Northern Illinois University Reviews
81% would recommend to a friend
(770 total reviews)
Lisa C. Freeman
82% approve of CEO
Found 770 of over 865 reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Northern Illinois University? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Northern Illinois University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low (although on par with the rest of the universities GA's)" (in 59 reviews)
- "Low salary causes the department to miss out on much needed talent." (in 17 reviews)
- "No Training" (in 7 reviews)
- "Raises are few and far between negotiate a great salary up front." (in 7 reviews)
- "Leadership takes an adversarial and hostile approach to employees." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Northern Illinois University and is not affected by filters.
Northern Illinois University Reviews FAQs
Northern Illinois University has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 865 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Northern Illinois University to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
81% of Northern Illinois University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Northern Illinois University 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.