Northeast Addictions Treatment Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Therapist in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Northeast Addictions Treatment Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Assortment of treatment interventions , great teamwork and compassion for our patients.

Cons

I have none and believe in the curriculum and mission statement.

Advice to Management

I am currently employed and I am sorry that people that supposedly were employed at Northeast had such a bad experience. Since I have been here there has been growing pains( normal for a new company) and the benefits that I receive are top of the line. Since I have been here the main core of employees have been working tirelessly with helping clients achieve their goals and exceed their own potential. I look forward to going to work and with the help of my co-workers provide top level of care to men and women that have the courage to initiate momentous changes in their lives. I acknowledge that a few months ago there was some staff changes but if you ask me they were for the better. We have a solid team and we are growing exponentially and continue to provide A++ service to the clients and their families as they grow into the motivated , confident and independent people they truly are.

2. "Demanding but rewarding"

Current Employee - Management in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Quincy, MA

Pros

Great clinical program and great staff with hearts second to none. The Medical Director and clinical staff are the best in New England in my opinion. The patients absolutely get well and that is the most rewarding thing to see.

Cons

It can often be demanding and hours can be tough due to the strong commitment one must have in the field of addiction treatment. Many are not cut out to work for a program that requires excellence in clinical reporting and utmost dedication to the patients. This is not a program for a novice therapist or addiction professional. One must truly be willing to help the sick and suffering as well have extensive addiction treatment experience to work at Northeast.

Advice to Management

Additional office space for staff

3. "Be cautious"

I worked at Northeast Addictions Treatment Center full-time

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits for the addictions field. Some clients do well in this program.

Cons

Very difficult leadership to work for, incredibly demanding, demeaning, and have little to no regard for the ethical and moral ramifications of their decisions. Lying to clients and manipulating them to get them into the program are a common occurrence, certain staff will often make jokes about the deception of potential clients. Once in the program leadership will use any type of "leverage" possible to keep the client in treatment, the program will manipulate and use family, legal, or employment to keep the individual there against their will, this is mostly done to drain the individual of insurance benefits. Another main issue is employees are offered significant bonuses for referrals, sadly many ethical and moral lines are crossed too much at this company simply because of money.
    Majority of people in charge have very little to no experience working in the substance abuse treatment and mental health field.
    Long hours, constant changing schedules, staff turnover, and incredibly excessive case loads.
    You are expected to be on call 24/7 without receiving compensation.
    Clinical staff has turned over at least three times in the short time it has been opened.
    This is a profit driven company that tries to pretend otherwise, very deceptive people within this organization.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate why they entered the human service field.

4. "Worst Job I've Ever Had"

I worked at Northeast Addictions Treatment Center full-time

Pros

There's a lot of room for advancement because it's a new organization (and the turnover rate is so high) and the clients are friendly.

Other than that, it was probably the single worst job I've ever held.

Cons

If I could give this organization 0 stars, I would.

So many unethical practices take place there. It actually made me sick. The clients are not treated with respect, the employees are not treated with respect, and the executive director is probably one of the most manipulative, uncaring people I've ever met in my entire life.

In addition to that, the pay was low when I worked there (perhaps this has changed based upon the one other review that didn't clearly come from the current upper management), the benefits were barely there, the management didn't effectively do their jobs, there was no training provided for new hires, and false advertising was a huge problem - the brochure advertised therapies that simply did not take place, ever, at least while I was working there.

Honestly, I expected a lot more coming from people who have been through the ringer of addiction themselves but they're snake oil salesmen who are in it for the money.

They also get payments for referring patients to certain sober houses in the area which is unethical, if not completely illegal.

Advice to Management

Listen to your clients, listen to your employees, create a non-hostile work environment, and - most importantly - operate with ethics in mind.