The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Northern Illinois University? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Northern Illinois University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low (although on par with the rest of the universities GA's)" (in 59 reviews)
- "Low salary causes the department to miss out on much needed talent." (in 16 reviews)
- "Poor management, used to be a better place to work, tier 2 pension is horrible" (in 9 reviews)
- "No Training" (in 7 reviews)
- "Raises are few and far between negotiate a great salary up front." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Northern Illinois University and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 113 of over 858 reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "low pay"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Aug 18, 2017Graduate Research AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDeKalb, IL
Lots of departments with really strong advisors.
Still have to pay student fees and health insurance (around $2500/semester if you're full time)