Found 24 of over 858 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Northern Illinois University? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Northern Illinois University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low (although on par with the rest of the universities GA's)" (in 59 reviews)
- "Low salary causes the department to miss out on much needed talent." (in 16 reviews)
- "Poor management, used to be a better place to work, tier 2 pension is horrible" (in 9 reviews)
- "No Training" (in 7 reviews)
- "Raises are few and far between negotiate a great salary up front." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Northern Illinois University and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 17, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Flexible work/life balance Great like-minded individuals to work with. Plenty of opportunities for growth and development
Lower pay then private sector Politics between the organizations can trickle down to individuals.