NorthCountry Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Employee Review"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Morrisville, VT
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Morrisville, VT

I worked at NorthCountry Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NorthCountry is a credit union that not only cares about their members and communities but also the employees. Most of management, senior management and executive management began as a teller or within the call center. They understand what it is like. Executive management has an open door policy. They believe in promoting from within. I began in 2001 as a part time teller and left as a branch manager. The benefits package that NCFCU offer their employees is hard to beat. My reason for leaving was 100% personal and nothing to due with NCFCU. If you are looking for employment with an opportunity for growth, NorthCountry will give you that.

Cons

NorthCountry has seen tremendous growth in the last 3 years. Many of the branches are operating with the same number of employees they had prior to the membership growth. With all the great services and products that are offered to the members, NCFCU needs to be sure they have the staff on hand so members don't become frustrated.

Advice to Management

I think one of the best thing that happens is when executive management makes branch visits. Often the visits are quick as they are trying to get to as many branches as they can that day. I would suggest they schedule a day at a branch. Get the full picture. Have time to sit with each employee.

2. "Amazing Culture. You’d be missing out by not working here!"

Current Employee - Member Resource Specialist in South Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Member Resource Specialist in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at NorthCountry Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, people, members, schedule, pay, innovation, service, goals, teamwork, culture. These are just a few! Credit Unions are generally better to work for than a bank.

Cons

There aren’t any gripes I can come up with at this time. I’ve been with the company for a few years.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing everyone!

3. "Amazing CEO and a culture that actually backs up the mission statement."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at NorthCountry Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

The CEO is one of the most strategic people I’ve ever worked with. He also does it with humility; anyone from the top to bottom can drop in on him and obtain an audience.

Benefits are quite good. Healthcare. Decent PTO. Paid volunteer time. Lots of opportunities to volunteer or get involved in fun events.

Anyone in the organization can make a difference, if they are so inclined & motivated.

In short, this is my dream job.

Cons

It’s such a great organization, people stay for long periods. Decades. Sometimes this can result in cliques.

Lots of change in member facing staff can be dizzying at time.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

"Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Manager in South Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Manager in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at NorthCountry Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Positive and supportive work environment. Employees seem genuinely happy to be part of the team. The organization is growing, so people in entry-level positions have regular opportunities to advance as new positions are created. Pay varies. Excellent benefits. Management regularly elicits feedback from employees about opportunities for improvement.

Cons

Some employees are required to work Saturdays, but on a revolving basis. Most opportunities for advancement are at the South Burlington headquarters.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the community and your credit union family, and continue your efforts to stay in touch with all levels of the organizational chart. Of all the places I've worked, this is the place that makes me want to stay.

"Good company to work for"

I worked at NorthCountry Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth, great senior management team, mostly Mon-Fri schedule.

Cons

Employees who have been there a long time are allowed to get away with a lot.

Advice to Management

Make sure managers are not promising pay increases that they cannot give.