Northland Investment Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are clear goals and rules in place and there is definitely room to grow if you work hard. They offer 401k matching and holiday bonuses.

Cons

They could add a little more money for updates in the apartments. It's hard to sell an outdated product for new product prices.

"director of construction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

handle a lot of work and great experience

Cons

down sizing the business plan , no future growth

"The Real Northland"

I have been working at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked for Northland for over 5 years, I can honestly say my experience has been nothing less than exceptional. Northland is a company that looks to develop their people and pull from the talents of their employees to establish them in all areas of the business. I personally and know of several employees who’ve been offered growth opportunities within the company, which speaks volumes of what the company thinks of its people.
    Every year that I’ve worked for the company I can honestly say Northland has strived to do better and be better for its employees. I mean, Northland is the type of company where, the COO and HR Director, will spend a day at your site to really get a handle on your day to day (because they sincerely care). Where, the Vice President of Multifamily makes it her business to ensure all your community’s wants and needs are met. Where, the Regional Managers; work aimlessly to support their teams, develop their communities and encourage their employees. Where, On-Site Staff (both leasing and maintenance) work to support one another in times of need.
    Overall, if you’re looking to work for a company where you would be supported from upper management (I mean working with genuine people who support you and don’t get bogged down by titles), where your voice would be heard, where management stresses the importance of a happy life/work balance, where growth opportunities are available, than honestly Northland Investment Corporation IS the company for you!

Cons

Sorry, don't have anything! Really love my experience working here!

Advice to Management

Continue to work toward making Northland an amazing company. i.e. Keep up the great work! (All Corporate Departments and All On-Site Communities)

Feb 15, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. We are happy to hear that you see progress being made from all levels of the organization. We will keep striving to improve communication... More

4. "So far so good."

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company overall. Exceptional training provided. The support system is phenomenal. Benefits are decent. The company has pretty much everything you need to successfully do your job already in place.

Cons

Software they are currently using is very dated however, they are working to improve this in the near future. Should be sometime soon.

Feb 15, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback both positive and constructive. Technology is changing at a rapid pace and we understand the importance of keeping systems and processes updated and being efficient so we... More

5. "Not bad"

Pros

Great training program and training team. Has a set of standards for all properties.

Cons

The communication between corporate and the properties is poor.

"The WORST!"

Pros

Nothing positive comes to mind....

Cons

On site team treated like lab rats. Over worked, under paid and under appreciated even though we are the back bone of their business. Regional Manager is an absolute beast. Constantly trying to rule you by fear and threats of losing job. If you are not a favorite you are treated like yesterdays trash. Only concern of the regional is numbers numbers numbers. Not the who, what, where, when and how of where those numbers are coming from. Don't expect ANY positive feedback, only negative. Really took a toll on my psyche. I actually began to think for a bit I was an awful manager. Glad to have left and be with a normal company where I am excelling again!

Advice to Management

Monitor your regionals and show more appreciation to those doing the daily leg work for your company.

7. "Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing team(s) to work with, great relationships made, training is exceptional, growth with in company

Cons

Short staffed at times, no sick personal time just all in one pto.

Advice to Management

Over all, great company to work with

8. "Meh..."

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Northland Investment Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Great insurance & love the on-site team members.

Cons

Corporate doesn't care about their employees. Pay does not compensate for the work load.

"Lots of Ups and Downs"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hire within.
    If you get with the right team, you can have a great experience. So much of this industry is negative. Helps to have great team members by your side.
    I have great teams and superb Regional Managers to buffer the negativity of Corporate.

Cons

Corporate has no clue how things run on a property level.
    This company has never been employee oriented at all and you definitely feel that.
    High turnover in maintenance and leasers.

Advice to Management

To attract better employees, pay a little more-not anything unreasonable..just competitive.

Nov 1, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Many of our employees have dedicated a number of years to Northland, their team and their residents, as such I’m sorry to hear that you decided to leave after 8 years... More

10. "Ok. Plenty of Room for Improvement"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

Pros

A great company to start out with when first entering the Multi-family world.

Cons

Not the top company in Multi-family housing and it shows. Northland leaves much to be desired. Then have the potential to be a top company but they first need to invest in their employees. Also doing things for the sake of doing it is a pure waste of time and very annoying.

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap about where you invest your money. Also, pay your employees more. You wonder why turnover is so high, people can't make a living on the pennies they are being paid. The medical plans are horrible. Very expensive. Paying all this money for the lowest medical tier of medical benefits is absurd.

Nov 1, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. I’m sorry to hear that we are not meeting your expectations as your employer. We strive to provide competitive pay and benefits... More