theory in Riverside, CA

I worked at North-West College (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is very helpful works well together. Possibility to acquire more duties to increase hours.

Cons

As with any job politics are a factor.

Advice to Management

You can't please all the students all the time, regardless of the vast ways you try to approch their desires.

Feb 14, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Supportive," Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It's always helpful when current and former Team Members share their experience with North-West College (NWC). We're glad to ... More

11. "Paralegal Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Students are excellent and work hard to learn!

Cons

Teaching night classes are tough on working students.

Advice to Management

Ensure textbooks are up to date.

Feb 14, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear, "Paralegal Instructor," We wanted to reach out to thank you for taking the time to share this review about North-West College (NWC). We take all feedback from our Team Members to heart ... More