Northern Business Machines Reviews

Updated Nov 17, 2019

3.6
Northern Business Machines President William Tracia (no image)
William Tracia
  1. "Account Rep"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Burlington, MA

I worked at Northern Business Machines full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for NBM for nearly 2 years. It’s a fun work environment at the Burlington HQ. A lot of team bonding goes on in the sales pit! The position has a lot of freedom and you truly get compensated on how much work you put in. You need to prospect hard to consistently find new business. Depending on your territory you may walk into some current accounts your allowed to work witch make hitting your number more attainable. Overall I would say this is a prefect position for someone looking to gain experience in B2B sales. You truly learn the full sales cycle and the management is always available for assistance.

Cons

Base salary should be higher. Commission structure should be made easier such as a straight percentage of the monthly revenue you bring in.

2. "Excellent B2B Selling Experience"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Northern Business Machines full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with NBM as an account representative for almost two years. This was my first career role out of college, and I strongly recommend NBM if you're looking to gain real B2B selling experience. All levels of management want you to be successful, you just have to use the tools and guidance they provide you. I truly enjoyed both the work and the people here.

Cons

The cons here are directly related to the amount of work you put in. If you work hard, there won't be any.

Continue reading

3. "Great Family Owned Organization"

Former Employee - Marketing Support Representative in Burlington, MA

I worked at Northern Business Machines part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Management is always open to suggestions, values employee insight and work on developing their strengths.

Cons

Cannot think of any at this time.

4. "Over two years as an account representative"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Northern Business Machines full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at NBM for a little over two years. The sales team all got along great and helped each other better their sales tactics. As an account rep you learn how to build and manage your sales pipeline and gain closing experience. Commission structure was fair and vendor compensation was high

Cons

Must be willing to make a lot of disls and have a strong ability to hunt new accounts as you manage your pipeline

5. "Decent workplace"

I worked at Northern Business Machines full-time

Pros

High energy workplace with a fast paced work environment

Cons

Pay and Benefits are not the greatest.

Continue reading
  6. "SAVE YOURSELF DO NOT WORK HERE"

1.0
    Former Employee - Service Dispatcher

I worked at Northern Business Machines full-time for less than a year

Pros

None! Absolutely none, if I can go back in time and not take the job offer, I would have refused instantly.

Cons

Toxic work environment, inappropriate work behavior, and GOD AWFUL managers and superior workers. Save yourself the sanity of such a wretched place.

7. "Great entry level sales opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Northern Business Machines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Commission and Incentive programs through company and vendors Entry level sales position gets to work entire sales cycle from the first cold call to the close your are not just calling and handing off leads Young sales environment with experienced managers willing to help with any size deal Both inside and outside sales call

Cons

Have to be patient as the sales cycle can very long

8. "Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Northern Business Machines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great incentives (trips, prizes, technology) from both the company and manufacturers. VP of Sales is a great mentor and accessible for questions and coaching. Hours are flexible (no feeling of being babysat). Good team atmosphere and friendly work environment. Company is well-respected in the industry and amongst customers. Rewards are great if you work hard and perform.

Cons

Highly competitive industry in this area

9. "Mediocre at best"

2.0
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Bedford, NH

I worked at Northern Business Machines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom to make calls or contact potential customers in a mode of your choosing ... Management just wants you to hit your numbers there's no punching a clock or serious CRM tracking (during my 2-week tenure)

Cons

They want you selling on personality only. No product or technical training. No industry background or competitor breakdowns. They will send you into the field leaving you to your own devices. Turn over here must be extremely high. Be aware what you are getting into. Unless you are a season multi-function printer vet this is probably a waste of your time and their money

Continue reading

"If I could give this company negative stars I would"

1.0
    Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Northern Business Machines

Pros

Nothing. This company is terrible through and through

Cons

Everything. The work environment at NBM is toxic, the upper level management tears down every employee. They cuss at employees (using very inappropriate and offensive verbiage), yell, threaten, call employees names, tell them they mean nothing to them, it's a very verbally abusive atmosphere. I'm surprised they haven't had more law suits for verbal abuse and harassment in the work place. That is when they bother to show up to work at all, usually they're out on the golf course. They also make false promises on money, so if you're trying to base your lifestyle off your income this place will not be able to deliver for you. I had by far the worst experience I've ever had here and I caution you to please consider going elsewhere. No one deserves to be treated the way they treat employees here.

Found 13 reviews