Northeast Addictions Treatment Center Reviews

Northeast Addictions Treatment Center Executive Director Kate Smith
Kate Smith
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid company doing great work

Mar 4, 2019 - Support Services in Quincy, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues are dedicated and some of the best I've ever worked with... The pay is very good for the field of behavioral health.

Cons

Not much time off and constantly need to be available. Work life balance is tough but people suffering from SUD do need constant attention and redirection.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not the place for me

Apr 29, 2021 - Admissions Specialist in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, Paid time off, and the retirement plan.

Cons

Atmosphere, Politics, Cliquie, They don't keep on people that work hard but the keep on family and friends.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

None

Jun 2, 2020 - CUA Case Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work, very long hours

Cons

Helping children is the best thing about job

4. 5.0

Best job ever

Oct 4, 2018 - Admissions in Quincy, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work environment. The dedication and time the employees/employers put in on a daily basis is astounding. They strive daily to help as many struggling alcoholics and drug addicts as possible. This job has truly changed my outlook on life and I am grateful to be part of this team.

Cons

Not being able to help save each and every individual

5. 5.0

Great experience

Dec 17, 2017 - Therapist in Quincy, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Assortment of treatment interventions , great teamwork and compassion for our patients.

Cons

I have none and believe in the curriculum and mission statement.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best job I have ever had

Mar 30, 2018 - Mental Health Therapist in Quincy, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently a full time employee of Northeast and it’s the most fulfilling, challenging, and clinical position I have had while working in the mental health field. I am respected, valued, and compensated well above the industry rates. We have a relatively small staff, giving everyone an equal and important role in the company. Staff are wonderful, funny, experienced, and hard working. Expectations and communication are clear throughout all departments. I’m grateful to be a part of a company that is reputable and continuing to grow. This isn’t your average mental health job. Therapists are expected to facilitate groups throughout the week, maintain a case load while incorporating weekly individual and family sessions, and intervening with difficult patients and redirecting patients who are an AMA risk.

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard or are looking for an easy job, don’t apply. We are all self motivated and passionate about helping patients and working as a team. People who come in with a bad attitude or poor work ethic don’t last and are just not helpful to our current work flow.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

current employee

Apr 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working here at Northeast for awhile now and love my job. I love the staff I work with. This program is changing and growing significantly. Everyone is welcoming and always willing to help out. New Management is welcoming and always listens to concerns. My supervisor helps out all the time when in need - says, "there is never a job too small." I never get fought on time off - they truly believe in self care here. I see former complaints about this facility, and its from people who were fired. This facility doesn't push clients out the door. The owners scholarship people if their insurance runs out or they truly need help. This facility just got JOINT accreditation, so that speaks VOLUMES. You have to work hard here in order to succeed, but that should be for any job.

Cons

I am hoping the schedule changes Mon-Fri. I think it is amazing that clinical staff has a clinical day to catch up on documentation - I never heard of any other facility that does it, but I believe Mon-Fri schedule for clinical and clients will benefit.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Be cautious

Dec 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits for the addictions field. Some clients do well in this program.

Cons

Very difficult leadership to work for, incredibly demanding, demeaning, and have little to no regard for the ethical and moral ramifications of their decisions. Lying to clients and manipulating them to get them into the program are a common occurrence, certain staff will often make jokes about the deception of potential clients. Once in the program leadership will use any type of "leverage" possible to keep the client in treatment, the program will manipulate and use family, legal, or employment to keep the individual there against their will, this is mostly done to drain the individual of insurance benefits. Another main issue is employees are offered significant bonuses for referrals, sadly many ethical and moral lines are crossed too much at this company simply because of money. Majority of people in charge have very little to no experience working in the substance abuse treatment and mental health field. Long hours, constant changing schedules, staff turnover, and incredibly excessive case loads. You are expected to be on call 24/7 without receiving compensation. Clinical staff has turned over at least three times in the short time it has been opened. This is a profit driven company that tries to pretend otherwise, very deceptive people within this organization.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Demanding but rewarding

Dec 17, 2017 - Management in Quincy, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great clinical program and great staff with hearts second to none. The Medical Director and clinical staff are the best in New England in my opinion. The patients absolutely get well and that is the most rewarding thing to see.

Cons

It can often be demanding and hours can be tough due to the strong commitment one must have in the field of addiction treatment. Many are not cut out to work for a program that requires excellence in clinical reporting and utmost dedication to the patients. This is not a program for a novice therapist or addiction professional. One must truly be willing to help the sick and suffering as well have extensive addiction treatment experience to work at Northeast.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Top notch

Apr 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in the mental health/addiction field for eleven years and have never felt so appreciated as I do here at Northeast. The staff is extremely helpful and always willing to pitch in for support and brainstorming. The culture is a culture of respect, dignity, and team work. The program itself has been identified in my eyes as one of the best and supportive programs available for those suffering with mental health issues and addiction. Northeast has gone above and beyond for all patients and offer the quality of care that any family member would be satisfied with.

Cons

None at this time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews