Cover image for NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes

4.0
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes President and CEO Stephen Merrick
Stephen Merrick

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Really good people, amazing projects.(in 7 reviews)
  • "2. Decent work life balance, if the employee manages his/her work properly there is enough scope for a decent work/life balance.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Competitive Wage, Benefits and Generous PTO, Flexible(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

d

Oct 4, 2022 - Software Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

great engineering experience, nice people. events

Cons

not great pay overall , no other cons

2. 1.0

commercial POC - proof of concept using electron-beam accelerators

Oct 17, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

a model POC for new commercialization of multiple isotope technologies, goals of growing a better supply of isotopes for treatment therapies, by some measures - faster and better progress than many pharmaceutical projects, financial resources with patience both amazing investments, determination for the long journey toward the top radioisotope industry leaders

Cons

startup LLC risks, decades of long term projects, mostly a POC show, large capital vs no growth, a new last choice in 99mTc being currently a backup supply, slowest elution process, stuck in scramble panic mode, too many "work" hours in meetings, internal over regulation by their own design, no value added vs quality, blanket training, numerous communication issues

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Review

Sep 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people there are dedicated to doing the best they can from a quality perspective.

Cons

It can be hard to come to agreement on what is considered "most correct" from a quality perspective.

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jun 9, 2022 - Manufacturing Engineer in Beloit, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Knowing that work you are doing will truly save lives.

Cons

Very busy but management is trying to hire.

6. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jul 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything from my first initial conversation with the Talent Acquisition team to my first couple of weeks with the company has been nothing but positive. The interview process moved extremely fast, and I was constantly being communicated with regarding the next steps in my interview process. While interviewing for my role, they were very thorough about what my day-to-day tasks would be. During my on-site interview, I met with each member of my team individually, which helped me get to know them personally before accepting my position. Each interviewer made me feel comfortable and was very straightforward with what I could expect when coming into the company. From the time that I accepted my position to the day I started, the Talent Acquisition team kept me in the loop and was very prompt with any questions I had. Before starting, my manager made it a point to reach out to me directly to make sure all of my questions were answered and ensure a smooth transition from my previous job to my new role at NorthStar. Overall, NorthStar has a very positive work environment that truly values its employees. People from all departments at different levels are very friendly and always willing to help. There are so many opportunities to develop yourself and learn new things. In addition to the work environment and development opportunities, NorthStar has an excellent benefits package and offers flexible work schedules.

Cons

I have yet to encounter any cons.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with challenging work

Oct 13, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great starting pay, great benefits (PTO, stock options), great company mission that involves DEI and great management support. CEO is very involved and makes time to talk to staff even with his busy schedule (can't say this about most companies). Other members of upper management are great as well and really take the time to make you feel important!

Cons

Deadlines are challenging but understandable due to NorthStar being a start-up company. Some departments are understaffed which make it very difficult to get certain task done in a timely manner. There is some staff turnover but again also to be expected with any start-up company.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing

May 16, 2022 - Nuclear Engineer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the work I get to do everyday

Cons

I have no bad words.

9. 5.0

Interview Experience and First NorthStar Impression

Dec 6, 2021 - Validation Engineer II in Beloit, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

* If you are coming from a large company, this is going to be a very exciting experience and you will figure out that you are" not just a number anymore" at NorthStar in your first couple of days or maybe during the interview process * Very detailed interview because they want to hear from you, what do you know so they don't have to teach you much, since they are growing at fast paced and may not have much time plus they are new so they expect you to bring your experience * Expect a couple of interviews from different departments because you might be working with cross-functional teams * Ask any question, they will answer during interview and they will try to be very clear about the role. Interview Sequence: Recruiter/HR --> Hiring Manager --> Senior Manager, Other Dept. managers, Senior Engineers etc. --> HR Manager--> Team Intro--> Offer letter * Good Salary, Benefits, vacation and bunch of Holidays, Good Work life balance, may offer remote options (depends on role) * People in Senior management "Directors, VPs" are down to earth and happy to help. You may see CEO coming to your desk and asking about what's going on "meaning they care". In my past experience I have not seen even the VPs in person so again "You are not a number anymore at NorthStar" * As they are growing, there could be times where you are expected to bring your expertise and can go above and beyond when its time * The projects in the company's pipeline are very much life changing, just check the website and you will know where the company is headed with its mission. * Good part is that if you stay with the company, you will be working on creating new processes, docs, sops, procedure etc. that no one has done before and not just work with already established procedures, so its just a feeling or sense of achievement * I have worked 5+ years in a couple of fortune 500 companies and I would say for me it is a great experience and decision so far

Cons

* I would have to think but it should be understandable that NorthStar is new and one should not be expecting well established systems, of-course they are working on it and it takes time.

10. 4.0

QA

Mar 21, 2022 - Quality Assurance Specialist in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance & training opportunities

Cons

Non competitive salary & room for advancement.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do not work here- A revolving door

Mar 2, 2021 - Manager in Beloit, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Nice benefits and holidays, the benefits are excellent, company observes good number of holidays through the year. 2. Decent work life balance, if the employee manages his/her work properly there is enough scope for a decent work/life balance.

Cons

1. Weak management resulting in a revolving door setup. One of the department manager's has hired 5 or 6 and fired 2 in a span of 1 yr. So the chances of staying with the company are right around 50-60%. Seems like bad hiring management and decision is causing this issue that seems to be consistent across other departments as I was surprised to see many people leaving the company when I joined. There is a mass distribution email when someone leaves and I saw this at least one every week with 300 employees. 2. Management doesn't seem to have a clue regarding what they want from certain projects as no one seemed to believe in creating requirements or having a project charter or list of designs. 3. Toxic culture as people tend to bad mouth the host during the meetings without addressing issues directly with the hosts. Somehow managers are feeling good about this kind of toxic feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews
</>Embed

NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes Reviews FAQs

NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 47 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes. This rating has decreased by -14% over the last 12 months.

82% of NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, management.

Popular Careers with NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes Job Seekers